SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
June 7, 2011 @ 11:07 AM
Ron Burgundy

Take it from someone who plays. The boards don't have very much give and arent soft.
June 7, 2011 @ 11:08 AM
chadd

If i was canadian id prob be a hockey fan too. Its the only sport you have a real presence in.
June 7, 2011 @ 11:19 AM
pfill

Take it from someone who plays. The boards don't have very much give and arent soft.

basically like ice as well. shit barely moves
open ice are still worse imo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLbLiGXqHIA
June 7, 2011 @ 11:32 AM
J THRILLLAH

Get into football (soccer) too.

June 7, 2011 @ 11:34 AM
motherland

sellin dope is a sport

now what
June 7, 2011 @ 12:54 PM
June 7, 2011 @ 01:19 PM
RyanF.Baby

please say the baby.

Ducks all day

you guys are alive??

(•_•). ( •_•)>⌐□-□. (⌐□_□)

June 7, 2011 @ 03:37 PM
pfill

in response to rugby vids. i could post so god damn many knock out videos
this one always comes to mind when i think of headshots though, he ended his career
www.youtube.com/watch?v=b41ufiDRwc4
at least someone knocked him out though
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9Sp-WndwA
June 7, 2011 @ 04:36 PM
bonemarrow

every sport is tough

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

June 7, 2011 @ 04:45 PM
CanvasO8

you need to be at a hockey game to appreciate it. how the fuck are you gonna see a little puck on tv?
June 7, 2011 @ 04:49 PM
Juicy J

who fuckin cares? it doesn't make the sport any better.

WE TRIPPY MANE

June 7, 2011 @ 04:54 PM
Legendd

evander kane is dat niqqacool
June 7, 2011 @ 04:55 PM
Wurldwide

you need to be at a hockey game to appreciate it. how the fuck are you gonna see a little puck on tv?

hdtv.

you should get it
June 7, 2011 @ 05:06 PM
jimmillion

June 7, 2011 @ 05:17 PM
CrackPipeLips

Kids in here talking shit about hockey are obviously retarded. Hockey requires an enormous amount of skill. I'll give it to basketball players, they gotta be able to sink threes and all that shit, but its a pussy sport.

In hockey, not only do you have to be able to skate really fucking well and play with your head up ALL the time, be able to stick handle and score goals, look out for 250 pound guys coming straight at you, and be able to do this in front of 20,000 insane fans.

Meet Johan Franzen. Recently he took a nasty ass hit face first into the boards, went in the dressing room and recieved about 25 stitches and had his nose reset, then continued to play the third period.

June 7, 2011 @ 05:21 PM
CrackPipeLips

and to follow up with the skill part, just watch this guy. Pavel Datsyuk, in my opinion he is Top 3 in the world.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbldEgMN0hw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJDjB5WFFUY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCKLRkqvCdM
June 7, 2011 @ 05:26 PM
Nigga Man

Badminton > Canadian Soccer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2k-tsX5KE
June 7, 2011 @ 05:28 PM
jimmillion

^beastly
June 7, 2011 @ 05:37 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

So you ever heard of boxing, MMA, or any other combat sport?

toughness is subjective anyway. the toughness to run a 26 mile marathon is one thing, and the toughness for hockey is another.

This.

yeah i have. so you ever heard of fighting in hockey, without gloves?

yes I've heard of 15 second bareknuckle fights that end in penalty boxes. LOOOOOOOL.

Also they fight bare knuckle in brazil so i suppose Brazilian MMA fighters are the toughest according to your logic.

But uhh if you know anything about fighting, you'd know that getting hit with an MMA glove hits harder than bare knuckle because it reduces broken hands so the fighters can hit harder. The padding is for the knuckles, not the face. How many nigs get KTFO in hockey vs MMA, boxing, or muay Thai?

Sorry breh. But I will say it's def the toughest team sport out there. Maybe rugby since they're padless and hockey guys have helmets and pads all over. But it is tough for sure.
June 7, 2011 @ 05:47 PM
CrackPipeLips

Badminton > Canadian Soccer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2k-tsX5KE

you know how i know your asian? i bet you like ping pong too ♥♥♥♥♥.
June 7, 2011 @ 05:59 PM
Jackson12

This.

yes I've heard of 15 second bareknuckle fights that end in penalty boxes. LOOOOOOOL.

Also they fight bare knuckle in brazil so i suppose Brazilian MMA fighters are the toughest according to your logic.

But uhh if you know anything about fighting, you'd know that getting hit with an MMA glove hits harder than bare knuckle because it reduces broken hands so the fighters can hit harder. The padding is for the knuckles, not the face. How many nigs get KTFO in hockey vs MMA, boxing, or muay Thai?

Sorry breh. But I will say it's def the toughest team sport out there. Maybe rugby since they're padless and hockey guys have helmets and pads all over. But it is tough for sure.

hockey pads these days are literally like wearing a suit of armor. it protects you from things like pucks and sticks but when another person come flying at you it doesnt soften the blow one bit. there are far more injuries in football and hockey now because of how strong equipment is.

also i dont understand how anyone in this thread can call a pro athlete a pussy. like any of us know what its like to play a contact sport day in and day out. i get sore enough from playying hockey twice a week.
June 7, 2011 @ 08:23 PM
Awww SNAP

nobody gives a fuck about hockey

this. rugby's tougher than hockey and i can care less about either

i'm from san jose too, where our only sports team are the sharks
June 7, 2011 @ 08:38 PM
Cboom

I've played hockey, rugby and fought Muay Thai extensively and I can tell you that hockey is the full package of mental and physical toughness. With combat sport it is just you and one other guy, with all your attention and focus on him. If you're getting rolled you can fall or back up, take it to the ground or throw the towel in etc. One landed punch or kick will end a fight. Then you go home home, ice up, rest up and usually dont fight for another 2 months at least if any minor injuries. (Although I was fighting once every 3 weeks in thailand sometimes). In hockey, you are literally dropped into a warzone where 270 lb men traveling at 30km/h want to decapitate you or go toe to toe with you, bare knuckle on skates! You can't drop your head for a second, and play one of the most skillful games at the same time on top of it all. You do this for an hour every other day for an entire season. Gladiators. But yes, toughness is subjective but I think we all know what kind of toughness we are talking about.
June 7, 2011 @ 09:34 PM
Evgraf

I hateeeeeeeee when kids talk about hockey mainly because of the fact that the guys who always try to vouch for it can barely play it and if they played up through high school it was in a weak area. Hockey players are tough, but so are all athletes. It's easy to say that basketball players are pussies, but I guarantee if the fighting and shit talking was acceptable like in hockey then it would happen frequently. The best thing about hockey is that out of all sports in the US it is the least watered down, to play in college whether it be D1 or D3 it is much harder to accomplish.

http://cavalieressentials.com/

June 7, 2011 @ 09:41 PM
Constellations

lol cause you can see it in the arena? nah, and ive been to my fair share of games. hockey is gay

\X/

June 7, 2011 @ 10:13 PM
Evgraf

thats probably because you go to panther games who are the worst team in the league and have been for a long time. You aren't going to get the full experience of a game when the team can barely get 5,000 fans to a game.

http://cavalieressentials.com/

June 7, 2011 @ 10:17 PM
DarianaGrande

Hockey. The only sport white people have left.

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

June 7, 2011 @ 10:20 PM
trevorr

lol cause you can see it in the arena? nah, and ive been to my fair share of games. hockey is gay

♥♥♥♥♥ you must either be retarded or blind if you cant follow the puck.

hockey is definetly the most physical sport, ya there are no pads in rugby but its on grass and on foot so the speeds are alot slower. Getting hit by a 230lb athlete going 20mph on ice> the same dude running at you on grass trying to tackle you.

the closest most of you faggots get to playing physical sports is playing basketball in the park while worrying about your jordans getting dirty
June 7, 2011 @ 10:47 PM
Jarshy

All I know is professional b-ball is full of pussies. Dudes barely gettin bumped into, then rolling around on the court for 5 minutes.
June 7, 2011 @ 11:21 PM
pfill

This.

how often does anderson silva fight a year, or any major fighter? once or twice?
hockey players play 82 regular season games, plus playoffs if they make it in. each game is 60minutes plus overtime. you do the math, if they don't make it in, that's almost 5000minutes of gameplay not including the playoffs.
not to mention there are way more factors involved in hockey. fighting, hitting, slew foots, elbows, so much dirty play that is uncought. flying pucks/sticks. it's endless.
fall the fuk back.

Please login first to reply.