Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 30, 2011 @ 09:43 AM
Constellations

Honestly you can apply this theory to every big event.

Why do American companies blow so much on Superbowl Ads?
Why does Obama and other heads of state go overseas so often when it costs taxpayers ridiculous figures?
Why do people buy luxury brand items and not get cheaper alternatives and donate the difference?
Why do people go overboard at Christmas buying stupid amounts of gift?
Why do sportsmen and women get paid so much money?

But arguably the biggest waste of money in the world at the moment - Why does America spend so much money on the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? Already costs more than $845 billion, expected to be around $3 Trillion in the end. Talk about wasteful careless humans huh?

That video only highlights a handful of people and their opinion. This shouldn't really matter to most Americans but people saying shit about the cost of the wedding, when your country is blowing more and more money on battle which ultimately will have NO winner, you don't hear any talk about that.

the difference with all these things is that paying for this stuff is voluntary, whereas british taxpayers have no choice but to foot the bill for this bullshit.

and are you really going to equate wars to weddings? c'mon son.
but i do agree america does need to get out all its wars, but thats besides the point.

edit: and Obama going overseas for diplomatic reasons is actually part of governing a nation, so id say thats a necessary expense. and i doubt those trips cost as much as this wedding did.

\X/

April 30, 2011 @ 10:54 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

lol a war is way worse than a wedding, i like that as a comparison. people sayin the wedding is a waste of money are focusing on the wrong things.
April 30, 2011 @ 11:02 AM
Nigga Man

Pippa Middleton could get it too.

truth
April 30, 2011 @ 11:12 AM
Constellations

no doubt wars are worse but thats not the point. wars are supposedly supposed to have a purpose. granted the ones the US are in now may be purposeless, depending on your POV. i just dont like the idea that people have to pay for someone elses wedding based on some old, irrelevant tradition.

i couldnt even imagine the backlash if american taxpayers found out that they paid for a presidents wedding.

\X/

April 30, 2011 @ 11:17 AM
JayLovesPinays

People could say the exact same shit about why do you Americans pay so much attention to stupid shit like the Film Industry Awards Season or even the whole Charlie Sheen shit.

No shit. I wasn't targeting Brits exclusively, I was talking about North Americans as well.
April 30, 2011 @ 12:10 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

no doubt wars are worse but thats not the point. wars are supposedly supposed to have a purpose. granted the ones the US are in now may be purposeless, depending on your POV. i just dont like the idea that people have to pay for someone elses wedding based on some old, irrelevant tradition.

i couldnt even imagine the backlash if american taxpayers found out that they paid for a presidents wedding.

kinda like the backlash about american taxpayers payin for universal healthcare.
April 30, 2011 @ 12:22 PM
Constellations

kinda like the backlash about american taxpayers payin for universal healthcare.

Yes sad

\X/

April 30, 2011 @ 05:52 PM
tmwtg

dat ♥♥♥♥♥ william is hitting dat shit right now on the honeymoon
April 30, 2011 @ 06:17 PM
loop

both kate and pippa could get itcool
April 30, 2011 @ 11:13 PM
Denny Crane

the difference with all these things is that paying for this stuff is voluntary

Wait, so tax paying is voluntary in the US?

WHY THE FUCK DON'T I LIVE THERE!?
April 30, 2011 @ 11:18 PM
drugsonmywrist

[QUOTE=
April 30, 2011 @ 11:20 PM
Constellations

Wait, so tax paying is voluntary in the US?

WHY THE FUCK DON'T I LIVE THERE!?

i was talking about everything you listed besides the wars and presidential trips to other countries, obviously.

\X/

May 1, 2011 @ 03:59 AM
Denny Crane

Everything I listed? I never listed anything. What about warfare? That's on taxpayers.

Anyway, Ledger's (not mine - different Australian poster) argument is a red herring. Military taxes and whatever else being unjustified doesn't make the royal wedding any more justified.
May 1, 2011 @ 06:26 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

course it does
May 1, 2011 @ 06:29 AM
Blunted at birth.

it really doesn't though.
May 1, 2011 @ 07:16 AM
sad panda

I miss old HB...

May 1, 2011 @ 08:20 AM
airforce416

royal service cool
May 1, 2011 @ 08:32 AM
Constellations

Everything I listed? I never listed anything. What about warfare? That's on taxpayers.

Anyway, Ledger's (not mine - different Australian poster) argument is a red herring. Military taxes and whatever else being unjustified doesn't make the royal wedding any more justified.

lol my bad. but either way, the shit LEDGER listed was all stuff you pay for voluntarily, aside from the wars and presidential trips to other countries

\X/

May 1, 2011 @ 08:36 AM
calintz

ur royal penis is clean my highness

May 1, 2011 @ 01:32 PM
OmegaSvpreme

i was talking about everything you listed besides the wars and presidential trips to other countries, obviously.

niqqa mad cause his parents wont pay for his gym membership
May 1, 2011 @ 01:46 PM
Constellations

niqqa mad cause his parents wont pay for his gym membership

lol.

\X/

Please login first to reply.