Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 20, 2011 @ 04:10 AM
Wavey_LenZ

I dont think that science believes our universe is infinite, but is it is ever-expanding and at an accelerated rate

If it wa infinite then at night all we would see is light from the infinite amount of stars
April 20, 2011 @ 04:22 AM
bird

the chances of aliens existing is like winning lotto, but someone wins it every week..

aliens may not even consist of the same elements that life as we know it does, they could be clouds of matter or microscopic, which would enable them to travel faster and be more precise than us

being 'extra-dimensional' might mean they share a single consciousness which would enable them to think like a modern computer compared to us who would think like an abacus.

if they can travel to earth, it would be like a rocket ship landing amongst a bunch of cavemen, so we would not know what we were looking at and they would be hesitant to land.

they may reproduce asexually and not even know simp emotions such as greed, pride, envy, compassion, mercy, sympathy which means they would not be hindered by war, corruption, love, competition which would help them advance without distraction and wipe out entire species if they stood in the way of resources or if they were the resources themselves.

if the dude from area 51 is right about aliens waiting for populated areas to destroy, then the transition of the world's average population moving into cities for the first time in human history last year is good timing with these recent and consistent sightings.

the lights and patterns in the video seem to be consistent, clear and difficult to hoax, unlike videos in the past, which may suggest that it could be man-made surveillance air craft or new weather patterns or aliens

if the phone call was over ten years old, how come there's been no investigation or follow up? of course the government or a higher power would want all this shit covered up. the world would implode if we knew aliens were here. and because everyone would go looting, kill themselves, kill others, stop going to work, we'd be fucked when they actually do arrive or even if they decide not to in the end.

keep watching the skies br0s
April 20, 2011 @ 04:40 AM
Sam

[youtube]njKs8v61kMU[/youtube]

[youtube]7lP9eTSVWlM[/youtube]

Just a matter of time..
April 20, 2011 @ 05:25 AM
soap

Explain this soap.

what's there to explain?

you really think aliens crash landed here and carved a bunch of rock out of pure boredom until their friends came and picked them up?

i would say the say same thing as i did for egyptians... lots of slaves with lots of time
April 20, 2011 @ 09:41 AM
Zach!?

If it wa infinite then at night all we would see is light from the infinite amount of stars

Not necessarily, as we are unable to see into other galaxies and universes with the naked eye.
April 20, 2011 @ 10:00 AM
ramos0927

phone call gave me me goosebumps
April 20, 2011 @ 10:01 AM
KTA

aliens fucked off with the dino's...reason theres no evidence is cause they weren't invertebrates...therefore no fossils no evidence
April 20, 2011 @ 10:09 AM
bobby

let's all just fucking get jobs at Area 51 and figure this shit out foreal.

area 51 we in dis cool
April 20, 2011 @ 10:11 AM
KTA

you gotta get in a foot chase with an alien to even score an interview with area 51
April 20, 2011 @ 10:21 AM
bonemarrow

phone call gave me me goosebumps

that was not scary

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

April 20, 2011 @ 12:29 PM
chief

wat? we are able to travel much further than the moon easily but there really is no reason to and there is also no funding for that sort of thing

also our space travel technology could be much more advanced but there is a worldwide treaty preventing the use of high altitude nuclear explosions (aka space)

there is many designs for nuclear powered shuttles that could travel 10x faster than our current methods

valid point, i know were able to travel much further, but no human wants to because theyll just end up dying before they get anywhere. but im just saying, that if "aliens" have technology that allows for interplanetary travel, then their nuclear intelligence would be just as advanced

•••

April 20, 2011 @ 12:53 PM
soap

valid point, i know were able to travel much further, but no human wants to because theyll just end up dying before they get anywhere. but im just saying, that if "aliens" have technology that allows for interplanetary travel, then their nuclear intelligence would be just as advanced

well aliens would have to be capable of interstellar travel as we haven't detected any sort of radio wave coming from our planetary system besides our own

SETI currently is searching the milky way galaxy for other forms of life via signal from radio waves coming that would come from distant star clusters

they use this to estimate the chance of other advanced life being out there

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

which basically takes in all the factors... the number is very high until they become technologically advanced like us and have a high chance of destroying themselves with their own weapons (a sad but likely future for this planet) then the chance of other intelligent life being out there right now drops significantly
April 20, 2011 @ 01:27 PM
chadd

sam cassell?

lol.
April 20, 2011 @ 01:30 PM
AdnanToThe

man i do hope god doesnt exist, you know how hard it is to be a muslim? you cant do anything

Instagram- @AdnanToThe http://twitter.com/#!/AdnanToThe http://adnantothe.tumblr.com/

April 20, 2011 @ 02:18 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

if aliens exist then the god of christianity doesn't exist... that being said the existence of aliens provides no reason to not believe in creationism

How is that? The God of Christianity is defined within the bible. Omission of information doesn't equal error. I don't see how the existence of aliens would debunk Christianity just because the bible didn't explicitly describe them as such. Read Ezekiel's accounts. Jacob's accounts. What they describe as angels we would likely describe as aliens. I don't see how aliens disprove Christianity.
April 20, 2011 @ 02:37 PM
tonysteak

word at saul ^. the bible also speaks about different dimensions, and theoretically speaking, they could definitely have counted the beings in these other dimensions as aliens

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

April 20, 2011 @ 02:44 PM
shonenfan4

can the aliens please destroy Earth so we can cease to exist? cool
April 20, 2011 @ 02:53 PM
MrImFukNSleepN

Just because you're worthless and your life sucks dick doesn't mean we all should die, if you don't like this world there is always an exit button at your disposal.
April 20, 2011 @ 03:23 PM
bonemarrow

u mad u beta?

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

April 20, 2011 @ 03:33 PM

just going to leave this here.... www.thewatcherfiles.com/william_cooper.htm
April 20, 2011 @ 03:59 PM
shonenfan4

Just because you're worthless and your life sucks dick doesn't mean we all should die, if you don't like this world there is always an exit button at your disposal.

shit, some people can't understand sarcasm these days. >sad
April 20, 2011 @ 04:05 PM
April 20, 2011 @ 04:09 PM
soap

How is that? The God of Christianity is defined within the bible. Omission of information doesn't equal error. I don't see how the existence of aliens would debunk Christianity just because the bible didn't explicitly describe them as such. Read Ezekiel's accounts. Jacob's accounts. What they describe as angels we would likely describe as aliens. I don't see how aliens disprove Christianity.

Proof of aliens would debunk most of the bullshit stated in the Bible, therefore your Bible is invalid and so is your God. Regardless, the reality of there being other life out in the universe is pretty silly to doubt. There is so much else that has been proven historically incorrect in the bible... it amazes me how many people are still caught up in Christianity. The theologians of Christianity have gone back so many times and revised their Bible to agree with today's world just so they don't lose credibility. Did you know the pope said he accepts the Big Bang theory but tells his followers to not look past that as it is the work of God... biggest contradiction ever I'd say. Did you know all religions are considered occults? Do you consider yourself a man of the occult?

BUT... this is about extra-terrestrials! I was simply trying to say that if they are out there that doesn't mean people should give up faith because we are far to ignorant to know the reason for our existence. Creationism and atheism can be argued, but neither can be proved or disproved. Pick whatever makes you happy.

I, like most people, am very entertained by the thought of aliens and space but I feel we should spend more of our concern on our home planet. We should be protecting the place everyone in our time will be born and die on and the other inhabitants we share it with.

TL;dr - derpa derp derrr
April 20, 2011 @ 05:02 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Proof of aliens would debunk most of the bullshit stated in the Bible, therefore your Bible is invalid and so is your God. Regardless, the reality of there being other life out in the universe is pretty silly to doubt. There is so much else that has been proven historically incorrect in the bible... it amazes me how many people are still caught up in Christianity. The theologians of Christianity have gone back so many times and revised their Bible to agree with today's world just so they don't lose credibility. Did you know the pope said he accepts the Big Bang theory but tells his followers to not look past that as it is the work of God... biggest contradiction ever I'd say. Did you know all religions are considered occults? Do you consider yourself a man of the occult?

BUT... this is about extra-terrestrials! I was simply trying to say that if they are out there that doesn't mean people should give up faith because we are far to ignorant to know the reason for our existence. Creationism and atheism can be argued, but neither can be proved or disproved. Pick whatever makes you happy.

I, like most people, am very entertained by the thought of aliens and space but I feel we should spend more of our concern on our home planet. We should be protecting the place everyone in our time will be born and die on and the other inhabitants we share it with.

TL;dr - derpa derp derrr

You said the same thing but didn't explain. As I said, alien life forms are described in the bible. So alien life wouldn't debunk the bible. LOL.

Popes have been disregarded as heretics for centuries by protestants. His opinion is invalid. And even if there was a big bang, it's still not against intelligent design if you presuppose that something/someone had to create the big bang. Still no contradiction.

Theologians haven't revised the bible or altered it to fit current beliefs. If anyone does so, they're a heretic. What apologists have done is gone back and either confirmed that certain scientific theory agrees or disagrees with scripture. In many cases it actually agrees. Wonder if you knew that.

Last but not least:

dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion

dictionary.reference.com/browse/occult

and if you meant "cult"
dictionary.reference.com/browse/cult

Compare and contrast. Not sure who told you all religions are occults (or cults), but they're wrong. LOL. Unless schools are allowed to come up with their own definitions.

Don't get mad bro.
April 20, 2011 @ 05:37 PM
soap

1) Alien life forms are not described in the bible. You are describing angels and demons as aliens. Extra-dimensional or beings not of this universe's nature does not equal aliens. Please stop watching ancient aliens on the history channel. The bible says god made man in the image of him, where does it say he made aliens in the image of him? Oh wait, you're just going to say it doesn't say that... right right the bible just forgot to mention that part. The bible states specifically that man lives in a pre-determined existence... basically the bible is saying that god is saying under his breath that humans are supreme in this universe under him. Does that mean extra-terrestrial civilizations were put in this universe to serve human purposes just like the earth and animals that inhabit it also? That kind of thinking is the number one reason this planet has been exploited. Your bible is shit.

2) You're right, the pope is a faggot. I never said big bang contradicts creationism, but it does contradict the bibles time scale. Fuck, you don't even need to consider the big bang, look at the age of the planet.

3) I knew that, but the bible has been revised many times.

4) Take a course on sociology... schools don't come up with definitions they only teach them. Word is bond.

5) Aliens rule, fuck you.
April 20, 2011 @ 05:56 PM
hentai

sam cassell?

cool

http://hentaiwarlord.tumblr.com http://instagram.com/hentaiwarlord

April 20, 2011 @ 06:27 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

1) Alien life forms are not described in the bible. You are describing angels and demons as aliens. Extra-dimensional or beings not of this universe's nature does not equal aliens. Please stop watching ancient aliens on the history channel. The bible says god made man in the image of him, where does it say he made aliens in the image of him? Oh wait, you're just going to say it doesn't say that... right right the bible just forgot to mention that part. The bible states specifically that man lives in a pre-determined existence... basically the bible is saying that god is saying under his breath that humans are supreme in this universe under him. Does that mean extra-terrestrial civilizations were put in this universe to serve human purposes just like the earth and animals that inhabit it also? That kind of thinking is the number one reason this planet has been exploited. Your bible is shit.

2) You're right, the pope is a faggot. I never said big bang contradicts creationism, but it does contradict the bibles time scale. Fuck, you don't even need to consider the big bang, look at the age of the planet.

3) I knew that, but the bible has been revised many times.

4) Take a course on sociology... schools don't come up with definitions they only teach them. Word is bond.

5) Aliens rule, fuck you.

You must not have read the bible. What is an alien? You're thinking of little green men from far off planets. Technically a loose definition would be beings not of this earth. The beings are described as using vehicles for transportation and displaying inhuman features and descending from the heavens. IDK about you, but I'd call those things aliens by definition. It doesn't help that other ancient civilizations unrelated to one another have evidence of alien encounters. It's not that far fetched. And yes, the bible says we're in a predetermined existence. If the creator decides to create a creature in his own image, endure hardship in order to perfect them, and use other creatures (superior in intellect and genetic makeup) to serve that purpose, who can argue with that? Just because we're feeble by comparison doesn't mean that these creatures can't be purposed to serve us. And if we continue with the alien theory, then we have both aliens meant to serve and other aliens who intend to harm and control us instead. There's historic info that suggests both. Again, not as far fetched as we may think.

The big bang wouldn't necessarily contradict biblical timelines either. In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth. He said let ther be light. BOOM! There's your big bang. Now here's the thing: if you remove GOD from the equation then you have to use an old earth model. If you have a creator, you don't. So, for example, a redwood takes hundreds of years to make x amount of rings and the rings show age and so forth. If it were just a matter of random chance then yes, this explains that. If there's a creator, however, then the same way that the creator has the ability to make humans and animals in an instant is the same way that he can form a planet. So without a creator it would take x amount of years. With a creator who has authority over time and space, it can be done in 6 days....picture something along the lines of time lapse. And no that's not totally ridiculous. Consider what we humans can do in a lab just because we know how things work. Now imagine a superior intellect. Again, not as far fetched as you think.

Yes, the bible has been revised many times for consistency and accuracy. The part where people get confused is when they think translations have altered the overall doctrines within it. How many times have science books been translated and revised? Yet they remain consistent, right?

I don't need to take a course on sociology to know that all religions are not considered occults. Nor are they cults. The definitions clearly show that.

Aliens are dope. There's so much we don't know. It's like a huge historical consipiracy with tons of speculation, theory, and denial. I can only hope to find out the truth about it all. Super intriguing stuff.

And again bro, no need to get all huffy puffy du. It's a chill convo. You have a view. I have a view. You think I'm dumb, I'm just showing you that it's not as dumb as you might think. Empiricism has failed in the past. It's not the most reliable school of thought. We're specks of dust in this universe. It'd be foolish and arrogant to think we've got it figured out. We're still learning.
April 20, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
soap

Pre-determined existence fine whatever, the thing that angers me the most is that christianity says that everything on this planet is here for mankind. I can't agree with that in anyway, sorry. Would you still be saying that if you had to live in motherships orbiting a baren dust land since we destroyed our own atmosphere because at the time it suited human needs? Earth is my home, I kind of like it here and I want all future humans to enjoy it too. I am no environmentalist but the selfish mentality that christianity boasts just rubs me totally wrong. It's like... yeah we have a list of 10 pretty important morals, so we can disregard all the other moral issues out there.

Evolution is a fact. Carbon dating is a real science. If god just made a planet in six days as we know it today, did he really need to include dinosaur fossils, elaborate rivers and geology that forms over time, and the north and south poles? Why didn't he just make a planet 50% land 50% water with perfect features for humans to live on. (I feel silly even typing that out) So yes... to me intelligent design of life and our planet is far fetched. I can't tell you there isn't a creator, but if I were to believe there is/was I would think it only had to do with the balls in motion to the beginning of our universe. I hate the idea of pre-determined existence and I also hate the idea of eternal life... I really don't see what is so comforting to people about going to heaven.

Du....... religions are cults. Sociology breaks down all social acts into the most non bullshit way you can view it and then classifies them. Before religions are considered religions they are cults. Religions are just socially accepted cults. Cults are commonly referred as the bizarre group with a following and weird practices. Christianity is pretty bizarre to me and so is praying to a man in the sky sounds just like a cult. People need to classify their beliefs as religions and not cults because of their damn egos and want to be socially accepted.

I'm not huffy puffy and I never said you're dumb. I am all for intelligent arguments. Yes, aliens are dope. I would totally be down for snorting coke off alien hookers backs.

On topic:

Carl Sagan demonstrates the Drake equation

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0PWOJkWgcM
April 21, 2011 @ 12:20 AM
A.B.Y.S.S.

every time we get into these debates about aliens & religion i just think about this
youtu.be/eHiX0FZcjkA
April 21, 2011 @ 03:27 AM
JCrewkid

I would LOVE to see aliens come blasting out of the sky one day. Fucken that would be SICK! Death is inevitable so why not see and experience something phenomenal before we go.

Please login first to reply.