Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 15, 2011 @ 02:27 AM
tmwtg

You Asian dudes here on HB shouldn't be getting mad.

I'm assuming most of you are Asian-Americans, so this whole FOB shit doesn't apply to you.
March 15, 2011 @ 02:33 AM
jtangtwenty3

also it doesnt really apply to japanese. they are generally extremely polite in my experience
March 15, 2011 @ 02:34 AM
CShizzle77

I am Asian and I am not offended, what she said was right to some extent it's just the way she phrased it was possibly the worst way someone could

she ended up looking pathetic and ignorant so I ain't trippin just feel bad for her now for all the harassment she is probably getting
March 15, 2011 @ 03:18 AM
March 15, 2011 @ 04:20 AM
Food

im asian, but i don't really take offense. we are fucking rude LOL. no hate to the chinese or anything, but they're notorious for their lack in manners, etc.
March 15, 2011 @ 04:40 AM
Knives

lol this is hilarious

https://twitter.com/Animall_Mother

March 15, 2011 @ 10:12 AM
linh

i ain't even offended at all. what she said is only a matter of her opinion, until the tsunami part. that was pretty fucked up.
March 15, 2011 @ 10:48 AM
Virungă

i'm not gonna take the time to read through this thread but shes right about the FOBs. american asians are fine but the fobs don't really understand traditional american manners. they cough and blow their nose od loud in the shower and while on the toilets, they don't flush toilets, they make mad noise mad late on weekdays, they don't hold doors or say thank you for holding it for them, they talk loud in quiet places, slurp soup, etc....

i feel homo for complaining about this shit but its just what i've noticed while at school. she came off condescending and not so politically correct but she was kind of right.

Every race does this, I mean really "make mad noise mad late on weekdays" who doesn't?
March 15, 2011 @ 10:53 AM
Lord Quas

Gilbert Gottfried, a COMEDIAN, makes a few jokes on his twitter making light of the earthquake, and Aflac fires him.

Dat nigga is white, he'll be alright.
March 15, 2011 @ 10:54 AM
Eaton

I meant in the hallways at like 4 in the morning. They live in the rooms next to me and they hang out in the hallway clanking pots and laughing od loud. It might not sound that bad but it happens pretty much daily

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

March 15, 2011 @ 10:58 AM

Inactive

I meant in the hallways at like 4 in the morning. They live in the rooms next to me and they hang out in the hallway clanking pots and laughing od loud. It might not sound that bad but it happens pretty much daily

if they're doing this, the best course of action might be to ask them for a little bit of whatever they're smoking
March 15, 2011 @ 11:05 AM
Virungă

sounds like they have friends and you don't.
March 15, 2011 @ 11:08 AM
linh

Every race does this, I mean really "make mad noise mad late on weekdays" who doesn't?

white people don't do this.
March 15, 2011 @ 11:30 AM
JayLovesPinays

This girl gets nearly 500k views on that video and gets to stay in school. Clearly these are her actual views.

what are you talking about? she's been expelled.
March 15, 2011 @ 11:39 AM
Eaton

sounds like they have friends and you don't.

Sounds like you were offended by what I said for some reason even though I know you aren't asian so now you're trying to insult me.

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

March 15, 2011 @ 11:42 AM
JayLovesPinays

you don't have to be Asian to be offended by ignorance.
March 15, 2011 @ 11:49 AM
Eaton

How am I being ignorant? I'm saying I've had similar experiences with fobs. I understand there are culture differnces and that its hard for them to adjust to american norms when all your friends are fobs too but its true. My roommates are black and a russian immigrant. They both agree with me, I'm not trying to offend anyone but if you are offended then you're just being sensitive

March 15, 2011 @ 11:50 AM
AuthentikXXX

you don't have to be Asian to be offended by ignorance.

If you're that sensitive about ignorance then you should probably just gtfo of life right now.
Welcome to America. smile
And I don't see how she can be expelled for this...
March 15, 2011 @ 12:09 PM
JayLovesPinays

i'm not declaring anything you said ignorant or not, eaton, but obviously virunga believes it to be. i'm expressing that the notion that he shouldn't feel some type of way just because he isn't apart of the group being ridiculed is ridiculous.

to the other guy, i'm not that sensitive (unsure if you're generalizing or making a direct statement though) -- i'm not even bothered in the slightest bc i know ppl are stupid and have stupid opinions. and i don't think she should be expelled either, bc she has a right to her opinion constitutionally.

my stance: another ignorant person said something ignorant, what's new? you can either move on and condone it, or you can address the situation. but if ppl feel hurt, they should be allowed to complain and not be told "get over it." the same way she is allowed to talk her shit
March 15, 2011 @ 12:27 PM
AuthentikXXX

i'm not declaring anything you said ignorant or not, eaton, but obviously virunga believes it to be. i'm expressing that the notion that he shouldn't feel some type of way just because he isn't apart of the group being ridiculed is ridiculous.

to the other guy, i'm not that sensitive (unsure if you're generalizing or making a direct statement though) -- i'm not even bothered in the slightest bc i know ppl are stupid and have stupid opinions. and i don't think she should be expelled either, bc she has a right to her opinion constitutionally.

my stance: another ignorant person said something ignorant, what's new? you can either move on and condone it, or you can address the situation. but if ppl feel hurt, they should be allowed to complain and not be told "get over it." the same way she is allowed to talk her shit

Generalization, that being said. I back this.
March 15, 2011 @ 01:46 PM
ofasho

That video she made was not necessary at all, if we all want to base ignorance in this situation...it is her that's ignorant.

Out of all the littlest things she could have asked that she ranted about in the video such as: talking on the phone so loud, having bad hygiene etc..

She could have at least requested for them to use their inside voice (when she's in the library) or if she's near someone who's an asian decent (since it's about asian)could simply ask to cover their mouth when they cough.

By choosing the act that she had done, a lot of asian decent people will of course take it the wrong way. (Even me, i'm filipino) I'm not offended in any way, but i just find it so rude, and careless of her to make that video.

Not only she humiliated herself through the web, but also there has been a lot of threats towards her... her action had all these consequences towards her.
March 15, 2011 @ 03:04 PM
AuthentikXXX

That video she made was not necessary at all, if we all want to base ignorance in this situation...it is her that's ignorant.

Out of all the littlest things she could have asked that she ranted about in the video such as: talking on the phone so loud, having bad hygiene etc..

She could have at least requested for them to use their inside voice (when she's in the library) or if she's near someone who's an asian decent (since it's about asian)could simply ask to cover their mouth when they cough.

By choosing the act that she had done, a lot of asian decent people will of course take it the wrong way. (Even me, i'm filipino) I'm not offended in any way, but i just find it so rude, and careless of her to make that video.

Not only she humiliated herself through the web, but also there has been a lot of threats towards her... her action had all these consequences towards her.

Thanks for the science lesson bro. I believe most of us are familiar with the concept of action and reaction. However the point she was making was that she shouldn't have to ask people to use their inside voice or cover their mouth. If you're attending a prestigious institution such as UCLA you should be readily assimilated to American culture and etiquette.
Lastly dude, don't voice your opinion about such a touchy situation if you can't make a legitimate argument with half-decent grammar and basic writing structure.
March 15, 2011 @ 03:05 PM
Jamie Dimon

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

March 15, 2011 @ 03:16 PM
3lite

Got no problems with what she said. Should of just left off the part where she started ranting about the events in Japan. Not a good look.
March 15, 2011 @ 03:55 PM
slap

First, all students were sent a letter on respect and integrity in our email by the chancellor. And now, I get this in the email...

To Our On-Campus Housing Community,

In solidarity with the Asian Pacific Islander (API) community at UCLA, the Office of Residence Life is offering an open space for students in the residential community to come and share their feelings about the "Asians in the Library" YouTube post and the subsequent online responses. Chancellor Block has condemned the statements in the video as thoughtless and hurtful and antithetical to our True Bruin values of respect and integrity. Please join us in a community dialogue about fostering a safe and supportive environment for all of our residents.

If you will like to participate in this community dialogue, please join us at one of the forums listed below.

Open Dialogue Programs:

Rieber Fireside Lounge
Tuesday, March 15, 7-8:30 p.m. (TONIGHT)

Sproul Hall Lecture Room (1st Floor)
Wednesday, March 16, 7-8:30 p.m.

Come share your thoughts and feelings with other students, gain resources on how to cope with this incident, and engage in dialogue with one another in regards to how we, as a community, can appropriately respond with dignity and respect; embracing our True Bruin Values.

Sincerely,
Office of Residential Life

This is serious s**t!

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

March 15, 2011 @ 04:18 PM

Inactive

^^^lol wut

and smh @ the girl being expelled

wut ever happened to free speech?

i'm asian but i don't give a fuck what she says cuz she's just one dumb bitch

some of u are acting as if she raped ur grandma or something
March 15, 2011 @ 04:21 PM
Ca$hWillDew

To Our On-Campus Housing Community,

In solidarity with the Asian Pacific Islander (API) community at UCLA, the Office of Residence Life is offering an open space for students in the residential community to come and share their feelings about the "Asians in the Library" YouTube post and the subsequent online responses. Chancellor Block has condemned the statements in the video as thoughtless and hurtful and antithetical to our True Bruin values of respect and integrity. Please join us in a community dialogue about fostering a safe and supportive environment for all of our residents.

If you will like to participate in this community dialogue, please join us at one of the forums listed below.

Open Dialogue Programs:

Rieber Fireside Lounge
Tuesday, March 15, 7-8:30 p.m. (TONIGHT)

Sproul Hall Lecture Room (1st Floor)
Wednesday, March 16, 7-8:30 p.m.

Come share your thoughts and feelings with other students, gain resources on how to cope with this incident, and engage in dialogue with one another in regards to how we, as a community, can appropriately respond with dignity and respect; embracing our True Bruin Values.

Sincerely,
Office of Residential Life

LMAO...I guess Asians really that big part of UCLA for the school to be doing this shit. Afraid to loose them.
March 15, 2011 @ 04:27 PM
The Main Event

lol damn that video started some serious shit
Beach2theBay

I would go to that forum and say some real shit. I'd be like "yep. them fobs be trippin."

Inactive

yeah but really, she's just a bimbo who said some stupid//ignorant shit

why do you care?

it's not like she has the power to put any of her racist notions into action

just move the fuck on

but this is a good opportunity to speak openly about the issue of race relations and shit

Please login first to reply.