300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
March 13, 2011 @ 06:35 PM

Inactive

I don't have the money for drugs, and even if I did, I know they wouldn't really help me. I am reluctant to use psychedelics because of my shitty mind set, even though I have fucked with different shit before. And my experience with oxycodone makes me reluctant to do anything too hard. As far as marijuana is concerned, i have pretty much gotten tired of it, as ridiculous as it sounds. Alcohol is just dumb and I don't see the point in getting wasted if I come out the same person on the other side of the hangover. Like I said, everything seems to have lost it's gloss.

There isn't much in the way of nature where I live.

And yeah, I plan to start running again when it gets warmer.

I'm pretty much ugly as shit so no girls.

And as for religion, I really don't see how talking to an imaginary being in the sky would help me. Even if god was real, my ego would never be so large as to entertain the notion that whatever power created the universe would care about my petty problems.
March 13, 2011 @ 06:51 PM
JLK

"If you change how you think then you will change how you feel and what actions you take."
www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2008/05/09/gandhis-top-10-fundamentals-for-changing-the-world/
March 13, 2011 @ 06:57 PM
amanda

And as for religion, I really don't see how talking to an imaginary being in the sky would help me. Even if god was real, my ego would never be so large as to entertain the notion that whatever power created the universe would care about my petty problems.

burn
March 13, 2011 @ 07:02 PM

Inactive

I try really hard to be positive, but there is something in me that doesn't let the positivity "stay". On the other hand, for some reason, I experience negative emotions a lot of intensely.

And I try not to linger on negativity or the past, but something forces me to do just that. It's kind of like a compulsion.

I'm almost 17 btw.
March 13, 2011 @ 07:07 PM
JLK

^not everyone can be powerfulminded like i am
March 13, 2011 @ 07:08 PM
Vicodin

pussy
March 13, 2011 @ 07:13 PM
livestok

u got molested as a child or something? some pastt trauma?
March 13, 2011 @ 07:17 PM
-alex

i felt like that after my last break up sad i mean i still sometimes do, but i got school now, got a lot of videogames, new music and i get laid but im still sad and shit sad don't worry, you'll get better too. i have been crying almost every night for the past three months and been depressed as shit, getting better now tho.
March 13, 2011 @ 07:29 PM
FROADS

real talk Moops, i know we had our differences n shit (n hopefully u prolly understood it was never ever meant to be taken seriously, especially whatever type of comment i may have made in any way, it was all tongue in cheek) but i f u allow me to be serious 4 this one moment, i'll tell u this.

It's most likely probable that what you are undergoing is simply temporary, considering you're what? 16-17? N that may or may not be normal, but it does happen to teens more often than not. It becomes a problem when you do feel that way if you're in your early 20s and have been feeling that way for a quite a while, n i don't know if you'll ever get to that point, hopefully not... From what i experienced, and still struggle with, the best way to cope with this is to mask it, disguise yourself. Are u having trouble socializing with people? Make the effort n socialize, ask about their day, talk about mainstream events n keep it casual. Doesn't matter if u do care about those people or not, it helps to keep up normative appearances. That's the external struggle: making that effort. The internal struggle is something much more difficult imo, but it gets somewaht easier over time. Like everybody else mentioned, hobbies n exercise are a great way to keep your mind busy. Learning another language helps too. Keeping an open mind towards other cultures is something that might pique your interests. You like writing, right? Keep a journal n write what's on your dome, short stories, thoughts etc.

Try to have fun n don't gets stressed out by what other people tell u. As far as we know, we only have one life to live (i could die 2nite from a big ass earthquake like some of the unfortunate Japanese, who knows?, n if we were to spend the rest of our lives stressing ourselves out on trivialities it would only result on much wasted time that could've been directed at something old people regret not doing when they were young. I'm not sayin to disobey your parents but u should try ignore their attempts at giving u directions in career choices. Smoke some weed, drink your brew. If u can't score chics; go cop some fresh gear n cologne, stay in shape or get in shape, nice haircut, n dumb yourself down a bit at parties n see if that works. That's all. When your alone feed your mind with books, i came to the conclusion that i'll never be that happy go lucky guy but rather resemble that nameless narrator from notes from the underground. And I'm ok with that because, after all, I'm still living.
March 13, 2011 @ 07:30 PM

Inactive

i felt like that after my last break up sad i mean i still sometimes do, but i got school now, got a lot of videogames, new music and i get laid but im still sad and shit sad don't worry, you'll get better too. i have been crying almost every night for the past three months and been depressed as shit, getting better now tho.

that's cool

u got molested as a child or something? some pastt trauma?

lol no.

pussy

real talk Moops, i know we had our differences n shit (n hopefully u prolly understood it was never ever meant to be taken seriously, especially whatever type of comment i may have made in any way, it was all tongue in cheek) but i f u allow me to be serious 4 this one moment, i'll tell u this.

It's most likely probable that what you are undergoing is simply temporary, considering you're what? 16-17? N that may or may not be normal, but it does happen to teens more often than not. It becomes a problem when you do feel that way if you're in your early 20s and have been feeling that way for a quite a while

yeah, im gonna ride this shit out, see if it's better, but i been had this shit since i was like 12, i've just been hiding it and whatever.

, n i don't know if you'll ever get to that point, hopefully not... From what i experienced, and still struggle with, the best way to cope with this is to mask it, disguise yourself. Are u having trouble socializing with people? Make the effort n socialize, ask about their day, talk about mainstream events n keep it casual. Doesn't matter if u do care about those people or not, it helps to keep up normative appearances. That's the external struggle: making that effort.

I don't really think that continuing to mask my “problems” will help anything, as that's what I have been doing for years and years.

The internal struggle is something much more difficult imo, but it gets somewaht easier over time. Like everybody else mentioned, hobbies n exercise are a great way to keep your mind busy. Learning another language helps too. Keeping an open mind towards other cultures is something that might pique your interests. You like writing, right? Keep a journal n write what's on your dome, short stories, thoughts etc.

like I said, for some reason, I can't really get enjoyment out of anything anymore, no matter how much I used to like it or how enjoyable it is. “nothing feels good” on some The Promise Ring shit. ;/
And my creativity is fucked right now. I can't do anything artistic. Everything I do is so empty, and I don't feel that emotion anymore when it comes to art, and I just don't have that ability like I used to.

Try to have fun n don't gets stressed out by what other people tell u. As far as we know, we only have one life to live (i could die 2nite from a big ass earthquake like some of the unfortunate Japanese, who knows?, n if we were to spend the rest of our lives stressing ourselves out on trivialities it would only result on much wasted time that could've been directed at something old people regret not doing when they were young.

I keep trying to tell myself this exact thing, but it just isn't clicking in my head. I tend to dissociate from reality, and I can't process the idea that I am wasting my life.

I'm not sayin to disobey your parents but u should try ignore their attempts at giving u directions in career choices.

neither of my parents holds me in particularly high regards, and they have long since stopped trying to control my life, and are now just waiting on me to do whatever

Smoke some weed, drink your brew.

I have a mad addictive personality, and I have gotten addicted to these two things, I don't really want to fuck with alcohol anymore, and i've gotten bored with weed.

If u can't score chics; go cop some fresh gear n cologne, stay in shape or get in shape, nice haircut, n dumb yourself down a bit at parties n see if that works. That's all.

lol I would but I am ugly and have the w0o0o0ooo0rst confidence level.

When your alone feed your mind with books, i came to the conclusion that i'll never be that happy go lucky guy but rather resemble that nameless narrator from notes from the underground. And I'm ok with that because, after all, I'm still living.

what I am doing a lil bit, but it's not helping

well that's like, your opinion, man
March 13, 2011 @ 08:11 PM
RocketsFan14

i feel like a fucking walking paradox
March 13, 2011 @ 08:36 PM
shakintheD

real talk i have the same feeling sometimes, i have friends,chill with couple of girls and have everything i want but i still feel unsatisfied and really depressed with my life.

and if your that ugly, try getting uglier friends so people can see your beauty >sad

hope you get better dude
March 13, 2011 @ 08:38 PM
Virungă

lol I would but I am ugly and have the w0o0o0ooo0rst confidence level.

Then go for an ugly chick with a banging body, trust me girls like attention from anyone.
March 13, 2011 @ 09:21 PM
shhh

Do yourself a favor, go see the therapist. Back in HS, my parents insisted I stop being a bitch and told me to tough it out, but when I finally saw one, I regretted that I didn't see one earlier.

i came from a similar situation: pm me if you wanna talk
March 13, 2011 @ 09:24 PM
FORTE ASHLEY OLSEN

I used to have similair feelings when I was about your age. I had friends and everything but for some reason I felt like an alien, like I was some how different than everyone else. What got me out of that mindset was opening up more to people I knew and meeting new people. Share yourself more fully (thoughts, dreams, interests, aspirations, childhood memories) and I promise you will forge more meaningful relationships. Being connected to other people makes you feel more grounded and life more satisfying.
March 13, 2011 @ 09:41 PM

Inactive

thanks for the responses

Also, I keep having "waking dreams" where I am awake, but I somehow "watch" myself in different situations, but I can't intervene or control what I see. I can stop them by "snapping" myself out of it. I've had them in the past but they're becoming a lot more frequent. I think they're just a product of fatigue, but idk.

Do shrinks cost a lot of money?
March 13, 2011 @ 09:47 PM
Hashy

Wow you need some self confidence bro, you cant be that ugly..Don't do drugs just do you try working out or at least talking to females even on a friend basis.
March 13, 2011 @ 10:00 PM
Gary Oak

i drink my problems away. that alcoholic lifestyle
March 13, 2011 @ 10:12 PM
Trollinator

^that sad lifestyle but idgaf

I want to see the world burn

March 13, 2011 @ 10:36 PM
Bonkers

Not that I usually talk about it, but I kinda have the same feeling as you do sometimes. How old are you? Depending on your age I probably have some advice for you. Also any problems at home?
March 14, 2011 @ 02:34 AM
adriansir

a public forum filled with hypebeasts is probably not the greatest place to ask for help
March 14, 2011 @ 02:32 PM
jawesome

I could not in my eyes that I gave up so easy as pie deceived When we arrived at the nomination it turned off dead beat that nothing in the flier was no press to reality All of the rooms, and ordered them together seven, were in disarray Noiseless the bed linen not changed przewoz-osob-warszawa dogory pl]Przew

Instagram: prxsh

March 14, 2011 @ 02:33 PM

Inactive

Mods online: karl winslow, soundbomber, zSolo, Technique, Brooklyn_718, Scotty, Sonny smh
March 14, 2011 @ 02:38 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

establish goals, and accomplish them. Just like set a long term plan for the person you want to be and make little steps to becoming that person. Every time you accomplish a single goal, make one of those single steps, just take that as proof that you can do it and motivate yourself to keep going. Busy = Happy. I like literally used to feel the same way and I realized that those feelings come from being directionless, feeling like your day-to-day life isn't going to amount to anything, but if you just realize that thats where the depression is stemming from you can alleviate it by just maintaining positivity.

Also, this is important, SURROUND YOURSELF WITH OTHER MOTIVATED DRIVEN PEOPLE. It doesn't matter if they're into the same shit as you or not but just being around other inspired busy people will rub off on your own demeanor and you'll just spend the time focusing on your plans for the future (and how to make them a reality) as opposed to just wallowing in self-pity.

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

March 14, 2011 @ 02:43 PM
totalespionage

Wow you sound like me. I have the same feelings and thoughts that you are having. I have distanced myself from my family, friends, and others who care about me(long story). I don't really have a religion even though most of my family are Christians(BRAINWASHED!) and I can't pick up chicks for shit.

At the end of the day, the only thing that really helps me is marijuana. It may not be for you but I feel like it keeps me level headed and gives me a focus that I never had. Now I have a really good job that I didn't even think I would get, getting ready to purchase a car at the end of the month(and more pot), and even take a trip to SC for bike week.

Really, I just stopped caring about a lot of stuff. I mean a lot of stuff. Religion...IDGAF, what my family thinks of me...IDGAF, what people think of me...(you already know)ETC, ETC. Just my two cents *Kanye Shrug*.
March 14, 2011 @ 02:45 PM
kbos

Yo I didn't read all these pages so idk if its been advised yet, but what you need is fucking change, and maybe some meds. I felt the same way spring semester 2010, i dropped all my classes besides one, lived in my dorm and stopped feeling like kicking it with my nigs. All I did was order myself pizzas, watch tv, sleep, piss in empty bottles, and not feel horny. Took me a few months to stop being a pussy then I told my nigs and my fam the deal, went back to boston for the summer, got a job, started kicking it again, hit up my doctor, got on some anti-depressant meds (helped a lot) and its been mostly uphill or atleast steady from there.

The two most helpful things, change of scenery and keeping it 100 with your most important peoples. Through being honest with myself and others that I felt I couldn't take care of shit like a man, I actually manned the fuck up. "knowing im weak is when im really being strong."
March 14, 2011 @ 03:26 PM
FROADS

A lotta people have mentioned therapy n I ain't gonna hate, it might actually serve as a remedy 4 what's bothering you. To tell u the truth, I personally think psychiatric therapy is a bunch of BS. It only works 4 people that are constantly in need of being reassured by what others say. Sure, it helps to express your feelings with others, n a therapist might provide u with some tips as to finding that "healthy" mentality.

But again, psychiatric therapy only works for those willing to "mentally" change which, in my mind, probably never had an issue in the first place n only resorted to that means because of a lil problem they wanted to overstate. I know, mere exageration, it's common for some people to inflate their lil problems 4 the sake of attention. Again, that's for those type of people.

But I strongly believe that some people are born naturally melancholic, n no form pyschiatric therapy is ever gonna induce them to be mentally "healthy". When "therapy" does ever find a patient with that type of characteristic, science immediately labels that patient as "bipolar" n puts him/her on medication that only results in mental deterioration. Some people are meant to die by their own hand, take Hemingway, the guy was not only a literary genius but a thorough adventurer whose curiosity had him dodging bulls in Pamplona, 3 marriages, and even won him a few medals for saving lives in WW1 and WW2. Real talk, Hemingway suffered strong bouts of depression n was also an alcoholic that would spend entire months partying with Parisian poets but also seclude himself in a log cabin or somewhere remote whenever he got depressed. The perfect example of a "Bipolar" but was he really? Hemingway shot himself after finally living life to the fullest, after experiencing the happiest n experiencing the worst personal times. But that's life, happiness n sadness combined to form the most memorable experiences a person could ever have. N he lived it, man. Why in the fuck would someone continue on living knowing they were old n physically impaired n were probably never going to experience those adventures they had when they were young? That's what he did, a life lived to da fullest.

That's how i see it. Some people are born that way, u know "naturally depressed". Doesn't mean that that type will never experience happiness but rather enjoy happiness more deeply than others, n also feel sadder than others whenever they're sad. Fuck "bipolar", the word is passionate.
March 14, 2011 @ 03:27 PM

Inactive

establish goals, and accomplish them. Just like set a long term plan for the person you want to be and make little steps to becoming that person. Every time you accomplish a single goal, make one of those single steps, just take that as proof that you can do it and motivate yourself to keep going. Busy = Happy. I like literally used to feel the same way and I realized that those feelings come from being directionless, feeling like your day-to-day life isn't going to amount to anything, but if you just realize that thats where the depression is stemming from you can alleviate it by just maintaining positivity.

Also, this is important, SURROUND YOURSELF WITH OTHER MOTIVATED DRIVEN PEOPLE. It doesn't matter if they're into the same shit as you or not but just being around other inspired busy people will rub off on your own demeanor and you'll just spend the time focusing on your plans for the future (and how to make them a reality) as opposed to just wallowing in self-pity.

i am completely lost in life. witless u got school, weed, and PMER, and a shitload of other shit to wake up for. me, i don't have that. i am not really good at anything. i'm not smart, athletic, not really artsy, i'm not anything. i don't know what i'm going to be doing with myself, i have any ideas about who i am going to be. and yeah, i definitely don't feel like i am going to amount to anything, and i don't really have goals, because i feel so lost. and like i said, i experience negative feelings a lot more intensely than positive feelings, and i find it really really difficult to be positive. and i tend to be very self defeating, and i just don't like positive people (no matter how asinine that sounds).

Wow you sound like me. I have the same feelings and thoughts that you are having. I have distanced myself from my family, friends, and others who care about me(long story). I don't really have a religion even though most of my family are Christians(BRAINWASHED!) and I can't pick up chicks for shit.

At the end of the day, the only thing that really helps me is marijuana. It may not be for you but I feel like it keeps me level headed and gives me a focus that I never had. Now I have a really good job that I didn't even think I would get, getting ready to purchase a car at the end of the month(and more pot), and even take a trip to SC for bike week.

Really, I just stopped caring about a lot of stuff. I mean a lot of stuff. Religion...IDGAF, what my family thinks of me...IDGAF, what people think of me...(you already know)ETC, ETC. Just my two cents *Kanye Shrug*.

word, i used to feel focused and mad creative while high, but somehow, my reaction to weed has changed. now i just get really introspective, and my thoughts tend to gravitate towards negative shit.

Yo I didn't read all these pages so idk if its been advised yet, but what you need is fucking change, and maybe some meds. I felt the same way spring semester 2010, i dropped all my classes besides one, lived in my dorm and stopped feeling like kicking it with my nigs. All I did was order myself pizzas, watch tv, sleep, piss in empty bottles, and not feel horny. Took me a few months to stop being a pussy then I told my nigs and my fam the deal, went back to boston for the summer, got a job, started kicking it again, hit up my doctor, got on some anti-depressant meds (helped a lot) and its been mostly uphill or atleast steady from there.

The two most helpful things, change of scenery and keeping it 100 with your most important peoples. Through being honest with myself and others that I felt I couldn't take care of shit like a man, I actually manned the fuck up. "knowing im weak is when im really being strong."

glad that u got back on your feet. but me, i just can't be proactive right now. i can't really explain why, but my mind just fogs up and "mutes" the aspects of my mind that could make myself better, including my "drive" and my "motivation", and i find it hard to do different shit.
March 14, 2011 @ 03:29 PM
exhale

went through this. it sucks but it ends eventually. everyone is right about the sleep. get less sleep. go outside and do shit. even by yourself. i used to just drive around by myself in the nice weather smoke some weed and listen to music. that always made me happy.

life sucks man but you gotta force yourself to do shit that sucks. school is boring but you gotta do it so just do it. things do get better. im pretty much in the same situation as you. i got no friends really, or at least not like i used to. i used to not live at home, partied all the time, constantly around drugs and partying and fun and fucked upness, but now i live at home with my dad and rarely go out, never go to parties and shows anymore and just chill. but its whatever. life is really great, then it sucks, and i know eventually it will be really great again.

just find someone that makes you happy and make yourself happy. honestly getting a girl would be wonderful for you i think. go out and try. smoke some weed. drop some acid.
March 14, 2011 @ 06:17 PM
kbos

glad that u got back on your feet. but me, i just can't be proactive right now. i can't really explain why, but my mind just fogs up and "mutes" the aspects of my mind that could make myself better, including my "drive" and my "motivation", and i find it hard to do different shit.

well some part of you must want to get better or believe you could get better otherwise why would you bother to make a thread like this?

Please login first to reply.