Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 5, 2011 @ 01:20 PM
kidkorea

Spent almost a year in China doing my thing. Going back in a few weeks to work on my own grind with my brother. One of the best years of my life, experienced mad shit and have friends from all over the world now.

Travel, meet people, chase after your dreams ya'll.

So many more pictures I could have posted. Didn't include ANY party pictures btw.

More pictures/detailed experiences of China in the blog:

taekim.tumblr.com

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

January 5, 2011 @ 01:47 PM
jasung

is that an albino peacock
January 5, 2011 @ 01:50 PM
Herban

Congrats. It's one of my life's goals to do something like this. Except I'm planning to go somewhere in EU.
January 5, 2011 @ 02:04 PM
Its_SONIC

dat watermelon??
January 5, 2011 @ 04:40 PM
kidkorea

What made you want to leave the states?What's work like over there?

I graduated from school in '09, possibly one of the worst years for the U.S. job market. My father lived in China for business for 7 years so I was always exposed to it. He thought it'd be valuable for my future to learn Chinese and also just to experience something different so he urged me to go and after about 6 months of unemployment I packed up and bounced.

is that an albino peacock

Yes.

Congrats. It's one of my life's goals to do something like this. Except I'm planning to go somewhere in EU.

Yeap, definitely go for it man. It'll be the best investment of your time and money.

dat watermelon??

Yeap, most of the watermelon are pink/red like the States but I cracked open this one and it was yellow. Taste pretty similar though.

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

January 5, 2011 @ 06:21 PM
linh

most of your pictures are on point. what kind of camera do you use?
January 5, 2011 @ 07:23 PM
kidkorea

Thanks haha I honestly think most of them suck ass.

Nikon D40 with kit lens, other pictures are from my friend's point and shoots. No editing in any of my pictures at all.

January 5, 2011 @ 07:50 PM
Spankbank

Yeap, most of the watermelon are pink/red like the States but I cracked open this one and it was yellow. Taste pretty similar though.

Wat, there are yellow watermelon in the states. They're a lot sweeter than pink/red ones. confused

Dope pics tho man
January 5, 2011 @ 07:53 PM
FROADS

dope shit, man. Beautiful. Did u happen to visit the Great Wall?
January 5, 2011 @ 08:07 PM
kidkorea

Thanks and the last picture of the photo dump is 3 towers up from the base of the Great Wall, climbing up there was a challenge.

January 5, 2011 @ 08:18 PM
fafine

had your fair share of mosquitoes bites? LOL
January 5, 2011 @ 09:30 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

i have been peepin' at your pics since im one of your tumblr followers.

I just wanna say the city u went to is well developed n i like that the city with the waterway reminds me Venice, Italy.

oh yeah how was the food and tell me the strangest dish you've tried in China if u can :]

*I LOL'd at the pic of your arm all swollen cuz of mosquito bites and thanks for sharing those pics with us :]

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

January 6, 2011 @ 11:04 AM
kidkorea

i have been peepin' at your pics since im one of your tumblr followers.

I just wanna say the city u went to is well developed n i like that the city with the waterway reminds me Venice, Italy.

oh yeah how was the food and tell me the strangest dish you've tried in China if u can :]

*I LOL'd at the pic of your arm all swollen cuz of mosquito bites and thanks for sharing those pics with us :]

Tons of mosquito bites, the huge one pictured is the biggest one I've ever seen in my life.

I tried dolphin meat, fried caterpillars, jellyfish, shark, and some other weird shit probably I don't really remember.

January 6, 2011 @ 11:11 AM
jawesome

I wish I could do shit like you and Helgan, props. sad

Instagram: prxsh

January 6, 2011 @ 11:24 AM
kidkorea

I wish I could do shit like you and Helgan, props. sad

You can.

January 6, 2011 @ 11:32 AM
glennboy

Very nice man
I'm leaving for Puerto Rico in 2 weeks to live for about a year, this thread has kinda inspired me to take a lot of pics and a lot of chances while I'm there, thanks lol

Live Life // Get Mo Money

January 6, 2011 @ 04:04 PM
kidkorea

Definitely take as many pictures as you can while you're away. Documenting my past year has been the most valuable thing, now I have all these experiences with me and I can re-live them all through these photos and videos. Hope you have a great time man.

January 6, 2011 @ 04:14 PM
Eazy-E

Damn wish I had some money to do it.
January 6, 2011 @ 06:38 PM
bapa

lol @ swimming in poopy water
January 6, 2011 @ 08:29 PM
curtis50cent

how much moneys u use for the trip?
January 6, 2011 @ 08:39 PM
L.G.W.H.4000

Blown away that this thread hasnt been trolled to death yet.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/168595/? #post-3381365

January 6, 2011 @ 09:53 PM
kidkorea

how much moneys u use for the trip?

I went to China for free because my family has a lot of mileage points so I used them to get me a free flight. Once you get into China everything is pretty cheap, I usually ate for around $1-$2 a meal. And travelling within China is not expensive at all either. I can get to Shanghai from Hangzhou on the new bullet train (fastest in the world) for about $8.

January 6, 2011 @ 10:19 PM
strangers

damn man makes me interested into doing something like this
January 6, 2011 @ 10:35 PM
farcus

been a follower of your tumblr, just dropped in to say dope pics,
January 6, 2011 @ 10:48 PM
rushlimbaugh

better girls out there than states?
January 6, 2011 @ 10:52 PM
theh00d

Study abroad??

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

January 6, 2011 @ 11:36 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

lol @ swimming in poopy water

i'm pretty damn sure it's a mud. Natural mud that's actually good for your skin if im correct.

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

January 7, 2011 @ 12:03 AM
curtis50cent

I went to China for free because my family has a lot of mileage points so I used them to get me a free flight. Once you get into China everything is pretty cheap, I usually ate for around $1-$2 a meal. And travelling within China is not expensive at all either. I can get to Shanghai from Hangzhou on the new bullet train (fastest in the world) for about $8.

where did u stay?

yea i was in shanghai for 2 weeks in october...my friend works there, and then i was in HK and macau since i have family there.
January 7, 2011 @ 12:16 AM
Theseventhletter

Thats awesome, too bad I don't have the money to spend a year in another country I've always wanted to go somewhere in south america or an island.
January 7, 2011 @ 11:47 AM
kidkorea

been a follower of your tumblr, just dropped in to say dope pics,

Thanks for following man.

better girls out there than states?

Overall a lot more open-minded and cultured girls literally from all over the world. Definitely really laid back and I feel less materialistic then a lot of American chicks.

Study abroad??

I graduated from University in 09' and went for an International Language Program

where did u stay?

yea i was in shanghai for 2 weeks in october...my friend works there, and then i was in HK and macau since i have family there.

I'm in Hangzhou, about an hour away from Shanghai

I encourage everyone to do what they can to travel the world, America is such a bubble you realize.

Please login first to reply.