Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 2, 2011 @ 01:59 PM
DragonSlayerofChaos

you should just kill yourself now
January 2, 2011 @ 02:38 PM
kbos

My highschool work load was much heavier then my college work load and if anything the cirriculum in college is easier. The public schools in this area have a rep for being significantly more difficult then the average american highschool though...

From my perspective college is much easier then highschool, academically. In highschool I was getting pounded with homework and essays. In College I have maybe 1/2 the essays and the homework is widdled down to read your text books, which of course nobody actually does and in most cases you can just review the important shit before a test and come through with an a to b range grade. Thats just my experience, maybe some of you have more demanding college schedules and im sure most of you went to highschools that were less demanding.
January 2, 2011 @ 07:54 PM
quiwi

^only way college will be easier than highschool is if you go to an average/shitty college or your major is non demanding (art, languages ect).

if you go to a good college and major in something like science or engineering, you'll be working your ass off
January 2, 2011 @ 08:04 PM
iggy-koopa

im a senior in hs right now waiting for colleges to decide whether they want me or not

any info on scholarships/financial aid tips?

oh and 3.9 gpa and I didnt know november was the last month to take the SATs for CSUs so my one and only score was an 1850
January 2, 2011 @ 09:26 PM
tree fiddy

Unhelpful dick comment -

Not all highschools are of equal difficulty, and there are several factors to consider. I've seen brilliant people fail and drop out and ive seen complete morons ace their way through the system. Academic success in highschool is hardly a measure of intelligence, it's more a measure of motivation and ability to conform to a tunnel view system.

I went to a public school in mass for freshmen and sophmore year. I was unmotivated and having a lot of trouble at home. I was getting pretty much straight D's. Then I got sent away to kick-your-ass into shape school, got my shit together, got the A's, and got into Wagner and then Hofstra Univeristy, where im continuing to get A's and B's. When I was doing bad in school I felt like shit about myself, I wasn't trying to be or do anything productive. That's why I made the change. If you just focus on your work a little it will pay off in the end.

I have been to 2 colleges and 2 highschools, college is a breeze compared to highschool.

stressing in high school? lol shits easy unless you're just an idiot

and iggy just google that shit theres scholarships for like anything i.e. being mexican, asian, engineer, etc. people come up with the most random scholarships.

and FAFSA is all you need for financial aid cool
January 2, 2011 @ 09:54 PM
ZachMorris

college been alot easier than hs for me, i guessed cuz ive matured more, and like my course.
January 3, 2011 @ 12:45 PM
farcus

re
you'll hardly get homework in college for whats its worth... basically its your life if you want to get Cs they don't care you're paying them to get an education but don't bitch when you're going nowhere in life with your liberal art C grade degree...
January 3, 2011 @ 01:37 PM
ak

Honestly, I felt like highschool was easy...but it was lame so I didn't even bother. When I first got into CC, I felt the same so I barely went to classes and had little to no motivation to get any work or studying done. It was terrible. Just make sure you get your study habits correct. I'm in my second year cc and I still got shitty highschool habits. It's terrible. I feel like if I actually went to school in highschool, I'd probably better off. It's about getting your act together at an early age so it becomes a habit. I'm still trying to break away from these shitty habits of not studying when I should and shit like that.

Please login first to reply.