300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
December 28, 2010 @ 10:35 AM
OmegaSvpreme

So anything other than Anglo Saxon culture isn't culture?

White people did a lot of savage things. But of course, you choose to ignore that, don't you?

Name me one savage thing the white man did, that wasn't "kill entire cultures".

I'm sure if the other "cultures" were civilized they could have all gotten along.
December 28, 2010 @ 10:39 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

This is some shit, look at how the white/ higher end Asian (china/japan) top it all off.

Obviously there are exceptions, but it shows as a whole how some races are just lower on the spectrum.

Edit:2nd image (color code) doesnt work, but pretty much the more dark blue (purple is the highest) the higher average IQ, then tanish is lower, and reds (dark red is the worst) are lower.

First off, pardon my rant, but this actually got my wheels turning.

Dude, American and Canadian aren't races. The US and Canada, as well as a number of European countries aren't comprised of only one race. So, while in India the IQ is lower, why is it that Canada, which has a large Indian population, scores on par with other well developed countries?

My point: I don't think this has anything to do with race as much as it has to do with culture. I'm willing to admit that it's a possibility that some races are genetically predisposed to certain behavior, but I think the environment in which a mind develops has more to do with the IQ than race alone.

I mean, whether evolutionist or creationist, you still believe that we all came from the same stuff. It's silly to assume genetic superiority. The only thing that separates us is environmental adaptations and culture.

In the colder environments it was the smarter people who increased their odds of survival. So culturally a premium was placed on brains as well as brawn. Smarter genes are passed on. In warmer climates where you didn't really have to concern yourself with using your head so much to find food and shelter, it was physical strength and speed that conquered. The strong and aggressive were the ones who passed their genes. So I would assume that it's only natural that certain races have certain genetic predispositions, but again, if you notice, it's still not so much about genes, but it's more about environment/culture. If you take the smarter people out of the aggressive environment and put them into an intellectual environment, they'd have better chances to survive and pass on their genes. But if you take the agressive warrior and put them in a situation that's ruled by cunning, they're not likely to survive. That being said, the US and Canada aren't up there because of race. It's because of culture. Same goes for China.

That's my theory and I don't present it as fact. But I think I'm pretty close to something true here.
December 28, 2010 @ 10:40 AM
JayLovesPinays

Are you insinuating that incivility amongst foreign cultures is what provokes Anglo genocidal tendencies?
December 28, 2010 @ 10:42 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Name me one savage thing the white man did, that wasn't "kill entire cultures".

I'm sure if the other "cultures" were civilized they could have all gotten along.

You don't know much about history do you? I mean, neither do I, but I still know enough to know that white people did stupid shit too. Salem witch trials. How to make a slave by Willie Lynch. Emmit Till. There's a story where a slave master hung a pregnant woman upside down by her toes, cut open her stomach and stomped out the baby. Oh, and let's not forget the holocaust. Those are a few that I can think of off the top of my head.
December 28, 2010 @ 10:48 AM
OmegaSvpreme

First off, pardon my rant, but this actually got my wheels turning.

Dude, American and Canadian aren't races. The US and Canada, as well as a number of European countries aren't comprised of only one race. So, while in India the IQ is lower, why is it that Canada, which has a large Indian population, scores on par with other well developed countries?

My point: I don't think this has anything to do with race as much as it has to do with culture. I'm willing to admit that it's a possibility that some races are genetically predisposed to certain behavior, but I think the environment in which a mind develops has more to do with the IQ than race alone.

I mean, whether evolutionist or creationist, you still believe that we all came from the same stuff. It's silly to assume genetic superiority. The only thing that separates us is environmental adaptations and culture.

In the colder environments it was the smarter people who increased their odds of survival. So culturally a premium was placed on brains as well as brawn. Smarter genes are passed on. In warmer climates where you didn't really have to concern yourself with using your head so much to find food and shelter, it was physical strength and speed that conquered. The strong and aggressive were the ones who passed their genes. So I would assume that it's only natural that certain races have certain genetic predispositions, but again, if you notice, it's still not so much about genes, but it's more about environment/culture. If you take the smarter people out of the aggressive environment and put them into an intellectual environment, they'd have better chances to survive and pass on their genes. But if you take the agressive warrior and put them in a situation that's ruled by cunning, they're not likely to survive. That being said, the US and Canada aren't up there because of race. It's because of culture. Same goes for China.

That's my theory and I don't present it as fact. But I think I'm pretty close to something true here.

qft +1 this is what I would've said if I had the time to type this up.
December 28, 2010 @ 10:50 AM
OmegaSvpreme

You don't know much about history do you? I mean, neither do I, but I still know enough to know that white people did stupid shit too. Salem witch trials. How to make a slave by Willie Lynch. Emmit Till. There's a story where a slave master hung a pregnant woman upside down by her toes, cut open her stomach and stomped out the baby. Oh, and let's not forget the holocaust. Those are a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

Salem witch trials: who cares lol fuck witches
Slavery: im not justifying it, but if the blacks were more sophisticated, they would not have allowed themselves to become slaves.
The slavemaster thing, that's one instance. Shit like that happens all the time.
There's no white culture (as far as I know) where human sacrifice/cannibalism (traits common in mayan/aztec/some african cultures)are common.
As a whole, the behaviors that those cultures partake in are much more animalistic than those of the white man.
December 28, 2010 @ 11:03 AM
JayLovesPinays

December 28, 2010 @ 11:09 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Slavery: im not justifying it, but if the blacks were more sophisticated, they would not have allowed themselves to become slaves.
The slavemaster thing, that's one instance. Shit like that happens all the time.
There's no white culture (as far as I know) where human sacrifice/cannibalism (traits common in mayan/aztec/some african cultures)are common.
As a whole, the behaviors that those cultures partake in are much more animalistic than those of the white man.

Witches: These are people that were on the same civil level as their peers and they were needlessly murdered.

Slavery: There are accounts of civilized cultured being enslaved so it's not about Africans not being advanced enough.

Slavemaster: It was not the only horror commited by a white slavemaster. You asked for an example of barbarism. That's one.

White human sacrifice: tinyurl.com/2aepphq

You have some flawed points/logic.
December 28, 2010 @ 11:18 AM

Inactive

lol the dude is borderline mentally handicapped
December 28, 2010 @ 01:43 PM
OmegaSvpreme

Witches: These are people that were on the same civil level as their peers and they were needlessly murdered.

Slavery: There are accounts of civilized cultured being enslaved so it's not about Africans not being advanced enough.

Slavemaster: It was not the only horror commited by a white slavemaster. You asked for an example of barbarism. That's one.

White human sacrifice: tinyurl.com/2aepphq

You have some flawed points/logic.

Those were druids..aka witches.. aka what was cleansed during the salem witch trials...
December 28, 2010 @ 01:56 PM
CanvasO8

Those were druids..aka witches.. aka what was cleansed during the salem witch trials...

wat. Salem whitch trials had nothing at all to do with the druids. druids=in the British isles. salem=a city in America. Salem witch trials happened in America and did not "cleanse" anything, it just killed a lot of innocent people. Are you aware of how they tested to see if someone was a witch? They tied a bunch of rocks to them and threw them in a lake. their reasoning was that if she rose from the water she was a witch, if she drowned then she was a human. yeah, real fucking civilized and intelligent.

and druids arent witches. wtf.
December 28, 2010 @ 02:42 PM
northwest

lol the dude is borderline mentally handicapped

December 28, 2010 @ 03:05 PM
dirtyandypants

rofl at this entire thread.
December 28, 2010 @ 03:25 PM
sharky

LOLOLOL
war, disease, famine, the spanish inquisition, holy wars started by european christians, gladiators and the goddam roman colosseum, i could go on and on listing "animalistic" things the white man has done. so please stfu.

there is no inherent inferiority in being born a certain race simply because of genetics. it's circumstance and culture. for fucks sake somebody close this thread.
December 28, 2010 @ 10:11 PM
HHZ

LOLOLOL
war, disease, famine, the spanish inquisition, holy wars started by european christians, gladiators and the goddam roman colosseum, i could go on and on listing "animalistic" things the white man has done. so please stfu.

there is no inherent inferiority in being born a certain race simply because of genetics. it's circumstance and culture. for fucks sake somebody close this thread.

word to the crusades
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
December 29, 2010 @ 11:29 AM
OmegaSvpreme

LOLOLOL

Culture is the correct term. You are right. African cultures are inferior, however some African Americans have proved that the race in itself is not the problem.
December 29, 2010 @ 11:30 AM
OmegaSvpreme

word to the crusades
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

ain't nothing wrong with purging witches and pagans
December 29, 2010 @ 12:17 PM
no1collector

I agree with some of your statements, but not so much with your conclusions.

Environmental pressures for adaptations are numerous and their effects are not always obvious, especially when genes are concerned. In any environment (hot, cold, warm), it is the best adapted organism that has the greatest chance of passing on their genes (not necessarily the most intelligent). If you say that cold produces a more intelligent human because it requires more cunning, then I could say that living in the savannah or the jungle requires more cunning. Although there would be more food sources in a savannah or jungle than in a cold, snowy environment, there would also be more diseases, wild animals, poisonous insects and snakes, annual floods etc that one would encounter. They would select for humans that were intelligent enough to use medicine, predict floods, choose edible plants, properly protect themselves from animals, etc. My point is that you cannot say any type of natural environment affects intelligence one way or the other.

I agree with you that upbringing and environment are more reliable and are more accurate determinants of intelligence. However, it cannot be stressed enough that this map ignores several important variables.

Almost all the countries with supposedly low IQs are poor.
Almost all the countries with supposedly low IQs are former colonies.
Almost all the countries with supposedly low IQs have a strong history of exploitation by European states and multinational corporations.
All the countries with supposedly low IQs have a large population of poor people who cannot afford proper nutrition (access to proper food plays a very large role in development and intelligence)

How did they get the data to make that map anyway?
December 29, 2010 @ 03:02 PM
strafe

yall shouldve just asked dude if he/she know a lot about africa and he/she wouldve said no and then you could disregard everything he/she said after that...
December 29, 2010 @ 03:06 PM
CanvasO8

wait wtf. i just noticed that on this map it has North Korea in purple. Whoever made this map is mad suspect.

Please login first to reply.