Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
February 14, 2011 @ 12:13 PM
imtheman

Let me give you guys a bit of a picture of how it has gone down so far in San Diego with "Younger" hitting the bars. ALL these places had lines of people waiting to get in:

- Toronado had the 1st keg of Younger tapped on Thursday = gone within the hour..
2nd keg after that one = gone within 2 hours... BOTH kegs gone from 11am - 3pm!!

- Stone Brewery had two kegs over the weekend - both gone within the hour.

- O'Briens had a line of people waiting for the YOUNGER tap, making the bar super crowded & rowdy.. 1st keg gone within 20 minutes, 2nd keg gone within 30 minutes.

- My favorite bar (Hamilton's) tapped it unannounced.. no Facebook posts, no twitter posts, no newsletters, nothing. I actually was told last Friday night that they would be tapping on Sunday (yesterday), at 1pm and they did.. My wife & I arrived at about 12:30 before they opened and there was a line of about 6 people. So we just waited...

SO.. was the hype worth it??!
FUCK YES... you would never even think that this IPA (IIIPA), was 11% abv!! The bar had no more than about 30-40 people when they opened.. no crazy ass lines, no pushy beer snobs.. just like any other Sunday. I had 2 glasses of it and felt great... I overheard some guy say that last year's batch was BETTER!?! If thats true, this is the best fuckin beer I have ever had and I cannot imagine how much better it could be!!

February 14, 2011 @ 01:43 PM
YDNA

to the pliny posts

I WANTTTT!
February 15, 2011 @ 09:56 AM
Theseventhletter

Well guys I had a pretty good Valentine's day. I went to the supermarket near my old apartment to pick up some groceries to cook my GF dinner and what do I see out of the corner of my eye? Their new craft beer section. I went over and found a bottle of Lindeman's Lambic Framboise for my girl who usually hates beer ( she ended up loving that of course ) I got myself a 4 pack of Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA which was amazing! I didn't wanna over do it on the beer because I was cracking open a bottle of 2002 Rancho Siquoc Merlot(fucking strong as hell 15.4%ABV!!!!) with her but I am definitely going back for more today or tomorrow. They had a couple bottles of Chimay Bleu reserve I think, 1 last bottle of Rouge Chipotle Ale which sounded a little intimidating lol and a ton of other great brews.

February 15, 2011 @ 02:08 PM

Inactive

Lambics in general are awesome for people who want something more tart or fruity and claim not to enjoy beer. I have NEVER met anyone that disliked a good lambic
February 15, 2011 @ 05:59 PM
Theseventhletter

Besides the obvious what should I expect from a chocolate stout? I had a heavy temptation to pick up a 6 pack of Brooklyn Brewery's Chocolate Black Stout. Tomorrow I'm definitely picking up a bottle or two of Rogue if the Chipotle Ale is still there I'll try that and cellar the other bottle.
February 15, 2011 @ 06:34 PM
scum

SO.. was the hype worth it??!
FUCK YES... you would never even think that this IPA (IIIPA), was 11% abv!! The bar had no more than about 30-40 people when they opened.. no crazy ass lines, no pushy beer snobs.. just like any other Sunday. I had 2 glasses of it and felt great... I overheard some guy say that last year's batch was BETTER!?! If thats true, this is the best fuckin beer I have ever had and I cannot imagine how much better it could be!!
[/IMG]

Wait what is this? Can I try this anywhere else or was this exclusive in San Diego for Valentine's Day or something?!?!?
Damn..

http://commissarystores.com

February 15, 2011 @ 07:15 PM

Inactive

Besides the obvious what should I expect from a chocolate stout? I had a heavy temptation to pick up a 6 pack of Brooklyn Brewery's Chocolate Black Stout. Tomorrow I'm definitely picking up a bottle or two of Rogue if the Chipotle Ale is still there I'll try that and cellar the other bottle.

Chocolate stouts really depend on the brewery, but you can expect a dark almost bitter chocolate, cocoa, roasted coffee taste. I love stouts. A good chocolate stout is great. Try it over a scoop of vanilla icecream. Serious. Probably pretty viscous too
February 15, 2011 @ 07:50 PM
Theseventhletter

Chocolate stouts really depend on the brewery, but you can expect a dark almost bitter chocolate, cocoa, roasted coffee taste. I love stouts. A good chocolate stout is great. Try it over a scoop of vanilla icecream. Serious. Probably pretty viscous too

pour beer over vanilla ice cream?......that sounds gross yet intriguing lol. As I type this Im finishing a 90 minute IPA cellaring that last bottle will be tough it's so fucking good lol.
February 15, 2011 @ 10:49 PM

Inactive

pour beer over vanilla ice cream?......that sounds gross yet intriguing lol. As I type this Im finishing a 90 minute IPA cellaring that last bottle will be tough it's so fucking good lol.

Ohhh man... You'd be surprised. GREAT beer is awesome for desserts and cooking. I usually pour a stout into my chilis. Makes it taste way better.

You bought framboise. You can also try...
rgvreview.wordpress.com/tag/lindemans-framboise-raspberry-lambic-beer/

February 16, 2011 @ 12:50 PM
Theseventhletter

Sonny you're going to drive me to alcoholism, that lambic float looks absolutely amazing.
February 16, 2011 @ 04:18 PM
Theseventhletter

Well I went to the supermarket to pick up dog food and I got a bottle of Delirium Nocturnum which is one of the coolest looking beer bottles I've ever seen and a 6 pack of Rogue Dead Man's Ale. They had Abita Purple Haze and a ton of other mentions from this thread so I'll be doing quite a bit of experimenting over the next few weeks.
February 16, 2011 @ 04:25 PM

Inactive

^ Nice! Let us know your impressions of each. It's really interesting to see peoples individual reactions and thoughts on beer.
February 16, 2011 @ 04:35 PM
Theseventhletter

I've got a question would I be able to cellar a couple bottles of the Dead Man's Ale?
February 16, 2011 @ 04:45 PM

Inactive

I don't know of too many people who cellar maibock style beers, but if the ABV is high enough try it out and see what happens! That's part of the fun. The hoppiness will definitely dull though. I'd assume it's like cellaring an IPA.
February 18, 2011 @ 12:39 PM
Theseventhletter

Last night I tried a couple new beers. I tried a liter of Weinstephanner Vitus (pardon my spelling)which had a banana like sweetness to it. I didn't like it too much because the sweetness made it rather filling. After a few sips i felt as if i drank it too fast I would get sick. Halfway through it was a bit more tolerable, a decent beer but I sure wouldn't get a liter again maybe half a liter at most. Then I tried Delirium Tremmens which was amazing perfect bitterness and extremely drinkable. One of my new favorites.
February 18, 2011 @ 05:15 PM
imtheman

Wait what is this? Can I try this anywhere else or was this exclusive in San Diego for Valentine's Day or something?!?!?
Damn..

nah its just released once a year from Russian River brewery and they ran out in 2 weeks.
They sent Younger to certain craft brew markets and it didnt last more than about an hour at almost every bar its been tapped.
If you happen to be in San Diego in the next couple weeks, theres gonna be a few more kegs tapped at bars that decided to wait before tapping their kegs.

I've tried an ice cream like that before.. really really damn good. I had a vanilla scoop with some vanilla bean porter poured over it - nice little treat.
February 18, 2011 @ 10:22 PM

Inactive

Working late tonight so I decided to pick up a few beers. Lost Abbey Avant Garde.

Frech style ale which they suggest to pair with cheese and apples.

February 19, 2011 @ 01:04 PM
LiquidSwords

Had a couple really good IPA's last night.

February 20, 2011 @ 11:25 AM
LiquidSwords

I also added Hopslam to that list
February 20, 2011 @ 04:07 PM

Inactive

Lagunitas Fusion is the truth

February 20, 2011 @ 07:16 PM
Theseventhletter

Gonna get a bottle of Stone Double Bastard, I saw it at the store today but didn't cop.
March 4, 2011 @ 11:10 AM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

Recent Pickups:

[LIST]
[*]Dragon's Milk
[*]Stone Pale Ale
[*]Flying Dog: Doggie Stale
[*]Founders: Red Rye P.A.
[*]Brecken Ridge: Oatmeal Stout
[*]Moose Drool
[*]Hebrew: Genesis Ale
[/LIST]

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

March 4, 2011 @ 01:46 PM
YDNA

recently had

Russian River- Damnation and Concecration
Hoppin Frog- Doris the Destroyer Imperial Double stout
Founders- Double Trouble IPA

All amazing
March 4, 2011 @ 06:24 PM
Canvas08

Aging some Yeti right now
March 6, 2011 @ 02:25 AM
YDNA

aging a St Bernardus right now, first ever aging.
March 6, 2011 @ 06:34 PM
randysav

Lagunitas Fusion is the truth

went to the sacramento brewfest yesterday and Lagunitas had the sac fusion also. I was dissapointed that Russian River Brewery did not show up to the event. So far my fav yesterday was.

lagunitas sacfusion, oakland OBC brewery, He’Brew Lenny Rye Double IPA,sierra nevada torpedo ,dogfish IPA.and this..

the whole event was wild. cant wait for next year again.
March 6, 2011 @ 06:37 PM
Technique

3 30 racks of Miller High Life for a massive beer pong night, yum

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

March 6, 2011 @ 06:40 PM
randysav

Gonna get a bottle of Stone Double Bastard, I saw it at the store today but didn't cop.

Stone double bastard is no joke. this shit was mad bitter from the first sip.the aroma was good but i could not finish the whole bottle,not a big fan so thumbs down for me. glad i copped dogfish IPA to replace it.
March 8, 2011 @ 04:51 PM

Inactive

Went to a Ballast Point tasting last night. Great fun and tried some awesome beer.

Winner of the night...

Big Eye - Awesome hoppiness without being too harsh. Nice balance. REALLY great to drink and I could totally imagine having a few on a hot day.
March 18, 2011 @ 05:50 PM
randysav

ballast point sculpin is my current favorite at the moment,i need to try that big eye and see the comparison.

just copped this at my local nugget market, enjoying two bottles on this rainy CA day cool

Please login first to reply.