Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 4, 2011 @ 06:22 PM

Inactive

^ Well you live in Houston, TX. Any time someone asks for my recommendation I always tell them to check out the local scene first.

beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/65

Go to any of those places and just try some different beers. Remember the ones you like and dislike. Name and type of beer. Then you can ask for something similar or totally opposite. Unless you already know the style of beer you like that makes it that much easier smile.
January 4, 2011 @ 06:23 PM
Theseventhletter

Thats funny, I love heineken as my normal every day "go to" beer and budweiser I wouldnt drink if someone had a gun to my head. The smell makes me nauseous. I think you should try blue point toasted lager it's pretty good. Look through the thread lots of stuff has been mentioned.
January 4, 2011 @ 08:40 PM
randysav

someone suggest some new beer for me to try. im sick of drinking the same brews day after day. I drink all of the "normal" shit (bud, sam , miller, etc) and the only kind i DONT like is heiniken (or however u spell it).

try this.

January 5, 2011 @ 02:18 AM
YDNA

Sonny, where do you get your westys from?? &)&)
January 5, 2011 @ 05:14 AM
w)entandrew

im heavy into hefs right now. and pale ales mmmm

Forum Administrator • @HOYITSDREW

January 5, 2011 @ 01:23 PM
YDNA

Founders Pale ale drew, its pretty damn good.
January 5, 2011 @ 01:43 PM

Inactive

Sonny, where do you get your westys from?? &)&)

Haha, unfortunately it's not mine per se. My friend has had it for awhile and we're planning to crack it open some time soon.

Over the weekend I had the pleasure of some AWESOME beer and good company. Had a few here that I just absolutely fuckin loved.

Mikkeller Black Hole - Russian Imperial Stout - 13.1% ABV

Fuckin awesome beer if you're also a fan of coffee or dark chocolate. Does a really good job at masking the alcohol. I really enjoyed this beer. Very roasty and tastes more like dark chocolate and coffee than it does beer. Something nice for the season.

Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V. Piraat Ale - Belgian IPA - 10.5% ABV

I enjoyed this one a lot. The description sounded really interesting to me. Something about being a Tripel, but having roots in IPA. A combo that works out really well. There's just enough hoppy flavor to make it distinct from a traditional tripel, but it's not overly hoppy. Really well balanced and I enjoyed it a lot. I plan to drink it again soon.

Avery Mephistopheles - Imperial Stout - 16.8% ABV

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME. If you like Imperial Stouts I highly suggest this. Very much a sipper, but they do such a good job balancing out the boozy taste. Definitely worth the price of admission. I would definitely drink this again.

January 5, 2011 @ 01:52 PM

Inactive

im heavy into hefs right now. and pale ales mmmm

If you like hefeweizen you should try to get a hold of...

Lightning Brewery (San Diego) Thunderweizen

Really good and refreshing hef with a taste of banana that works GREAT. I had this at Stone Brewery on a hot day and felt fuckin great.

If you like wheat beers and want something "localish" try...

21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon

Just don't drink this out of the can... Pour it out into a cup, garnish with watermelon slice if you want. EVERY girl I know who has tried this fuckin loves it. So you can use it for... uhmm... Social purposes.

January 6, 2011 @ 12:54 PM
Sub Prime

avery philosophers series. cool sonny you should try duganA
January 6, 2011 @ 01:43 PM
imtheman

For anybody that is in or going to be in San Diego Jan.22nd...
Sounds damn good, but I'm going to the USA v Chile friendly in Carson that day!

Some latest arrival and upcoming tasting info. Awesome Beer Drinkers & BDBS teamed up to bring you Awesome Beer Tasting at Beer Company in Downtown San Diego Saturday January 22nd. It will be on a smaller scale and will have some INSANE beers. To grantee entry you must either come to the shop and buy a ticket ($35 CASH ONLY) or pay online Go to www.awesomebeerdrinkers.com/category/beer-tastings/. $35 gets you 10 tasters of 3-4oz pours! It will be a ticket event and don
January 7, 2011 @ 04:40 PM
ImperiusRex

yo sonny, props for the website link. im reading "Beer 101" right noww
January 7, 2011 @ 04:55 PM
w)entandrew

where can i cop this fancy beer

Forum Administrator • @HOYITSDREW

January 7, 2011 @ 07:33 PM
curtis50cent

IDGAF i like this

January 7, 2011 @ 11:33 PM
Soul Kitchen

bomby pale ale.. coolcool

my house is right by the brewery too in Chico, CA
January 8, 2011 @ 12:14 AM
ThatHipsterHapa

Relatively, I haven't tried that many, but I'd say my top include Stella Artois & Hoegaarden.
January 12, 2011 @ 07:19 PM
Josh.

I tried Devil Dancer this past Saturday while I was at Founders

would definitely recommend to try

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

January 12, 2011 @ 11:25 PM
YDNA

I tried Devil Dancer this past Saturday while I was at Founders

would definitely recommend to try

jealous you went to founders, everything I have tried from them has been on point. coolcool
January 21, 2011 @ 02:00 AM

Inactive

Bumpin' this up since tomorrow is Friday. What's everyone planning on picking up?
January 21, 2011 @ 08:50 AM
Papirfly

Sup, been lurking for a while now, thought I would introduce myself and join in on the discussion.

I've only been able to legally drink for close to a year (legal drinking age is 18 in Norway), found out through experience that hard liquor is not really for me so I've been drinking "grocery store" beers for a while now. Recently I have started to spend a little more on alcohol, trying out "fancier" bottles, and not only do I find it much more enjoyable to actually drink, I also like the variety of different tastes and strengths to choose from. Used to think that all beer tasted the same haha. We have a alcohol monopoly system controlled by the state here, I wish I was able to buy bottles at local breweries or outlets but for some reason it is not allowed, so I have to buy my beer from the same few places every time. Variety in terms of the number of different beers to choose from is not really all that great unfortunately. Anyways, my favorite beer that I have tasted so far is called Innis & Gunn, just picked up a couple more bottles for tonight. I'm not able to post links or pictures yet so you will have to google it if you want pictures. smile
January 21, 2011 @ 02:01 PM
Theseventhletter

Wow that sucks the government is stifling economic growth and job production smh.
January 21, 2011 @ 02:43 PM
YDNA

possibly picking up some hopslam. coolcool
January 21, 2011 @ 04:36 PM
LiquidSwords

Got some Founders Dirty Bastard. Never had it before
January 21, 2011 @ 05:49 PM
imtheman

looking to go get some of that Piraat Ale you mentioned SONNY... ive seen it a few times and been meaning to try it.
January 21, 2011 @ 08:40 PM
tetley

steen brugge
January 21, 2011 @ 08:56 PM
scum

Lately been drinking IPAs a lot...
Racer 5 IPA & Big Daddy have been my choice as of late.

Rogue Dead Guy Ale and Delirium is also very good...Delirium is so fucking good, taste reminds me of sparkling cider...very crisp, nice aroma, and a sweet taste at the end of each sip.
Rogue is also great, has a very distinct taste that I can't describe at the moment...haven't had one in a while...
Go to Yardhouse...their selection of beer on tap is fucking amazing.

http://commissarystores.com

January 21, 2011 @ 09:08 PM

Inactive

^ Both solid!

Try to get your hands on Pliny the Elder and Marin Brewing IPA. Both super balanced and really good if you want something other than a super hoppy flavor
January 21, 2011 @ 09:20 PM
YDNA

Got some Founders Dirty Bastard. Never had it before

good shit. backwoods bastard is good aswell
January 22, 2011 @ 12:05 AM
Shoutbox

anyone try the new sam adams infinium? almost bought a bottle tonight because i was curious, but i decided to play it safe and get the usual. wanna see what you experts think about it.

January 22, 2011 @ 12:29 AM
YDNA

picked up hopslam, 26 bucks for a 6. sad ill post a review when i try it tommorow
January 27, 2011 @ 08:06 PM

Inactive

anyone try the new sam adams infinium? almost bought a bottle tonight because i was curious, but i decided to play it safe and get the usual. wanna see what you experts think about it.

We talked about it a little in the SB... I thought it was ok at best. Sad because they took so much time to make it. The collaboration sounded so cool, but the beer itself was a flop.

Recently had...

Please login first to reply.