May 6, 2012 @ 01:54 AM
It's Only Hype

very good ale. for a 9.2% beer, you don't taste the alcohol. Plum, grape flavors and notable yeast on the bottom. i'd like to try the Rochefort 10 and St Bernardus abt 12 next.
May 6, 2012 @ 02:00 AM
lovedmndlife

all belgian beers are fuckin great,expensive but worth it,

Belgian beers website

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

May 6, 2012 @ 02:13 AM
lovedmndlife

used to make my own brews based off a chimay blue recipe it was bloody close to the real thing
my nickname is Shim and my fav beer is chimay blue
so i made my own labels at work turned out pretty good

May 6, 2012 @ 02:16 AM
lovedmndlife

very good ale. for a 9.2% beer, you don't taste the alcohol. Plum, grape flavors and notable yeast on the bottom. i'd like to try the Rochefort 10 and St Bernardus abt 12 next.

the 10 is damn good

July 3, 2013 @ 02:25 AM
It's Only Hype

dat year old bump
July 3, 2013 @ 02:43 AM
malik58

suspended

Dat lagunitas imperial stout looks beautiful b, where to cop?

snapchat ;) malikk58 send me dirty pics :hah: :seanshrug:

September 12, 2013 @ 02:01 AM
99%Shit

Revive.

What's everyone drinking these days? What did you try over the summer? Favourite breweries and shit...?

I've turned into a straight sucker for hops, which leads me to drinking lots of IPAs, Belgian IPAs, Imperial PAs, Double and Triple IPAs and what not, but as of late I've been opening the palette to maltier beers and spiced/flavoured offerings.

Mostly limited to Ontario and Quebec beers in these parts, but I get some Eastern US and BC beers from time to time. I try and make an effort to grab at least one international offering every time I go to the liquor store.

Goto beers:
Amsterdam Boneshaker IPA
Muskoka Mad Tom IPA
Great Lakes Brewery Audrey Hopburn Belgian IPA
Dieu du Ciel Derneire Volonte Belgian IPA
Spearhead Hawaiian Style Pale Ale
Beau's Lugtread Lagered Ale
Innis & Gunn Canadian Cherrywood Aged Ale
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Nickel Brook Headstock IPA
Amsterdam Natural Blonde
Muskoka Summer Weiss
Granville Island Pale Ale
Flying Monkeys Smashbomb Atomic IPA

Recently enjoyed:
Ommegang Hennepin
Muskoka Harvest Ale 
Block 3 Sugar Bush
Church Key Holy Smoke
Amsterdam Spring Bock
Amsterdam Oranje Weisse
Great Lakes Breweries Miami Weiss
Houblon Choufee
Unibroue Maudite
La Trou du Diable Shawnigan Handshake
Beau's Night Marzen

There's a lot more, but the list already seems 10 beers too long.

If anyone is into trades, I'm interested in any Dogfish Head IPAs or Stone IPAs, or even the Dieu du Ciel collaborations . Ontario has a number of amazing crafts available, although I'm not sure of their availability in the US. If anything, you'd probably want to get some of our seasonals. 

narsha.narsha.narsha

September 12, 2013 @ 02:06 AM
REVS

Good bump. I'd like to contribute to this thread a bit more, but I really haven't been trying new things. Bud Light has basically been it for months now. 

However, I really do enjoy the seasonal's from Late September - Late November. 

Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale
Dogfish Head Pumpkin' Ale

I even just enjoy Samuel Adams Octoberfest. This is my favorite time of the year as far as seasonal beers go. 

Edit: I'd be down to make some trades with you 99% later on in the month. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

September 12, 2013 @ 03:05 AM
lovedmndlife

you get aussie beers over there

September 12, 2013 @ 03:25 AM
99%Shit

I picked up a Renaissance Imperial Pale Ale today, it's from NZ. They have a whole line of Renaissance PAs, English, American, and India at the LCBO I went to today. As for Aussie, I've never checked. Anything to keep my eyes open for?

And REVS, I'm down for a trade. Probably could do a Oktoberfest/Pumpkin/Harvest trade given the season. I'll get you a list of the better ones available. Maybe we can set up a winter trade too, we get some solid winter brews out of Ontario.

If anyone knows the laws about shipping beer, it'd help. I'm down to mislabel, but liquid is heavy, so it creates suspicion at the border I'd imagine. From what I've read, USPS/Canada Post are easier than UPS/FedEx

narsha.narsha.narsha

September 12, 2013 @ 03:36 AM
lovedmndlife

September 12, 2013 @ 03:38 AM
lovedmndlife

September 12, 2013 @ 03:43 AM
beck0n

Lately I've been drinking a lot of Lagunitas, my favorite is the New Dogtown Pale Ale.

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/219212

September 12, 2013 @ 04:52 AM
Bet

Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, Green Flash West Coast IPA, and a lot of stuff from Southern California the Ballast has been my favorite for some time now.
September 12, 2013 @ 05:15 AM
It's Only Hype

Been meaning to try Sculpin and Marin IPA
September 12, 2013 @ 05:30 AM
mackness

Dark Horse and Brooklyn Brewery Ale 

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

September 13, 2013 @ 01:53 AM
REVS

I picked up a Renaissance Imperial Pale Ale today, it's from NZ. They have a whole line of Renaissance PAs, English, American, and India at the LCBO I went to today. As for Aussie, I've never checked. Anything to keep my eyes open for?

And REVS, I'm down for a trade. Probably could do a Oktoberfest/Pumpkin/Harvest trade given the season. I'll get you a list of the better ones available. Maybe we can set up a winter trade too, we get some solid winter brews out of Ontario.

If anyone knows the laws about shipping beer, it'd help. I'm down to mislabel, but liquid is heavy, so it creates suspicion at the border I'd imagine. From what I've read, USPS/Canada Post are easier than UPS/FedEx
I'd mislabel it too. I've been reading about it, seems like it shouldn't be too hard, it may be a hassle if they flag it and want to contact shippers for more information on the package, but I'm not sweatin' it. And I read that USPS/Canada is the easiest too. Hit me up with a list. I'm about to try and find some new stuff. I've never traded like this, so I'm interested to try some new brews. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

September 15, 2013 @ 10:33 PM
99%Shit

I'm thinking that trading two cellar-able beers(600-750mL) and one of your favourite regular bottles.

From this area/season, I'd probably be thinking:

Muskoka Harvest Ale (~7%, 750mL, corked) - A bit salty, potato chip-like flavour, Great for cool fall nights.
Flying Monkeys x City and Colour Imperial Maple Wheat(~11.5%, 750mL, capped and boxed) - Sweet, lots of maple flavour. Surprisingly, not overly boozey given the high abv. Imagine Frosted Flakes in beer form.
Dieu du Ciel Derniere Volonte Belgian IPA (~7%, 341mL, capped) Favourite everyday beer of mine. Montreal's take on a Belgian IPA. Not 'overly' hoppy like traditional IPAs, but not devoid of bitterness either.

Basically works out to a $25 purchase. Iunno with postage though, without setting up a bogus eBay sale, I don't know how to make Canada > USA cheap, 'cause I know ~2 litres of weight will run ~$20. I'm going to be buying a few of each of those seasonals anyway, so maybe we can finalise for beginning of October. 

narsha.narsha.narsha

Please login first to reply.