Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 16, 2010 @ 04:03 PM

Inactive

Discuss beers you've had, what you loved, what you hated, and recommend beers to those who are still drinking "grocery store" beers.

Try to add pictures and links when you can so those who are looking for the beer have an easier time.
December 16, 2010 @ 04:04 PM
YDNA

HB brew club brappp>sad
December 16, 2010 @ 04:04 PM
BruhMan

Smh at sonny being elite!! "grocery store" beers...smh
December 16, 2010 @ 04:08 PM
YDNA

luls. If anyone has a wegmans grocery store near them they have a pretty sick selection. Chimay, Rogue, Unibroue, etc. dunno if that counts as grocery store beers. Ill post up some bottles of stuff we had last weekend, try to have weekly "tastings" with my cousin. An insane beer store just opened near me, so ill have shit to post regularly.
December 16, 2010 @ 04:09 PM
whenarichniggawantU

beer hype?
December 16, 2010 @ 04:15 PM
Dethkiss

Sonny, I appreciate your attempt to introduce some new discussion topics to the board but I think the average age on here is like 15 and 15 year olds drink whatever the homeless guy picks up for them.
December 16, 2010 @ 04:15 PM

Inactive

Most recently...

Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary - Ken & Jack's black barleywine

Extremely limited at this point and if you find it pick it up. I love barleywines so the idea of a black barleywine was pretty cool. Was able to pop open a bottle a little while ago and I absolutely loved it. This is a beer you can cellar (age) for awhile and it'll taste that much better.

[b]Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary - Brewers Reserve Grand Cru

Last of the series of the Anniversary series. Once this is gone its gone. It's a mix of Sierra's 3 staple beers. The Bigfoot, Pale Ale, and Celebration. Awesome beers alone, but this blend is fuckin' excellent. I would definitely pick up a few bottles while you still can. Nice hoppiness without being in your face. I hear you can age this too, but I don't know for how long since it'll start losing a lot of that hoppy bitterness as time goes by.

Stone Brewery Vertical Epic 10/10/10

Stone does this beer every year and every year it's different. This time around they made a Tripel and mixed in a bunch of shit which includes white grapes that are normally used for sauvignon blanc wine. This is one belgian that makes really good use of the fruit flavor. It's not one of those beers where you have trouble identifying the flavors. You can definitely taste the grapes and it works well. Limited and once its gone its gone. This would definitely age well if you wanted to cellar one or two, but you really wanna enjoy a bottle now too.

December 16, 2010 @ 04:16 PM

Inactive

lmao... I didnt know what else to call heineken, corona, coors light, bud light, keystone, pbr, bud, etc. without calling it piss water.
December 16, 2010 @ 04:17 PM

Inactive

lmao... I didnt know what else to call heineken, corona, coors light, bud light, keystone, pbr, bud, etc. without calling it piss water.

Sonny, I appreciate your attempt to introduce some new discussion topics to the board but I think the average age on here is like 15 and 15 year olds drink whatever the homeless guy picks up for them.

All good. This is for the small handful of guys/gals over 21. So it'll be a slow chat, but it's better than nothing.
December 16, 2010 @ 04:17 PM
YDNA

sonny where'd you pick that unibroue goblet at?
December 16, 2010 @ 04:23 PM
Dethkiss

So it'll be a slow chat, but it's better than nothing.

Fair enough.
December 16, 2010 @ 04:27 PM
mr.orange

I'm not on elite level beers and stuff, more of a cider man. I'm only just 18 though (the legal drinking age here) so I've got plenty of time to up my alcohol game cool
December 16, 2010 @ 04:27 PM

Inactive

sonny where'd you pick that unibroue goblet at?

Not my pics, but most of the time the snifters and tulip glasses are widely available.
December 16, 2010 @ 04:37 PM
OmegaSvpreme

I'm only 17, so yeungling is the only remotely sophisticated beer I've enjoyed.
December 16, 2010 @ 04:40 PM
ClydeFrazier

stone everything son.

Melo Gang All Day

December 16, 2010 @ 04:51 PM
OmegaSvpreme

211's cause they cheap and fuck me up. the fuck i look like buying some seasonal beer tryna be all fancy. if it gets them hoes buzzin then im bout dat.

lmao@ seasonal beer.
December 16, 2010 @ 05:02 PM
Theseventhletter

211's cause they cheap and fuck me up. the fuck i look like buying some seasonal beer tryna be all fancy. if it gets them hoes buzzin then im bout dat.

I knew you'd post something talking about king cobra or 211's lmao I KNEW it lol

I like Brooklyn Brewery's '55 Penant Ale, Magic Hat I.P.A. Blind Faith and Blue Point's Blueberry ale

Other REALLY good beer's I've had but cannot nor will I attempt to spell I've had at Radegast Biergarten in Williamsburg Brooklyn. Great beer selection and they have a really good sausage selection as well in the back.
December 16, 2010 @ 05:09 PM

Inactive

I knew you'd post something talking about king cobra or 211's lmao I KNEW it lol

I like Brooklyn Brewery's '55 Penant Ale, Magic Hat I.P.A. Blind Faith and Blue Point's Blueberry ale

Other REALLY good beer's I've had but cannot nor will I attempt to spell I've had at Radegast Biergarten in Williamsburg Brooklyn. Great beer selection and they have a really good sausage selection as well in the back.

You posted some good stuff. I like Magic Hat.

If you want a really good IPA try Russian River Pliny the Elder. One of my all time favorite IPAs and luckily a bar near me has it on tap now.
December 16, 2010 @ 05:12 PM
**tonestar**

wut im sippin on right now

if you can find it

and too bad they discontinued this shyt

December 16, 2010 @ 05:18 PM

Inactive

The Delirium Tremens is pretty great. Never had the seasonal before.

If you like that Red Bach you might like Ommegang Three Philosophers. Belgian Quadrupel with a some really noticeable dark cherry notes. I personally didn't like it much, but a lot of people love it.

December 16, 2010 @ 05:21 PM
allloginstaken

I recently picked up this guy. Pretty damn tasty.

Anything out of dogfish is usually flavorful and worth trying at least one.
December 16, 2010 @ 05:23 PM
Theseventhletter

Another beer I like which I see a lot of negative reviews on is Spanish Twin Peaks Honey Raspberry Ale despite the name its not sweet but well balanced, with almost a tea like note of raspberry nothing over powering like that sam adams cherry shit that tastes like corona and cough syrup
December 16, 2010 @ 05:30 PM
Suraj

I've had many beers: Coors Light, Bud Light, Michelob, Cobra, Budweiser, Newcastle, Miller, Corona, Heineken, and Tecate.

From those I've enjoyed: Michelob, Budweiser, Newcastle, Miller, Corona, and Heineken.
All the rest I've hated.
I've really been wanting to try different types of ale like Samuel Adams, etc.
December 16, 2010 @ 05:32 PM
imtheman

Bout FUCKIN time we had a thread like this!!!!

Some of my favorites... IPA's all day. Living in San Diego, I have access to awesome beer all the time. Sonny you seen the bars I put links to in SB remember... Men's Journal voted San Diego #1 beer city in the nation for a reason!

December 16, 2010 @ 05:42 PM

Inactive

Another beer I like which I see a lot of negative reviews on is Spanish Twin Peaks Honey Raspberry Ale despite the name its not sweet but well balanced, with almost a tea like note of raspberry nothing over powering like that sam adams cherry shit that tastes like corona and cough syrup

Yea I really cant stand those beers. However, one of the best "fruit beers" you can find are lambics like...

Lindeman's Framboise or Peche. I have NEVER met anyone that does not like these. They're seriously that good, high in ABV %, and is a great gateway beer for those who think they hate all beers. Women love this... jussayin.

December 16, 2010 @ 05:44 PM
imtheman

Some of my favorites... IPA's all day. Living in San Diego, I have access to awesome beer all the time. Sonny you seen the bars I put links to in SB remember... Men's Journal voted San Diego #1 beer city in the nation for a reason!

December 16, 2010 @ 05:47 PM

Inactive

Ohh man... How was this? I never tried it... Vanilla is such a strong flavor I'm kinda hesitant to seek it out. I guess the roasty porter might blend well with that vanilla?
December 16, 2010 @ 06:07 PM
Lil Boosie's Fade

I fucks wit dis...
December 16, 2010 @ 06:09 PM
Lil Boosie's Fade

December 16, 2010 @ 06:14 PM
swagasfuck

i had lindeman's apple beer. it was like drinking sparking cider except with beer. so good.

Please login first to reply.