cool

December 12, 2010 @ 07:40 PM
lol

lol wtf they have straight edge gangs?

i can imagine them banging on bums drinking alcohol in alleys or something

you will never be as hypebeast as my blood cousin pankeo

December 12, 2010 @ 08:52 PM
soap

I claimed straight edge when I turned 21, and have been edge for four years now. Straight edge came from the punk/hardcore community in the 80's, by a band called Minor Threat. I noticed the punk/hardcore thread isn't as hot or active as a Drake/Kanye thread, so I could see why people are questioning it.

I started going to shows around 13, (that's how I was exposed to SXE, knew what it was, what's about, etc) at the same time, I got into drugs, drinking, doing rails, etc. After high school, I cleaned up. Usually, it's the opposite, people go to college, they party, they experiment and so on. The same people that gave me shit for getting high and wasted, were now doing the same thing.

Just as people think or feel one way, there's also a crowd that feel the opposite. As much as Laker fans there are, there's a good amount that hate them. As much as people love getting high and drunk, there's people that like being sober. I don't see how, being clean, not smoking, not drinking, makes you a, "faggot."

Of course, I could just not have the label above me, but I chose to, it's a lifestyle. It's like with any government or religion. People may have conservative views, or principles, but not necessarily label themselves as a Republican. People may go to church every Sunday, pray, but not claim a specific God or Gods.

I've posted my chest piece tattoo in the tattoo thread, "PROMISES KEPT" it's the name of Champion's record. I've been told and asked how am I straight edge with tattoos. We all know, you can't get high or wasted off getting inked.

Caffeine. Yes caffeine is a drug, but it's not a substance compared to tobacco, alcohol, weed. Yes, I can drink coffee. Yes I could drink something if I get that, "2:30 feeling" at work.

Sex. I've been with the same girl for four years, and the sex is great. Sex, being the third X in straight edge (XXX) is kind of black and white to me. Sleeping around with different people, isn't edge at all. These days, shit... you never know who has what as far as diseases go.

As much as people talk shit about others who are straight edge, there's a handful of edge kids that hate people that drink/smoke, etc. Try going to Utah and lighting a cigarette on the street, a handful of militant straight edge people live there. They'll fuck you up hard. There was even an issue with straight edge being considered a gang a few years ago. Still is in a few states.

I agree, there are people who see doing drugs and drinking as a trend, but it's the same with straight edge. There's stupid kids claiming, they'll dig it, rep their X's, listen to hardcore bands, go apeshit at shows, then they break. Most of my friends who claimed before I do, no longer are. It's cool, I'm fine with it. Just as they have a choice to be edge, they have the choice not to. This is about you, and your body and mind, not theirs.

I'm a cook now and have been in the restaurant business for four years. Drugs and alcohol are everywhere. How do you think some chefs work that long shift? There's some rails in the bathroom. I myself, have bar-tended. Hey, it's good money, and it's not coming down my throat.

I've done my share in the past, and I just no longer have the need or desire for such things. Being 25, I need to take care of my body. I've known a few people that lost their lives due to drunk drivers.

I have respect though. Come roll through Houston, and I'll get you your cush,(everything is bigger in Texas) come chill at my place. I don't have a problem with people doing their own thing. It's respect really. Being at my age, and straight edge, people scratch their heads. "What? You're 25 and don't drink?" I'll go to parties, and it's awesome when people say, "Hey, I know you don't drink, so here's some juice." Fine with me.

I apologize if I came a bit too, "preachy" I didn't intend to, I just I'd give some info and stories.

Roll your J's and blaze. Chug down that liquor. But for me? I'll pass, and it's all good. Go to a hardcore show. See what's up.

By the way, girls that are vegan or vegetarian have the best tasting pussy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbwaIout0R4

quality post here read up faggots

i'm not straight edge but i have a lot of respect for the people that are

its all about having a positive mindset and not letting alcohol drugs or promiscuous sex interfere with being a moral person

Vegan huh?

Stick this in your pipe and smoke it

OP you're a huge faggot

you don't think vegans know its impossible to be completely animal free? tires have products made from animals

doesn't mean they are not going to buy tires for their cars

its the mindset and doing as much as they can as a person to avoid using animal products

grow up fucking herb
December 12, 2010 @ 08:54 PM
DuncanPinderhughes?

growing up now
December 12, 2010 @ 09:04 PM
Jaylib

mad props to the non-elitists who live a truly straight edge lifestyle, but i don't think i could ever do it. i hope to one day when i'm older, but the mentality i've lived on for the past few years is "you only live once, do it". of course that ideology has fucked me over a few times, but i'm glad i made the bad decisions haha. someone who can stick to something like being straight edge is strong, to be real
December 12, 2010 @ 09:05 PM
DuncanPinderhughes?

thanks for convincing me not to go through with this guys.
December 12, 2010 @ 09:29 PM
J Son

Everything is fine in moderation.

I quit smoking a year ago and I occasionally drink in moderation. I’ve never quite done what you’d consider “hard core drugs”. I am also healthier then most people. Smoking, Drinking and Doing drugs becomes bad depending on what you do and how much you do it. I never considered myself straight edge, I enjoy a beer with my dinner. If that bothers you, you have problems, Do I give a shit if people are straight edge? No, it’s their choice and honestly more power to them for having the will power to stay completely away from it. But some of the kids claiming straight edge seem to have this feeling that they’re better then everyone else because they are. Everyone has a right to be what they want. Do I think I’m a bad person for drinking and doing what I did in the past? No not really.

And to the guy thinking about going straight edge do it, you’re not missing much with smoking and drinking.
December 12, 2010 @ 09:52 PM
DBCEE

I claimed straight edge when I turned 21, and have been edge for four years now. Straight edge came from the punk/hardcore community in the 80's, by a band called Minor Threat. I noticed the punk/hardcore thread isn't as hot or active as a Drake/Kanye thread, so I could see why people are questioning it.

I started going to shows around 13, (that's how I was exposed to SXE, knew what it was, what's about, etc) at the same time, I got into drugs, drinking, doing rails, etc. After high school, I cleaned up. Usually, it's the opposite, people go to college, they party, they experiment and so on. The same people that gave me shit for getting high and wasted, were now doing the same thing.

Just as people think or feel one way, there's also a crowd that feel the opposite. As much as Laker fans there are, there's a good amount that hate them. As much as people love getting high and drunk, there's people that like being sober. I don't see how, being clean, not smoking, not drinking, makes you a, "faggot."

Of course, I could just not have the label above me, but I chose to, it's a lifestyle. It's like with any government or religion. People may have conservative views, or principles, but not necessarily label themselves as a Republican. People may go to church every Sunday, pray, but not claim a specific God or Gods.

I've posted my chest piece tattoo in the tattoo thread, "PROMISES KEPT" it's the name of Champion's record. I've been told and asked how am I straight edge with tattoos. We all know, you can't get high or wasted off getting inked.

Caffeine. Yes caffeine is a drug, but it's not a substance compared to tobacco, alcohol, weed. Yes, I can drink coffee. Yes I could drink something if I get that, "2:30 feeling" at work.

Sex. I've been with the same girl for four years, and the sex is great. Sex, being the third X in straight edge (XXX) is kind of black and white to me. Sleeping around with different people, isn't edge at all. These days, shit... you never know who has what as far as diseases go.

As much as people talk shit about others who are straight edge, there's a handful of edge kids that hate people that drink/smoke, etc. Try going to Utah and lighting a cigarette on the street, a handful of militant straight edge people live there. They'll fuck you up hard. There was even an issue with straight edge being considered a gang a few years ago. Still is in a few states.

I agree, there are people who see doing drugs and drinking as a trend, but it's the same with straight edge. There's stupid kids claiming, they'll dig it, rep their X's, listen to hardcore bands, go apeshit at shows, then they break. Most of my friends who claimed before I do, no longer are. It's cool, I'm fine with it. Just as they have a choice to be edge, they have the choice not to. This is about you, and your body and mind, not theirs.

I'm a cook now and have been in the restaurant business for four years. Drugs and alcohol are everywhere. How do you think some chefs work that long shift? There's some rails in the bathroom. I myself, have bar-tended. Hey, it's good money, and it's not coming down my throat.

I've done my share in the past, and I just no longer have the need or desire for such things. Being 25, I need to take care of my body. I've known a few people that lost their lives due to drunk drivers.

I have respect though. Come roll through Houston, and I'll get you your cush,(everything is bigger in Texas) come chill at my place. I don't have a problem with people doing their own thing. It's respect really. Being at my age, and straight edge, people scratch their heads. "What? You're 25 and don't drink?" I'll go to parties, and it's awesome when people say, "Hey, I know you don't drink, so here's some juice." Fine with me.

I apologize if I came a bit too, "preachy" I didn't intend to, I just I'd give some info and stories.

Roll your J's and blaze. Chug down that liquor. But for me? I'll pass, and it's all good. Go to a hardcore show. See what's up.

By the way, girls that are vegan or vegetarian have the best tasting pussy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbwaIout0R4

video is coolcool

My buddy Shane is edge and has been for a while, and he's one of the raddest dudes I know. Theres nothing wrong with being edge, to each his own. I respect the hell out of them too.
December 12, 2010 @ 10:34 PM
no alibi

edge.
December 12, 2010 @ 11:06 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Fuck the fad shit I've just never seen a point in smoking/drinking really. NO good from it and I hate the way it smells/makes niqqas act. Fuck it.
December 12, 2010 @ 11:53 PM
bird

And ssam2thwild, not everyone believes in using drugs and having lots of sex. Learn to see things from other peoples perspective.

i never said i encourage that shit, read my posts. i've never known someone straight edge, so learn to see it from my perspective, idiot.

xJERSEYx cleared a lot of it up, thanks dude.

what i still don't understand is how people can be straight edge before even trying said stuff? how can you judge it if you have no idea what its like? i mean yea, drunk and stoned people look and sound stupid most of the time, but you don't know how they're feeling/what they're thinking.
December 12, 2010 @ 11:57 PM
Beach2theBay

I know some people who have become edge because they're seen drugs/alcohol destory people they care about so I don't think you have to try things before you reject them. I've never tried crack but I think I've made a good decision on not wanting to do it. It takes a lot more than just not doing drugs to seem cool to stay edge. There has to be a strong reason behind that decision if you plan to maintain it.
December 13, 2010 @ 12:08 AM
J THRILLLAH

A few testimonials.

www.onelifeonechance.com/?cat=9

December 13, 2010 @ 12:29 AM
ndrew

sXe.

www.headhunterla.com

December 13, 2010 @ 12:30 AM
J Son

straight edge= faggots who feel like they need to belong. If i dont want to drink smoke or fuck i dont need to put a title myself and fucking announce it to everyone. the whole straight edge is a joke.

that being said im going to drink and fuck my girl tonight bitch ♥♥♥♥♥.

December 13, 2010 @ 12:43 AM
hndlz

Imma try this

sike this for fags

wait wut? straight edge(no sex) = for fags (gay sex)

EDIT: thread full ov lulz

hndlz.tumblr.com

December 13, 2010 @ 12:51 AM
bird

I know some people who have become edge because they're seen drugs/alcohol destory people they care about so I don't think you have to try things before you reject them. I've never tried crack but I think I've made a good decision on not wanting to do it. It takes a lot more than just not doing drugs to seem cool to stay edge. There has to be a strong reason behind that decision if you plan to maintain it.

but isnt that just shunning the people you care about rather than helping them? then doesn't it become a way of dealing with sadness rather than a lifestyle choice?

EDIT: RE link, testimonials from travis barker, paramore chick, bobby hundreds; didn't read
December 13, 2010 @ 12:51 AM
Brosef

but seriously, I don't get why people are so fucking against people being straight edge? Militant straight edge is a problem, but so are people who are fucked up so...
December 13, 2010 @ 01:03 AM
Beach2theBay

but isnt that just shunning the people you care about rather than helping them? then doesn't it become a way of dealing with sadness rather than a lifestyle choice?

EDIT: RE link, testimonials from travis barker, paramore chick, bobby hundreds; didn't read

It's not about shunning. It's about making a choice for yourself. I've seen my friends snort plenty lines of coke but I'd never touch that shit. I'm just learning from their mistakes and choosing not to.
December 13, 2010 @ 01:22 AM
Eaton

i'm sorry but they come of so pretentious sometimes. "anti-drug life" or sarcastic remarks about drinking, smoking or bragging about how you dont need to do any of those things to have fun. congratulations you dont need to label yourself as anything, just abstain from it and stop being so annoying about the movement your apart of.

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

December 13, 2010 @ 01:40 AM
Juicy J

another useless straight edge thread...

...on another note >sad
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD3NzqKzfK4

WE TRIPPY MANE

December 13, 2010 @ 01:43 AM
julian.

hah, this thread.

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

December 13, 2010 @ 02:18 AM
tmwtg

^ yo, julian, tell us your experience with edge
December 13, 2010 @ 03:34 AM
tree fiddy

xstaytruex
December 13, 2010 @ 03:37 AM
julian.

^ yo, julian, tell us your experience with edge

it rulz

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

December 13, 2010 @ 06:50 AM
zerodragunov

I know quite a few people that are straight edge but a lot of them just use the term to try and make themselves look cool within the hardcore scene which is pretty lame. If i was to ever go down that path i would just say i didnt drink etc. Why label yourself. You're doing it for you.
December 13, 2010 @ 06:24 PM
funaki619

still a virgin, quit smoking bud, cutting down on alcohol and tobacco. plan on quiting tobacco for good and stick with a few drinks here and there. lets go smile
December 13, 2010 @ 06:26 PM
DuncanPinderhughes?

mayne yall can stfu now..... stop bumping this dumb ass thread mayne
December 13, 2010 @ 06:29 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

lol trolls
December 13, 2010 @ 06:31 PM
DuncanPinderhughes?

fyi i really wasn't trollin'...

you mayn's had some good points and ima say fuck taht shit hit my niqqa up and tell him to let me get in on an ounce of reggie

Please login first to reply.