Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
December 12, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Been straightedge cool
December 12, 2010 @ 02:11 PM

Inactive

straight edge lol.. i remember being in 9th grade claiming straightedge, drawing little x's on my hand and listening to shitty ass punk music lol..

i cant really hate since i claimed that shit... but for reals.. go smoke some weed.. still dont care too much for alcohol.. but damn.. yall missing out on drugs lol

i remember the first time i got high.. lol.. couldnt believe i held out that long to smoke.. smh
December 12, 2010 @ 02:14 PM
Bubbs619

I laff at those that claim straight edge and then end up smoking and drinking in a couple months
December 12, 2010 @ 02:15 PM

Inactive

straight edge lol.. i remember being in 9th grade claiming straightedge, drawing little x's on my hand and listening to shitty ass punk music lol..

i cant really hate since i claimed that shit... but for reals.. go smoke some weed.. still dont care too much for alcohol.. but damn.. yall missing out on drugs lol

That converted emo.

Straight edge is not necessary, just don't overdo anything.
December 12, 2010 @ 02:19 PM
sado

December 12, 2010 @ 02:22 PM
DuncanPinderhughes?

this.
All the people i know drink, smoke, fuck around. i do all of the above on a weekly basis AND im taking upper division classes and got a 3.7 this quarter (no community college). I've got a girl tho so the sex is free.
y'all are just making up excuses on why you're still VIRGINS

see mayne i knew some shit like this was gonna pop up, and i thought long and hard about this becase i knew alot of people were gonna say this but nah brah brah thats far from why. thats the only thing keeping me to commit to it, gettin bitches aint hard though
December 12, 2010 @ 02:28 PM
Beach2theBay

Yeah don't claim edge just to try to be cool or make en excuse for being lame. I claimed edge for a long time because I need an identity but I'm over it now. I still don't care for alcohol too much and I rarely smoke weed. There's grey area between enjoying a substance on occasion and getting fucked up, sleeping in the gutter, and stealing from your moms purse to buy drugs. Do what you want but for the right reasons.
December 12, 2010 @ 02:32 PM

Inactive

wow. Some of u really don't understand what straight edge is. People who are straight edge reject excesses and things that they see as self destructive (drugs/alcohol/promiscuous sex) and an impedement to the 'fulfillment' of the self.

Just cuz u can't get pussy, weed, or booze doesn't mean you're straight edge. It's a lot more than that.

And sam2thewild, not everyone believes in using drugs and having lots of sex. Learn to see things from other peoples perspective.
December 12, 2010 @ 02:42 PM
gnar

Straight Edge is another way to say that you're under 21.
December 12, 2010 @ 02:45 PM
Beach2theBay

Nah. I was edge until 23 and I know people who turned edge after 21. They had some problem in their life and edge helped them get passed it. It just depends on the situation.
December 12, 2010 @ 04:08 PM
glennboy

im glennboy and i smoke weed

Live Life // Get Mo Money

December 12, 2010 @ 04:24 PM
stoompa

str8 pu c
December 12, 2010 @ 04:57 PM
kbos

Lifes to short to be straight edge imo, I burned with my grandpa after thanksgiving, homie is 82 cool

If you wanna live that straight edge lifestyle go for it, it's all love as long as you aren't one of those assholes constantly rocking straight edge gear and rubbing in it the faces of others just asking to be knocked off your fucking high horse, which is what most people I know who have claimed straight edge do. I've also noted that I've never seen anyone claim straight edge and stick with it for more then a 1 or 2 tops. I guess my point here is, just do you and don't bother labeling it.
December 12, 2010 @ 05:11 PM
chief

Yeah don't claim edge just to try to be cool or make en excuse for being lame. I claimed edge for a long time because I need an identity but I'm over it now. I still don't care for alcohol too much and I rarely smoke weed. There's grey area between enjoying a substance on occasion and getting fucked up, sleeping in the gutter, and stealing from your moms purse to buy drugs. Do what you want but for the right reasons.

lol theres a huge difference between getting drunk with friends on weekends/smoking weed and doing pills

•••

December 12, 2010 @ 05:12 PM
Beach2theBay

lol theres a huge difference between getting drunk with friends on weekends/smoking weed and doing pills

yeah. that's kind of exactly what I said........
December 12, 2010 @ 05:13 PM
chief

oh. i guess i didnt read it properly. im on weed right now

•••

December 12, 2010 @ 05:22 PM
bapa

what is this?
December 12, 2010 @ 05:42 PM
Trollinator

Mayne I'm thinkin' 'bout goin' straight edge brah brah. Never fucked a bitch, never did any type of drug, or never took a sip of dat licker.

I like telling females I'ma virgin too, srsly, idk why man, they get all &) and makes me feel good... Anyone else here straight edge?

this was me at first but then, I was like man what If i die next week or next year and I wont ever feel what liquor tastes like or weed or pussy.

I guess in reality, there's a first time for everything. Not it's up to you to learn how to do it right or abuse it niqqa.

But if you feel right theres nothing wrong with that.

smoke2datcool

I want to see the world burn

December 12, 2010 @ 05:43 PM
no alibi

being straight edge is as gay as being a vegan.
December 12, 2010 @ 05:48 PM
MikeOfDoom

OP just wants acceptance from every one.
Do you son.

MAKE BEATS MAKE LOVE PLOT RICHES

December 12, 2010 @ 05:49 PM
Brosef

being straight edge is as gay as being a vegan.

you're a faggot, kill yourself.
December 12, 2010 @ 05:51 PM
Eaton

i just dont get why it needs a title?

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

December 12, 2010 @ 05:53 PM
lol

cuz they wanna be recognized lol
sad

you will never be as hypebeast as my blood cousin pankeo

December 12, 2010 @ 06:01 PM
DuncanPinderhughes?

i just dont get why it needs a title?

yeah guise in this thread really made me realize that..
December 12, 2010 @ 06:36 PM
Beach2theBay

well straight edge is more than just not drink, smoking, and having sex. Few people realize that. Like someone else said, most 8 year old would be considered straight edge if those were the only criteria.
December 12, 2010 @ 06:37 PM
ANTHONEEE

wait so you can't have sex if you're straight edge? when is sex okay for "straightedge" people?

http://anthonywho.com

December 12, 2010 @ 07:07 PM
Beach2theBay

wait so you can't have sex if you're straight edge? when is sex okay for "straightedge" people?

there's a lot of variation on that rule but most agree it's sex in a relationship(ie not hooking up/causal sex).
December 12, 2010 @ 07:28 PM
J THRILLLAH

I claimed straight edge when I turned 21, and have been edge for four years now. Straight edge came from the punk/hardcore community in the 80's, by a band called Minor Threat. I noticed the punk/hardcore thread isn't as hot or active as a Drake/Kanye thread, so I could see why people are questioning it.

I started going to shows around 13, (that's how I was exposed to SXE, knew what it was, what's about, etc) at the same time, I got into drugs, drinking, doing rails, etc. After high school, I cleaned up. Usually, it's the opposite, people go to college, they party, they experiment and so on. The same people that gave me shit for getting high and wasted, were now doing the same thing.

Just as people think or feel one way, there's also a crowd that feel the opposite. As much as Laker fans there are, there's a good amount that hate them. As much as people love getting high and drunk, there's people that like being sober. I don't see how, being clean, not smoking, not drinking, makes you a, "faggot."

Of course, I could just not have the label above me, but I chose to, it's a lifestyle. It's like with any government or religion. People may have conservative views, or principles, but not necessarily label themselves as a Republican. People may go to church every Sunday, pray, but not claim a specific God or Gods.

I've posted my chest piece tattoo in the tattoo thread, "PROMISES KEPT" it's the name of Champion's record. I've been told and asked how am I straight edge with tattoos. We all know, you can't get high or wasted off getting inked.

Caffeine. Yes caffeine is a drug, but it's not a substance compared to tobacco, alcohol, weed. Yes, I can drink coffee. Yes I could drink something if I get that, "2:30 feeling" at work.

Sex. I've been with the same girl for four years, and the sex is great. Sex, being the third X in straight edge (XXX) is kind of black and white to me. Sleeping around with different people, isn't edge at all. These days, shit... you never know who has what as far as diseases go.

As much as people talk shit about others who are straight edge, there's a handful of edge kids that hate people that drink/smoke, etc. Try going to Utah and lighting a cigarette on the street, a handful of militant straight edge people live there. They'll fuck you up hard. There was even an issue with straight edge being considered a gang a few years ago. Still is in a few states.

I agree, there are people who see doing drugs and drinking as a trend, but it's the same with straight edge. There's stupid kids claiming, they'll dig it, rep their X's, listen to hardcore bands, go apeshit at shows, then they break. Most of my friends who claimed before I do, no longer are. It's cool, I'm fine with it. Just as they have a choice to be edge, they have the choice not to. This is about you, and your body and mind, not theirs.

I'm a cook now and have been in the restaurant business for four years. Drugs and alcohol are everywhere. How do you think some chefs work that long shift? There's some rails in the bathroom. I myself, have bar-tended. Hey, it's good money, and it's not coming down my throat.

I've done my share in the past, and I just no longer have the need or desire for such things. Being 25, I need to take care of my body. I've known a few people that lost their lives due to drunk drivers.

I have respect though. Come roll through Houston, and I'll get you your cush,(everything is bigger in Texas) come chill at my place. I don't have a problem with people doing their own thing. It's respect really. Being at my age, and straight edge, people scratch their heads. "What? You're 25 and don't drink?" I'll go to parties, and it's awesome when people say, "Hey, I know you don't drink, so here's some juice." Fine with me.

I apologize if I came a bit too, "preachy" I didn't intend to, I just I'd give some info and stories.

Roll your J's and blaze. Chug down that liquor. But for me? I'll pass, and it's all good. Go to a hardcore show. See what's up.

By the way, girls that are vegan or vegetarian have the best tasting pussy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbwaIout0R4

December 12, 2010 @ 07:29 PM
stoompa

Eight stredge.
December 12, 2010 @ 07:30 PM
DuncanPinderhughes?

Vegan huh?

Stick this in your pipe and smoke it

Please login first to reply.