Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
December 1, 2010 @ 01:45 PM
FROADS

Edit: THIS IS NOT A FROADS "I"M DEEP AS THE OCEAN" SHIT, Just feedback on what u guys think of this current event issue.

On the one hand, I think it's somewhat brilliant that people are finally getting to know what goes on behind the issues that the government wants to conceal from the public such as The War Diaries and the recent leaks involving secret info on diplomatic relations with foreign countries.

I'm not really aware of what methods journalists take to gather such confidential data, but shouldn't the recent leaks submitted by the members of Wikileaks be considered disloyal to our country? I mean isn't that espionage or something?

I fuckin hate Bill O'Reilly as much as I hate vegetables but he recently said that the people behind the leaks should be imprisoned and condemned as traitors. And I think it's somewhat fair considering the tensions we've been facing with two ongoing wars.
December 1, 2010 @ 01:47 PM
mYslead

to be honest, I've always been supportive in term of government being transparent and everything
but this whole leak might not have been the wisest decision in term of security... I mean this could stir some shit up no? I don't know ...
December 1, 2010 @ 01:50 PM
kilogram

lmao

"somewhat brilliant"

i'll form an opinion on this later
December 1, 2010 @ 01:53 PM
FROADS

Yeah, somewhat.. cuz I don't think there's ever been a website that's ever had access to such info..but hey, if u think i'm being overtly pretentious then just proceed to troll. peace.
December 1, 2010 @ 01:55 PM
DStyles

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

December 1, 2010 @ 02:55 PM
sharky

real ass journalism.
December 1, 2010 @ 02:55 PM
STI Guy

so what are the biggest secrets that's been leaked as of now?
December 1, 2010 @ 02:57 PM
Patrick of LA

don't care; news fodder for politics/conspiracy/whineabouthowother'sdothingsbutdonothingaboutitexceptbitch nerds
December 1, 2010 @ 03:01 PM
Brian@ONLY

I'm calling it now, start stocking up on guns, slores, all the drugs you can afford, and as many four loko's that you can find shit is about to get real.

Wait til they leak info on a major US bank, politics people turn a blind eye because we know it happens in the back channels, but once you start fuckin with peoples money expect people to raise up.
December 1, 2010 @ 03:08 PM
FROADS

Good question Schao. I don't know...nah

There's been a lot of info dropped on our Gov's opinion about certain foreign politicians, and the problem with that is how it might create tension in U.S foreign relations... It's basically middle school shit, "He said u were a fag" and "your mom's fat" around the like..but on a global diplomatic level.

The website also has leaked info on scandals involving other foreign countries plotting to participate in research of nuclear weapons and unethical practices that compromises a lot of corporations..

The war diaries also provides realistic accounts that u don't hear in the news..and also sheds light on negative treatment of U.S military on insurgents..crazy shit.
December 1, 2010 @ 03:14 PM
FROADS

I'm calling it now, start stocking up on guns, slores, all the drugs you can afford, and as many four loko's that you can find shit is about to get real.

Wait til they leak info on a major US bank, politics people turn a blind eye because we know it happens in the back channels, but once you start fuckin with peoples money expect people to raise up.

that shit is gonna be big, they're gonna expose those fucken execss..keep yo cash stashed under your mattress
December 1, 2010 @ 04:14 PM
Eliijah Pt 2

I think how Obama will handle this will really determine if he's elected next term or not.
December 1, 2010 @ 04:19 PM
Herban

We should be able to know this shit anyways. It's our government. If they'd stop fucking up they'd have nothing to hide.
December 1, 2010 @ 04:43 PM
NoStress

Its LoLz. Now our politicians will REALLY have to watch what they say/do behind the scenes

burr

December 1, 2010 @ 04:50 PM
FROADS

call it lurking day..but 4 real, this shit will go down big in the next couple of years. This just might spark a movement on restricting the internet..Even though it's unconstitutional, this lil event here will be a case that's gonna be heard in the supreme court in the next couple of years...Can't completely say I'm against it or for it..
December 1, 2010 @ 04:53 PM
Constellations

i thinks its good as long as the information doesn't compromise military/cia missions and shit like that that might get people killed, but I'm for all the other stuff. it might make politicians more honest or handle certain things better if the public knows about it. or they might just become better liars..

\X/

December 1, 2010 @ 05:00 PM
Max S v2

what else is supposed to be leaked?
December 1, 2010 @ 05:03 PM
FROADS

They're gonna drop some shady backdoor deals involving banks...hasn't dropped yet.

http://wikileaks.org/
here's one on civilian casualties in Iraq
December 1, 2010 @ 05:06 PM
CanvasO8

I'm for wikileaks, but there is a HUGE downside to this. The percentage of the population that would go onto wiki leaks and go through the thousands/hundreds of thousands pages of documents is extremely minuscule. Now who do you think is reading this info? The corporate media is and they will report and whatever the hell they want in order to mold their audience according to whatever their agenda may be.

But I am definitely in support of wikileaks. If a government doesn't fear it's own people it is my belief that there is a problem with that government.
December 1, 2010 @ 05:08 PM
FROADS

www.collateralmurder.com/

wtf is up with the quick replies..here's one on "collateral murder" civilian casualties in iraq

somehow the link couldn't turn blue

there it is all of sudden..strange shit

Update: On July 6, 2010, Private Bradley Manning, a 22 year old intelligence analyst with the United States Army in Baghdad, was charged with disclosing this video (after allegedly speaking to an unfaithful journalist). The whistleblower behind the Pentagon Papers, Daniel Ellsberg, has called Mr. Manning a 'hero'. He is currently imprisoned in Kuwait. The Apache crew and those behind the cover up depicted in the video have yet to be charged. To assist Private Manning, please see bradleymanning.org.

5th April 2010 10:44 EST WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff.

Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack. The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-sight, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters employee and his rescuers. Two young children involved in the rescue were also seriously wounded.
Short version

Full version

WikiLeaks' Collateral Murder: U.S. Soldier Ethan McCord's Eyewitness Story

The military did not reveal how the Reuters staff were killed, and stated that they did not know how the children were injured.

After demands by Reuters, the incident was investigated and the U.S. military concluded that the actions of the soldiers were in accordance with the law of armed conflict and its own "Rules of Engagement".

Consequently, WikiLeaks has released the classified Rules of Engagement for 2006, 2007 and 2008, revealing these rules before, during, and after the killings.

WikiLeaks has released both the original 38 minutes video and a shorter version with an initial analysis. Subtitles have been added to both versions from the radio transmissions.

WikiLeaks obtained this video as well as supporting documents from a number of military whistleblowers. WikiLeaks goes to great lengths to verify the authenticity of the information it receives. We have analyzed the information about this incident from a variety of source material. We have spoken to witnesses and journalists directly involved in the incident.

WikiLeaks wants to ensure that all the leaked information it receives gets the attention it deserves. In this particular case, some of the people killed were journalists that were simply doing their jobs: putting their lives at risk in order to report on war. Iraq is a very dangerous place for journalists: from 2003- 2009, 139 journalists were killed while doing their work.
December 1, 2010 @ 05:09 PM
FROADS

eh yo my links won't show wtf...censorship already???
December 1, 2010 @ 05:12 PM
KoreanJesus

Personally, I think the government somehow have got this under control. The way I see it, it was only a matter of time before they were exposed, so they'd probably been thinking of what they were gonna do. As for the leaks themselves, I don't care much that they're being leaked, but I'm just curious as to what exactly they are and what exactly they're capable of.

On a side note, I am not ruling out the possibility that the government is orchestrating this whole situation, bc I'm paranoid like that
December 1, 2010 @ 05:15 PM
mirari

December 1, 2010 @ 05:25 PM
STI Guy

hey nice input. are you gonna type "....." in every thread?
December 1, 2010 @ 05:52 PM
ak

LOL @ amazon kicking them off their servers. SMH.

WikiLeaks servers at Amazon ousted. Free speech the land of the free--fine our $ are now spent to employ people in Europe.

If Amazon are so uncomfortable with the first amendment, they should get out of the business of selling books.
December 1, 2010 @ 05:54 PM
STI Guy

i dont blame amazon. their reputation is flawless. they do not want the government assassinating their employees.
December 1, 2010 @ 07:00 PM
Virungă

I for one support wikileaks

Canada Mad cause they lame lol
A trove of diplomatic cables, obtained by WikiLeaks and made available to a number of publications, disclose a perception by American diplomats that Canadians “always carry a chip on their shoulder” in part because of a feeling that their country “is condemned to always play ‘Robin’ to the U.S. ‘Batman.’ ”
December 1, 2010 @ 07:17 PM
Hobbes.

I think their good far outweighs any potential harm them might bring (which seems overinflated honestly). I love how people like Mike Huckabee (a former pastor no less) are calling for the assassination of the source....really? How Christian of you. I remember a certain someone, two thousand years ago, being killed by a state ordered execution...

Anyone who argues against more transparency in our government and banking system is either a dumbass or simply has something to hide.
December 1, 2010 @ 07:22 PM
HF

Did you guys see the part about aliens and god suprised
December 1, 2010 @ 07:26 PM
harryi

lmao,the gov is shit

Please login first to reply.