FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
November 1, 2010 @ 08:24 AM
Blacklikeakon

I noticed they try hard to be white black or hispinc. I
November 1, 2010 @ 09:04 AM
chemist.

north american culture has a huge influence on the world.
there are also white people who try to be black and vice versa.
stupid thread.

http://trillosopher.tumblr.com

November 1, 2010 @ 09:09 AM
Hashy

lol, they do try to be white but white people do asian things too
November 1, 2010 @ 09:23 AM
dylanjohn

^^ like?
November 1, 2010 @ 09:30 AM
Ulzzang

they don't take off their shoes anymore
November 1, 2010 @ 09:55 AM
99%Shit

^^ like?

You've never seen a chubby white girl dressed in lolita or himegyaru style? Weeaboos.

narsha.narsha.narsha

November 1, 2010 @ 10:03 AM
no1collector

How do you define acting White, Black, or Hispanic? Acting like a stereotype?
November 1, 2010 @ 10:08 AM
RawShack

no one is who they really are anymore.
November 1, 2010 @ 10:09 AM
Litmus Paper

lol what makes something white, black, or hispanic? ♥♥♥♥♥s be eating with chopsticks now a days. do i accuse them of trying to be asian? get with it, we in this big ass melting pot of cultures now. classifying actions as a certain race, hah...
November 1, 2010 @ 10:11 AM
linh

we in this big ass melting pot of cultures now

this ♥♥♥♥♥ said it all.

/thread.
November 1, 2010 @ 11:05 AM
Trollinator

we all change yo.

I want to see the world burn

November 1, 2010 @ 11:13 AM
STI Guy

I noticed they try hard to be white black or hispinc. I

haha ignorant nig. i bet you don't even know or speak your native language.
November 1, 2010 @ 11:16 AM
GucciTarantino

Its english?
November 1, 2010 @ 11:57 AM
modernmischief

All minorities are losing their identity
November 1, 2010 @ 12:12 PM
DE LUCKS

yeah many try hard to be hispinc.
November 1, 2010 @ 12:29 PM
tunnelno5

^^ like?

eating sushi, but they order the most bizarre, inauthentic shit thats dripping with sauce. lol

http://tunnelno5.bandcamp.com http://tunnelno5.tumblr.com http://www.youtube.com/user/TUNNELNO5beats/videos http://twitter.com/tunnelno5

November 1, 2010 @ 12:42 PM
dirtyandypants

lol I don't really think eating asian food counts as trying to act asian. i don't really understand how anyone can try to come off as white considering whites don't really have a culture. I say this because acting "white" was not really a thing until people accused others of acting "black"

the only thing people could really try to act is "black." I'd worry less about asians acting black, because everybody does that. I'd worry more about how we can typify blacks based on their clothes and english (or lack of).

I guess it all comes down to music.
November 1, 2010 @ 02:12 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Have you heard of fobs?
November 1, 2010 @ 03:55 PM
NoStress

lol what makes something white, black, or hispanic? ♥♥♥♥♥s be eating with chopsticks now a days. do i accuse them of trying to be asian? get with it, we in this big ass melting pot of cultures now. classifying actions as a certain race, hah...

America = melting pot

this thread is fucking stupid

burr

November 1, 2010 @ 04:08 PM
Rolledankle

America = melting pot

OP is a KOOK. cultural assimilation is all around us...

follow me on instagram: @rolledankle

November 1, 2010 @ 04:37 PM
dead7

America = melting pot

Actually the thread is based around a good point. There is no asian american culture. Asians dont "melt" if you will. They stay together and keep with their native traditions and customs for the most part and look down upon those who stray and act american. simply ask yourself what is asian american culture and you will se what he is asking.

Also people who say "what do you mean act black/white/ etc. are just as dumb as the person whom they are flaming for the comment. you know EXACTLY what he means, dont play naive to appear on a higher moral ground or some shit. There are asians that seek to marry somebody white and there are asians who call themselves n####. Its a fact get over it.

edit: have never seen an asian that acted hispanic just for the record rofl
November 1, 2010 @ 05:09 PM
Denny Crane

yeah many try hard to be hispinc.

smile
November 1, 2010 @ 05:24 PM
STI Guy

Actually the thread is based around a good point. There is no asian american culture. Asians dont "melt" if you will. They stay together and keep with their native traditions and customs for the most part and look down upon those who stray and act american. simply ask yourself what is asian american culture and you will se what he is asking.

Also people who say "what do you mean act black/white/ etc. are just as dumb as the person whom they are flaming for the comment. you know EXACTLY what he means, dont play naive to appear on a higher moral ground or some shit. There are asians that seek to marry somebody white and there are asians who call themselves n####. Its a fact get over it.

edit: have never seen an asian that acted hispanic just for the record rofl

you make really stupid assumptions. are you white?
November 1, 2010 @ 05:25 PM
ASSHOLE

no one cares, it's 2010 get ya money straight
November 1, 2010 @ 05:29 PM
Ibarra Boy

@dead7 does make a valid argument. Being the son of Filipino immigrants, I personally can't stand it when other Filipinos say the n-word, and yet all they do is hang out with other Asians. I think the word shouldn't be used in the first place, but I digress. At the end of the day, people need to be who they really are. I've always grown up around people from every type of ethnic background, but at the end of the day, hip-hop has always been an underlying influence on every social circle I've interacted with, so naturally I will gravitate more towards a hip-hop-influenced crowd. I've never been around other asians 24/7, so defining an "asian" demeanor would be a foreign concept.
November 1, 2010 @ 05:35 PM
keo_

I caNt HeLP it IF Im dAT aZn. BuT I AlSo CaNt hElp IT iF I duN GrEw Up WiT MeXiiCaNz n bkLacC FoLkZZ. HoP oFf mY DiiCk aNd d0 y0u AiiGHt?

blog.anthonykeo.com

November 1, 2010 @ 05:49 PM
dirtyandypants

i think acting "black" is largely in part due to contribution of african americans to music and everything that came with it. acting "white" just came as the opposite of acting "black." so... you won't have acting "asian" unless asian americans will make a strong contribution to american culture that isolates them and changes everything they do which I think is highly unlikely since they've only been here for like... 2 generations and the country is so connected now. There's nothing that asian americans can really do that will make them neither hardcore asian, "black" or "white."

so saying that asians have no identity isn't really true. There's just no asian american culture, which... makes sense. besides, black and white culture doesn't really belong to those parties exclusively anymore anyways.
November 1, 2010 @ 06:01 PM
STI Guy

i think acting "black" is largely in part due to contribution of african americans to music and everything that came with it. acting "white" just came as the opposite of acting "black." so... you won't have acting "asian" unless asian americans will make a strong contribution to american culture that isolates them and changes everything they do which I think is highly unlikely since they've only been here for like... 2 generations and the country is so connected now. There's nothing that asian americans can really do that will make them neither hardcore asian, "black" or "white."

so saying that asians have no identity isn't really true. There's just no asian american culture, which... makes sense. besides, black and white culture doesn't really belong to those parties exclusively anymore anyways.

THANK YOU god damn i can't stress this enough. at least 80% of the asian population in this country right now just got here. i bet people dont know that. things dont happen overnight.
November 1, 2010 @ 07:11 PM
EYETOGRAPHY

Thread is so fail. Why do you target Asians? People are people. Labling people acting "black" or "white" is just plain stupid. Saying someone acts ghetto would refer them to be black but not every black person you see is ghetto or raps. Maybe in your fucked up city they are. And hip hop is far from being just black. If anyone is talking about music on the radio is just POP garbage so you can throw that out of the window for that type labeling. And what is "acting white"?? Dressing in regular clothes speaking proper english and having a good job and not being a fuck up? Asians have their own identities. People who choose to be morons and follow other people still have some growing up to do.
November 1, 2010 @ 07:21 PM
Eaton

haha ignorant nig. i bet you don't even know or speak your native language.

THANK YOU god damn i can't stress this enough. at least 80% of the asian population in this country right now just got here. i bet people dont know that. things dont happen overnight.

thats why asians can speak their native languages asshole. they arent far removed from their native land, black people have been in this country for hundreds of years bro. keep contradicting yourself

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

Please login first to reply.