October 25, 2010 @ 02:22 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

^stfu

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 25, 2010 @ 07:36 AM
Blaizini

October 25, 2010 @ 08:45 AM
WojieWorldPeace

Buffalo Bills till I die.

October 25, 2010 @ 03:02 PM
Benny Lava

If you're going to argue a point, try to do it without name calling and cursing every 3rd word. It cheapens your points if you make valid ones, and makes you look ignorant.

First, I don't smoke. Never have, never will. I always vote by mail, so I've already voted and I voted yes on Prop 19. Here's why:

The vast majority of marijuana users are by and large law abiding citizens (obviously, they don't abide by the laws on use of marijuana). Sure, there are people that use marijuana that commit crimes, but for the most part, marijuana users aren't violent people. By continuing to arrest, prosecute and jail users of marijuana for having small amounts of marijuana in their possession is a gross misuse of police resources, judicial resources, and prison resources. California's prison system is overcrowded and the state is wasting money prosecuting non violent users of marijuana. Furthermore, Governor Schwarzenegger signed a bill earlier this month reducing the offense for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana to $100 and no jail time (latimesblogs.latimes.com/california-politics/2010/10/schwarzenegger-signs-bill-reducing-offense-for-marijuana-possession.html). Spending resources and manpower on recreational use of marijuana is waste of money, time and energy. Imagine the amount of money saved from not having to house recreational users in our prisons for 2-3 years. That's plain and simple dollars and cents.

Additionally, it's not the government's job to protect me from myself. As sovereign, thinking adults, I am more than capable of choosing what I want to put in my body and what I don't want to put in my body. The government's job is to protect me from you and you from me. If I wanna drink 4 gallons of vodka, I can. Granted, I WILL end up in the emergency room, but that doesn't give the government the right to tell me I can't drink 4 gallons of vodka. The same should apply for marijuana.

Furthermore, just because I can grow it, doesn't mean I necessarily will, and who cares, If I'm using it for personal use anyway? It's legal for me to grow vegetables and consume them, but I don't have a garden in spite of my large backyard. In fact, the vast majority of people don't grow their own produce, even though they could and they could save money and it would be far healthier than buying the pesticide riddled produce from their local grocery store. The same would apply to the vast majority of marijuana users. Just because you can grow your own doesn't necessarily mean you would. I imagine most people would just rather save their time and head to the nearest dispensary. I probably would.

Lastly, saying "People already use it, so why make it legal?" and "Just get a medical marijuana card if you want to smoke marijuana" are ridiculous arguments. A friend of mine had a medical marijuana card and nearly went to prison because of it. Turns out, the "physician" he got the card from was a crooked doctor and nearly got locked up for having documents that weren't legal. And the fact that people are already using it responsibly would be a reason to LEGALIZE it not one for making it illegal. If it's already been demonstrated that people can use marijuana responsibly and still remain productive (mostly), law abiding citizens, why should it NOT be legal?

FAGGOT MOTHERFUCKER.

Supreme x Nike SB Tennis Classic http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/200835

October 25, 2010 @ 03:08 PM
Kat Stacks

cool
October 25, 2010 @ 03:22 PM
KUSH

Lastly, saying "People already use it, so why make it legal?" and "Just get a medical marijuana card if you want to smoke marijuana" are ridiculous arguments. A friend of mine had a medical marijuana card and nearly went to prison because of it. Turns out, the "physician" he got the card from was a crooked doctor and nearly got locked up for having documents that weren't legal.

that's what your friend gets for cheaping out on a physician. that physician was most likely advertising recommendations for some price like $35. the only LEGIT medical marijuana card recognized by law enforcement costs $150 from your county's health department.

honestly, what resources are being spent on recreational marijuana usage? everyone says we're wasting time and energy.. the police don't spend time trying to spy on recreational users...

and there are NO recreational users doing prison time.. you have to be caught with a good amount(around a quarter pound) or with distribution charges.
October 25, 2010 @ 06:07 PM
Benny Lava

that's what your friend gets for cheaping out on a physician. that physician was most likely advertising recommendations for some price like $35. the only LEGIT medical marijuana card recognized by law enforcement costs $150 from your county's health department.

honestly, what resources are being spent on recreational marijuana usage? everyone says we're wasting time and energy.. the police don't spend time trying to spy on recreational users...

and there are NO recreational users doing prison time.. you have to be caught with a good amount(around a quarter pound) or with distribution charges.

Do you know how easy it is for them to add "With intent to distribute" to drug possesion charges? If you are near a school when caught, "INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE", In public transportation, "INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE". Furthermore, my friend paid 160 to this doctor and 75 bucks to renew. He had been going to him for a while. I wouldn't call that cheaping out.

Some Reading Material.
HS 11006.5: Concentrated cannabis means the separated resin, whether crude or purified, obtained from marijuana.
SECTION 11357-11362.9

Pertaining to marijuana

HS 11357. (a) Except as authorized by law, every person who possesses any concentrated cannabis shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than one year or by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or by both such fine and imprisonment, or shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison.

October 25, 2010 @ 06:13 PM
KUSH

Do you know how easy it is for them to add "With intent to distribute" to drug possesion charges? If you are near a school when caught, "INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE", In public transportation, "INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE". Furthermore, my friend paid 160 to this doctor and 75 bucks to renew. He had been going to him for a while. I wouldn't call that cheaping out.

Some Reading Material.
HS 11006.5: Concentrated cannabis means the separated resin, whether crude or purified, obtained from marijuana.
SECTION 11357-11362.9

Pertaining to marijuana

HS 11357. (a) Except as authorized by law, every person who possesses any concentrated cannabis shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than one year or by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or by both such fine and imprisonment, or shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison.

even if you get hit with a intent to distribute, realistically you're only getting probation and community service.

you should know this especially in LA.. 1 year sentence = 3-4 months of actual time served in la county.

you guys should look into who wrote prop 19... richard lee. if this passes he's going to be getting massive amounts of money..
October 25, 2010 @ 07:19 PM
Benny Lava

even if you get hit with a intent to distribute, realistically you're only getting probation and community service.

you should know this especially in LA.. 1 year sentence = 3-4 months of actual time served in la county.

you guys should look into who wrote prop 19... richard lee. if this passes he's going to be getting massive amounts of money..

He's already getting massive amounts of money, as he is a business man. Everyone has a reason for wanting this proposition to get passed, whether it be personal gain or something more altruistic. You still haven't given a sound reason against it. Furthermore, 3-4 months of jail time is still too long for recreational use of marijuana. Its a complete waste of police time to go after people like that. Police should spend their time preventing real crime.

October 25, 2010 @ 08:54 PM
KUSH

name 1 person who has gone to prison for recreational use?
October 25, 2010 @ 09:03 PM
nostalgia

Wayne, Earl
October 25, 2010 @ 09:29 PM
harvy is dope

there's alot of people for it so i don't see why it doesn't have a good chance.
October 25, 2010 @ 09:36 PM
Drebrooklyn

this country just need to legalize this shit and collect the tax money. damn sure we need it
October 25, 2010 @ 09:47 PM
Ryon

Who cares about legalizing it, this shit is decriminalized in Cali anyways
October 25, 2010 @ 10:14 PM
SFCA

just some shit to think about. first 3 points are bs.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/19-reasons-for-california-to-vote-yes-on-prop-19

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

October 25, 2010 @ 11:43 PM
ellol

Doing anything is bad. Everything good is bad.
October 26, 2010 @ 01:42 AM
Kat Stacks

name 1 person who has gone to prison for recreational use?

raylo.
October 26, 2010 @ 02:27 AM
BomberPro

The whole not waisting time pursuing and prosecuting to save money idea really will work. When i was in court, there was a fellow man in court for being arrested with possession of 1 oz or less of marijuana. When they told him his fine was to pay $60 and be done with it, he plead not guilty. SO he went and sat back down. After one more person's case, they called him back up to say they were dropping his case and could leave. So obviously that arrest was pointless. Courts are not willing to pursue people who get caught with an oz or less of weed.
October 26, 2010 @ 05:22 AM
KUSH

raylo.

he aint even from cali..
October 26, 2010 @ 05:31 AM
Millenion LTD

voting no, we cant let the corps pull a walmart on weed now can we?
October 26, 2010 @ 08:28 AM
Blaizini

^precisely
October 26, 2010 @ 09:08 AM
Kat Stacks

he aint even from cali..

oh word hahahaha i forgot. i was high.
October 26, 2010 @ 11:29 AM
mrscrouge

if you been smoking for years and you've been around people who been smoking for years, you will see the long term effects of marijuana usage.

i think marijuana is too strong just to be allowed for people to make their own decision to use it.

and if you consider marijuana a medicine and you support prop 19, you are completely disrespecting marijuanas use as a medicine.

why would you support recreational use of a medicine? its like legalizing vicodin or xanax. there will always be responsible people and abusers. legalizing it will just let people abuse it. yes "abusing marijuana" because if you consider it a medicine, you should already know that you need to use it in moderation.

taxing the actual marijuana crop is going to go nowhere unless it is a big grow op.. most likely small operations are not gonna give a fuck about being documented.. the tax revenue numbers that prop 19 supporters are throwing out are highly highly exaggerated.

if you try to tax the plant, you're gonna end up spending a decent amount of resources just to collect your tax money cause i know damn well alot of people arent gonna pay taxes for that.

this is what i think should be done:
require a physicians recommendation for use of marijuana
tax the physicians for every recommendation they give out

people are saying prop 19 is gonna create alot of jobs... what jobs? there is no state curriculum for marijuana. how will you know if people are qualified? the only certification you can get is from oaksterdam which is probably easy as fuck and everyone who signs up probably gets the certification upon completion. the only jobs its gonna create is a couple minimum wage jobs.

honestly i think it puts more people out of jobs then in. if you go up north, their economy is run by weed. i dont know the numbers but just imagine if 30k people rely on the marijuana economy..

now think about another industry, say photographers.. you pass a bill that puts 30k photographers out of jobs to create like 10k small minimum wage jobs for them to develop film in a walgreens. how is that helping the economy? would you even pass that bill in the first place?

just my 2 cents

You're looking at it from the wrong point of view. Alcohol is legal. Doesnt mean people cannot get out of hand and get alcohol poisoning, or develope an addiction and abuse it. McDonalds food is ridiculously bad for your health and if you eat ("abuse") it everyday for a year it will most likely fuck you up for life, but is still legal. Point is, the government cannot dictate whether or not a part of society is strong enough to keep from abusing a certain substance or not in the long run, they have to rely on science. Scientifically, marijuana is not addictive enough to fuck you up to the point where it should be banned. Unlike maybe Xanax etc.

Please login first to reply.