HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
October 23, 2010 @ 02:56 AM
BomberPro

im voting yes and i hope so, but i dont think it will. ANd if it does it will be over turned quickly
October 23, 2010 @ 03:21 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

^^it's only hope. that was interesting worthy read.

I mean i didnt read the entire passage but wow... they're trying to play it off when in reality, it's impossible to grow without the fence otherwise more fine, unlimited taxes, and shit.

Jack Herer intiative sounds much more legit. WAY MORE.

Idk... now damn

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 23, 2010 @ 04:11 AM
KUSH

nice wikipedia copy paste. If you're going to try and sound smart, at least paraphrase. smh.

kush you're acting like everyone is going to grow because they dont want to be taxed. Well I for one know that almost no one that doesn't already grow will start growing just because it is cheaper. People are lazy. They'd pay for the convenience of being able to go to the store and purchase pre rolled joints or pre grown weed. Rolling your own cigarettes is a lot cheaper then going to the store and buying cigarettes but people still do it because it is a shit ton easier. same with weed. do you honestly think the average consumer is going to want to monitor the ph levels of their dirt just to get cheaper weed? i really dont think so. i really think you have no idea what you are talking about. and collecting tax? they are just going to put the tax onto the sale price like they do with every other thing. you're a fucking idiot if you think people are going to be able to skip out on the tax.

about jobs. i really think you're so high you dont know what you're typing. jobs that will be needed if marijuana is legalized. network professionals, cheap labor for fields, accountants, warehouse managers, warehouse workers, truck drivers, advertising, PR. If marijuana was legalized on a full on level you are creating an entire industry. so i really don't understand what you are saying.

and the whole medicine thing. DXM is a cough suppressant that's used in cough medicine that also produces psychological effects when taken in higher than recommended amounts. people take it recreationally as a mind altering experience. should that be illegal? a DXM will change a person a lot more than a marijuana trip will. especially if you hit the fifth plateau.

but for all of this to work out, you need full legalization. federal, state, local legalization. prop 19 may not do that, but it will start the wheels turning. it only takes one voice to start a revolution and prop 19 is what needs to be done.

in short, you're just a stoner who thinks that he is better than prop 19 because you know about how the plant works and the ins and outs. you also dont take into account that other states dont have a medical program and prop 19 may be act that causes other states to open up. you're an elitist and quite frankly I have no problem calling you a piece of shit. get the fuck off your high horse and come at me bro. shots motherfucking fired.

edit pt 2: and if a mod bans for this i will fucking go apeshit.

yes, i do know what im talking about. i know the ins and outs of how the industry works and see it take place everyday. i talk to distributors, dispensary owners, and patients every day...

you are right though, any upside prop 19 could bring doesn't do shit unless it is legalized federally. until it is passed federally, people will still be paying with cash since the feds can freeze your assets.. only criminals will be growing over 99 plants per op since 99 is the safe number. there will be almost NO corporate grow ops.

also, the amount of real estate you have is proportional to how much you can grow. and consider how much it is to employ professionals.. around 35k a year. that's about how much you're going to make off 1 harvest with 99 plants. you will harvest about every 90 days so your operation will make around 150k a year without expenses(rent, electricity, equipment, employees, taxes, permits). you're going to need about 2 knowledgeable people working with the crop. thats 70k. how many more employees can you hire before it becomes not even worth it to run the business?

one reason why people make alot of money off marijuana is because you do not need a whole workforce. so how's that going to create more jobs?

i still don't think the government should support the recreational use of marijuana.. and by allowing this to pass, it is supporting recreational use.

finally a decent argument lol. first person so far who hasn't had many major flaws in their argument..

another thing id like to add

prop 19 is a step forward in legalizing it federally... but is it the right path you want to go down? there is so much that could be fixed with prop 19. there are too many major things that will happen that you cant predict if 19 passes.

as california residents, we should not feel the pressure to pass it just to set precedent for other states. id estimate around 15 states already have medical marijuana programs.

i don't even think california should be setting the precedent. we got the worst medical program since we were one of the first. if anything, colorado should be.. they have the best laws on mmj IMO

another edit: that blogspot sums up alot of stuff ive been trying to say lol
October 23, 2010 @ 09:39 AM
usomanuso

I heard that if Prop 19 passes, it could affect the amount of money California gets from the federal goverment because weed is illegal under federal law
IDk if it's true though
October 23, 2010 @ 11:56 AM
iggyhaxor

thats if people want to go to a store and buy it, why wouldn't they just keep getting it where they are getting it for cheaper?

its cheaper at the clinics to put dealers out of business
October 23, 2010 @ 12:15 PM
nostalgia

This muthafuckin shit. ever watch Blow? Cocaine is he drug of choice for cartels moving shit from South to North America.

no one is going to prison for weed unless theyre moving weight....

its funny how many of you are talking numbers yet barely know anything about economics. many of you talk about the drug game like you know whats going on.

the drug cartels dont give a fuck about marijuana because it is like 1% of their profits. how do i know that? logic... think about how much space growing marijuana requires. if they have that much space to grow marijuana, why wont they just grow coca which would be WAY more profitable. plus if you have a outdoor grow, that shit takes around a year before u can harvest..

personally, i vote no on 19 and that is a unbiased educated answer. and im not saying that cause i can lose money from 19 passing. im saying no for the greater good.

this makes me realize that this is how alot of people vote on shit in this country... they barely know whats really going on for many of these laws so they just take a uneducated vote.

i could go on for days on this topic...
October 23, 2010 @ 12:29 PM
Tronic

if you been smoking for years and you've been around people who been smoking for years, you will see the long term effects of marijuana usage.

i think marijuana is too strong just to be allowed for people to make their own decision to use it.

yes you can compare marijuana...

coca is a plant with medical properties... opium is a plant with medical properties

vicodin has hydrocodone which is an opiate.

im saying people are going to be using it recreationally.

my main point is, don't pass this prop if you just want the right to smoke weed. you have to think of the effects it will have on the economy and what it would do socially.

i gotta add a ignorant conclusion... everyone voting yes on 19 is a dumbass stoner

You sure sound like a pompous elitist stoner to me. You're like those kids who are into indie bands, then everyone else starts liking said band, so you start hating them.

All LEGAL drugs (medicines included) have long-term effects that ruin your health and yet people make decisions to take them every single day, how is marijuana any different?

Vicodin is a lab drug created by pharmacists & scientist. It's a mixture of an assload of chemicals, one if which does happen to be opium. Still, how does that compare to a plant growing in nature that is simply packed and smoked and not chemically altered or engineered?

People are going to be using marijuana recreationally? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

i think marijuana is too strong just to be allowed for people to make their own decision to use it.

This is by far the stupidest shit I've ever read in my life.
October 23, 2010 @ 12:42 PM
iggyhaxor

even if you dont smoke weed
youd have to be some kind of douchebag to vote against it or not at all
October 23, 2010 @ 01:59 PM
KUSH

its cheaper at the clinics to put dealers out of business

yeah you dont know what youre talking about. clinics get their weed from "dealers"....

tronic, how bout you read my posts.. NO SHIT peopel are going to be using it recreationally.. but the GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT SUPPORT IT. THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT SUPPORT IT. THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT SUPPORT IT. did my idea get into your head yet?
October 23, 2010 @ 02:07 PM
Kat Stacks

yeah you dont know what youre talking about. clinics get their weed from "dealers"....

tronic, how bout you read my posts.. NO SHIT peopel are going to be using it recreationally.. but the GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT SUPPORT IT. THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT SUPPORT IT. THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT SUPPORT IT. did my idea get into your head yet?

So should the government support alcohol? How about tobacco? Both are worse alternatives to marijuana. By that logic we should go back to banning alcohol. Oh wait that's the white person's drug of choice. That will never happen.
October 23, 2010 @ 02:13 PM
KUSH

yes we should go back to banning alcohol and tobacco for the better good of public safety... those who really want it will get it.
October 23, 2010 @ 02:52 PM
Kat Stacks

yes we should go back to banning alcohol and tobacco for the better good of public safety... those who really want it will get it.

but who is the government to say what an adult is allowed to put into their body? People are going to abuse things. Some people abuse food, some people abuse drugs, others abuse the internet. Too much of anything is a bad thing, but if you're a responsible adult, I feel that you should be able to do whatever you want to do. Prohibiting drugs is not going to stop them. Arresting people is not going to make them stop. Drug addicts are in and out of jail. Our current prohibition is a complete failure and a waste of tax payers dollars. I would rather have tax dollars go to a system that allows legalization of possession of all drugs but laws against public intoxication.

You're making it seem like if marijuana is legalized, everybody is going to become a fiend and everyone will be a stoner. That is totally not true. Marijuana will be just as prevalent in California culture as it is now. It's really not that hard to get a medical card if you really want one. It may not seem like a big deal to California, but I know that if Prop 19 passes in California other states will pass more medicinal marijuana laws. It was either you or someone else that said Prop 19 is worthless because marijuana will be legal within a few years. How is going to be legal if there is not something to get the wheels turning. I know I've said that before but that's exactly what Prop 19 is. It's not perfect and there are already other bills being written to fix the imperfections. But it is what America needs in order to get marijuana legalized. Marijuana is just a plant that was made criminal because jazz musicians, negros and performers would use it and create devil's music. There was no scientific evidence that it caused violence, just pure blatant racism. If you support the criminalization of marijuana than due to the transitive property you are also a racist.

i apologize for the language in the last post but I just get really into this subject. please don't take what i say personally. this is just what i do.
October 23, 2010 @ 02:57 PM
sado

nope not for me
October 23, 2010 @ 03:22 PM
Kat Stacks

gay ass didnt read pic

ok cool. i really dont give a fuck if you didnt read. I know kush will and that's all that matters so shut the fuck up fag.
October 23, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
sado

lol why you mad tho?
October 23, 2010 @ 03:33 PM
Kat Stacks

im mad because i dont like faggots thats like buttsex like you. its disgusting and grosses me out.
October 23, 2010 @ 03:35 PM
sado

lmao alright hold up playa. might have to rephrase that because that made no sense.
October 23, 2010 @ 04:10 PM
Kat Stacks

idgaf ♥♥♥♥♥ im kat stacks
October 23, 2010 @ 05:00 PM
Eliijah Pt 2

anyway doe, what you said Kat about black people using marijuana and whites making it illegal made so much sense, where did you hear that at?
October 23, 2010 @ 05:07 PM
Kat Stacks

anyway doe, what you said Kat about black people using marijuana and whites making it illegal made so much sense, where did you hear that at?

this is common knowledge. back in the late 20s early 30s marijuana was targeted because mexicans and black jazz musicians were the majority users just as Asians were the majority users of opium. It made their menial jobs bearable and of course the white people wanted minorities suffer so certain men in power went on a drug tirade saying that it is more destructive than Heroin (see Reefer Madness). One of the main reasons it was banned originally was because a group of mexican males beat up a woman and it was said they were under the influence of marijuana, therefore scaring the white american public even more. but during WWII it was legalized again for war efforts until around the 60s and 70s when hippies started using it during antiwar protest. It was around this time that the current drug laws came into play and ironically marijuana was criminalized for the complete opposite reason it originally was. it made you peaceful. not angry. hypocrisy runs throughout marijuana's history and it's ridiculous.

before rosados gay ass comes in.
October 23, 2010 @ 05:18 PM
Eliijah Pt 2

this is common knowledge. Back in the late 20s early 30s marijuana was targeted because mexicans and black jazz musicians were the majority users just as asians were the majority users of opium. It made their menial jobs bearable and of course the white people wanted minorities suffer so certain men in power went on a drug tirade saying that it is more destructive than heroin (see reefer madness). One of the main reasons it was banned originally was because a group of mexican males beat up a woman and it was said they were under the influence of marijuana, therefore scaring the white american public even more. But during wwii it was legalized again for war efforts until around the 60s and 70s when hippies started using it during antiwar protest. It was around this time that the current drug laws came into play and ironically marijuana was criminalized for the complete opposite reason it originally was. It made you peaceful. Not angry. Hypocrisy runs throughout marijuana's history and it's ridiculous.

before rosados gay ass comes in.

I learned something new today. cool
October 23, 2010 @ 05:33 PM
Kat Stacks

Watch the weed documentaries on Hulu. They will really open your eyes to how deadly marijuana is.
October 23, 2010 @ 06:13 PM
HELLA.

Watch "The union:The buisness behind getting high."
October 23, 2010 @ 06:20 PM
Trollinator

Watch the weed documentaries on Hulu. They will really open your eyes to how deadly marijuana is.

hmmm link please

I want to see the world burn

October 23, 2010 @ 06:22 PM
October 23, 2010 @ 06:23 PM
BomberPro

lol @ people who get angry and call people uneducated "faggots" smh
October 23, 2010 @ 06:24 PM
Kat Stacks

lol @ people who get angry and call people uneducated "faggots" smh

you're a faggot. stfu
October 23, 2010 @ 06:27 PM
BomberPro

why do you even read this bro? your state aint legalizing shit. Quit trying to wish you live in cali
October 23, 2010 @ 06:55 PM
Kat Stacks

why do you even read this bro? your state aint legalizing shit. Quit trying to wish you live in cali

i can do whatever i want bitch come at me. I live in Lincoln Park, IL.
October 23, 2010 @ 10:58 PM
BomberPro

cool thats my fav band bro

Please login first to reply.