Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
September 30, 2010 @ 10:44 PM
Pinhead Larry

IB Bio 3 was annoying as fuck because i had a terrible teacher, but I know Chem 3 would have been even worse.
September 30, 2010 @ 10:53 PM
vinftw

my physics class would be easy if my teacher taught shit....but by far chem is the hardest for me

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208326 WTAPS BDU

September 30, 2010 @ 10:58 PM
chemist.

i've never taken bio but from what i heard it's a balance of memorization and chemistry, which isn't really that bad.

i would have to say the science i'm worst at is anything related to particle physics (i.e. small scale electricity and magnetism). one of my good friends is in mathematical physics, i don't know how he does it

edit: @ you dudes saying org chem is hard...really?

http://trillosopher.tumblr.com

September 30, 2010 @ 11:05 PM
linh

chemist,
why is chemistry so hard?
September 30, 2010 @ 11:13 PM
Visionary

For me I thought Biochem was hella easy but intro to chem sht is fkn hella hard.
September 30, 2010 @ 11:21 PM
Hova

bio/physics = easy

chem= rocket science
September 30, 2010 @ 11:25 PM
skillet

I'm close to graduating with my bs in chemistry and even I think chemistry is the hardest of the three. Some of the physical chem/ pharmaceutical chemistry classes i've had to take fucked my mind to no end. Plus chem labs take the cake by a mile
September 30, 2010 @ 11:25 PM
blunt_trauma

Biochemistry.. kinetics=drug delivery within your body using advanced calculus.......physiology/pathophysiology is hard as fuck, theirs a shit load going on in your body...
September 30, 2010 @ 11:43 PM
chemist.

chemist,
why is chemistry so hard?

cause it's hard to imagine anything interacting on a molecular level. but it's fun to a certain extent.

physics (after high school) is on a subatomic level, and it's bullshit. i hate it.

right now i'm actually working on a lab report on viscosity and collision cross section of gases. nothing super hard, bur still a pain in the ass

September 30, 2010 @ 11:43 PM
k-nock k-nock

all 3
September 30, 2010 @ 11:53 PM
Baydestrian

-_____- am i the only one on HB who really has an intensive background in science or engineering?

4th year chemical engineer here. about to graduate and start making 80k a year fresh out of school cool

seriously though, after going through chem e, the only other physical science related major that i can respect is probably physics, and electrical engineering. mechanical engineering is a joke, or at least my school.

for those of you who don't have a clue what chemical engineering is, we are pretty much the bastard child of chemists and mechanical engineers. We take organic chemistry, physical chemistry and all those other chem classes along with thermodynamics, transport, and a ton of chem e specific classes.

but back to the thread, hardest classes ive ever taken:
1. Transport phenomena - fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and mass transfer
2. Physics - Electricity & Magnetism
3. Physical Chemistry - Quantum mechanics + statistical mechanics
4. Thermodynamics - both molecular level and macroscopic

and the classes that im taking arent some bullshit classes. im talking about the ones were theres full blown partial differential equations n shit.
October 1, 2010 @ 12:06 AM
chemist.

-_____- am i the only one on HB who really has an intensive background in science or engineering?

4th year chemical engineer here. about to graduate and start making 80k a year fresh out of school cool

seriously though, after going through chem e, the only other physical science related major that i can respect is probably physics, and electrical engineering. mechanical engineering is a joke, or at least my school.

for those of you who don't have a clue what chemical engineering is, we are pretty much the bastard child of chemists and mechanical engineers. We take organic chemistry, physical chemistry and all those other chem classes along with thermodynamics, transport, and a ton of chem e specific classes.

but back to the thread, hardest classes ive ever taken:
1. Transport phenomena - fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and mass transfer
2. Physics - Electricity & Magnetism
3. Physical Chemistry - Quantum mechanics + statistical mechanics
4. Thermodynamics - both molecular level and macroscopic

and the classes that im taking arent some bullshit classes. im talking about the ones were theres full blown partial differential equations n shit.

no, you're not. i'm in second year chem eng, and i know there's a couple other dudes on here in industrial eng and mech

mech isn't that much of a joke (lol civil). not gonna lie dude, you're making it sound like chem eng is the hardest thing. i know dudes in engineering chemistry, engineering physics, applied mathematics (elec and mech options) having a way harder time

October 1, 2010 @ 12:11 AM
Baydestrian

no, you're not. i'm in second year chem eng, and i know there's a couple other dudes on here in industrial eng and mech

mech isn't that much of a joke (lol civil). not gonna lie dude, you're making it sound like chem eng is the hardest thing. i know dudes in engineering chemistry, engineering physics, applied mathematics (elec and mech options) having a way harder time

what school are you at?

edit:
what classes are you taking right now?
have you started thermo?
October 1, 2010 @ 12:13 AM
Fitch

AP Chemistry and Physics simultaneously.
October 1, 2010 @ 12:20 AM
chemist.

what school are you at?

edit:
what classes are you taking right now?
have you started thermo?

i'm at queens university.
i'm in main group chemistry, principles of chemical reactivity, chemical processes and systems, analysis of process data and differential equations (an some bullshit course is engineering communications)

i have thermo next semester

October 1, 2010 @ 12:27 AM
Baydestrian

i'm at queens university.
i'm in main group chemistry, principles of chemical reactivity, chemical processes and systems, analysis of process data and differential equations (an some bullshit course is engineering communications)

i have thermo next semester

i see, those classes are free A's. take them while it lasts...lol
are you guys doing the whole general balances on chemical processes? in - out + gen - comsump = accumulation?
oh and things will start to get fun in thermo when you learn about non-ideality
everything im pretty sure you have seen so far has been "ideal"
but you still start learning in thermo how to compensate for that. it can get pretty confusing and im not going to lie, thermo was not my strong point.

anyways, im at UC Santa Barbara, a pretty funny school...lol since we are known for partying, drinking, halloween in IV, floatopia and hardcore physical science departments like physics, chem eng, and material science lol. 5 nobel lauretes, the inventor of the blue LED is here...its pretty crazy

so yeah its kind of funny; i feel like a total nerd on the weekdays but normal on the weekends.
October 1, 2010 @ 12:34 AM
chemist.

are you guys doing the whole general balances on chemical processes? in - out + gen - comsump = accumulation?
but you still start learning in thermo how to compensate for that. it can get pretty confusing and im not going to lie, thermo was not my strong point.

anyways, im at UC Santa Barbara, a pretty funny school...lol since we are known for partying, drinking, halloween in IV, floatopia and hardcore physical science departments like physics, chem eng, and material science lol. 5 nobel lauretes, the inventor of the blue LED is here...its pretty crazy

so yeah its kind of funny; i feel like a total nerd on the weekdays but normal on the weekends.

yeah we're doing in - out + gen - consuption = acc right now. then going onto some other stuff in the near future. thermo is probably one of my favourite things in chem, so we'll see how that goes.

my school is known for crazy spirit and tradition, ridiculously rich white kids, racist history, partying hard (there have been nothing but articles in every newspaper bashing it lately), our homecoming, engineering (one of the oldest chem eng programs in north america, one of the best mining eng schools). good balance of a party school and a strong academic school

October 1, 2010 @ 12:36 AM
jawesome

lol bio, lol chem

600 level Biochemistry. sad

My friend is taking Advance Cell Bio, a 600 level as well and they got 10 questions homeworks that take like ~12 hours. He was up till 6am Wednesday morning lol

Instagram: prxsh

October 1, 2010 @ 01:09 AM
Vancouver

fuck chemistry. never got that shit and it was so boring. as time went by since I barely knew about the basics I didn't even learn the harder stuff. on the final exams I literally just guessed all the chem shit.
October 1, 2010 @ 01:09 AM
undercover.

Chem.
October 1, 2010 @ 01:13 AM
linh

real talk, i failed 1 semester of chem and 1 semester of bio.
as for physics, i never took it.

science is generally hard. i just cant fuck with science.
October 1, 2010 @ 01:42 AM
rx7-fc

i only did up to senior chem but physics was a bitch
October 1, 2010 @ 03:18 AM
ak

took chem back in highschool, wasn't too hard. But i'm pretty sure anything after that is pretty tough.
October 1, 2010 @ 03:41 PM
krn_zmb

quantum physics
October 1, 2010 @ 04:45 PM
gnar

^ lol

O-chem.
October 1, 2010 @ 05:28 PM
dead7

chem by alot
October 1, 2010 @ 06:06 PM
Fitch

IDK why everybody says chemistry is so hard. It's really not. Bio is a f*cking b!tch. Never got bio and probably never will. If you are good at memorizing everything, then you will probably think bio is easier. If you are better at learning and understanding somewhat advanced concepts, then chemistry is easier. From what I have seen at high school, the ones that get A's in bio usually get low grades in chemistry, whereas I was the complete opposite of that. Oh, and physics is a complete joke...well at least it is when on a high school level.
October 1, 2010 @ 10:54 PM
skillet

^high school is a joke. don't think you know whats hard till you get out
October 2, 2010 @ 04:46 AM
goobypls

SB is definitely not known for being a school with hardcore physical science departments out of the UCs...
October 2, 2010 @ 08:31 AM

Inactive

Bio=memorization
physics=straight Logic up in da bitch
chemistry=just easy

but then again I'm in high school

Please login first to reply.