Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 19, 2010 @ 03:05 PM
glennboy

who decided not to attend college and works full time having a comfortable life that you love?
i'm a business major but there's dozens of people who've start small businesses without a college degree so its just been sitting on my mind for a few days now.
and i've seen and known many people who are fine without college.

any thoughts? how did your fam take it?

Live Life // Get Mo Money

September 19, 2010 @ 03:10 PM
AG23

I dont think anyones fam will take it well man.
September 19, 2010 @ 03:11 PM

Inactive

Fuck school, that´s how I feel. My family are all well educated, and it looks like I´ll be the first one in the family without a degree. But it´s all good because at the end of the day my visions will make me a champion.
Sure my family is disappointed.
I´d might get back to school if I fuck up major though... It´s one life to live, do what you feel like.
September 19, 2010 @ 03:17 PM
Tommy Boy

my dad fucked up and never graduated college. my mom makes decent money and he's a carpenter. he complains a lot
September 19, 2010 @ 03:21 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

Yes it may seem easier to just stick with the more comfortable and "easy" option of staying at home. But you're going to need to change your life drastically at some point (starting a business and moving out come to mind) and what happens then? You can't always just say you're going to stick with the comfortable option because it's comfortable. If you're not meant to go to college then so be it, but don't think that just because it's easy to stay home. Of course it's easier but that doesn't make it better. And for those people that you know that did succeed without a degree, how many do you know that succeeded WITH a degree? It's not easier to be successful without a degree than it is with one.
September 19, 2010 @ 03:40 PM
northwest

dont go to college cause everyone else does (social norm). go cause you want/need to.
September 19, 2010 @ 03:47 PM
SHOGUNATE

Formal education will make you a living, Self-education will make you a fortune
September 19, 2010 @ 04:20 PM
glennboy

Yes it may seem easier to just stick with the more comfortable and "easy" option of staying at home. But you're going to need to change your life drastically at some point (starting a business and moving out come to mind) and what happens then? You can't always just say you're going to stick with the comfortable option because it's comfortable. If you're not meant to go to college then so be it, but don't think that just because it's easy to stay home. Of course it's easier but that doesn't make it better. And for those people that you know that did succeed without a degree, how many do you know that succeeded WITH a degree? It's not easier to be successful without a degree than it is with one.

i wouldnt stay at home man, im talkin bout full time job, save money, then in a few years try the business plan. or maybe i just wanna work more and do college less, like 2 or 3 classes per semester.

Live Life // Get Mo Money

September 19, 2010 @ 04:28 PM
ak

I dont think anyones fam will take it well man.

yo dis.

until you come home with stacks
September 19, 2010 @ 04:29 PM
DStyles

If you're making good money at a young age and don't have kids then I don't see the reason as to why you should go to college.

Down the road you might end up getting promoted to a higher position in your job.

Some people graduate but are still stupid - Kanye

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

September 19, 2010 @ 04:32 PM
ClydeFrazier

without a college degree though, you're gonna hit a glass ceiling if you're working for someone else.

Melo Gang All Day

September 19, 2010 @ 04:36 PM
DStyles

without a college degree though, you're gonna hit a glass ceiling if you're working for someone else.

You might end up working for these two guys

September 19, 2010 @ 04:42 PM
ClydeFrazier

read my post again, i said if you're working for someone else. if you choose to be self employed, then whether you went to school or not doesn't matter.

glennboy, why dont you just finish out college, get a higher paying full time job, then start your own business? plus if it doesn't work out, you got your degree to fall back on.

Melo Gang All Day

September 19, 2010 @ 04:50 PM
DStyles

Having a degree doesn't means that you're better than the guy next to you w/o a degree.

In one of my previous EE classes, there were people cheating on a test. I mean come on...cheating in college?

September 19, 2010 @ 04:56 PM
ClydeFrazier

Having a degree doesn't means that you're better than the guy next to you w/o a degree.

In one of my previous EE classes, there were people cheating on a test. I mean come on...cheating in college?

did i ever say it does? no. but having a degree is sure to give you an advantage over the guy next to you if you're competing for the same job, especially at a young age where you're not gonna have as much job experience on your resume.

Melo Gang All Day

September 19, 2010 @ 04:59 PM
alberto1989

Na du 90% of the time you need a college degree to make a comfortable living, for the past 2 years I've worked at an old folks home and I had enough of it and said fuck it and enrolled in school this year. Fuck working there for the rest of my life.
September 19, 2010 @ 05:03 PM
flow

study while you're young... you will work the rest of your life.
September 19, 2010 @ 05:07 PM

Inactive

study while you're young... you will work the rest of your life.

It
September 19, 2010 @ 05:08 PM
DStyles

A degree only helps you to a certain point though.

My father never graduated college. He dropped during the first semester due to money issues yet he knows more than the guy next to him w/ a nice fancy college degree. He has worked with tons of people that have graduated college and can't fix a damn T.V. He's a tech btw.

My point is that if you have a degree and lack the knowledge of the career field you're going into, you're just a waste.

A degree may get you the job but that's as far as you may get. After that your ass is out because you don't know where the power supply of a tv is.

Edit: Even my own professor from one of my EE classes told me that he hates getting those morons in his class. The ones that only get put into his class because they like computers.

September 19, 2010 @ 05:12 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

Nothing wrong with not going to college. Just be prepared to use your hands and do actual work to make good money.
September 19, 2010 @ 05:57 PM
chief

the way i see it, its better to have a degree than not. a degree wont hold you back, not having one will.

•••

September 19, 2010 @ 06:04 PM
modernmischief

Fuck working for a living,I'll just bust my ass in college and med school and make 150k+ a year,have fun being a assistant manager as I valet my Porsche 911. swag
September 19, 2010 @ 06:20 PM
alberto1989

Fuck working for a living,I'll just bust my ass in college and med school and make 150k+ a year,have fun being a assistant manager as I valet my Porsche 911. swag

you finna be a doctor shunnnnn??
September 19, 2010 @ 06:24 PM
ak

the way i see it, its better to have a degree than not. a degree wont hold you back, not having one will.

the thing is you have to know if your degree is worth pursuing (economically) .. like if you have a degree it doesn't mean you'll have a nice paying job. and how you going to pay off those school loans?

thats how i think of it.. that's why i'm afraid to do what i do.

moneys a bitch
September 19, 2010 @ 06:24 PM
riceispro

the way i see it, college isnt the answer to comfortable living.
just because you have a college degree doesn't mean you're guaranteed a job, especially in this economy.

job security seems much stronger with professional degrees (law, business, med) so the divide isnt really that striking in my opinion.
September 19, 2010 @ 07:22 PM
Virungă

Go to school because you want to become less ignorant, not just because you want a ton of money.
September 20, 2010 @ 01:50 AM
The Nasty

you have to also take into consideration what your definition of comfortable living is. some guy could have a GED, work at home depot and live in a one bedroom apartment and say he lives comfortably.

id get a college degree if i were you though. it can only help
September 20, 2010 @ 02:03 AM
Legit Shit

everything that was said here is troof pretty much. if i had other plans besides school, i'd drop out in a heartbeat. but because i don't, i have to man up and deal with this shit for a few years. at least by the end of it i'll have my foot in the door of my career

upthefunk

September 20, 2010 @ 01:36 PM
flow

It´s better to work than to study.

just your opinion.
i'm happy i'm able to study the stuff i like... i made an 4 year apprenticeship first.

all i was saying is that you should study while you're young, cause maybe you'll regret your decision after 15 years of work.
September 20, 2010 @ 01:38 PM
tybasegod

sounds like fun.

Please login first to reply.