Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 7, 2010 @ 08:06 PM
Beach2theBay

I'm agnostic but I often think about how I'll raise my kids. I don't think I could straight up tell them there is no god and no heaven. Also, the ridicule they'd face in school would be worse than being gay, black, jewish, and fat combined. Pretty much every major religion worships some god and gods are indistinguishable to kids but to not believe in one at all wouldn't be acceptable. I don't know if telling them there is a god a good route to go either. It's not like santa because santa isn't the creator of the universe and everyone realizes and accepts that he isn't real in middle school.

Have any of you thought about this or lived such a situation?
September 7, 2010 @ 08:08 PM
nurped

i'll let them decide.

the only thing ima do is beat them if they do something super bad
September 7, 2010 @ 08:09 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Maybe in time you'll understand only God can save us

-2Pac

There is a God and his son is Jesus Christ.
Make sure you tell your kids that you have no proof that God doesn't exist.
September 7, 2010 @ 08:12 PM
Beach2theBay

i'll let them decide.

the only thing ima do is beat them if they do something super bad

It's not as simple as that. I think you're overestimating a child's ability to make decisions. You need to tell kids fucking everything until they're about 12.

Let's say little johnny comes home and asks you if there's a god or not. What will you tell him? What if he decides there is and wants the family to start going to church?
September 7, 2010 @ 08:12 PM
nurped

bitch it aint up to what a fucking little kid wants.
September 7, 2010 @ 08:16 PM
nadu

My kids will know that there is only one GOD

September 7, 2010 @ 08:18 PM
BKBROWN

i live in a tolerant city cool

ill teach em about all religions

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

September 7, 2010 @ 08:21 PM
Shoutbox

I'm agnostic but I often think about how I'll raise my kids. I don't think I could straight up tell them there is no god and no heaven. Also, the ridicule they'd face in school would be worse than being gay, black, jewish, and fat combined. Pretty much every major religion worships some god and gods are indistinguishable to kids but to not believe in one at all wouldn't be acceptable. I don't know if telling them there is a god a good route to go either. It's not like santa because santa isn't the creator of the universe and everyone realizes and accepts that he isn't real in middle school.

really? have you ever seen a fat gay black jew in school? i mean with the hot pink yarmulk, and the lily print dashiki?

cmon son, you sound like the gay people that say being gay now is like being black in the 50's-60's.
September 7, 2010 @ 09:01 PM
gnar

You can't prove that he does.

But, I will let them decide what they want. The old lady is Catholic and I am atheist, so, obviously, they'll be baptized as such.
September 7, 2010 @ 09:11 PM

Inactive

won't impose atheism on my children, nor will I impose religion on them. I will refuse to indoctrinate them into something their growing consciences can not fully comprehend. As they grow into young adults, they will form their own opinions regarding the existance (or lack thereof) of a god. I will hope by the time they would be 18, they would have some picture of whether they would be religious, agnostic, or atheist.
September 7, 2010 @ 09:35 PM
Fazerz On Stun

ill just kinda not discuss religion at all until it comes up then ill say thats for u to find out or some mysterious shit
September 7, 2010 @ 09:45 PM
northwest

then you aren't really an atheist...
September 7, 2010 @ 09:47 PM
snake?Snake?!SANKE!

I wouldn't force anything into their heads, I'll let them do research and believe what that want to.

rollin' down the strip on vogues comin up slammin cadillac does

September 7, 2010 @ 09:47 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

I'm going to raise them atheist. I'm going to explain to them that God is a lot like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy when they get a little older.
September 7, 2010 @ 09:51 PM
drewAM

^word @ northwest

And I agree with ya baby boy moops. IF I have kids I'll let them know about religion and science, let them think about it, and encourage them to do their own research throughout their life and to make good, informed decisions.

FUCK MY NIGGER DAD

September 7, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

oh yea, also make sure to tell them that you have no proof good does exist.

I have proof. The Bible.
September 7, 2010 @ 09:58 PM
Sway Calloway

It took you till middle school to find that out?

All I do is eat tuna and listen to Rich Hil

September 7, 2010 @ 09:58 PM

Inactive

They'll be able to believe what they want. What they believe at age 10 isn't what they'll believe forever. WE don't still believe in Santa Claus do we? Over time they'll be able to make a decision about whats logical to them. But you can stray them into the direction you want them to go if you want.
September 7, 2010 @ 10:01 PM
bullets

i'll give my son a blunt, and let him think about it.
im_hungry

I won't try to force my beliefs on my children. I'm agnostic so it would be inevitable for my beliefs to rub of a bit, especially when my children would ask me what I believed. But I wouldn't tell them what to believe in, I'd educate them as much as I could on religion and what I believed.

But either way my biases would rub off so they'd likely turn out like me.
im_hungry

I have proof. The Bible.

how is that proof when there's a bunch of other religious texts?
September 7, 2010 @ 10:02 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

how is that proof when there's a bunch of other religious texts?

Have you heard of the Holy Spirit?
September 7, 2010 @ 10:03 PM
kilogram

have you heard of the flying spaghetti monster?
September 7, 2010 @ 10:03 PM
The Main Event

won't impose atheism on my children, nor will I impose religion on them. I will refuse to indoctrinate them into something their growing consciences can not fully comprehend. As they grow into young adults, they will form their own opinions regarding the existance (or lack thereof) of a god. I will hope by the time they would be 18, they would have some picture of whether they would be religious, agnostic, or atheist.

This. I'd much rather let them form their own opinions later on when they are capable of making their own choices.
September 7, 2010 @ 10:11 PM
Tommy Boy

my parents raised me good. we celebrate christmas and easter and shit but i dont know all those stories about religious stuff. its just like a time for them to be nice and exchange presents and shit. i dont recall them ever telling me a god does or doesn't exist. i know my mom was raised christian but i really have no idea what my dad thinks. one day i shall ask
September 7, 2010 @ 10:12 PM
jizzla

explain to them everything is based off of perception..and let them decide
September 7, 2010 @ 10:33 PM
tapemanpl

-2Pac

There is a God and his son is Jesus Christ.

The duty is for you to prove that something is, rather than someone to prove that it isn't, because it is first assumed that something isn't before it is
September 7, 2010 @ 10:33 PM
drewAM

have you heard of cthulhu?

cool

FUCK MY NIGGER DAD

September 7, 2010 @ 11:59 PM
gnar

I have proof. The Bible.

Omg, lol. Yes. Best answer ever.

I don't want to get into a debate, but before we were to start, maybe you should acknowledge the series of editing the Bible has been through over time (begin Emperor Constantine and what he did with the Bible, that's the most well known case).
September 7, 2010 @ 11:59 PM
aldrin

ill probably baptize them and everything, raise them catholic but not force everything down their throat and when theyre older they can decide.

Please login first to reply.