Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 18, 2010 @ 11:53 PM
easy-g

I just kind of wanted a second opinion...I work this boring overnight shift 9 pm to 7 am...and then i go home and sleep all day and get up and go right back to work. The problem is, half the time I can't sleep during the day and end up staying up all day miserable and then falling asleep at work. Meanwhile, all my friends party every night and I miss out on everything. I am putting in my two weeks notice, fuck it. I know the economy is tough to get another job, but I'm going back to school in the fall anyways, and I'd honestly rather work at Mcdonalds then do this anymore. Thoughts?
June 18, 2010 @ 11:54 PM
db_cooper

quit fo sho.
June 18, 2010 @ 11:55 PM
applejuice

Don't quit your job, unless you already have another one.
Not having money in the summer is the worst. Partying ain't cheap.

youlooklame.tumblr.com

June 18, 2010 @ 11:56 PM
ahgeadf

quit
June 18, 2010 @ 11:56 PM
FROADS

Congratulations...Really, U gotta do your own thing though..Don't follow your friends, do whatever makes you happy but don't do it on account of friends or what other people say..
June 18, 2010 @ 11:57 PM
northwest

Go ahead and quit if you have another source of income or a decent amount of money to live on for the time being. But damn, you're lucky, QUITTING a job. I've been out there trying to just get one and have had no luck.
June 19, 2010 @ 12:00 AM
FROADS

Anyone could easily tell you or suggest, "what about money? The job market is really slim, don't quit your job.." Fuck that, u gotta go with what makes you happ...I work in fucked up job that I hate...I'll quit since i got something on the works but i could see the other point of view
June 19, 2010 @ 12:00 AM
easy-g

thanks guys, i have enough money saved for two months rent so that will buy me some time to find another job...and i am genuinely miserable, not just because my friends aren't. I'm pretty sure I can find something fairly quick
June 19, 2010 @ 12:01 AM
Virungă

This

It took me 2 years to find a decent job
June 19, 2010 @ 12:02 AM
easy-g

FROADS, im in the same boat as you...honestly, money is not worth being miserable. I thought it was, but I guess not.
June 19, 2010 @ 12:07 AM
northwest

Another suggestion: quit for the summer and just party. I mean, yeah parties aren't cheap, but if you're not hosting them then they shouldn't have a big impact on your lifestyle. And another thing to keep in mind, start filling out applications ASAP. I mean with all the free time you'll have, you might as well do something productive and turn them in and put like *would like to begin work on _______ (insert date).
June 19, 2010 @ 12:08 AM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

I was in the same boat this last winter. Don't quit until you have another one lined up. Like Applejuice said. Broke Summers are the worst.
June 19, 2010 @ 12:09 AM
easy-g

northwest, that's that I was thinking. I'm gonna take a month to just party and night and look for jobs during the day. I'm not gonna be a straight up bum, but I def. need some a change of pace from this overnight sh*t. Thanks guys, you're seriously helping me.
June 19, 2010 @ 12:13 AM
PKMN Trainer Red

Quit. Your sleep is getting fucked up.
June 19, 2010 @ 12:15 AM
db_cooper

partying is only as expensive as you make it. pretty easy to get faded and go hard on a budget
June 19, 2010 @ 12:18 AM
zeezyo

honestly your just not used to the sleep cycle. I think once you get used to it, it wont be a big deal. and overnight jobs sound chill. you dont do much and get paiddd

X

June 19, 2010 @ 12:22 AM
Yessy

its not a very bright idea to quit a job when you dont have another one lined up for you right away.

i've been looking for a job for over a year and i have had absolutely no luck.
June 19, 2010 @ 12:27 AM
Cortex

its not a very bright idea to quit a job when you dont have another one lined up for you right away.

i've been looking for a job for over a year and i have had absolutely no luck.

post nudes
June 19, 2010 @ 12:28 AM
Yessy

no smile ...
June 19, 2010 @ 12:31 AM
easy-g

I've been at this job for almost a year...the thing is, sometimes I sleep, sometimes I don't. It's like a gamble wondering if I'll be able to function for the next day. I know it's probably not the best decision to quit without something else, but sometimes in life you just get those gut feeling where you really just have to say screw it and do what makes you happy...even if it is risky.
June 19, 2010 @ 12:47 AM
linh

quit that shit b. your job is not about gambling and toying with your health.
your job is about you doing what you love doing and doing things that are best for you mental and physical health

that is getting money, using the money to get real fuck up..
right? am i right?
June 19, 2010 @ 02:12 AM
Herban

You're fucking lucky you even have a job. I come from a financially sub-par family. My mom is a homemaker and is pretty strict. She always wants me to keep my head in the books and she has a mad mean temper every time I get into trouble. My dad does not have an actual job atm. I don't think he has a driver's license. He's an immigrant and is not the sharpest tool in the shed but at least his heart is always in the right place. He's always working hard to satisfy everyone but he's always getting into fights and shit with these elitist type pricks. It can get a little scary sometimes. It's rather hard trying to be the normal one in the family. He also has a friend that always be on his nuts trying to outdo my dad in everything. He even has a pet name for my dad. I swear this nig be on some shit acing like he's some prince or something. Hanging out with my dad is great though he's always a chill person to be around. We also have a good family friend that helps me keep my sanity. He's really great, I look up to him a lot. But sometimes nig bugs out, even to the point where he looks a little green like hes see sick or something. But anyways my dad and I and the rest of my *****s fight off androids, aliens, and shit from destroying the world.
June 19, 2010 @ 02:29 AM
Hypebea$t

this is why you should stay in school

and this is why imma ball out of control when im done cool
June 19, 2010 @ 03:17 AM
easy-g

yeah, im going back to school in the fall, i cant wait. im sick of being in the workforce, i want a education and to actually do something with my life. time is ticking
June 19, 2010 @ 03:22 AM
VADO-U.N.

this,
June 19, 2010 @ 04:09 AM
Millenion LTD

if you dont like your life, change it

i didnt like my life, i started using drugs, now im good
June 19, 2010 @ 09:16 AM
tmwtg

Dude, I had the same overnight shift last summer.

I didn't do any work, and yeah, I fell asleep on the job. But honestly, I was in a much better position last summer, simply because I had money coming in from the job.

This summer, I have nothing. Stick with it until the end of the summer, bro. At least you have a job.
June 19, 2010 @ 10:00 AM
Steve Bartman

FROADS, im in the same boat as you...honestly, money is not worth being miserable. I thought it was, but I guess not.

When your living on the streets lets see you make this statement
June 19, 2010 @ 02:06 PM
ichigo81

n*gga u stupid to quit your job under any circumstances in this economy, u know how many muthafuckas need a job, u wonder why crime is high? n*ggas stomachs are touching they backs right now, just be thankful u are blessed, maybe just take less hours but don't quit
edit:i seriously doubt u want to work at mcdonaldscool
June 19, 2010 @ 02:08 PM
Potsnu

Do you dig graveyards? If yes, I would keep your job. Nice biceps is hard to come by.

Please login first to reply.