How did you find Hypebeast?

Jun 14, 2012 @ 05:21
Got into sneakers back in high school. I remember it was the Shanghai SB's, first shoe that caught my attention. But resell value taught me a lesson that day; sneakers can cost more than the average $100 you spend at Finish Line.

Friend showed me N-SB but shit was sort of boring, and I barely knew how the feedback system worked.

I lurked ISS about a year then joined, and practically stayed on there forever mostly contributing about sneakers. ISS back then was dope, shout outs to the older members.
Then I found the Flamethrower section over at ISS but mostly lurked. Since the FT was heavy back then, no front, i was afraid to get flamed. But once I had enough post to post in the FT, that's where I spend most of my time when on iSS.
Then the Flamethrower went soft as hell and dead as fuck after the older members left and the layout changed for the worst

then i found the JB thread and found out about Hypebeast. Stumbled upon the Off Topic and shit was basically like a better version of the FT. When I was lurking I felt the same way as I felt in the FT in the beginning. Though i missed the better days of the off topic, people on HB was merciless as fuck. So i was afraid to get flamed too. But then I realized the mass amount of trolls on this website makes every emotion conjure on here pointless. So i joined HB. But i guess HB died too after the layout change, once again

Funny thing, i'm not into this site for the adoration of name brands. I don't wear Supreme, or Bape, or Vivism, or Raw Denim, or Givenchy, or any other "hype" brands. I just like the way people put outfits together disregarding the brand. I have to admit, after seeing HB, i can see now that ISS dress like SHIT
Jun 14, 2012 @ 05:37
I joined for the chicks.
Jun 14, 2012 @ 05:43
was looking to buy some clothes online
ended up finding a hoody i liked on here so signed up

long story short i got the mother fucking hoody smokeyface
Jun 14, 2012 @ 06:43
honestly in 08 or around that. a fixed gear blog linked me to high snobiety and there was a link to hype beast pretty sure thats it, or maybe from a stores blog like dqm. idk a while ago, but i didnt join the forums till now cause i didnt deem it necessary to join when i barely had a working computer at the time. i still dont deem it necessary but i just registered because whatever.
Jun 14, 2012 @ 07:13
honestly in 08 or around that.

free max b 2013

Jun 14, 2012 @ 07:22
Cudder said not a hypebeast while you beast for hype, In like 07 I was like

Da fuks a hypebeast? Badabing Badaboom Googered Dat bitch found HB, I used to lurk back in the day had an account in like 09 that I never used an I decide to make a new one and actually post

"leather jackets and bape shark hoodies, its a struggle but we make it work"

Jun 14, 2012 @ 07:29
I was high as fuck one night on myspace and stumbled across Tyler the creator's page (this was like 2008 or 2009) and he was talking about how he put some song on hypebeast. Googled it and boom, here I am.

Actually no that's not what happened. That was shortly after. Lupe Fiasco used to have a blog on Hypebeast. After reading one of his posts I wandered over to the forums.

For Sale:Supreme SNY New Era (http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/172934/? topic_page=1#post-3530817)

Jun 14, 2012 @ 07:32
Got into sneakers back in high school. I remember it was the Shanghai SB's, first shoe that caught my attention. But resell value taught me a lesson that day; sneakers can cost more than the average $100 you spend at Finish Line.

Friend showed me N-SB but shit was sort of boring, and I barely knew how the feedback system worked.

I lurked ISS about a year then joined, and practically stayed on there forever mostly contributing about sneakers. ISS back then was dope, shout outs to the older members.
Then I found the Flamethrower section over at ISS but mostly lurked. Since the FT was heavy back then, no front, i was afraid to get flamed. But once I had enough post to post in the FT, that's where I spend most of my time when on iSS.
Then the Flamethrower went soft as hell and dead as fuck after the older members left and the layout changed for the worst

then i found the JB thread and found out about Hypebeast. Stumbled upon the Off Topic and shit was basically like a better version of the FT. When I was lurking I felt the same way as I felt in the FT in the beginning. Though i missed the better days of the off topic, people on HB was merciless as fuck. So i was afraid to get flamed too. But then I realized the mass amount of trolls on this website makes every emotion conjure on here pointless. So i joined HB. But i guess HB died too after the layout change, once again

Funny thing, i'm not into this site for the adoration of name brands. I don't wear Supreme, or Bape, or Vivism, or Raw Denim, or Givenchy, or any other "hype" brands. I just like the way people put outfits together disregarding the brand. I have to admit, after seeing HB, i can see now that ISS dress like SHIT

Jun 14, 2012 @ 07:34
lurked solecollector a lot starting in 8th grade but moved to hb when i started focusing on clothes. i remember hearing about it when sc kids used to hella hate on hb
Jun 14, 2012 @ 08:32
honestly in 08 or around that.

its true... why would i lie?
Jun 14, 2012 @ 08:44
I google 'faggot ass white kids who think they know fashion' and the rest is history
Jun 14, 2012 @ 08:46
reading the blog since 2007 when i found out lupe wrote for it, discovered a great streetwear blog, NEVER EVEN CLICKED THE FORUM SECTION, had the mentality that message boards are where losers go to communicate. Fastforward to 2011, this OFWGKTA ive been hearing about has a post on hypebeast saying "fellow hypebeast user tyler the creator" and im like WHAT? visit these forums and see how butthurt everyone is about OF fuck boys ruining it, i assume the role of truthonly and troll the fuck out VILLN, then proceed to act like an OF fuck boy, get banned by sonny, and essentially troll all of you guys. I regret not going on this site ever clicking that "forum" section and just all around missing out on what message boards can offer. Doesnt matter now cause streetwear is dead and theres nothing legitimate to discuss about this culture and I'm tired of trolling these uncultured preteen fucks and don't know what other interests besides clothing there are to pursue.

edit: lmao at all dese yungbloodz writin novels and shit tryna act like they lurked. nigga if you lurked back then durin the golden age why didnt you join
Jun 14, 2012 @ 08:48
seems like Google brought us all here.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

Jun 14, 2012 @ 09:08
Some asian friends told about it around december 06. lurked until i finally made an account june 07.

http://instagram.com/qyel

Jun 14, 2012 @ 09:27
The HypeTrak mixtape.

www.ProbablyNotGold.com

Jun 14, 2012 @ 12:32
Well I Wanted People To See My Music And My Fashionz Of All My Supreme So I Came Here. Next Thing I Know They Playin My Music On Hypetrak. Then I get My Account Deleted So I Had To Make A New One. Swag.

I'm That Nigga.

Jun 14, 2012 @ 16:47
found hypebeast a few years back and read the stories posted, but then i found out they had a marketplace so i joined to buy stuff and sell a little supreme

Ig@rickrossowens

Jun 14, 2012 @ 16:56
I google 'faggot ass white kids who think they know fashion' and the rest is history

KB FAM // IG @shin0bi

Gilly Suits
Jun 14, 2012 @ 17:19
Had little interest in fashion but was looking for new songs and shit to download. Found the What you listening to? Thread and joined late 09. Lurked around sparsely then the Beats, Beats, Beats thread started. And that's what really brought me here.

Inactive User

Jun 14, 2012 @ 17:36
reading the blog since 2007 when i found out lupe wrote for it, discovered a great streetwear blog, NEVER EVEN CLICKED THE FORUM SECTION, had the mentality that message boards are where losers go to communicate. Fastforward to 2011, this OFWGKTA ive been hearing about has a post on hypebeast saying "fellow hypebeast user tyler the creator" and im like WHAT? visit these forums and see how butthurt everyone is about OF fuck boys ruining it, i assume the role of truthonly and troll the fuck out VILLN, then proceed to act like an OF fuck boy, get banned by sonny, and essentially troll all of you guys. I regret not going on this site ever clicking that "forum" section and just all around missing out on what message boards can offer. Doesnt matter now cause streetwear is dead and theres nothing legitimate to discuss about this culture and I'm tired of trolling these uncultured preteen fucks and don't know what other interests besides clothing there are to pursue.

edit: lmao at all dese yungbloodz writin novels and shit tryna act like they lurked. nigga if you lurked back then durin the golden age why didnt you join

very potent xvllin ether. we remember
Jun 14, 2012 @ 17:40

haha i remember the FT thread back over @ ISS.
Ever since the layout change, the site became garbage.
The classic purple layout was bomb.
Jun 14, 2012 @ 17:53
Lurked NSB for a year trying to get some older dunks because I had skated most of mine to the point of no return. Found out about HB there and started lurking the off topic. Somewhere between 08-09. Never had much to say so I wasn't active on NSB and never joined here either. I joined when everyone was shittin on Nov 11 members to see if I could get in under the radar.
Jun 14, 2012 @ 17:57

rude

Fucktard we been developed a ratio

Jun 14, 2012 @ 18:48
Tyler the Creator nah jus fucking witcha. Always had a thing for Jordans, so kept on the look out for shit like Complex mag, Highsnobiety, KicksOnFire, NiceKicks, EUKicks then Hypebeast in like 2010, never found about the forum in 2011.
Tried to join then but registration was closed (obviously)

Heartbreak Boyz | Mia Khalifa Fan Club

Jun 14, 2012 @ 18:58
Got into raw denim and found this site along with several others for info and forums on it.
Jun 14, 2012 @ 20:03
found the jailbait thread and decided to stick around

+asian females
Jun 14, 2012 @ 20:29
definitely into the whole bape/bbc shit back then. googled bape and HB popped up and the rest is history

When he be playin Scrabble that nigga gotta figure out how to make a word outta seven Ls

Jun 14, 2012 @ 20:38
raw denim brought me here when I was in high school, lurked for a long while because I wasnt a lazy piece of shit who registers just to post the same questions that have been asked a million times over. then I think I joined because I had a bunch of nudes from my ex-gf and posted them in the old JB thread after we broke up.

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

Jun 15, 2012 @ 04:21
APC thread
Please login first to reply.