Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 15, 2010 @ 07:57 PM
BruhMan

NY > ALL. Nigs prayin for the day nas and jay retire like we still dont got nigs that go hard on the mic. smh. real talk fuck everything that aint ny

Who ya'll got Skunk? For real. I fuckin bleed hip hop and I never wanna see them nigs retire but if they were both to hang it up tomorrow who ya'll got that can carry the weight?
May 15, 2010 @ 09:41 PM
uncle kwan

goddamn andre 3 stacks is a monster.
May 15, 2010 @ 09:57 PM
k2dedication

NY > ALL. Nigs prayin for the day nas and jay retire like we still dont got nigs that go hard on the mic. smh. real talk fuck everything that aint ny

wtf you talkin bout??? if it wasnt for the mid-west and the west coast hip-hop would have flat-lined niga. alot of NY cats aint even seein the mid-west emcees

reply wit sum b.s. im waitin on it
May 15, 2010 @ 10:10 PM
DiggySimmons

smh jeeezys mixtape shits on anything ny has put out in the past couple years
May 15, 2010 @ 10:19 PM
k2dedication

smh jeeezys mixtape shits on anything ny has put out in the past couple years

agreed im not a huge fan of jeezy but i fux wit em
May 15, 2010 @ 10:24 PM
db_cooper

Wtf? NY all day. They have carole king
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK65QEMTPC8
May 15, 2010 @ 10:32 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

Who ya'll got Skunk? For real. I fuckin bleed hip hop and I never wanna see them nigs retire but if they were both to hang it up tomorrow who ya'll got that can carry the weight?

Jadakiss /thread

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

May 15, 2010 @ 11:02 PM
ichigo81

who is hot in ny(dont say the jadakiss or styles p or fab), that's it rest them niggggas is trash, rza hasnt been relevent since bobby digital and that shit is trash, only real nigggas holding down ny is jay and nas, point blank period, but it's looks like fat joe holds ny too,lol
muthafuckas be killin me, andre 300o, bun b. b.o.b, lupe(even though he reps midwest, he always says the south influeneced his style), devin the dude is a beast, so stop hatin the south and find me some real *****s that hold ny down besides the two gods
edit: method man is wack as shit now, ghostface is still a bad boy, damn that's like only five i can really say hold ny down, jay,jadakiss,nas,ghostface,fab
dont come with that weak as gunot shit, banks aint been shit since 2000
in all honest rap sucks ball no matter what region, scrap my whole tangent, hip hop is dead
May 15, 2010 @ 11:08 PM
Oh Shit Ninjas! MILK, RUN!!!

wtf you talkin bout??? if it wasnt for the mid-west and the west coast hip-hop would have flat-lined niga. alot of NY cats aint even seein the mid-west emcees

reply wit sum b.s. im waitin on it

yea right.
May 15, 2010 @ 11:14 PM
Drebrooklyn

if you look at it the south got it but at the end of the day you dude push more garbage than real true talented lyricist. the amount of real spitters aren't that great and when it's all said and done and we're looking back at time we won't remember any of them as great but a mare few...NY fell off hard and we probably won't ever get back on top but that'll never make me or any true hip hop head from NY jump on no southern rapper unless he's coming wit then bars
May 15, 2010 @ 11:30 PM
HabsFan

New York have this guy. End thread.

May 15, 2010 @ 11:37 PM
Koven

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

May 16, 2010 @ 07:39 AM
Pinhead Larry

the mid west only got kanye.

Eminem, Royce, Big Sean, Lupe, Cudi, Immortal Technique, Atmosphere (even though I hate em), and Common.

wtf you talking bout dude? I only spend a little bit of time in Michigan a year, but I ain't gonna let someone just ignore what the midwest done for hip hop.

That's pretty much all they've got going for them these days.
May 16, 2010 @ 08:08 AM
uncle kwan

***** said immortal technique lmfaoooooo, that nig is the hottest broke rapper on the streets.

big sean, seriously kanye mini me's shouldnt count, that nigs a tumor on ye's nuts hes not a person.

cudi...hype hype hype. shouldnt even count hes hipster hop not hip hop.
May 16, 2010 @ 08:51 AM
DStyles

***** said immortal technique lmfaoooooo, that nig is the hottest broke rapper on the streets.

big sean, seriously kanye mini me's shouldnt count, that nigs a tumor on ye's nuts hes not a person.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

May 16, 2010 @ 08:55 AM
Pinhead Larry

I could say the same shit about the last 3 Jay-Z albums. Hype, hype, hype. Shit sold though.

and some NY nigs hung on nuts to get to the top (i.e. Diddy on B.I.G.), doesn't discredit the fact that he is somehow influential in NY.
May 16, 2010 @ 09:06 AM
YeahCrassMix

Wow 20 pages in and unsurprisingly a whole shit ton of ignorance in this topic. Real talk if you think the south only has 5 good rappers ever you don't know shit about rap music.

And did someone seriously post Empire State Of Mind as an example of NY's current rap dominance? Like really? Still not sure if that was a joke.
May 16, 2010 @ 09:15 AM
DStyles

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

May 16, 2010 @ 10:05 AM
BruhMan

Fab, Kiss, vado, Nicki, cam, juelz

Fab been fell off, his mixtape was trash imo. Kiss aint the same niigga, he gettin old too and I'd rather put my money on styles p. I like Vado but I don't think he'll be more than a "mixtape" niigga, here today, gone tomorrow, especially if dipset gets back poppin he'll be slid to the background. Nicki who? Minaj? Loooool!!! Cam couldn't even lead his own crew how he supposed to hold NY down? Can't even believe you said Juelz.

***** u stupid
boss of all bosses, jadakiss the champ is here, and fab's new mixtape are the hottest mixtapes out.

Niigga you stupid. Fabs shit is trash. I like boss of all bosses but the appeal is starting to fade away though, by next week I'm sure it'll disappear never to be played again. I like Kiss' shit but I gotta skip around some tracks. But jeezy shit niigga, jeezy shit, just pop it in and let it play, all the way through.
May 16, 2010 @ 10:37 AM
VADO-U.N.

Niigga you stupid. Fabs shit is trash. I like boss of all bosses but the appeal is starting to fade away though, by next week I'm sure it'll disappear never to be played again. I like Kiss' shit but I gotta skip around some tracks. But jeezy shit niigga, jeezy shit, just pop it in and let it play, all the way through.

chill....watch ya mouth
May 16, 2010 @ 10:40 AM
BruhMan

Wow 20 pages in and unsurprisingly a whole shit ton of ignorance in this topic. Real talk if you think the south only has 5 good rappers ever you don't know shit about rap music.

And did someone seriously post Empire State Of Mind as an example of NY's current rap dominance? Like really? Still not sure if that was a joke.

thats how new york niiggas is. hell they even booed outkast at the source awards when they won the new group award.
May 16, 2010 @ 10:45 AM
BruhMan

Fab shit trash??? Your buggin. Jeezy is overrated as fuck, he's like the rap version of the dream. All he knows how to do is make catchy songs with good hooks, thats it. This ***** jeezy dont rap about shit, every once in a while he'll say a dope line and thats it. FUCK JEEZY!

yes fab shit trash. jeezy is the rap version of the dream? what is cam the rap version of then? jeezy and cam be on the same shit they just sound different. i dont think either is overrated because i fucks with both of em. please dont try to tell me that cam has substance or that cam is lyrical.
May 16, 2010 @ 10:48 AM
BruhMan

Cam is cam he aint the rap version of anyone but himself, and cam and jeezy aint alike at all.

yeah instead of rappin about chevy's cam raps about range rovers. hell of a difference.
May 16, 2010 @ 10:51 AM
db_cooper

Empire state of mind is mad corny, ny kids just drool over it because it just talks about how fucking incredible new york is supposedly
May 16, 2010 @ 10:53 AM
db_cooper

Yeah that's it
May 16, 2010 @ 10:54 AM
BruhMan

You comparing apples and organges dog

lol how? its all about drugs, bitches, and money. how do the differ? besides the sound.
May 16, 2010 @ 11:15 AM
BruhMan

Thats it right there the sound. If u gonna compare them cause of drugs, bitches, and money then you might as well compare them to 90% of rap.

so at the end of the day what do you gain from cam that you arent gaining from jeezy? nothing. you cant say its apples to oranges. they just sound different while still saying the same shit. what makes cam better than jeezy? the fact that he's from ny? cmon son you know that shit aint right. niiggas can go at jeezy because he's from the south but cam gets a pass even though he's spewing the same shit?
May 16, 2010 @ 11:25 AM
BruhMan

i aint going at jeezy cause he's from the south im going at him cause he's overrated. Cam is more entertaining than jeezy, and to me he's more lyrical compared to jeezy also.

yeah we can go back and forth all day. i dont favor one over the other i just think their equal when it comes down to it but its all opinion. you still my niigga doe smile trap or die 2 > boss of all bosses tho lol
May 16, 2010 @ 11:30 AM
Oh Shit Ninjas! MILK, RUN!!!

Eminem, Royce, Big Sean, Lupe, Cudi, Immortal Technique, Atmosphere (even though I hate em), and Common.

wtf you talking bout dude? I only spend a little bit of time in Michigan a year, but I ain't gonna let someone just ignore what the midwest done for hip hop.

That's pretty much all they've got going for them these days.

immortal technique is from harlem, eminem is trash now, big sean is overrated, atmosphere is horribleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i fucking hate slug, cudi makes good music but he himself isnt dat great

so that leaves, royce (obvious choice), lupe who i'll hold ma judgement on till i hear his next album, and nothing i can really say about common

in the spirit of fairness, i'll let u add black milk (not a strong lyricist but a great producer) and overrated j dilla, trick trick who will always be a regional sensation, bump j who aint doin shit now and up and commers lep bogus boys

edit: oh and kanye U_U
so basically in that list, u have only 3 viable candidates that could hold their own against most ny rappers out now....yayyyy midwest
May 16, 2010 @ 11:32 AM
Drebrooklyn

half you *****s aint know shit about nothing. can't have a meaningful conversation because you nigs don't argue about the valid points all bias and shiit

Please login first to reply.