Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 7, 2010 @ 09:46 AM
SupraRZ

posting again.
just gotta learn how to deal with it naturally, thats the best way.
I've been depressed since I was 14, I been had the drugs. weed/E/DXM/oxy.
tbh it just made it worse, i classified myself as a drug addict at 16.
i've been sober for 2 years now, deal with it naturally and u'll thank urself later. trust.
May 10, 2010 @ 03:05 AM
Chewbakka

I skate from downtown(LA) to the beach every saturday to ponder. Excercise, yes?
May 10, 2010 @ 04:29 PM
ClydeFrazier

sada-tay, my damie.

cole me down on the panny stai

Melo Gang All Day

May 10, 2010 @ 04:49 PM
no0 v.2.0

weed.
May 10, 2010 @ 10:10 PM
Tronic

no such thing as depression. it's not a medical disorder. it's impossible, in logistics. it's something people like to say so other people can feel sorry for them. it's an attention-whoring tactic.

college, parents divorcing, mom might have cancer, broke as furk, problems with the girl, losing mad motivation, and life just getting me down in general, man.

Sounds like you have the same exact problems as anyone whose 5-50. Big deal.

College? I'm assuming you're using it as a means to an ends (planned career,) if so, there's nothing you can do about it but stick it out and just fucking do the work. If you're going just to go, 'cause there's nothing else going on in your life, then get out and find something you actually want to do.

Parents Divorcing? Welcome to the 60th percentile of America.

Mom might have cancer? Welcome to the 20th percentile of America. If anything your mom possibly having cancer should be a turning point in both of your lives. You'll become closer, do more enjoyable things, have life experiences, etc. You'll come to appreciate life more instead of sitting around and crying about it. BTW, if it's your Dad who is leaving your mom while she might possibly be diagnosed with cancer, than that's a pretty bitch move.

Broke as fuck? Seriously? find a job son. Don't start with any "bad economy" bullshit either. Plenty of fucking people are getting hired every day. Make yourself a part of them. Summer jobs are bound to be in abundace in the next 2 months.

Girl problems? Again son, seriously? just drop her 'cause you're obviously not in a state to be supporting a healthy relationship.
May 10, 2010 @ 10:42 PM
swagasfuck

i like where this is going
May 11, 2010 @ 03:09 AM
deadpooL

no such thing as depression. it's not a medical disorder. it's impossible, in logistics. it's something people like to say so other people can feel sorry for them. it's an attention-whoring tactic.

May 11, 2010 @ 09:03 AM
linh

I totally agree with what Tronic said, he's pretty much right.

I think what you are going through right now, is not depression, but tough times.
September 11, 2012 @ 04:43 AM
tmwtg

I'm doing everything right: working out, lighting one up with homies, meeting new people, working out consistently, decent pussy, doing things I enjoy, family is all good.

But when I'm alone with down time, I get tired/depressed/lazy, despite trying to stay active.

What the fuck is going on?
September 13, 2012 @ 04:36 AM
itZj0k3R

Just think....there's always people who have it worse. Right?
September 13, 2012 @ 04:01 PM
cadenza

Ive been prescribed 20mg Prozac but not started taking them yet. Read about how it makes you a LOT worse before you start to get better and with my job i cant afford to be wanting to chuck myself out of windows.

So i did a little experiment, take vitamins, minerals, supplements, fish oil, joint care etc tablets, spend as much time as possible outside whatever the weather, excercise more and just force yourself to become more active. Its working for me so far and i feel fine, havent thought about suicide for weeks now.

Winning.
September 13, 2012 @ 07:22 PM
dmwalking

Physical activity. Do something that you enjoy doing. Do something that you're good at. Avoid the things that make you feel depressed. Jerking off too much makes niggas feel lame and you get that temporary after nut depression that only leads to more jerking which leads to more depression which leads to more jerking...you get the point.

But for real, physical activity activates endorphins (I believe it's endorphins, or some pleasure chemical). If you have an addictive personality, get addicted to something productive. Just avoid your triggers and replace them with productive things.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

September 13, 2012 @ 07:24 PM
dmwalking

combat your depression with literature.

Nigga that could make a nigga more depressed. Especially good literature. Hahaha.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

September 13, 2012 @ 07:25 PM
dmwalking

ask yourself why are you feeling this way?

then do the opposite.
^^^If only it were that simple

Sometimes it is though. If you can track down what you're doing that is causing the issue, you can be proactive about changing the habit, activity, or environment that causes it.

September 13, 2012 @ 07:28 PM
dmwalking

Dude no one knows how to treat "depression", they say it's a disorder but after all the studying I've done on the subject, this is the conclusion I've come to... The pharmacy field is money driven they make billions on people who take anti-depressants,so of course they are gonah say it's a real disorder... Maybe it is, no one really knows for sure

This is true. While the medicine can "balance" out the chemicals that are imbalanced, the person still has to face their demons to overcome depression. Oftentimes this can be done without pills, but the pharm industry wants that cake.

September 13, 2012 @ 07:30 PM
dmwalking

I'm doing everything right: working out, lighting one up with homies, meeting new people, working out consistently, decent pussy, doing things I enjoy, family is all good.

But when I'm alone with down time, I get tired/depressed/lazy, despite trying to stay active.

What the fuck is going on?

Damn just realizing I'm replying to 2 year old posts. But sounds like you have some subconscious issues that you haven't uncovered. Could be a number of things. What do you commonly think about when you're alone?

September 13, 2012 @ 07:59 PM
frizurd

its easy
sleep better, eat better and take in supplements if needed, start working out if you haven't
exercise is a natural stimulator of many important “mood” hormones, including serotonin and dopamine. 15/20 minutes of exercise every day will naturally release these feel-good hormones that are so vital to feeling happy and calm
increase your serotonin and dopamine levels (google)

stay away from depression medicine, it's all trash
do it the natural way

http://thatfix.com/ -- Your daily hip-hop & electronic music fix.

September 13, 2012 @ 08:10 PM
rabbitman

^ exercise really is a big deal. fills up time and kept me from doing some fucked up shit. also gives u more confidence in the long term once ur in shape

be careful what you pretend to be

September 13, 2012 @ 08:13 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

Do you think it has to do with you thinking too much about the past or too much about the future. This is usually 99% of the problems, once you start living in the now you will be good. There is no such thing as the "past" and the "future always remember that.

:)

September 13, 2012 @ 09:19 PM
frizurd

oh yea,
meditate

http://thatfix.com/ -- Your daily hip-hop & electronic music fix.

September 13, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
Black Donald Trump

dont get fucked up to fight depression, it will only make you lazier and more apathetic, you need to stay busy, make plans, produce, work, study etc. honestly best way to fight depression is to not think about it. see a psych if necessary but other than that try to go about your business as best you can.
September 13, 2012 @ 10:36 PM
Too Trill

lol @ "depression"

what do you have to be depressed about? Like is dope
September 16, 2012 @ 06:06 PM
Pantic

Dat depression sneaking up on me lately. Just working some dumb ass floor job in a supermarket and feel like i have no purpose with life right now and no goals. Drinking and fucking bitches isn't even fun anymore it just make me feel even more empty, only positive part of my daily life is my workout and like an hour after that.
September 16, 2012 @ 11:52 PM
Kilog

yeah, stay away from prozac and antidepressants. when I was trying to get an adderall script a couple years ago my doctor wanted me to try prozac first (I think to test if I was serious). I was planning on just saying I took them, but decided to try it cause I didn't think it would do anything. They actually feel great, you feel like your floating in a dream like state all the time, and you don't stress over life. But the side effects made me quit I gained like 20 pounds, my mood never had peaks or valleys, and had sexual side effects. The withdrawal was intense you get headaches, dizzyness, and it feel like your brain is vibrating and pulsing. Really fucked up drugs.
September 17, 2012 @ 12:06 AM
Mos

sex always works
September 17, 2012 @ 12:08 AM
oneallah

most of the time when im depressed i sit close my eyes and just be grateful for the thing i do still have and not the things that are making me depressed-then i just watch some spongebob and im good
September 17, 2012 @ 12:30 AM
escobarwon

go to wallmart and buy some st johns wart, its all herbal and helps fight depression helped me alot and yea like most people said just stay busy talk with friends and familly maybe find u a bitch to chill with who cares if shes ugly it will boost your confidence then when ur better dump her and dump her hard! good luck

twitter @ColombianCoke

September 17, 2012 @ 01:37 AM
farcus

If you're in school to be a pharmacist and you're treating depression as if it's some made-up disorder then that's pretty scary

Dude no one knows how to treat "depression", they say it's a disorder but after all the studying I've done on the subject, this is the conclusion I've come to... The pharmacy field is money driven they make billions on people who take anti-depressants,so of course they are gonah say it's a real disorder... Maybe it is, no one really knows for sure

Fourth year pharmacy student chipping in here. As far as depression is concern, there is no cure for this mental disorder with that said antidepressant whether they be prozac, sertraline, celexa, effexor, buspar or whatever can be used to alleviate the symptoms of depression. In school we remember the symptoms of depression as SIEGCAPS = sleep change, disinterest, energy lacking, guilt, concentration, appetite loss,psychomotor changes, and suicide thought. Now i'm sure you're experiencing at least a few of this as a proper diagnosis of depression requires at least 5 of the above mentioned symptoms for >2 week. I would suggest you talk to a psychologist (Psy.D or Ph.D) if you don't want to mess with the chemicals, but if you don't think you can handle it or its really rough I would contact a psychiatrist (MD/DO). Its important to realize that if you do take these medications THEY WILL NOT CURE and just make depression go away after a while of taking them but it will make you feel more at ease. Also generally it takes 4 weeks for you to even feel any significant clinically effect, with best control seen around 4-6 weeks. As far as side effect goes, they're all known to have varying degree of side effect, namely sexual dysfunction, weight gain, insomnia, and paradoxical anxiety. I hope you get better man, depression sucks. We all been through it...

As some have mentioned, go out and do something and definitely don't drink alcohol it'll fuck you over and make you more depressed. You like to skate? go bust a tre flip or something? you like to draw or make music? go do it? like to work out join a gym! thats what I did. It helps to keep your mind off of things that is bothering you. Unfortunately it usually takes a long time for it to go away on its own and often time its there for life with varying degrees.
September 17, 2012 @ 01:44 AM
farcus

Well the American Psychiatric Association classifies it as a mental disorder in the DSM, so I'll stick with them. Psychiatrists go through medical school, not pharmacy school, so I'll trust the research they have done over yours. Not trying to belittle your education and future career, I just have more faith in the research done by doctors.

I respect your opinion but there are a few fields in medicine where pharmacists are very knowledgeable if not more so, especially if their practice is around psychiatry. I just did a clinical rotation in a mental hospital, and the MD/DO all took heed of everything my preceptor mentioned in rounds. Another area is infectious disease. Oh and btw technically we're doctors too by our own rights, Doctor of Pharmacy, not a medical doctor
September 22, 2012 @ 04:49 AM
outchea

Just chill with some good people.

Please login first to reply.