Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 28, 2010 @ 02:52 PM
Dray

I woke up today looking at my flat screen tv, xbox 360 and ps3. That shit doesnt make me happy anymore. The world is such a big place. Anyone ever think about leaving everything behind and living in a slower paced society? I was thinking about the peace corps because im broke and they will pay for shit.
April 28, 2010 @ 02:53 PM
jaded

Yeah, please leave asap.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

April 28, 2010 @ 02:55 PM
Dray

Even if i leave the internet aint goin no wheresmile
April 28, 2010 @ 03:05 PM
Herban

There is no internet in Africa.
April 28, 2010 @ 03:05 PM
no0 v.2.0

"sick of society", lmao. cry baby as *****, all of these kids who said this shit in high school were some faggot losers who only listened to mos def and talib kwelli.
April 28, 2010 @ 03:07 PM
kilogram

i'll pm you my address so you can send me that flatscreen and consoles
April 28, 2010 @ 03:08 PM
Dray

^Is no one on this site capable of being serious?
I want to go to asia or south america. Africa would be a vacational visit
April 28, 2010 @ 03:09 PM
SantaDuJuan

I know how you feel man, travel and see the world. It makes you appreciate the things you see on a daily basis that much more.

Or try volunteering locally before joining the peace corps.
April 28, 2010 @ 03:11 PM
havok...

what happened to applying to Berkeley?
April 28, 2010 @ 03:13 PM
Dray

edit:^^dunno man i had a epiphany

I wouldnt consider myself a faggot ass loser. Dont you guys ever get sick of a repetitive life? I go to college get an "A" go home and repeat the same process. Will i have a decent paying job after graduating? Sure but so will millions of other people. When its all said and done that doesnt make me happy. Helping others make me happy. That might not seem cool to some of you but its a dream of mine.
April 28, 2010 @ 03:15 PM
Dray

I know how you feel man, travel and see the world. It makes you appreciate the things you see on a daily basis that much more.

Or try volunteering locally before joining the peace corps.

Exactly im going to look into some local things first but id love to explore the world.
April 28, 2010 @ 03:23 PM
SantaDuJuan

edit:^^dunno man i had a epiphany

I wouldnt consider myself a faggot ass loser. Dont you guys ever get sick of a repetitive life? I go to college get an "A" go home and repeat the same process. Will i have a decent paying job after graduating? Sure but so will millions of other people. When its all said and done that doesnt make me happy. Helping others make me happy. That might not seem cool to some of you but its a dream of mine.

Funny, I'm a Pre Med major for that very reason.
If you think not going to college will work for you then don't. But honestly man, you can choose a major that reflects the goals you want to achieve without "selling out".
April 28, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
Dray

Funny, I'm a Pre Med major for that very reason.
If you think not going to college will work for you then don't. But honestly man, you can choose a major that reflects the goals you want to achieve without "selling out".

Yeah thats why im majoring in criminal justice. Im definitely going to at least get my bachelors before i embark on adventures.
April 28, 2010 @ 03:37 PM
Dray

By the time i leave the next xbox will be out
April 28, 2010 @ 03:53 PM
young idiot

Maybe become a monk.
April 28, 2010 @ 04:01 PM
SK1

Just to let you know you probably won't get accepted to the Peace Corps. Its an extremely rigorous process to get accepted and most people that do go to prestigious universities. Also it does cost money to go and they do background checks, for example if you have bad credit you will be rejected automatically, and there's all kinds of other requirements. You also have to have your degree all ready I think.
April 28, 2010 @ 04:06 PM
Dray

Why is africa the place you guys assume i want to go to? Id love to see south america and asia
April 28, 2010 @ 04:07 PM
Dray

Just to let you know you probably won't get accepted to the Peace Corps. Its an extremely rigorous process to get accepted and most people that do go to prestigious universities. Also it does cost money to go and they do background checks, for example if you have bad credit you will be rejected automatically, and there's all kinds of other requirements. You also have to have your degree all ready I think.

Youre right ive been trying to find other organizations. I wouldnt mind paying out of my pocket.
April 28, 2010 @ 04:24 PM
TheOne

i'll pm you my address so you can send me that flatscreen and consoles

lol
April 28, 2010 @ 04:26 PM
ReZ

dray, is that your head in your avy
April 28, 2010 @ 04:28 PM
Virungă

I woke up today looking at my flat screen tv, xbox 360 and ps3. That shit doesnt make me happy anymore. The world is such a big place. Anyone ever think about leaving everything behind and living in a slower paced society? I was thinking about the peace corps because im broke and they will pay for shit.

Yeah don't do this, I used to live with these fuckers in Kenya and basically your objective is not to help the poor people of the world, the reason your there is to be a human intelligence asset for the state department.

The send you into the field and you are expected to gain trust with local leaders and be a passive observer recording everything that occurs in your local area. Then every six months you are brought back stateside and rigorously debriefed and sent out again.

This shit is the norm I was in Kenya in the 90's and its still occurring today.

www.inthesetimes.com/article/3562/
April 28, 2010 @ 04:30 PM
Dray

Yeah don't do this, I used to live with these fuckers in Kenya and basically your objective is not to help the poor people of the world, the reason your there is to be a human intelligence asset for the state department.

The send you into the field and you are expected to gain trust with local leaders and be a passive observer recording everything that occurs in your local area. Then every six months you are brought back stateside and rigorously debriefed and sent out again.

Would u reccomend any other programs?
April 28, 2010 @ 04:42 PM
belle mensonge

They don't pay that much, barely anything at all
April 28, 2010 @ 04:55 PM
OmegaSvpreme

Become a missionary.
April 28, 2010 @ 05:20 PM
Herban

Why is africa the place you guys assume i want to go to? Id love to see south america and asia

Is this a serious question? suprised
April 28, 2010 @ 05:22 PM
Dray

Is this a serious question? suprised

Yes.
April 28, 2010 @ 05:56 PM
BIRTH

"sick of society", lmao. cry baby as *****, all of these kids who said this shit in high school were some faggot losers who only listened to mos def and talib kwelli.

Who could probably buy you by now.

April 28, 2010 @ 06:01 PM
SK1

I see you're looking at other options, but I'd just like to add that the Peace Corps was kicked out of Bolivia recently and other countries in South America because they were supplying information to the C.I.A. When Bolivia sent them packing they Bolivia was backed by the U.N. after an investigation. So they aren't so innocent either.

My sister is doing a program right now called WorldTeach, don't know too much about it but she is in Colombia, you might want to google it or something.
April 28, 2010 @ 06:03 PM
Dray

I see you're looking at other options, but I'd just like to add that the Peace Corps was kicked out of Bolivia recently and other countries in South America because they were supplying information to the C.I.A. When Bolivia sent them packing they Bolivia was backed by the U.N. after an investigation. So they aren't so innocent either.

My sister is doing a program right now called WorldTeach, don't know too much about it but she is in Colombia, you might want to google it or something.

Thanks man appreciate it
April 28, 2010 @ 06:03 PM
Joao.

Nothing truly reflects your contempt for society as posting on an internet forum.

Please login first to reply.