April 26, 2010 @ 05:31 PM
PKMN Trainer Red

has anyone moved out right after graduating to another state?
of course, with your parents help financially.
how was it? hard to make new friend?
April 26, 2010 @ 06:56 PM
Dray

Stay at home, stack dough and ball outta control. Only drawback is bringing girls over but other than that i dont have to worry about rent or groceries and i can buy virtually whatever i want. You have the rest of your life ahead of u to live by yourself and pay bills. Freeload as long as u can.
April 26, 2010 @ 07:00 PM
CONQ

where u wanna move?
April 26, 2010 @ 07:59 PM
PKMN Trainer Red

where u wanna move?

ny.
April 26, 2010 @ 08:03 PM
CanvasO8

ny.

sounds like a really bad idea man. are you even aware about the cost of living in New York? let alone supporting yourself there with a job outta highschool...
April 26, 2010 @ 08:04 PM
JayLovesPinays

ny.

You and everyone else. Stay at home and save cash.
April 26, 2010 @ 08:13 PM
Tronic

If your parents are so wealthy that you yourself will never have to work a day in your life, then yea, get the fuck outta your house.

Otherwise, stay at home, finish school and by then you'll have alot more of an outlook on life and you'll know (or you should know) exactly what it is you want to do.

Moving out on a post-high school whim just for the sake of being cool or following hallowed dreams isn't worth the stress you'll put on your parents income, and on yourself.
April 26, 2010 @ 08:14 PM
zyezye

straight outta highschool is a mad stupid move if you aren't ready.

unless you're talking about moving out as in dorming in another state or some shit.

I hear plenty of horror stories from friends moving out straight outta HS and rarely any good ones.
April 26, 2010 @ 08:20 PM
nostalgia

Stay at home, stack dough and ball outta control. Only drawback is bringing girls over but other than that i dont have to worry about rent or groceries and i can buy virtually whatever i want. You have the rest of your life ahead of u to live by yourself and pay bills. Freeload as long as u can.

Next thing you know your gonna be 30 and saying this, right on!
April 26, 2010 @ 08:23 PM
PKMN Trainer Red

i plan to dorm, of course.
aint no way im livin in an apartment lol.
anyone dormed out of state far from their parents?
story? pro? cons?
April 26, 2010 @ 08:26 PM
Joe907

I got an apartment when I started college and it works nice, I get along with my parents a lot better now that I don't live with them.
April 26, 2010 @ 08:28 PM
iiinfinity

I'm in the same boat. Debating whether to move out for school or not. I'll be living in a dorm as well.
April 26, 2010 @ 08:31 PM
C_Augustus_O

i did, its not as hard as you you think. As long as you get you priorities straight you would be alright. Balancing work and school could be hard at times tho but you are getting support from the fam so you should be good.

Getting your own apartment is cheaper than dorm, plus living with others sucks

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

April 26, 2010 @ 08:36 PM
zyezye

aite, dorms are completely different from just moving out, you shoulda posted that in your first post.

you'll get homesick.
you pay for every fucking thing.
your roommate might be a dick and that'll cause a lot or problems, but if they chill thats a bonus.
depending where you're staying, free wifi.
showers are a thing you don't really look forward to but have to do.
privacy? forget it.
the beds are shit. so uncomfortable.
theres plenty more.

imho unless its a really really good school and its really far away, dorms aren't worth it.

if you still wanna move out but not dorm and you have a decent job, bachelor apartments are cheap.
April 26, 2010 @ 08:37 PM
Dray

Next thing you know your gonna be 30 and saying this, right on!

Im only 18 homie. Im staying home till i get a degree and a career job.
April 26, 2010 @ 08:41 PM
iiinfinity

aite, dorms are completely different from just moving out, you shoulda posted that in your first post.

you'll get homesick.
you pay for every fucking thing.
your roommate might be a dick and that'll cause a lot or problems, but if they chill thats a bonus.
depending where you're staying, free wifi.
showers are a thing you don't really look forward to but have to do.
privacy? forget it.
the beds are shit. so uncomfortable.
theres plenty more.

imho unless its a really really good school and its really far away, dorms aren't worth it.

if you still wanna move out but not dorm and you have a decent job, bachelor apartments are cheap.

Why would showering be an issue? In the dorm I might stay, there's two bedrooms, and then a bathroom and kitchen.
And really? I thought there would be more privacy there then at home.
April 26, 2010 @ 08:45 PM
belle mensonge

Well. I moved out the house I shared w/ my family... not a different state, but a different county.. no help and I'm pretty bawlin right now living in a pretty nice sized house right now with my friends.. up until I move again in another month.. that will be to a different state...again, no help from my parents w/ that one either. Its all about money management, and knowing the right ppl. I ain't strugglin.
April 26, 2010 @ 09:13 PM
zyezye

Why would showering be an issue? In the dorm I might stay, there's two bedrooms, and then a bathroom and kitchen.
And really? I thought there would be more privacy there then at home.

the one i was at was shared. major Fail.
April 26, 2010 @ 09:25 PM
iiinfinity

the one i was at was shared. major Fail.

Oh, that could be why. My friend did tell me that most of the dorm bathrooms are pretty nasty though.
April 26, 2010 @ 09:32 PM
Jamie Dimon

What college are you going to in NY?

NY's pretty expensive to live in alone.
Cigs for $10/pack ftl

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

April 27, 2010 @ 02:06 AM
TheOne

has anyone moved out right after graduating to another state?
of course, with your parents help financially.
how was it? hard to make new friend?

murdaaa, don't worry about it brah you still got 6 years til your graduate
April 27, 2010 @ 02:35 AM
Dray

^^shots fuckin fired!
April 27, 2010 @ 02:45 AM
Spankbank

^Lmaoooo

What school in NY you planning to go to? I went far upstate for my first 2 years of college... I loved it and hated it.
I got home sick as fuck at random times, I missed seeing my parents as weird as it sounds. Tho, I loved the freedom, it was amazing. My roommates were dope as fuck which made the experience 2x better.
I transferred because my parents wanted me closer so I could go back on weekends.

BUT, just try it, it'll be an experience. If you don't like it just transfer back closer to home. Easy as that.
April 27, 2010 @ 05:11 AM
Lew

It's not hard at all, I moved out when I was 17 straight out of highschool. As long as you have your priorities straights and you're responsible I honestly don't see the big deal.
April 27, 2010 @ 06:06 AM
slugg

I moved out. First to texas, then to missouri, then to England. And now I'm in kyrgyzstan for 6 months. how you ask? all thanks to mom and pop, aka the US Air Force
April 27, 2010 @ 10:55 AM
!OhYesHeDid!

i moved out straight from high school. doing pretty well for myself. was tough at first but you learn as you go. doing pretty well for myslef now.
April 27, 2010 @ 11:05 AM
SantaDuJuan

Moving into dorms after highschool is chill man, just pray you don't get a lame roommate, and buy a foam whaterver because the mattresses are terrible.
April 27, 2010 @ 11:20 AM
Virungă

I moved out. First to texas, then to missouri, then to England. And now I'm in kyrgyzstan for 6 months. how you ask? all thanks to mom and pop, aka the US Air Force

Damn which Generals Daughter did you get caught fucking to get sent to Kyrgyzstan ???
April 27, 2010 @ 12:01 PM
koin

i did, was still too immature and cared too much about having fun then actually going to work and messed it all up.

twitter.com/billdote

April 27, 2010 @ 12:19 PM
Clothes_addict

Well after high school I got an apartment for college. My parents pay for everything. I'm still in the same state but several hours away from home. If you're responsible it's pretty easy, friends are easy to mkae especially at school. Im not sure if you're planning on going to school though. I've been living in my apartment for almost a year now. If you think youre responsible enough do it. I wouldn't move in with a friend though.

Please login first to reply.