Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 21, 2010 @ 12:57 PM
Mr.Doback

So I just got a phone call from my agency that I received an internship from. I'm going to sum the conversation up as it just states facts, but the basic gyst of the call was,

"You stated on your form that you have done some type of drug in the past 12 months, it is highly possibly that it will affect your ability to receive the internship here. Would you like to continue?"

Apparently they give a call to all people with this on their form as a heads up saying its possible we will deny your job, do you want to continue or no. My situation is that I smoked weed back in like August and I'd say maybe a couple months before, I can't remember. Anyways, I had to list how many times and what it was in the past year.

So now im stressed out and can't write this damn paper thats due at 720 tonight, anyone have insight?

btw the agency is Department of Homeland Security
April 21, 2010 @ 01:06 PM
Virungă

Dude you fucked up

Never admit to any kind of drug use Ever
April 21, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
It's Only Hype

i thought lying wouldve worked *shrug*
April 21, 2010 @ 01:10 PM
havok...

i thought lying wouldve worked *shrug*

April 21, 2010 @ 01:19 PM
faust

you're retarded lol.
April 21, 2010 @ 01:22 PM
kvc06

Why the hell would you admit to that?
April 21, 2010 @ 01:42 PM
Mr.Doback

well the reasoning behind telling is quite simple. They request the last time you have done any drug, what kind, and the number of times. Therefore, when/if I have a polygraph, and they interview my friends/coworkers/bosses, if there are any discrepancy I am automatically denied, no questions and no appeals process.

However, if I do fess up, the appeals process is available as well as I have the ability to speak with my adjudicator about my usage.

make sense? the thing is, I wonder if they will deny me or if anyone else has run into this situation for an internship while in college.
April 21, 2010 @ 02:01 PM
gaws

just tell them you smoked weed once and you hated it and will never do it again lol
April 21, 2010 @ 02:26 PM
Vicodin

Dude you fucked up

Never admit to any kind of drug use Ever

speaks the truth and anyways if u did it in august there no way it would come up on a Drug test that was like more than 5 months ago
April 21, 2010 @ 02:39 PM
Dental Plan

well the reasoning behind telling is quite simple. They request the last time you have done any drug, what kind, and the number of times. Therefore, when/if I have a polygraph, and they interview my friends/coworkers/bosses, if there are any discrepancy I am automatically denied, no questions and no appeals process.

However, if I do fess up, the appeals process is available as well as I have the ability to speak with my adjudicator about my usage.

make sense? the thing is, I wonder if they will deny me or if anyone else has run into this situation for an internship while in college.

you shouldve just lied

polygraph tests are just a bunch of bullshit and theyre easy to cheat
April 21, 2010 @ 02:46 PM
sellme

lol.. there's no fucking way they give an intern a polygraph. Besides, although I'm not sure about the United States, in Canada polygraphs don't fly in court unless it's related to a criminal investigation.

Next time

April 21, 2010 @ 03:10 PM
ColtM733

I got a secret clearance only because I'm in the Army.
dude u should have lied..
April 21, 2010 @ 03:22 PM
Virungă

Polygraphs are illegal when it comes to getting a job
April 21, 2010 @ 03:23 PM
hypoh

Yes, most likely you're out of the running for the internship for obvious reasons.
April 21, 2010 @ 04:16 PM
metalslug

damn dawg you gon dun fucked up
April 21, 2010 @ 04:26 PM
chris dibiase

you shouldve just lied

polygraph tests are just a bunch of bullshit and theyre easy to cheat

Agreed. Just curious, which position/agency is this for?
April 21, 2010 @ 04:50 PM
Mr.Doback

Department of Homeland Security, I am going for a TS.

I shot an email to my hiring manager asking about the phone call I received and trying to see if i can find something out, without telling them why I am being questioned.
April 21, 2010 @ 06:43 PM

Inactive

Do not deny anything. That's all I'll say. If you do, you can face felony charges. Also, you'll get an interview with an agent regarding your information. I'll say the interview will take about 2 hours to verify your information. You'll be able to explain yourself to them then also. They're gonna show you the badge and you are sworn to tell the truth.
April 21, 2010 @ 10:06 PM
Mr.Doback

George Mason University.

And yes, thats why I did not lie about it, truth is simple, but sometimes painful.

thanks guys

Please login first to reply.