Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
April 11, 2010 @ 08:56 PM
STI Guy

i hope we tear down religion during my life time. i will cry from happiness.
April 11, 2010 @ 09:08 PM
drewAM

but see, i read the damn article, and in reality, no matter how much reading you do of the world bullshit and corruptions, there isn't a single thing you can do about it aside from writing a letter of how gosh darn angry you are. or post in a forum where only few would read your frustrations anyhow. I know your mad, but im not an important figure that has a power to console you. so your rage is meaningless.

your getting mad because we want a simple explanation of what its about. im pretty sure you didnt read all of Othello or Macbeth and resorted to cliffnotes or something similar...

No important figure has/ever had the power to console me. And I could not disagree more that there is nothing that nothing can be done about the corruption in this world. When enough people realize that there is something wrong with what is happening in the world, they do something about it. But that can only happen when there are many informed people who are willing to take action. THAT is the reason it is so frustrating to see people just shrug off reading some articles about something as important as a guy who influences millions of people all around the world, and how he may very well be abusing his power.

No, I never read Othello or Macbeth; they weren't assignments in my classes. But I don't pretend I did read them and make uneducated comments about them either. When I hear them come up in conversation, I want to be part of the discussion, which is why those two, along with Catch-22, Catcher In The Rye, and several others are sitting on my desk waiting for me to get a break in schoolwork.

FUCK MY NIGGER DAD

April 11, 2010 @ 09:09 PM
nostalgia

The priest raped over 200 deaf children. Instead of holding a canonical trial and defrocking the priest, the current pope while he was an archbishop had him moved to a different church where he worked with children for another 24 years.

It would be like if a cop raped 200 women and his boss just moved him from Jersey to Milwaukee instead of firing him and protected him from going to court. The boss would be guilty of obstruction of justice in the least and accomplice at most.

The pope isn't the fucking justice system, if everyone was so damn made arrest the priest. The pope can't arrest somebody, yes, he has tons of power, but its not his fault.
April 11, 2010 @ 09:21 PM
mjbasilio

Im a christian but i couldnt give a fuck about the pope. Fuck all these child molesting weirdos. I hope they film his arrest on cops.

Dray I think you're very opinionated, which is a good thing, but don't be ignorant. just because some weak corrupted priest messed up big time, smh, doesn't mean all priest or everyone who is in service of the catholic church are child molesters. Also, you must be fooling yourself if you believe that child molestation charges have only been dealt with in the catholic church. there are many other cases like this in baptist, methodist, evangelical, etc. churches as well. It's so happens that its more exploited towards the catholic church because they have more recognition in the media, and not because they have more cases like this than other christians. this also goes for Judaism, Islam, Mormon,( even Atheists have been charged with this crime) etc.

this. they're not christians

yea because this is so true because, you say so. and that's what some evangelicals push in their preaching.
If you look at it Historically, and not solely on what you believe, you wouldn't be saying that. The person who all christians base their faith on, is Jesus, and Jesus had apostles, one of them was Peter. Before Jesus died, He told Peter to go and build and continue on his teachings and his church. Peter (the first pope)then started the Universal Church. aka The Catholic church many of the early christians belonged to that church. Its just so happens after years of debate within that church, many of them spilt to form other denominations of christianity.

word. in a sense i totally agree with you. I would rather live in a world of beliefs instead of religions.
meaning that having faith in your beliefs is a great thing, but pushing and arguing about whose religion is right or better is terrible. it's as if they all forget one of the greatest rules in all of their religions, which is respect for others and for yourself.
April 12, 2010 @ 12:04 AM
blake

christians dont give a fuck about the pope anyway. its funny cuz we all pretty much believe in same thing.
April 12, 2010 @ 12:22 AM
ftp504

Actually The Catholic Church(The Church described in Acts of the Apostles) Differs greatly in theology compared to "reformed" churches.
April 12, 2010 @ 04:25 AM
exhale

April 12, 2010 @ 08:18 AM
AlphaTrion

The pope isn't the fucking justice system, if everyone was so damn made arrest the priest. The pope can't arrest somebody, yes, he has tons of power, but its not his fault.

Did you read what I wrote?

He stopped the process that would censure him, then MOVED him so he could CONTINUE working with children. It's not like this happened without him being aware. He deliberately took efforts to protect the priest from retribution.
April 12, 2010 @ 11:52 AM
Movement187

I'm an Atheist, this is a huge victory for me against the hypocrisy of some christians.

Catholicism =/= Christianity
April 12, 2010 @ 11:54 AM
db_cooper

April 12, 2010 @ 11:58 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

who's to consider the pope as the holiest man alive? in what standard?

fuck this grimey looking old fart.

GO TO HELL~

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

April 12, 2010 @ 12:15 PM
widgwok

richard dawkins for the muthafuckin' win! cool cool
April 12, 2010 @ 02:24 PM
drewAM

One small but HUGE detail here.....The Vatican is its own sovereign nation. It's actually the SMALLEST country on earth. Now the problem i see here is that if they are a sovereign nation, they have the right of so called "border control" and the right to deal with any problem as any country sees fit.

...so how can ANYone go arrest the Pope for that matter? seems like an ambitious but impossible proposition.

Look at the first line of the article.

FUCK MY NIGGER DAD

April 12, 2010 @ 03:58 PM
OmegaSvpreme

Most likely will. God is gonna destroy all these fake religions.. says so in the Bible. I CANT FUCKING WAIT TILL ARMAGEDDON
April 12, 2010 @ 04:04 PM
HandsOfZeus

grrrr the church is evil. religion is the cause for wars, the world would be better if everyone was atheist because we all know Hitler, Stalin, and Mao didn't kill that much people.

You sir are an idiot.
April 12, 2010 @ 04:05 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Most likely will. God is gonna destroy all these fake religions.. says so in the Bible.I CANT FUCKING WAIT TILL ARMAGEDDON

lol
April 12, 2010 @ 04:47 PM
Envme83

Catholicism =/= Christianity

Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity. It is the original and largest denomination of Christianity.
April 12, 2010 @ 05:11 PM
AlphaTrion

grrrr the church is evil. religion is the cause for wars, the world would be better if everyone was atheist because we all know Hitler, Stalin, and Mao didn't kill that much people.

They didn't kill people because they were atheist. They killed people because that adhered to a dogmatic belief system that clouded judgment and reason...sounds kind of familiar.
April 12, 2010 @ 07:40 PM
CHIEFxIRONLUNG

...that clouded judgment and reason...sounds kind of familiar.

burn!

Please login first to reply.