April 9, 2010 @ 03:48 AM
STI Guy

just a theory: this funeralfab has some top grade blackmailing material on kevin and he doesn't want word to get out.
April 9, 2010 @ 03:55 AM
k2dedication

he was rite tho. kevin dont give a fucc about us. hes jus in it for the money and magazine interviews. if he cared about the true hbers he would post in the forum and interact with us. shyt even michael jordan played with regular ass ppl on the street who wore jordans. last time i even heard cuzz talk about hb was in "antenna magazine" a few years bacc.

show respect to the ppl who put dollars in your poccet

youtu.be/8L5K5z4HAdA

April 9, 2010 @ 03:55 AM
Carlton C-Note Banks

if you aint from 06-07, you wouldn't understand.

you new cats dont get that HB, mostly the OT, used to be like a small community, and when you keep talking to members on these forums from 06 till now, you know that HB OT isnt a regular forum, theres something there. so losing Helgen is a MAJOR loss to the community. he, who contributed so much, from drunken fight stories and online threats, to life lessons. Helgen was/is the story teller of the neighborhood, one who gives laughs, wisdom, and knowledge from experience.

although i can agree that a lot of people not from back then wouldn't understand, this isn't the first forum i've visited. i've been part of these kinds of close knit community type things with people that you start to actually get to know, just on other places i've visited. i know what it's like when influential people leave a big hole in a community (this applies to things beyond the internet as well)

btw since this thread was made there's been an increase in people hating on newer members lol
April 9, 2010 @ 03:57 AM
Kevin Ma

Helgen,

Call me all the names you want because this is exactly the attitude I did not want our mods to promote.

Thank you and best of luck on your future endeavors. I'm sure you are able to make a better forum than I can.

Peace,
Kevin

HYPEBEAST.COM

April 9, 2010 @ 03:58 AM
Carlton C-Note Banks

all i know at this point are the details that helgen shared but how do you expect helgen to react to this after spending so much time here to have his position taken

anyone else think of this clip after helgen's last post?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqMiigy92qU
April 9, 2010 @ 03:58 AM
zyezye

@ zyezye; So true... i mean just coz its an online forum doesn't mean you can't get to know people... i mean after all talking to the same people basically everyday for 4 years, you get to know them pretty well...

yeah, you also pretty much see em grow up as a person( also in style ). OT was basiclly a Highschool experiance from the start back in 06-07, everyone was Rowdy and all that when they first came here. then we grew up, hell I even remember when someone posted they got married on the wdywt thread. We Gave Knowledge and Wisdom and Gained Knowledge and Wisdom from others. And thats what Helgens been practically been doing even before he was mod. I won't lie, I've gained alot of wisdom on these forums in the past from serious threads, to pms, to late night SB talks.

just sad to see someone like helgen go
April 9, 2010 @ 04:03 AM
deadpooL

RIP HB OT.

wordlife.
April 9, 2010 @ 04:04 AM
Helgen

Helgen,

Call me all the names you want because this is exactly the attitude I did not want our mods to promote.

Thank you and best of luck on your future endeavors. I'm sure you are able to make a better forum than I can.

Peace,
Kevin

This is the attitude that you brought upon me by acting like a greedy coward, a back stabber and a messy site owner. I am not calling you names, I am stating what you are. There is a difference. You are greedy, you do not care for me or the people who have helped you because you make them do your dirty work for you without paying them or compensating them even though your site is worth millions, and you are even trying to act sarcastic toward my anger? Hmph.

You think I am supposed to be acting all peachy keen knowing a place that I am helping for free doesn't pay me shit and sometimes has announcements to help out expecting me to feel good and dandy about that? You got the wrong dude, homey. This is a "street" site, right? We don't be held by collars on the street, we tie them.

You never did shit to help your moderators, even though some have poured out that they needed help, you never post shit, you are rarely active here, nobody really knows you... What kind of site owner is that? You make everyone else do you your work for you. You are good at manipulating people who you think have no clue as to what's going on behind the scenes. I am just one year younger than you, I know how shit works and you are not fooling anyone.

Will you compensate me for all the help, insight, new levels and so forth that I brought here? No, right? But I do commend you for not breaking your cool and banning me.

You know I am the fucking voice of this forum, that's why you can't.
April 9, 2010 @ 04:07 AM
Boy Jones

fuck that. this kevin guy makes me not even want to be on hypebeast
April 9, 2010 @ 04:09 AM
ThaGame

I can't wait until i meet you in new york kevin cool
April 9, 2010 @ 04:12 AM
STI Guy

weird. i thought helgen's type of attitude was what brought more hits to this website, generating more cash for this website. i wonder how much money i made for this website with all the arguing and bullshit i've given other members of this forum.
April 9, 2010 @ 04:12 AM
Helgen

In shorter words, this dude gives someone with no play a job instead of a long time respected member who has a small family, then not only demotes him; though from a small position, but one which could lead to something higher, but also totally turns his back on him. Tell me who is wrong here.
April 9, 2010 @ 04:14 AM
Kevin Ma

This is the attitude that you brought upon me by acting like a greedy coward, a back stabber and a messy site owner. I am not calling you names, I am stating what you are. There is a difference. You are greedy, you do not care for me or the people who have helped you because you make them do your dirty work for you without paying them or compensating them even though your site is worth millions, and you are even trying to act sarcastic toward my anger? Hmph.

Will you compensate me for all the help, insight, new levels and so forth that I brought here? No, right? But I do commend you for not breaking your cool and banning me.

You know I am the fucking voice of this forum, that's why you can't.

Call me whatever you need. It's all good.

If I didn't care, I wouldn't have actively supported our members like JKISSI or Lochness.

HYPEBEAST.COM

April 9, 2010 @ 04:14 AM
Boy Jones

they better not delete this thread or there will be hell to pay
April 9, 2010 @ 04:17 AM
Kevin Ma

Helgen,

I gave you a chance to help us out in January on some photography but you never came back to me afterwards.

If you want, I can pull out the email transcripts.

Thanks

HYPEBEAST.COM

April 9, 2010 @ 04:20 AM
k2dedication

weird. i thought helgen's type of attitude was what brought more hits to this website, generating more cash for this website. i wonder how much money i made for this website with all the arguing and bullshit i've given other members of this forum.

i was just thinkin the same....kevin straight up pimpin hb. he needs to fix this shyt a.s.a.p. everytime we google this shyt he makes money. every time we refer this site he makes money. i better get a free fuccin hb shirt or sumthin in the mail! all the muthafuccaz i done introduced to the site

youtu.be/8L5K5z4HAdA

April 9, 2010 @ 04:22 AM
Carlton C-Note Banks

i smell dat mutiny
April 9, 2010 @ 04:23 AM
iSTi

Man this is some fucked up shit.All these informative threads and posts from helgen are gone.
fuck that new mod ***** can;t even post in the right section
April 9, 2010 @ 04:24 AM
N1njai

Helgen,

I gave you a chance to help us out in January on some photography but you never came back to me afterwards.

Thanks

Anyone else wanna see this?
April 9, 2010 @ 04:24 AM
STI Guy

hey admin, just by reading all the responses from this single thread, don't you think you may have made a bad decision?
April 9, 2010 @ 04:28 AM
Boy Jones

im pretty sure its been established that funeralfag has no place here. Any topic he starts will probably get flamed because of this. he will forever have 7 posts.
April 9, 2010 @ 04:46 AM
Beez

okay i read through this entire thread and i have a few things i want to say...

being an 06 member ive been going on this site continually and i can say that helgen was an integral part to this forum. im not going to lie, i argued more with ant but dude kept it real and that was something i respected and liked. not only did he keep things real but i did notice him going out of his way to help people and positively put in effort whether it was organizing the forum, putting valuable info in threads, sharing stories about his travels and experiences which held substance, and putting ppl in line. the thing with helgen was that he knew when to put a limit on things or his actions, of course he'd express his opinion but he'd only go so far, not over the line and he didn't degrade things rather upgrade ppl's voices/expressions/responses in a way. that's another thing i respected about helgen as a mod.

at least he was active with the forum unlike the admin.

and it's true when you have been on a forum for years you know people and they are really like your friends in real life just like helgen said. and losing someone or finding the higher powers abuse a respectable cat that's put in time like he did is straight up wack. bad form. wrong.

and one hudred with it, if the admin didn't want helgen to be a mod or was planning something specifically he could've done it in a more professional and reasonable manner. you don't just throw someone off like that, that's shady and disrespectful as f*. and to give his spot/authority to some noob, funeralsomething, who doesn't even know what's going on and makes a thread about how many women are on here? that's gully and i'm shocked that an incident like this could happen easily.

finally what everyone's feelin about what happen to helgen is how i felt with the official filipino/bebot thread (which started all the female appreciation threads (not only on HB but SUFU, ISS, NT, etc). i tried pm'ing the admin bout that thread and no response ever.

okay im done.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

April 9, 2010 @ 04:59 AM
alex.

funeralfab makes me not visit hb and not listen to fabolous anymore, smh.
April 9, 2010 @ 05:04 AM
k2dedication

Helgen,

Thanks

notice he said "HELP us out" he aint say shyt about gettin paid

youtu.be/8L5K5z4HAdA

April 9, 2010 @ 05:26 AM
VANCITY

guess you gotta venture out if you wanna do something like JKISSI and those dudes, mad fucked up what the owners did though
April 9, 2010 @ 05:31 AM
Santiago Regal

I dont know Helgen that good but, I always thought of him as a staid dude, laid back, and very contributing.

Its sad that things go this way, its messed up.

You got my respect big homie, and I know that most of the HB fam feels the same way.
April 9, 2010 @ 05:33 AM
TheSecondComin

Man this is bullshit.
Fuck you Kevin.
Hypebeast has lost the quality it has had over the years anyway.

i kickapop quit hypebeast.

Everyone from HB SF are queers. Especially the interns, this place ain't the same no more now that it's flooded with herbs ...like that little kid swagson.

Sean said it well.

Peace.
April 9, 2010 @ 06:10 AM
Phlipstar

Crazy to see how many older members, even the lurkers come out and support. Shit's crazy though. All I gotta say is, from personal experience, Hel is one cool ass dude... Respect.
April 9, 2010 @ 06:16 AM
drtmcgrt

God damn alot of shit happened over night while I was sleeping. Wow. Sorry to hear about all of this, Helgen.

http://instagram.com/rasheedovich/

April 9, 2010 @ 06:18 AM
thenorthside

I wish you all the best in the future man. Enjoy life and fuck the bullshit.

co-sign.
this is fucked up. based solely on the number of responses in this thread, you can see what helgen has done for hb.

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.