FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
July 24, 2010 @ 11:09 PM
BurningBible

If you believe in God you feel he has limitations?

Retarded.

Many of the most influential people on the planet believe in God and many of the most noninfluential people on the planet believe in God. Believing in a higher being does not make you weak, being weak makes you weak.

Many of the most influential people on the planet don't believe in God and many of the most non-influential people on the planet don't believe in God. Believing in a higher being does make you weak; you are placing someone/something higher than yourself meaning you have doubts about your own self-worth and potential in the world.
July 25, 2010 @ 04:30 AM
Space Dandy

suspended

July 27, 2010 @ 10:24 AM
kilogram

You just copped yourself a one way ticket to the fiery pitt. lol
No repentence or grief can save you now.

lmao, i want to go to pittsburgh too
July 27, 2010 @ 01:15 PM
whenarichniggawantU

Stephen Hawking has said he doesn't doubt that God exist. Arguably the most cosmic intelligent person of the past century has said he doesn't doubt in God.

Who the fuck are you?

July 27, 2010 @ 01:27 PM
Trollinator

when you got to heaven what do you do up there, i do know you guys get to praise the lord and be happy since your with jesus, but what are your guys task once you guys are in heaven?????

I want to see the world burn

July 27, 2010 @ 01:32 PM
Dontkillbill

when you got to heaven what do you do up there, i do know you guys get to praise the lord and be happy since your with jesus, but what are your guys task once you guys are in heaven?????

Eat ice cream all day
July 27, 2010 @ 02:06 PM
kilogram

Concerning biological evolution, the Church does not have an official position on whether various life forms developed over the course of time. However, it says that, if they did develop, then they did so under the impetus and guidance of God, and their ultimate creation must be ascribed to him.

Concerning human evolution, the Church has a more definite teaching. It allows for the possibility that man
July 27, 2010 @ 02:12 PM
Axraexl

For the record
Catholicism does not equal Christianity.

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

July 27, 2010 @ 02:14 PM
Dontkillbill

For the record
Catholicism does not equal Christianity.

I've never really understood that. Can you explain to me pleasse?
July 27, 2010 @ 05:16 PM
vc6x!

if i sat in a chair and talked like a computer would you listen to me too? cool
July 27, 2010 @ 05:45 PM
Axraexl

I've never really understood that. Can you explain to me pleasse?

For one, Catholicism has several pagan rituals and beliefs imbedded in its theology.
For instance, The pictures of Jesus with the Sun behind his head.
That is a indirect reprsentation of the Egyptian Sun God "Horus"
Moreover, Catholics assume Jesus was born on Dec 25 when Egyptian mytholgy states that Horus (again) was born on that date.
It is also very corrupt, thats why you find priest and popes molesting kids and what not.

July 27, 2010 @ 07:30 PM
OmegaSvpreme

For one, Catholicism has several pagan rituals and beliefs imbedded in its theology.
Moreover, Catholics assume Jesus was born on Dec 25 when Egyptian mytholgy states that Horus (again) was born on that date.
It is also very corrupt, thats why you find priest and popes molesting kids and what not.

+1 for someone realizing that.
July 27, 2010 @ 07:36 PM
JayLovesPinays

Who gives a fuck? Jesus, Horus, they're basically the same fictional character.
July 27, 2010 @ 07:40 PM

Inactive

MAH NlGGA
July 27, 2010 @ 07:51 PM
WHS.

atheist are the easiest religion to troll.
July 27, 2010 @ 07:55 PM
kush1086

This is completely FALSE. You clearly show your lack of intelligence/history by posting something like this. You watched the movie "Zeitgeist" and now take it as doctrine. Horus was not born on dec 25th.

Here is a great article on why we Celebrate Jesus Birthday on Dec 25:
www.catholicintl.com/catholicissues/scriptural-chronologies1.htm
July 27, 2010 @ 07:58 PM
kush1086

Obviously you have no idea what your talking about. Please List one of these rituals or beliefs and i will correct you on it because you are completely wrong.
July 27, 2010 @ 08:02 PM
Electric Devil

the starter of this thread should be banned
July 27, 2010 @ 08:06 PM
July 27, 2010 @ 08:23 PM
kush1086

Let us see what the earliest church fathers taught about Catholicism:

"wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."
Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to the Smyrneans, 8:2 (c. A.D. 110)

Something you probably didn't know is Ignatius of Antioch was a student of JOHN THE APOSTLE!

"[N]or does it consist in this, that he should again falsely imagine, as being above this [fancied being], a Pleroma at one time supposed to contain thirty, and at another time an innumerable tribe of Aeons, as these teachers who are destitute of truly divine wisdom maintain; while the Catholic Church possesses one and the same faith throughout the whole world, as we have already said." Irenaeus, Against Heresies, 1:10,3 (A.D. 180).

Irenaeus also preached Apostolic succession and the supremacy of Rome:

Teaching on Apostolic succession:
"it is within the power of all, therefore, in every Church, who may wish to see the truth, to contemplate clearly the tradition of the apostles manifested throughout the whole world; and we are in a position to reckon up those who were by the apostles instituted bishops in the Churches, and [to demonstrate] the succession of these men to our own times; those who neither taught nor knew of anything like what these [heretics] rave about. For if the apostles had known hidden mysteries, which they were in the habit of imparting to “the perfect” apart and privily from the rest, they would have delivered them especially to those to whom they were also committing the Churches themselves. For they were desirous that these men should be very perfect and blameless in all things, whom also they were leaving behind as their successors, delivering up their own place of government to these men"

Teaching on Primacy of the Church of Rome:
"Since, however, it would be very tedious, in such a volume as this, to reckon up the successions of all the Churches, we do put to confusion all those who, in whatever manner, whether by an evil self-pleasing, by vainglory, or by blindness and perverse opinion, assemble in unauthorized meetings; [we do this, I say,] by indicating that tradition derived from the apostles, of the very great, the very ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul; as also [by pointing out] the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means of the successions of the bishops. For it is a matter of necessity that every Church should agree with this Church, on account of its preeminent authority, that is, the faithful everywhere, inasmuch as the tradition has been preserved continuously by those [faithful men] who exist everywhere"
July 27, 2010 @ 08:44 PM
Axraexl

Obviously you have no idea what your talking about. Please List one of these rituals or beliefs and i will correct you on it because you are completely wrong.

Wait a minute here, I have never watched Zeitgeist so I dont know how you are making these assumptions, but yes I said what I meant.
So want me to list them?
Ok, answer these?
Why do Catholics worship Mary and dub her "Queen of Heaven"?
Do you know the reason behind this?
I bet you dont, Go read on it
Why do priest insist that you must confess you sins directly to them in order to be forgiven?
Doesnt this go direcly against what the Bible states? Yes it does
Why does the Pope have this cane that symbolizes the sun?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, intresting huh?

If I said that the Vatican supported the Nazi Party, You would probably try to jump through the screen and attack me, but hey "The proof is in the pudding"

Lol, your just made your sect is a bunch of juvinille ass raping decievers.

July 27, 2010 @ 09:05 PM
The Main Event

http://www.wisegeek.com/are-christmas-and-easter-rooted-in-pagan-rituals.htm

And those are just the most obvious ones, there are many more.
July 27, 2010 @ 09:12 PM
kush1086

I will take your questions from the top down and address them that way since you posted so many. I will wait for a response to my response and if your satisfied I will move on to the next one you posted.

"Why do Catholics worship Mary and dub her "Queen of Heaven"?"

Catholics do not worship Mary. Again your showing your lack of understanding of the Catholic faith here.

Please read to get a full understanding of what Catholics actually believe:
www.davidmacd.com/catholic/mary_in_the_bible.htm
www.catholic.com/library/mary_saints.asp

On the "Queen of Heaven"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Heaven
July 27, 2010 @ 09:13 PM
skaeggska

lol ;)
July 27, 2010 @ 09:17 PM
kush1086

http://www.wisegeek.com/are-christmas-and-easter-rooted-in-pagan-rituals.htm

And those are just the most obvious ones, there are many more.

This should clear up all your misconceptions:

www.catholic.com/library/Is_Catholicism_Pagan.asp
July 27, 2010 @ 09:21 PM
kush1086

Wait a minute here, I have never watched Zeitgeist so I dont know
Why do priest insist that you must confess you sins directly to them in order to be forgiven?

Confession:
www.catholic.com/library/Confession.asp

The early church on confession:
www.catholic.com/thisrock/1991/9101frs.asp

Basil the Great

"It is necessary to confess our sins to those to whom the dispensation of God’s mysteries is entrusted. Those doing penance of old are found to have done it before the saints. It is written in the Gospel that they confessed their sins to John the Baptist [Matt. 3:6], but in Acts [19:18] they confessed to the apostles"
July 27, 2010 @ 09:30 PM
kush1086

Cursed if I may ask what denomination are you if any?
Also what bible do you use?
Also what do you have to say about the early church/church fathers since it/they were Catholic?
July 27, 2010 @ 09:33 PM
Axraexl

Ths guy talking about people not knowing their history, but he can only respond by posting links and not illeterate his points through his own knowledge. lol

July 27, 2010 @ 09:34 PM
The Main Event

This should clear up all your misconceptions:

www.catholic.com/library/Is_Catholicism_Pagan.asp

The article says "Christian holidays were introduced to provide a wholesome, non-pagan alternative celebration, which thus critiques and rejects the pagan holiday." I find a much more plausible answer to be that maintaining existing pagan holidays, while not necessarily on or during a pagan holiday, but very close on the calendar (as in the case of Christmas and Saturnalia), would make converting pagans an easier task. Having Christian holidays in close proximity to pagan holidays would make the transition easier to make, as would reusing existing symbols to create a sense of familiarity for new converts.
July 27, 2010 @ 09:39 PM
kush1086

Ths guy talking about people not knowing their history, but he can only respond by posting links and not illeterate his points through his own knowledge. lol

Absolutely not. I have limited time right now and the sites I posted are excellent for expelling your misconceptions about Catholicism.

Could you answer my questions I asked earlier about denomination if any, what bible you use, and why don't you believe what the early church/church fathers believe/d?

How about we pick one topic stay on that and if your satisfied with my answers we move on to the next...

On Mary:
How about you explain to me how Catholics WORSHIP Mary... Because I cant find any Catholics that do.... There is a big difference between Veneration and Worship....

Please login first to reply.