Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 20, 2010 @ 02:42 PM
aintgotnowerk

I'm da oldest form of Christianity known. All the way back to the African roots.
Praise Jah! Rastafar.

Happy 4/20. May your marijuana be seedless and dank. Amen.
April 20, 2010 @ 03:35 PM
Movement187

and skunk the fact you try to assert belief in science is the same as belief in religion is laughable. science is the exact opposite. it's belief based on evidence. faith is belief with no evidence.

Learn to post b.
April 20, 2010 @ 03:39 PM
hottikatti

wat
April 20, 2010 @ 03:43 PM
Movement187

Three posts in a row adrressing the same person? Fuck a post count.
April 20, 2010 @ 04:03 PM
GucciTarantino

Damm HB has alot of people lacking even basic scientific knowledge. (Skunk)
April 20, 2010 @ 04:17 PM
hottikatti

This thread has brought so many lulz that I hope it's not gonna die now
April 20, 2010 @ 10:35 PM
metalslug

Lolz
April 21, 2010 @ 02:13 AM
Beez

Science is an understanding of how things are not a ultimate determination or an explanation as to why. And the fact is there are some things that science can't explain and never will.

Famous Scientist who believe in God: www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html#7qnDXwe5HxZ2

And to believe we came about for no reason and out of nothing whatsoever takes more faith than believing in a creator.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

April 21, 2010 @ 03:49 AM
STI Guy

so you're saying that science can't explain all so god is the answer because he explains all?
April 21, 2010 @ 04:01 AM
Beez

doesn't have to explain everything, God justifies everything. and the purpose of life is not to know everything (which is impossible in the first place) because living is a means of searching.

April 21, 2010 @ 04:06 AM
Beez

so you're saying that science can't explain all so god is the answer because he explains all?

since you speak like you know more than all of us tell us all what's your answer on the meaning of life?

April 21, 2010 @ 04:15 AM
ftp504

Just like Believers scientist reason from the visible to the invisible. Physicist John Polkinghorne was quoted,
"No one has ever seen a quark, and we believe that no one ever will. They are so tightly bound to each other inside the protons and neutrons that nothing can make them break out on their own. Why, then, do i believe in these invisible quarks?...Because quarks make sense of a lot of direct physical experience, such as the patterns in which particles can be grouped, and the strange way in which projectiles, like electrons, bounce back from collisions with protons and neutrons, just as if there were some tough and tiny constituents sitting inside."
April 21, 2010 @ 04:52 AM
STI Guy

since you speak like you know more than all of us tell us all what's your answer on the meaning of life?

why do you think that believing in god is the only means of a meaningful life? you make god an absolute. that's not good. who ever made up these rules about life and what god wants? that's right, a human.

edit: actually you believers are the ones who think that you know more than all of us. you believe that god was what created the world. that's a shit ton more knowledge than what science could ever give us, no? i dont have a damn clue how the world was created and i sure as hell wont say a god created it because that actually explains nothing. you say that life is a means of searching. so after thousands of years have you found anything? i know science has given us many break throughs.
April 21, 2010 @ 08:49 AM
AlphaTrion

And to believe we came about for no reason and out of nothing whatsoever takes more faith than believing in a creator.

Nope, it really doesn't.

doesn't have to explain everything, God justifies everything. and the purpose of life is not to know everything (which is impossible in the first place) because living is a means of searching.

Then saying that "God justifies it" essentially ends the searching. It's an intellectual cop out. "There's stuff that's hard to understand so I'm gonna say that God is the justification for it's existence" I'd much rather spend my life searching for an actual answer to the questions in life then defaulting to a myth.

As for the meaning of life...I'd rather create the meaning to my own life then have it told to me by an almost 2000 year old book written by superstitious men.
April 21, 2010 @ 10:56 AM
Movement187

You guys ever think that when God created the world he allowed one cell to expand and manifest? Just saying, science does not have to contradict everything from the Bible.
April 21, 2010 @ 02:22 PM
STI Guy

so now you're making up things about what god "could have" done? getting pretty desperate.
April 21, 2010 @ 02:31 PM
Hobbes.

I LOL'd in irl.

And its not like creationists believe we came out of nothing for no reason. Please go read a book, and not one with BIBLE on the front. Christian ignorance is defiantly my biggest grip with the whole process.
April 21, 2010 @ 02:58 PM
kilogram

Science is an understanding of how things are not a ultimate determination or an explanation as to why. And the fact is there are some things that science can't explain and never will.

Famous Scientist who believe in God: www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html#7qnDXwe5HxZ2

You know what? We're working on it.

I have absolute faith in the creativity and intelligence of humans coupled with the amazing power of collaboration of ideas and data via the internet. It seems like you don't, so you just give up. Ever since the invention of the storage of knowledge via the written word, humans have become more intelligent in general every single year, and with the advent of the internet, the explosion of knowledge has been EXPONENTIAL. I know more about how the universe and the world works than the entire human population did 1000 years ago. Don't you think it's possible that the same could happen again in 1000 years?

I know that you don't believe there could be life on other planets (even though it's almost a statistical certainty), but just entertain this thought. Once a life form reaches that level of intelligence to store knowledge in the form of the written word, it's off to the races. Imagine a civilization that has a 100,000 or even a 1,000,000 year head start on us with regards to the accumulation of knowledge.

"And the fact is there are some things that science can't explain and never will."

It's funny, because nearly every scientist and researcher has been told the same thing, and they usually take it as a challenge.
April 21, 2010 @ 03:12 PM
aintgotnowerk

Science is an understanding of how things are not a ultimate determination or an explanation as to why.

Science is an understanding, and the ultimate explanation. Through the scientific method, we can discover things beyond comprehension. Science is the HOW and the WHY. How is that so hard to understand?

And the fact is there are some things that science can't explain and never will.

That's what the Church was saying 50, and 100, and 500, and 1000 years ago. They said that only god can explain things. But they were wrong. As science progressed, the Church remained ignorant, and kept the minds of it's followers under lock and key. When the Wright borthers were working on the airplane, a priest remarked “this is blasphemy, flight is reserved for the angels”. But look at where we are today. Science is always progressing into uncharted territories. Always has been, always will.

Um, I'm trying to put this in layman's terms, as I'm not sure you are fully literate. ATHEISTS BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION (''SPECIES 'CAME' FROM OTHER SPECIES”). CREATIONISTS BELIEVE IN GOD (THAT ALL SPECIES 'POPPED' OUT OF NOWHERE).

Listen. This may be mind blowing and offensive to your kind, but god isn't the end all of everything. Just because you believe in him doesn't make your life any more meaningful. And you're acting as if we're being condescending. We're not. We're just speaking the truth. Your answers make no sense, and they basically state “god can make anything happen”, without explaining why or how.

You guys ever think that when God created the world he allowed one cell to expand and manifest? Just saying, science does not have to contradict everything from the Bible.

The bible is pretty clear. It states god made earth, and he literally plopped Adam & Eve on it, without any other processes building up to their presence or genetic/physical/mental state.

doesn't have to explain everything, God justifies everything. a

Your answers make no sense, and they basically state “god can make anything happen”, without explaining why or how. We have to state facts, figures, and hard evidence. You just have to say “god did it, end of story.” Fuck that.

and the purpose of life is not to know everything (which is impossible in the first place) because living is a means of searching.

There is no purpose of life. It's ironic because you thought Schao was trying to push across his ideas about life's purpose, but here you are telling us what our purpose is.

Just like Believers scientist reason from the visible to the invisible. Physicist John Polkinghorne was quoted,
"No one has ever seen a quark, and we believe that no one ever will. They are so tightly bound to each other inside the protons and neutrons that nothing can make them break out on their own. Why, then, do i believe in these invisible quarks?...Because quarks make sense of a lot of direct physical experience, such as the patterns in which particles can be grouped, and the strange way in which projectiles, like electrons, bounce back from collisions with protons and neutrons, just as if there were some tough and tiny constituents sitting inside."

Although most of quantum physics is theoretical in nature, they explain the behavior of observed matter and energy. This behavior has been observed, so there is substantial evidence for the existence of quarks. So it's not unseen, it's seen on a different level. The effects of quarks are evident and plentiful, but we can't say the same about god. There is no PHYSICAL evidence of god's existence.
April 21, 2010 @ 03:21 PM
Movement187

The bible is pretty clear. It states god made earth, and he literally plopped Adam & Eve on it, without any other processes building up to their presence or genetic/physical/mental state.

Actually the Bible is not specific on the process the Earth undertook while God was making it, only that it was created by him. Also Adam & Eve were not just plopped on the Earth. Adam was made from the Earth in God's image and Eve was made from one of Adam's ribs, explaining while males are missing a rib. If you would actually read the Bible, even for knowledgable purposes, instead of trying to deny it, you would know.
April 21, 2010 @ 03:26 PM
aintgotnowerk

Actually the Bible is not specific on the process the Earth undertook while God was making it, only that it was created by him. Also Adam & Eve were not just plopped on the Earth. Adam was made from the Earth in God's image and Eve was made from one of Adam's ribs, explaining while males are missing a rib. If you would actually read the Bible, even for knowledgable purposes, instead of trying to deny it, you would know.

I'm sorry, are you kidding, or are you really suggesting this shit? Just because a man loses a rib doesn't mean their offspring or descendants lose ribs. Losing ribs/limbs/teeth/etc doesn't affect the DNA of the person... My dad lost his teeth, but I have a full set of chompers. And, um.. I'm not sure how I should explain this, but males and females have the same number of ribs...

If you would actually read the Bible, even for knowledgable purposes, instead of trying to deny it, you would know.

1. You spelled 'knowledgeable' wrong.
2. There is no knowledge in the bible.
April 21, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
Movement187

No I wasn't, I'm a bio-chem major, but I was trying to make a point they didn't just get plopped on the Earth.
April 21, 2010 @ 03:33 PM
Movement187

I'm sorry, are you kidding, or are you really suggesting this shit? Just because a man loses a rib doesn't mean their offspring or descendants lose ribs. Losing ribs/limbs/teeth/etc doesn't affect the DNA of the person... My dad lost his teeth, but I have a full set of chompers. And, um.. I'm not sure how I should explain this, but males and females have the same number of ribs...

1. You spelled 'knowledgeable' wrong.
2. There is no knowledge in the bible.

I can quote on your mispelled words as well, but let's be frank, we're not here to debate on one's spelling ability. I'm sure countless nations wouldn't base there whole secular structure and values on a fictional book.
April 21, 2010 @ 03:33 PM
Dental Plan

No I wasn't, I'm a bio-chem major, but I was trying to make a point they didn't just get plopped on the Earth.

It doesn't really make much difference whether the bible says they plopped on the earth or were made out of sand, it's still stupid
April 21, 2010 @ 03:36 PM
Dental Plan

I'm sure countless nations wouldn't base there whole secular structure and values on a fictional book.

Do you know what a secular structure is? It means a government and religion are separated from each other.

Also, do you believe in the Qu'ran? There's numerous countries which have laws and values based on the Qu'ran
April 21, 2010 @ 03:36 PM
aintgotnowerk

From some of the blatantly ignorant things you said, I doubt you're in university.. Well, maybe Everest College.

You guys ever think that when God created the world he allowed one cell to expand and manifest? .

There are tons of evidence to prove Jesus walked the earth and resurrected himself. .

Adam was made from the Earth in God's image and Eve was made from one of Adam's ribs, explaining while males are missing a rib.

Actually the Bible is not specific on the process the Earth undertook while God was making it, only that it was created by him.

I'm sure countless nations wouldn't base there whole secular structure and values on a fictional book.

LOL WHAT?!
April 21, 2010 @ 03:38 PM
kilogram

gotta be trolling

i mean...

for fucks sake
April 21, 2010 @ 03:41 PM
Movement187

1. Jesus' existence cannot be questioned since he is noted as a historical figure not just in the Bible but by many other texts and historians.

2. After Jesus was ressurected he appeared to 500 different people at different times. This was noted not just in the Bible but in other manuscripts written in Greek, and Latin.

3. Am I wrong about the Bible not being specific on how God actually created the earth? Or is there a verse that would contradict my statement about him allowing one cell to manifest suporting your "Big Bang" theory?
April 21, 2010 @ 03:47 PM
kilogram

1. Jesus' existence cannot be questioned since he is noted as a historical figure not just in the Bible but by many other texts and historians.

2. After Jesus was ressurected he appeared to 500 different people at different times. This was noted not just in the Bible but in other manuscripts written in Greek, and Latin.

3. Am I wrong about the Bible not being specific on how God actually created the earth? Or is there a verse that would contradict my statement about him allowing one cell to manifest suporting your "Big Bang" theory?

1. no one is saying jesus didn't exist, just that he wasn't the son of god.

2. LET'S SEE EM. WEEP WEEP WOOP.

3. what in the FUCK do cells have to do with the big bang.

4. there is absolutely no way in hell that you're a bio-chem major.
April 21, 2010 @ 03:49 PM
aintgotnowerk

There's a difference between Historical Jesus, and the one in the bible.

Just because it was written doesn't make it true. There was no evidence of this, save for the aforementioned manuscripts, which were written by disciples; so they had a motive in making up Jesus's appearances.

Huh. You're talking as if, if something doesn't appear in the bible, it's not true. And it's clear in the bible that God created Adam & Eve in their “human” forms. It says nothing in the bible about the primitive form of evolution you described. If there was, creationism wouldn't exist. The Big Bang isn't about cells, by the way. Oh well, I guess you're taking some next level bio/chem at U of Phoenix.

Please login first to reply.