February 7, 2010 @ 12:21 PM
blandface

im fucking beat on books though, ive pretty much read all the common and popular ones that interested me.

im looking for serial-killer books and some fantasy/sci-fi typed ones, any suggestions?
February 7, 2010 @ 12:23 PM
Taal

Slash
The Things They Carried
The Diary of Anne Frank
February 7, 2010 @ 12:26 PM
blandface

tuesdays with morrie - mitch albom

snuff and invisible monsters are probably my favorite.

damn dude you really liked invisible monsters? i read like 3 quarters of it then started a new book, didnt really hold my attention for some reason.
February 7, 2010 @ 12:27 PM
3lite

lol at all the listings of 1984...did you boys all go to the same college/high school? book was whack imo...
February 7, 2010 @ 12:36 PM
Sarcaustic

lol at all the listings of 1984...did you boys all go to the same college/high school? book was whack imo...

It's a classic.
February 7, 2010 @ 01:09 PM
gaws

the sun also rises-ernest hemingway

Nietzche, Burroughs, some Thompson,Kerouac

yes. All of these. Read my first nietz book at 13.

favourites, off the top of my head:

between good and evil, thus spoke zarathustra, mother night, for whom the bell tolls, slaughterhouse 5, dubliners, a year in the merde, the outsider, the plague, nausea, the electric kool-aid acid test, nothing to be frightened of, gullivers travels, and one of my favourite books of all time is is "The Strawberry Statement" by James Simon Kunen.
February 7, 2010 @ 04:13 PM
pastyblac

The Tao of Wu by RZA
1984 (I didn't read it in school , I read it on my own. lol.)
February 7, 2010 @ 04:19 PM
hottikatti

Dr. Dre - The Biography, by Ronin Ro

and I've been reading Sun Tzu's The Art of War a couple times but it's hard to comprehend some times (I have a book which is the Finnish translation of the original text and The Art Of War For Executives in English)
February 7, 2010 @ 04:21 PM
skillet

im fucking beat on books though, ive pretty much read all the common and popular ones that interested me.

im looking for serial-killer books and some fantasy/sci-fi typed ones, any suggestions?

ultimate serial killer book is crime and punishment.
Some personal recommendations: the things they carried by Tim o brien, 10 stories by JD salinger, the metamorphosis by Franz Kafka, Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. shits solid.
February 7, 2010 @ 04:29 PM
It's Only Hype

Tokyo Year Zero-David Peace

saw this recommended before, but i never picked it up sad

Some personal recommendations: the things they carried by Tim o brien, 10 stories by JD salinger, the metamorphosis by Franz Kafka, Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. shits solid.

cosign
February 7, 2010 @ 04:35 PM
skillzboy4

Some personal recommendations: the things they carried by Tim o brien, nine stories by JD salinger, the metamorphosis by Franz Kafka, Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. shits solid.

fixed
February 7, 2010 @ 04:36 PM
Sarcaustic

Crime and Punishment is not the ultimate serial killer book, wtf? He killed two people - one of whom he did not actually intend to kill. And he killed because of his unwanted circumstances; he needed money and he was driven with desperation to do what he had to do. And he suffers for his crime with his mental and psychological punishment: guilt and a conscience that drives him insane.

It's definitely one of the most profound novels in literature, and you demean it with the title of the "ultimate serial killer" book.

You obviously haven't gotten the higher meaning of this book. Read the book again.
February 7, 2010 @ 04:38 PM
Imco0l

i recommend Harry Potter
February 7, 2010 @ 04:49 PM
olowokandi

A Separate Peace

can't think of too many at the moment.. i don't read much.
February 7, 2010 @ 09:20 PM
skillet

fixed

yeah good call, typo
February 7, 2010 @ 09:24 PM
skillet

Crime and Punishment is not the ultimate serial killer book, wtf? He killed two people - one of whom he did not actually intend to kill. And he killed because of his unwanted circumstances; he needed money and he was driven with desperation to do what he had to do. And he suffers for his crime with his mental and psychological punishment: guilt and a conscience that drives him insane.

It's definitely one of the most profound novels in literature, and you demean it with the title of the "ultimate serial killer" book.

You obviously haven't gotten the higher meaning of this book. Read the book again.

i feel like thats pretty much the ultimate serial killer book. I'd classify most killers as insane, and a book that chronicles a man's degradation to insanity seems like a serial killer book. the ultimate serial killer title isn't demeaning. every book that delves into such psychological problems owes tons to this book. think before you post
February 7, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
Sarcaustic

i feel like thats pretty much the ultimate serial killer book. I'd classify most killers as insane, and a book that chronicles a man's degradation to insanity seems like a serial killer book. the ultimate serial killer title isn't demeaning. every book that delves into such psychological problems owes tons to this book. think before you post

*****, think about the term "serial killer." The protagonist kills two fucking people.

Two murders does not equal serial killing.

Smh.

And Dostoyevksy's novel is not about psychological problems. It's whether if man has the justification to play God despite certain, horrid circumstances.

Read the book before you recommend it to someone else.
February 7, 2010 @ 10:03 PM
soap

do androids dream of electric sheep?
a clockwork orange
the tao te ching of lao tzu
February 7, 2010 @ 10:08 PM
skillet

*****, think about the term "serial killer." The protagonist kills two fucking people.

Two murders does not equal serial killing.

Smh.

And Dostoyevksy's novel is not about psychological problems. It's whether if man has the justification to play God despite certain, horrid circumstances.

Read the book before you recommend it to someone else.

i know what the deeper meaning of the book is. I wrote a final about nihilism. get the sand out of your vag and just say you already read the book and no thanks. damn haters gonna hate
February 7, 2010 @ 10:50 PM
AG1Life

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
and a lot of people said it, 1984
February 8, 2010 @ 03:25 AM
vince24L

damn dude you really liked invisible monsters? i read like 3 quarters of it then started a new book, didnt really hold my attention for some reason.

It gets better. Not his best but it gets good.
February 8, 2010 @ 05:06 AM
Denny Crane

the book itself was a movie in my eyes

What does that even mean?
February 8, 2010 @ 10:59 AM
dylanrocksss

innocents lost by jimmie briggs
helter skelter by by vincent Bugliosi and curt gentry
February 8, 2010 @ 11:11 AM
dannyshred

Choke sucked for me just because I saw the movie before the book. So it was meh.
You've read survivor right? Best Palaniuk book IMO.

Whats some other good books for someone into the Palaniuk dry-dirty humor. And also loved Perks?

Search chuck books on amazon then just check out the section that lists other books people have bought, usually the same raw genre
February 8, 2010 @ 11:22 AM
Potsnu

Charlotte's Web
February 8, 2010 @ 01:42 PM
JD.Salinger

The Catcher in the Rye
February 8, 2010 @ 03:48 PM
vince24L

Life of Pi
February 8, 2010 @ 03:55 PM
DStyles

Out of Order

Great fucking book and oh yeah the maus series.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

February 8, 2010 @ 04:24 PM
redtein

Millenium Triology
February 8, 2010 @ 06:04 PM
Sarcaustic

i know what the deeper meaning of the book is. I wrote a final about nihilism. get the sand out of your vag and just say you already read the book and no thanks. damn haters gonna hate

Lol, you're a fucking idiot if you think a serial killer is someone who's committed two murders, not to mention calling Crime and Punishment the "ultimate serial killer" novel.

Who hasn't written a paper about nihilism? I had to write about that when I was back in high school.

If anything, Dostoyevsky's novel is about existentialism than nihilism.

Fall the fuck back.

And a serial killer is someone who goes on a series of killing sprees - as in more than three.

Please login first to reply.