300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
January 17, 2010 @ 03:46 PM
SFCA

So I'm 3 days strong, quitting cold turkey and feeling alright.

How have you guys stopped smoking? and for those who used to smoke and have been going strong, do you still have the temptation to smoke?

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

January 17, 2010 @ 03:51 PM
It's Only Hype

props. you haven't gotten any cravings? how did you get over them if you did?
January 17, 2010 @ 03:56 PM
SFCA

My method right now is to keep 1 Camel light on me at all time (grossest cig imo). I've had cravings but I just tell myself that I don't want to smoke that shit.

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

January 17, 2010 @ 03:56 PM
2frashbacca

smoking what
January 17, 2010 @ 04:01 PM
SHOGUNATE

cock
January 17, 2010 @ 04:38 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

My method right now is to keep 1 Camel light on me at all time (grossest cig imo). I've had cravings but I just tell myself that I don't want to smoke that shit.

lmao, good plan. Personally though I'm like fuck that, I'm a smoker till death (no matter how early that may be as a cause lol)

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

January 17, 2010 @ 04:42 PM

Inactive

I'm approaching my 3 year anniversary of quitting, it's not that hard just don't pick up a boogie. All those patches and gums are fucking scams. It's all about whether or not you have the willpower and veracious desire to quit. Some of my friends still smoke boogies, right in my face too, and that shitty smell entices me even more to not pick one up again.
January 17, 2010 @ 04:44 PM
kidkorea

So far it's been a year and 17 days, (quit last New Years).

Honestly, the only way is cold turkey. I've tried cutting down and all that bullshit but it doesn't work. You just have to suck it up and tell yourself you don't want to:

1.) Make all the shit you own smell like smoke, most people hate it and so did I.

2.) Your teeth will yellow and you're stogie breath isn't something too appealing to MOST girls

3.) It causes fucking lung cancer man, it's the biggest killer in the U.S. yet it's still legal

4.) You'll save TONS OF MONEY

5.) It's good to quit while your young, it'll be 10x harder quitting in the future when you become TOO dependent on it.

Honestly, it's one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I was smoking around 10-15 cigarettes/day for like a few years. I used to wake up wheezing every breath, I used to smoke cigarette butts when I didn't have any (I was that addicted). I don't have that constant "fuck I need a stoge" feeling which was really stressful when I didn't have a stoge or a lighter. I've saved tons of money.

Also, I still get tempted (especially when I'm drunk) but it's honestly making decision each time. Either saying yes or no, it's just gotten so much easier to say "No" since I quit and I've been doing good. Good luck man, it's definitely one of THE hardest things to do. Stick with it, you won't regret it.

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

January 17, 2010 @ 04:49 PM
young idiot

I think I'd smoke if I was like, a monk.
January 17, 2010 @ 04:51 PM
SFCA

thanks for the words of wisdom guys. appreciate it.

January 17, 2010 @ 05:06 PM
Soldier187

I don't even know why people get started in smoking in the first place.
January 17, 2010 @ 05:13 PM
plAinaNdsImpLe

^ cus it makes you automatically cool...duhhhhhh!
January 17, 2010 @ 05:15 PM
ppanding

good luck. at least your not military. makes it even harder.
January 17, 2010 @ 05:15 PM
dirtyandypants

I don't even know why people get started in smoking in the first place.

for the WDYWT's DUH.
January 17, 2010 @ 05:22 PM
applejuice

Nicorette isn't a complete joke...
it might fuck you up though. If you really crave niccotine then try it. Its just a high dose of it. Say smoking 3 cigs at the same time.

You will get high if you chew whole piece on for first few tries. Room will be spinning. Might get nauseous, but you won't be as on edge.

youlooklame.tumblr.com

January 17, 2010 @ 05:24 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

wtf? Who actually craves nicotine? I just smoke so I have something to do lol. I mean, obviously a lot of people do but it just baffles me

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

January 17, 2010 @ 05:29 PM
applejuice

I used to smoke to past the time. Then the winter came and my hands weren't worth the trouble.
theres somethingggg in cigarettes that makes them addictive.
and for those who want niccotine without the tar... git da gum.

youlooklame.tumblr.com

January 17, 2010 @ 05:40 PM
plAinaNdsImpLe

really guys? i used to think i do it just cus its something to do..and it probably started out like that, i go for weeks not smoking if im on holiday with family or something like that, but when i'm out or at uni i smoke constantly, even if i dont really need one or feel like one. Can you guys seriously say you've never craved a fag? There must have been a point where you just really needed a ciggy.
January 17, 2010 @ 05:41 PM

Inactive

The increase in lung capacity after quitting boogies is amazing. I nearly drowned one time at Wet N Wild since I was running out of breath in the 10 ft zone. I remember I used to get that tired feeling after only dashing 3-5 ft, and don't get me started on full court basketball games. Now I can play ball for as long as I want, have much whiter teeth, and don't have to worry about that acrid smell in my clothes anymore.

The only smoke you should ever need is the type that comes from light green, fuzzy shit.
January 17, 2010 @ 05:54 PM
FROADS

I was addicted to heroin once but my mom called the cops which forced me to get sober in jail..

Nah, thats cool that your quittin..Never liked cigarettes myself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTZxK6i3cIU[/IMG]
January 17, 2010 @ 06:49 PM
TheOne

Good decision.
January 17, 2010 @ 08:27 PM
KUSH

why would you even smoke if you dont crave nicotine...
January 17, 2010 @ 08:29 PM
hypeist

^head rush....thats why most people get into it. well that, and looking super cool
January 17, 2010 @ 08:34 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

I mean their are tons of reasons to not smoke. I think it all comes down to willpower and want more than anything. I've never even had the thought of putting my lips to a butt or joint in my life.
January 17, 2010 @ 09:04 PM
exhale

those are gross. i just bought a pack and its nasty. cant wait for it to finish.
January 17, 2010 @ 09:30 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

really guys? i used to think i do it just cus its something to do..and it probably started out like that, i go for weeks not smoking if im on holiday with family or something like that, but when i'm out or at uni i smoke constantly, even if i dont really need one or feel like one. Can you guys seriously say you've never craved a fag? There must have been a point where you just really needed a ciggy.

I mean, yeah I didn't say I don't have cravings for cigarettes but like if I'm at the crib for a few days and I don't have any I'll be fine, as long as I have something to do.

January 17, 2010 @ 10:56 PM
northwest

i'm not sure if i believe in addiction to cigarettes. If you don't think of yourself as a smoker than its easy to not smoke whenever.

QFT. my dad didn't even use patches or nicotine gum to quit. he told me that it's all in your head, which it is. the first day is the hardest.it gets easier after.
January 17, 2010 @ 11:51 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

All it takes is willpower. Fuck what you see on the news if you REALLY REALLY want to you'll quit.
January 18, 2010 @ 07:19 AM
BruhMan

im coming up on 2 years in june...i was sick for like a week and one pull would fuckin kill my throat so after not smoking for a week i was just like "fuck it i might as well keep going" been going strong ever since. all my friends smoke too and it doesnt even affect me anymore. no cravings at all, even when i drink. glad i was able to kick the habit. good luck to all thats trying.
January 18, 2010 @ 02:48 PM
H. Drew

i'm not sure if i believe in addiction to cigarettes. If you don't think of yourself as a smoker than its easy to not smoke whenever.

That is an absolutely idiotic statement. If people get addicted to shopping, how could smoking cigarettes not be addictive. There are so many factors that involve smoking cigarettes that point to a possible addiction. Nicotine, routine, a getaway from stress, etc, etc.

http://theurbanerenaissance.com/ http://theurbanerenaissance.tumblr.com/

Please login first to reply.