Pick Ups: 2010 (Flame person = Infraction)

May 27, 2010 @ 22:15
In what way, refilling it? The only hinderance is me being left handed.

I
May 27, 2010 @ 22:18
In what way, refilling it? The only hinderance is me being left handed.

i was just thinking about the writing itself, fountain pens usually have such wide tips, and it's not really smooth. but i just got one to look cool while taking notes for class, so a fountain one would be a little difficult to write fast and in small spaces. but i guess most people don't buy mont blancs to take notes in class
May 27, 2010 @ 22:22
I
May 27, 2010 @ 22:24
i was just thinking about the writing itself, fountain pens usually have such wide tips, and it's not really smooth. but i just got one to look cool while taking notes for class, so a fountain one would be a little difficult to write fast and in small spaces. but i guess most people don't buy mont blancs to take notes in class

The tips are usually exchangeable depending on the brand and if it's a nib or not. It also depends on the pressure you place on the pen.

To be honest, if you bought a ballpoint Mont Blanc you definitely wasted a shitload of dough for nothing. You coulda got a BIC fine point for like $4 bucks. What model is yours?
May 27, 2010 @ 22:36
The tips are usually exchangeable depending on the brand and if it's a nib or not. It also depends on the pressure you place on the pen.

To be honest, if you bought a ballpoint Mont Blanc you definitely wasted a shitload of dough for nothing. You coulda got a BIC fine point for like $4 bucks. What model is yours?

I got the rollerball version, not ballpoint. Writes really smooth so i kinda like it but yeah i'm not sure if i really want to drop that much on a pen. It's on order right now from the dealer, my cousin who is into this expensive shit picked it out for me, i think it's from the noblesse series. not sure but i can always back out since i didn't even give a deposit.
May 27, 2010 @ 23:15
I got the rollerball version, not ballpoint. Writes really smooth so i kinda like it but yeah i'm not sure if i really want to drop that much on a pen. It's on order right now from the dealer, my cousin who is into this expensive shit picked it out for me, i think it's from the noblesse series. not sure but i can always back out since i didn't even give a deposit.

Rollerball and ballpoint are the same thing.
May 27, 2010 @ 23:31

rollerball is a bit pointier i think...but anyways i'm not really into this shit it was kinda one of those things that i could buy now and still use later...but do you think i should just forget about it? i've already picked up a more realistic pen to write with since i'm already afraid of losing it.

got this coming in the mail
May 27, 2010 @ 23:40
rollerball is a bit pointier i think...but anyways i'm not really into this shit it was kinda one of those things that i could buy now and still use later...but do you think i should just forget about it? i've already picked up a more realistic pen to write with since i'm already afraid of losing it.

got this coming in the mail

^ Naw, that's just the size. Rollerball pens use a small ball that perpetually circulate back and forth when you write.

I would just ditch the purchase unless someone is paying for you.
May 28, 2010 @ 00:14
Chukka Lows....

Vintage snapback

Reppin those Chattanooga Lookouts like my boy Kool Keith lol

Ohh almost forgot, I got some UO unbranded selvedges (that I ended up returning) and a '08 Nissan Sentra (I'll take pics later..)
May 28, 2010 @ 02:58
May 28, 2010 @ 03:53
Huf Cruiser just came in, size small:

didn't really work for me so for sale HERE
May 28, 2010 @ 08:16

no they aren't. ball point pens use oil based inks and rollerballs use water/liquid inks. Rollerballs are smoother and bleed into the paper the same way a fountain pen would. Rollerballs were designed to be a more friendly to use version of the fountain pen.
May 28, 2010 @ 08:46
picked up my first flash today, and just ordered a wireless transmitter and receiver from ebay ( rf-602 )

May 28, 2010 @ 09:04

smokeyface
May 28, 2010 @ 11:10
no they aren't. ball point pens use oil based inks and rollerballs use water/liquid inks. Rollerballs are smoother and bleed into the paper the same way a fountain pen would. Rollerballs were designed to be a more friendly to use version of the fountain pen.

I was referencing the point of the pen not which inks they respectively use. You are correct that rollers bleed more but to compare them to a fountain pens dispersement is not even close. The point I was making was that they both pens use ball points to write with. The size disparities between letter sizes from a rollerball pen is miniscule.
May 28, 2010 @ 11:16
A pen is a pen, but a $3 Zebra F301 >>>> whatever fag shit you guys talkin' about.

instagram: prxsh

May 28, 2010 @ 11:18
A pen is a pen, but a $3 Zebra F301 >>>> whatever fag shit you guys talkin' about.

cosign. just get a number 2 mechanical pencil you fagz.
May 28, 2010 @ 11:19
When you two actually have a real paying job you'll see the benefits of having a solid pen to sign stuff with.

And I got the pen for free.
May 28, 2010 @ 11:22
lol, you don't know how lame you just sounded. I can sign shit equivalent to what you're probably signing with a fucking Crayola, no neon pink.

Oh, and nice job adding the "free" part when I didn't even mention anything about price. It really justified why you're discussing the perks of a pen. Whatever though.

instagram: prxsh

May 28, 2010 @ 11:29
lol, you don't know how lame you just sounded. I can sign shit equivalent to what you're probably signing with a fucking Crayola, no neon pink.

Oh, and nice job adding the "free" part when I didn't even mention anything about price. It really justified why you're discussing the perks of a pen. Whatever though.

How do I sound lame? Inform me please. You're telling me you would sign a contract or important document with a Crayola? Congratulations for proving how much of an imbecile you are.

Also, I included that I got it for free because you seem to be finding a way to justify your lack of knowledge and also you yourself concluded that the Zebra was only $3.

In the end though one must ask, YOU MAD DAWGY?
May 28, 2010 @ 11:29
why does ever fag say "you mad." no one is ever mad lol. you're discussing a pen. homo shit.
May 28, 2010 @ 11:30
why did kick just delete his post?
May 28, 2010 @ 11:34
he's just saying you're lame for talking about the perks of a pen.
May 28, 2010 @ 11:35
i took my SATs with highlighter.
May 28, 2010 @ 11:36
Originally posted by Inactive User
he's just saying you're lame for talking about the perks of a pen.

We talk about way more asinine material then pens on this forum. I just don't see the need for hate.
May 28, 2010 @ 11:38
We talk about way more asinine material then pens on this forum. I just don't see the need for hate.

not to sound like a dick, but what's more asinine? shirts,jackets,pants,shoes? no way that's more asinine than a pen?
May 28, 2010 @ 11:39
lmao at ongoing argument that stemmed from a pen
May 28, 2010 @ 11:44
Originally posted by Inactive User
not to sound like a dick, but what's more asinine? shirts,jackets,pants,shoes? no way that's more asinine than a pen?

Comparison between material things are relative. But if you want to play that game I can make the statement that considering you only need 1 pen in life and I'm assuming you need a little bit of a clothing arsenal unless you want to be viewed as a grimy, stinky kid, most would understand the need for a solid. Now with this in mind there are too many variables and this is dependent on the individual hence why I said it is relative.
May 28, 2010 @ 11:45
Comparison between material things are relative. But if you want to play that game I can make the statement that considering you only need 1 pen in life and I'm assuming you need a little bit of a clothing arsenal unless you want to be viewed as a grimy, stinky kid, most would understand the need for a solid. Now with this in mind there are too many variables and this is dependent on the individual hence why I said it is relative.

breaking some new ground there Copernicus.
May 28, 2010 @ 11:46
^ We all know you love arguing to argue. let it go man.

I just love arguing when I provide valid points to retort shitty rhetoric that lacks anything resembling sound reasoning skills.
This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.
HYPECHAT 0