December 27, 2009 @ 02:00 PM
doug.

British Rap - Shit (Plan B is the exception)

British Grime - Good

December 27, 2009 @ 02:37 PM
hottikatti

December 27, 2009 @ 03:00 PM
teov

I think UK got good rappers

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf2o5URLMDA

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

December 27, 2009 @ 03:03 PM
TheOne

That's all for now.

Why u mad tho
December 27, 2009 @ 03:12 PM
Nigga Man

I have hate in my heart.
December 27, 2009 @ 03:13 PM
December 27, 2009 @ 03:21 PM
Nigga Man

Gtfo everyone knows Finns are lower then Gypsies.
December 27, 2009 @ 03:26 PM
hottikatti

Gtfo everyone knows Finns are lower then Gypsies.

If Finns are lower than Gypsies then imagine how low Finnish Gypsies are

December 27, 2009 @ 03:28 PM
Jay

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVIOG9mHMY
Wiley>KidCudi,Wale,Lil Wayne etc>sad
December 27, 2009 @ 03:57 PM
FreshAddict

Ey cholo guess what. Rap was pretty much made by jamaicans, and england is the most recent ruler of jamaica,and jamaicans pretty much either go to NY or London(kinda exaggerating) So them rapping,and us rapping is pretty much the same >_> and just to be cocky
/thread

a bit more than "kinda exaggerating".....
December 27, 2009 @ 04:02 PM
phikz

I was just about to post something of Slick Rick, but there was already rap in the Bronx for a little longer than that famous names Melly Mel, Grandmaster Flash, Kurtis Blow, and Africa Bambatta to name a few.

I like Grime music even though it's silly, but I do hate that British accent. I can't take it seriously.

What Grime have you heard then?

Wiley is a fucking don but that above tune is not his best. British guys can 'rap' but on the whole they shouldn't attempt to make hip-hop. Grime grime grime. Now if some of you guys, ignore the fact that you've listened to hip-hop all of your life, don't compare grime to hip-hop too much, don't think what would these mc's sound over hip-hop beats and vice versa, just generally listen with an open mind then hopefully you guys can grasp what (real) grime is/was to the deprived 'black' community. Which is one of the only notable similarities between grime and hip-hop.

Have a listen to some of this, preferably all the way through, this material represents and shows what grime was all about. Hopefully, even if you don't like it you might be able to understand it a bit and see how different to hip hop, and also how diverse the scene is/was.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UdBSxZ067k (2.35 and onwards>>>>>)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht2t21qVa3Q (this and the above video were what grime was all about; the hype.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3y_Epti-0k (arguably one of the best grime tunes ever)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn9Mf4enJiU (also what grime was all about, just turning up at illegal pirate radio stations and spraying your best bars)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsW031v_l4Q (some of you must have heard of Dizzee Rascal, some early hype stuff)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf1GR8TkkZI

Got shit loads of this kind of stuff. Unfortunately grime's evolved into something very different to what it used to be, some of it still captures the sound though. Such as this, one of the biggest tunes, if not the biggest tune all year.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Vuo68BpkA
December 27, 2009 @ 05:41 PM
sh3liqu3

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7r59hLkh0Y

British Hip Hop is still a niche market.
British Artists are ALOT more versatile than a lot of American artists!Anyone who disagrees is stupid.
I just hate when british artists try to replicate whats going on in the states.

Please login first to reply.