300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
October 30, 2009 @ 06:18 PM
gnar

Your good bud, that's exactly what the question was

and thats the answer i was looking for.

in simpilar terms, morality is subjective.

It's a shame that the majority of people seem to be light years from this reality.

I've never met anyone who thought morals are objective. I took a philosophy of morals class and the first thing we discussed is the subjectivity about morals throughout the world.

But in a given society/culture (IE, America with 'pursuit of happiness, the old South with racism) morals can have a sense of objectivity.

And the thought on whether morality is subject/object is subjective.
October 30, 2009 @ 06:30 PM
soap

morality exists upon soceities, therefor is morality universal? no.

to answer the question, it is a creation of man's mind but indirectly.

even though we are rational beings, morals based on emotions can be observed in animals that do not transcend thought, although not as complex as humans its still there.

this just goes to show that a "sense of morality" is a direct result of setting or "soceity"
October 30, 2009 @ 06:49 PM
mumbai

are u really askin me if people die?

morality not mortality, well thats how i read it at first too xp
October 30, 2009 @ 06:55 PM
Cryptick

morality exists upon soceities, therefor is morality universal? no.

to answer the question, it is a creation of man's mind but indirectly.

even though we are rational beings, morals based on emotions can be observed in animals that do not transcend thought, although not as complex as humans its still there.

this just goes to show that a "sense of morality" is a direct result of setting or "soceity"

I like that answer.

That's all i needed, now i can kill my mom.
October 30, 2009 @ 07:10 PM
Denny Crane

Idiot of the week.
October 30, 2009 @ 07:15 PM
Cryptick

co signs
October 30, 2009 @ 08:26 PM
KALiKUSH

i believe human nature is chosen through life choices, a person is best when struggling against their individual nature (fighting for life), decisions are not without stress and consequences, there are things that are not rational, personal responsibility and discipline is crucial, society is unnatural and its traditional religious and secular rules are arbitrary, and worldly desire is futile.
October 30, 2009 @ 11:21 PM
Dirtybirdz04

Morality exists within societies and nations.

It is in International Political Discourse where morality and applications of moral policies are considered superfluous or non-existent.

I'm a fan of utilitarianism myself.

I think the dumbest moral philosophy ever conceived is deontology.
October 30, 2009 @ 11:50 PM
Chewbakka

morality is a more fancy word for taboo. Morality will be different for every single person out there, wether it bebig differences or the smallest ones.
October 31, 2009 @ 02:30 AM
3 Stripes

/endthread/
October 31, 2009 @ 02:34 AM
Ryon

live how you want
fuck the haters
October 31, 2009 @ 02:37 AM
STI Guy

i had a discussion about religion with a student teacher working on his phd and stuff. i am an average dude. he teaches at UC irvine which i'm told is freaking elite as shit. he kicked my ass in the argument about religion and atheism. my point is, i don't think any of us are intelligent enough to have a really great discussion about this topic.
October 31, 2009 @ 05:13 AM
Beez

energy can neither be destroyed nor created unless supernaturally.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

October 31, 2009 @ 06:21 AM
soap

i had a discussion about religion with a student teacher working on his phd and stuff. i am an average dude. he teaches at UC irvine which i'm told is freaking elite as shit. he kicked my ass in the argument about religion and atheism. my point is, i don't think any of us are intelligent enough to have a really great discussion about this topic.

excuse me? lol.
October 31, 2009 @ 07:34 AM
young idiot

I wholeheartedly disagree. Anyone can have a really great discussion about anything. In fact, the more you know, the less entertaining it is.
October 31, 2009 @ 11:40 AM
TheOne

Tell us how he kicked your ass...

Maybe your not the intelligent one
October 31, 2009 @ 01:47 PM
Cryptick

lol soap has been spot on about this topic as well as a few others...

Because you got merked in an agrument doesn't mean we are inferior because of it.
October 31, 2009 @ 02:15 PM
JayLovesPinays

yes, i believe morality exists because we all have our personal guidelines and limits for how he lead our lives.
October 31, 2009 @ 02:28 PM
Shanklin

I believe you mean mortality

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

October 31, 2009 @ 05:36 PM
STI Guy

Tell us how he kicked your ass...

Maybe your not the intelligent one

damn i think i didnt make my point clear. i didn't read any of this thread except for the first post. what i tried to say is that i always see a pattern with these threads. one guy is pretty good at getting his point through, and sometimes makes a really good point. and then there are a bunch of others who are trying to argue but make a lot of irrelevant points which always leads the whole argument in a wrong direction. you can't have a good argument when one guy is just blabbering about something else right? im not saying it's happening here in this thread. im just saying a lot of times i say something, and a guy responds with something totally off tangent.

and the guy kicked my ass in the argument because he chose a topic that he studied for over a decade and i obviously didn't care or know enough at that time. so instead of an argument, it became him lecturing me hahhaha. see how that fits with my point?

Please login first to reply.