October 21, 2009 @ 01:46 AM
chopstickthugz

it's been over 10 years since the last time I went to skiing. I never got a chance to snowboard in my life yet.

so tell me which one you prefer better and why? Tell me pros n cons.

oh the cost of enjoyment too. which is more expensive [gears] and why.

smile
October 21, 2009 @ 01:49 AM
&y

i've never done either but i want to go snowboarding. it looks more extreme than skiing.
October 21, 2009 @ 01:52 AM
hypeist

prices are about the same...theres basic gear and advanced gear for both and they range in price by quite a lot. you can find gear for both for pretty cheap if you look though.

as far as fun goes, do what you want to do..
would you rather be a good snowboarder or a good skiier?
plus u can always rent stuff and try both. i personally like snowboarding better
October 21, 2009 @ 02:18 AM
sfhenry

I've done both.

Snowboarding > Skiing
October 21, 2009 @ 02:26 AM
internet

I've down both equally since I was real young and there's a few different ways I look at this. If I'm going out with friends to kind of explore the mountain or go off the beaten path I'll always ski because you don't get bogged down in powder as easy and its much easy to maneuver between trees. I go snowboarding when I'm hitting up resorts, going through terrain parks and when I'm going with a large group of people. From my experience its more difficult to learn how to snowboard then ski but it's worth it. cool

I gotta say that if you're not getting out into the back country then definitely:

snowboarding > skiing
October 21, 2009 @ 02:30 AM
Ferris.Bueller

Snowboarding.

Ive never tried skiing but it honestly doesnt even look that fun. Especially when your starting out.
You look like a goofy goober down the hill with them pizza slices....french fries....pizza slices lol
The best way to compare skiing and snowboarding is rollerblading and skateboarding
not much too it....your just permanently strapped down haha

Gear wise, im guessing skiis, bindings, and boots will run you the same as buying a snowboard, bindings, boots.
October 21, 2009 @ 02:51 AM
Hensack

Skiing > Snowboarding

I learnt when I was tiny wee so I didn't give a shit so, snowboarding is cool too man but I prefer to ski it feels more comfortable for me.

I don't understand this skiers hate snowboarders and visa versa business either.
October 21, 2009 @ 03:39 AM
chopstickthugz

I don't understand this skiers hate snowboarders and visa versa business either.

i guess it's the same just like skaters hate roller bladers and vice versa
October 21, 2009 @ 04:01 AM
STI Guy

ski for the awesome stability and speed. snowboard for the fun.
October 21, 2009 @ 09:26 AM
Dray

Neither, i'm black.
October 21, 2009 @ 09:46 AM
T.R

skiing
October 21, 2009 @ 09:48 AM
Dieneme

boarding hands down.
October 21, 2009 @ 09:56 AM
CONQ

been boarding for over 10 years
October 21, 2009 @ 10:10 AM
tyler,

Skiiiiiiiing no poles bit ch

Neither, i'm black.

A STARTLING REVELATION!
October 21, 2009 @ 11:46 AM
Mr. Clean

ive never done either. i would snowboard though. skiing just isint as cool.
October 21, 2009 @ 11:53 AM
flexi

snowboarding in a second.
October 21, 2009 @ 12:06 PM
1neSTixNJ

Snowboarding ftw! But I have many friends that do both and imo costs are comparable too. But I'd say do what feels right for u ...either way eventually I wana bomb Alta in Utah! cool
October 21, 2009 @ 01:38 PM
internet

there really isn't. except there are a few select skiers who think they are elite over snowboarders and feel like the mountain is theres since skiing came way before snowboarding.

for example me and a few friends were hiking up to a run where no chair ran, and theres a trail, fucking covered in snow, since its not on the main part of the mountain. anyway it was a bitch since your feet would sink it cause we had to take our boards off. this asshole skier comes zooming by and yells at us to move out of the way last second and when we didnt since we had no time. when he passes us he yells "get the hell out of the way for other people (with a total elitist tone)". so my friend says "hey fuck you", so of course the skier turns around, and we start talking shit to eachother for a good 5 minutes.

most skiers can be cool, its just the exceptional dickfuck's that make people assume theres a huge hate between them

I'm always annoyed with stupid noob skiiers when I'm out on my snowboard trying to hit jumps and stuff. Hate getting blocked constantly by little kids trying to go off ramps and stuff.
October 21, 2009 @ 04:32 PM
TheOne

Snowboarding coolcoolcoolcool
October 21, 2009 @ 05:14 PM
0ptic

Ive been snowboarding for a while now. I have never skied so i don't know much about what its like to learn, gear etc..

One thing i remember about snowboarding was the frustration in learning. I live in NY so slamming repeatedly into what is mostly just ice covered with an inch of groomed snow(last couple of years have been BAD) is no fun. When learning how to snowboard you have to accept that you will suck and look like a idiot for a short while. I taught myself how to snowboard and it was very painful and mentally defeating until i got my "snow legs" and got comfortable. To avoid this you might want to take a lesson(private is best) and skip some of the frustration.

When it comes to gear then just rent your first couple times to make sure you like it. When renting stay away from those step-in bindings. After you feel you want your own gear then talk to other riders and try stuff on at your local shop.

Yes i went all out but i hope this helps somebody
October 21, 2009 @ 08:47 PM
character

I never tried snowboarding, but I tried skiing and its too damn hard
October 22, 2009 @ 12:34 AM
AZNBALLA

I like skiing better, snowboardings too hard imo =/
October 22, 2009 @ 12:42 AM
Ferris.Bueller

Snowboarding ftw! But I have many friends that do both and imo costs are comparable too. But I'd say do what feels right for u ...either way eventually I wana bomb Alta in Utah! cool

You know burton was having this mad contest last season to see who could successfully bomb all these ski resorts (alta being one of them) and have it recorded. Me and a couple of buddies were gonna do this in Feb when we were up in Snowbird but got snowed in and couldnt.
owel...maybe this year.cool
October 22, 2009 @ 01:42 AM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Skateboarding.
October 22, 2009 @ 01:51 AM
1neSTixNJ

YES FUCKING A THOUSAND TIMES YES. that is possibly thee most annoying shit lol. nothing is worse than getting speed about to hit a jump only to have a dumbass skier (or snowboarder) takin their on the other side cause they fell or an 8 year old kid deciding to rest on the kicker

like this one time, me and a couple friends were dickin around and made a jump on the bunny hill. this like 10 year old kid is sitting at the top of the hill while were making it. we finish and he goes down while we hike up to hit it. he literally catches an edge on it and shaves the kicker in half...like seriously?

obviously that little kid is a douche for watching you and ur friends build a kicker, hike up to hit it, and go and fuck it up like that...but really? u built a jump on a bunny hill, for beginners, and you didn't at least expect some crap like that to happen?
October 22, 2009 @ 01:53 AM
1neSTixNJ

You know burton was having this mad contest last season to see who could successfully bomb all these ski resorts (alta being one of them) and have it recorded. Me and a couple of buddies were gonna do this in Feb when we were up in Snowbird but got snowed in and couldnt.
owel...maybe this year.cool

haha yea I saw that last year. It's crazy to see guys bury all their gear in the snow, rent skis, dig it all out and then bomb like that cool

Yea I wanted to go to Alta when I was in SLC but obviously I couldn't. Which made watching those Burton clips even better.
October 22, 2009 @ 01:54 AM
1neSTixNJ

o word, fair enough man. I mean, I'd be pissed as well.
October 22, 2009 @ 02:00 AM
Ferris.Bueller

haha yea I saw that last year. It's crazy to see guys bury all their gear in the snow, rent skis, dig it all out and then bomb like that cool

Yea I wanted to go to Alta when I was in SLC but obviously I couldn't. Which made watching those Burton clips even better.

Yea watchin those clips got me pumped the fuck up for the season.
First i was like suprised
then i was like cool
Mad props to them
October 22, 2009 @ 03:17 AM
Hensack

I'm always annoyed with stupid noob skiiers when I'm out on my snowboard trying to hit jumps and stuff. Hate getting blocked constantly by little kids trying to go off ramps and stuff.

I get the exact same but i'm a skier not a snowboarder, just with noobs in general both snowboard and skier cutting in on your line, it's funny to watch them just fall of the end of the jump cos they don't have enough speed though.

and Zach I just love arguing with them stuck up bitch skiers, just to hear some ponsy ass dude trying to act the tough guy and ruler of the slope. As soon as your wearing big pants and jacket you are a hoodlem, just like hoodies.
October 22, 2009 @ 03:25 AM
deadpooL

we need to unite like johnny tsunami.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lkqR-sXwEw

Please login first to reply.