Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
August 12, 2009 @ 09:27 PM
FROADS

I was having a discussion with a co-worker today and we were arguing on how religion in general, no to simply pick on Christianity or Islam, dissuades its followers from believing in science. Now the guy I was arguing with is a christian, so he basically rejects the simplest scientific notions out there and believes that we are descendants of adam and eve and that the world was created by god in 7 days.
Despite telling him that a lot of the stories in the bible are widely misinterpreted and that there is no concrete evidence for a lot of the stuff he believed in, the guy just wouldn't have it. Its like to him there are no flaws the Christian religion.

To know that there are people out there who are adamant about such beliefs shocks me a bit. I mean if you think about it for a minute, its this kind of mentality that leads to fanatiscism. Whether its faith in the almighty I don't know but I do know that a lot of these guys that follow God's word contradict themselves in other occasions. Same thing with Islamics; they praise peace and unity when at the same time there's an ongoing conflict between the Shiite and Sunni that has been going on for hundreds of years.

And the thing that gets at me the most is how millions of people can believe a lot of the bogus shit some of these religious institutions say with contradictions and their fear of god sorrounding every statement. From believing in a blue eyed god to that scientology spacecraft bs, somehow I think its all a facade to control the masses.

With that being said, I am not an atheist. Maybe agnostic because I don't believe in any type of religious man made institution, yet I do think that there is something out there with a higher force that makes the world move.
If it seems like I'm hating on any religious individual out there I'm not, on the contrary, I'd like to hear your case...Intrigue me..

So spit yo shit n add yo 2 cents..
ONE LOVE
August 12, 2009 @ 09:29 PM
Guapamole

inb4theheat
August 12, 2009 @ 09:37 PM
STI Guy

wow another god thread. fuck religious people.
Ryon

I believe in God
and nothing else relating to relgion
FROADS

yea i hate those ignorant christians like wtf soooo much scientific proof but they live off stuff in a book full of childrens stories. If god loves all why do children starve to death everyday? To show example? I think 1 kid dying is enough why cant the niggga jesus come down and break some bread into 498503485408574trillion pieces??

Yeah, i hear that a lot.. Like if they could differiate the stuff they hear on sunday mornings to the actual shit that happens I think it would spit more truth to the masses.. instead of doing this n that or taking extreme measure which is the case for muslims...prayin 20x a day.. man if u believe in god then u got him in your heart u don't gotta do all that shit..

no hate though
August 12, 2009 @ 09:39 PM
ClydeFrazier

i'm agnostic. religion is bullshit. period.

Melo Gang All Day

August 12, 2009 @ 09:40 PM
STI Guy

man i think this is a start of another long

August 12, 2009 @ 09:40 PM
ichigo81

i believe in something bigger then us, i don't know what it is but i do believe in god or jesus or whatever he is, i just have a problem with the bible, that book has been revised so many times and says one thing is not good but god is a symbol of love so i feel sometimes religion is some sort of mind control for the masses so u can live ur life this way so u can go to the happy place but if u don't become christian or catholic u are going to hell and live in damnation forever so i really don't believe in organize religion and i don't knock it but i just have my questions about it.
August 12, 2009 @ 09:42 PM
STI Guy

^exactly! how the fuck do you revise the bible? obviously to make it fit with the times so that the secret evil religious organization can keep the world in order.
August 12, 2009 @ 09:43 PM
vinsanityyy

god is retarded
August 12, 2009 @ 09:44 PM
FROADS

for real on top of that...another big ass contradictions would be one of those gluttony sins or how they criticize materialism but at the same time.. the pope lives in a big ass mansion in the vatican with a gold plated ceiling while dukes wearin a silk robe..meanwhile children in third world countries are starvin and dying from diseases...
August 12, 2009 @ 09:45 PM
FROADS

i dunno bout that....
August 12, 2009 @ 09:55 PM
FROADS

I agree yo. I being thinking sometimes that religion is a mind control for the masses. But then again ppl like me are scared about what if all the God, Heavn, Hell thing is real so then we turn Christian so that if it is real we got something to fall back on. Feel me?

Yea but then you'd be brushin off those other religions who have a different concept of god like The Buddhists, Hindus, and others ones that dont come to mind.. What i mean tho is who's to say their god or concept is wrong and our western counterparts are right... know what i mean shit trips me out.
August 12, 2009 @ 09:56 PM
est1984

this thread could open pandoras box!? suprisedsuprised
August 12, 2009 @ 09:57 PM
STI Guy

then how bout just saying all religions are wrong? i dont think anyone here is saying just one religion is wrong.
August 12, 2009 @ 10:03 PM
Goku

I jack off on the Bible!
August 12, 2009 @ 10:05 PM
Ryon

Cool bro
I bet you think youre a fuckin rebel
August 12, 2009 @ 10:08 PM
ichigo81

i feel what ever your relationship is with this big mystery in the sky wheter it's buddha, allah,jeseus,atheist,deist,agnostic whatever i do belive it's good to have faith and prayer, i mean i had surgery last month and it has gotten me through the hard times when i thought i wouldn't make it or when living back home in fillmore i would pray just to get out the hood and see different things and make it to college and live in a nice place and it happened but it was do to hardwork and faith, i don't know if god had a hand in it but prayer and faith got me through the hard times so whatever u practice i just say keep an open mind to everybodies religion that is were i have problem with religion it segregates us to just believeing in one thing when there god be thousands of gods and etc, i just keep my mind open to all situations and ideals from people, it makes u smarter and stronger so u don't fall for the bs they feed us like with tv evangelist putting water on a towel and sell it for ten bucks to heal u, now that is bs, and all these priest in mega manasions and like somebody said the pope god don't need money, these priest are fugazzicool
August 12, 2009 @ 10:08 PM
Goku

Naw, actually I needed something besides my carpet to release my jizz on and a frivulous book called the Bible was there to guide my semen.

A rebel would be telling someone on an internet forum that he's a rebel.
August 12, 2009 @ 10:09 PM
havok...

i think we should jus close this thread right now. ive never seen a successful religion thread.
August 12, 2009 @ 10:13 PM
FROADS

i feel what ever your relationship is with this big mystery in the sky wheter it's buddha, allah,jeseus,atheist,deist,agnostic whatever i do belive it's good to have faith and prayer, i mean i had surgery last month and it has gotten me through the hard times when i thought i wouldn't make it or when living back home in fillmore i would pray just to get out the hood and see different things and make it to college and live in a nice place and it happened but it was do to hardwork and faith, i don't know if god had a hand in it but prayer and faith got me through the hard times so whatever u practice i just say keep an open mind to everybodies religion that is were i have problem with religion it segregates us to just believeing in one thing when there god be thousands of gods and etc, i just keep my mind open to all situations and ideals from people, it makes u smarter and stronger so u don't fall for the bs they feed us like with tv evangelist putting water on a towel and sell it for ten bucks to heal u, now that is bs, and all these priest in mega manasions and like somebody said the pope god don't need money, these priest are fugazzicool

Mad respect that...especially that last sentence, didn't Jesus travel in sandals n simple garments
August 12, 2009 @ 10:17 PM
AyoItzJuno

ME personally i came from a REALLY religious fam. my grandma would go to chruch every sunday morning and she never missed any sunday morning mass or if she did she goes to church at noon time for like 20 something years real talk. but now i sometimes think that what's written in the bible is BS and stuff, yaknow? cuz when you spend time with yourself you realize alotta things. I don't believe in anything for now i just don't think about it that much. I don't even go to church no mo like i used to when i was little with my aunts and stuff.
August 12, 2009 @ 10:17 PM
soulamazing.

I am a firm follower of Catholicism. I believe in many religious institutions and ideas, but also disagree with some. I too believe religion, the Bible, whatever has its contradictions. That said, I am a firm believer in God as well as Catholicism (like I said earlier).

There are seriously some disrespectful asses in this thread.
August 12, 2009 @ 10:24 PM
FROADS

I am a firm follower of Catholicism. I believe in many religious institutions and ideas, but also disagree with some. I too believe religion, the Bible, whatever has its contradictions. That said, I am a firm believer in God as well as Catholicism (like I said earlier).

There are seriously some disrespectful asses in this thread.

U could probably guess from my location but yea a lotta people in my fam are Catholics and I respect them a lot except when it comes to not exercising those beliefs and then later on tellin others such as myself that your way or your actions are wrong... To keep it simple just mad hypocrisy.. Know what I mean
August 12, 2009 @ 10:33 PM
The Main Event

Religion suppresses free thought and prevents people from reaching their full potential.
August 12, 2009 @ 10:37 PM
soulamazing.

U could probably guess from my location but yea a lotta people in my fam are Catholics and I respect them a lot except when it comes to not exercising those beliefs and then later on tellin others such as myself that your way or your actions are wrong... To keep it simple just mad hypocrisy.. Know what I mean

I feel you.
August 12, 2009 @ 10:38 PM
STI Guy

Religion suppresses free thought and prevents people from reaching their full potential.

nah im not religious and even i think thats not correct. it sucks in other ways though.
August 12, 2009 @ 10:43 PM
ImperiusRex

I was raised Baptist, but i consider myself somewhat of a Deist. I belive in God and whatnot, i just honestly dont belive he/she intervines in our lifes. The way i see it, There would be no point in God giving us Free Will if he/she was going to intervine a willy nilly. I do beive everyone was born for a specific reason, but getting there is solely up to you.
August 12, 2009 @ 10:45 PM
vinsanityyy

goku ur my hero
August 12, 2009 @ 11:28 PM
Goku

From a logical standpoint, this is correct. Free thought can be defined as having infinite will to do what you want and learn what you want. Religion causes you to have belief in something that is so narrow-minded that it corrupts your sense of thought.

Religion is nothing more than geographical location and imperialist capitalization between countries.

Please login first to reply.