FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
October 11, 2009 @ 10:05 AM
SK1

I actually think Cotto has a shot at winning this fight, if he sticks to a good gameplan and doesn't take unnecessary punishment like against Margarito (Margarito probably cheated anyway). If you look at Manny's record, he has never fought a TRUE, PRIME welterweight. In my opinion, this is Manny's toughest test to date. Manny has only fought above 140 once, against De La Hoya. By that point in time Oscar was slow, dehydrated, and was not as strong he was at 154, where he could compete even if he was past his prime. By the time Manny got to Oscar at 147, Oscar was no longer the true welterweight he once was. Miguel Cotto at 147 will be a lot different from a deflated De La Hoya at the same weight. Cotto will be a lot stronger than Oscar was, and it will be interesting to see how Manny deals with his power and body work. I say this is a tough fight for Manny because it is only his 2nd fight at welterweight and it is against a champion in his prime at this weight division.
October 11, 2009 @ 11:53 AM
dizzzzle

i think cotto should be considered the favorite in this one....and id like to see pac get beat so that floyd has more of a shot to beat mosleys ass
October 11, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
DJ Ant

This fight is to confirm how good Pac-man is.
October 11, 2009 @ 01:00 PM
TurfsUpBreh

I can't wait. These guys are ready to throw down.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_aTLV3BDiE
October 11, 2009 @ 01:44 PM
GOLDENi

All I have to say is Cotto is huge compared to Pacquiao.
But we'll see when the fight starts.

Pacquiao looked bored at the end of the interview, lol.
At 3:08 haha Pacquiao looked up like something happened when he said DING DING.
October 11, 2009 @ 04:57 PM
na du.

i hope this stupid pinoy loses, but i highly doubt it.
October 11, 2009 @ 05:38 PM
cliphset

Stupid pinoy? Why are you calling the man stupid? He wins fights and he has pride for his country

Should be calling him the Pinoy Warrior

Pac by unanimous decision
October 11, 2009 @ 09:01 PM
ChickenAdobo

I actually think Cotto has a shot at winning this fight, if he sticks to a good gameplan and doesn't take unnecessary punishment like against Margarito (Margarito probably cheated anyway). If you look at Manny's record, he has never fought a TRUE, PRIME welterweight. In my opinion, this is Manny's toughest test to date. Manny has only fought above 140 once, against De La Hoya. By that point in time Oscar was slow, dehydrated, and was not as strong he was at 154, where he could compete even if he was past his prime. By the time Manny got to Oscar at 147, Oscar was no longer the true welterweight he once was. Miguel Cotto at 147 will be a lot different from a deflated De La Hoya at the same weight. Cotto will be a lot stronger than Oscar was, and it will be interesting to see how Manny deals with his power and body work. I say this is a tough fight for Manny because it is only his 2nd fight at welterweight and it is against a champion in his prime at this weight division.

i think this guy is pooprazz...
GO MANNY
October 12, 2009 @ 01:39 AM
wikedwun

Cotto is bigger man so its gonna be TUF for Manny to KO him, but I think he will do it in round 5-7
shirt is sick 5 & A Dime, coming through with another sick pacman tee. copping this for sure.

I got a extra size Medium if anyones looking:
October 12, 2009 @ 12:33 PM
brasil

Manny better be doing some insane leg workouts.
October 12, 2009 @ 12:38 PM
Dray

Im rooting for Cotto to humble you cocky ass pinoys. We all know Maywaether would demolish both of them smile.
October 12, 2009 @ 05:29 PM
ChickenAdobo

Im rooting for Cotto to humble you cocky ass pinoys. We all know Maywaether would demolish both of them smile.

lol Mayweather is trash. when he fought hatton it took him 10 f!@#ing round to knock him down.
Manny took 2.

mayweather is black.razz boo
October 12, 2009 @ 05:54 PM
brasil

lol Mayweather is trash. when he fought hatton it took him 10 f!@#ing round to knock him down.
Manny took 2.

God..not this argument again..
October 14, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
wikedwun

Manny took 2.

Word
October 14, 2009 @ 02:49 PM
playaballer1

^ yes but I actually think Pac is the underdog in this fight.
October 14, 2009 @ 03:59 PM
Lew

Manny took 2.

yes mayweather is trash

I hate stupid fucking idiots who don't know what the fuck they're talking about. If you like manny so be it, don't let your insane dickriding blind you to the fact you're calling one of the greatest boxers of all time trash.
October 14, 2009 @ 08:57 PM
lolwut

yes mayweather is trash...blah blah

How bout this? his ATTITUDE is trash. He's disrespectful and sure, he's a great boxer but this dude sucks as an entertainer. Manny Pacquiao is a great entertainer, his fights are always a pleasure to watch. Mayweather on the other hand fights for the win, which explains his pussy method of "hitting and backing off" shit just gets wayyy boring. like the de la hoya fight, "best fight ever" BS. shit was a borefest but when pac faced him everyone was all into it.
October 14, 2009 @ 09:03 PM
brasil

How bout this? his ATTITUDE is trash. He's disrespectful and sure, he's a great boxer but this dude sucks as an entertainer. Manny Pacquiao is a great entertainer, his fights are always a pleasure to watch. Mayweather on the other hand fights for the win, which explains his pussy method of "hitting and backing off" shit just gets wayyy boring. like the de la hoya fight, "best fight ever" BS. shit was a borefest but when pac faced him everyone was all into it.

lol, all i'm going to say is your entitled to your opinion.

for me..mayweather is one of the most exciting fighters..i like watching him give boxing lessons.
October 14, 2009 @ 09:09 PM
Stylztk

preachh it
October 14, 2009 @ 09:11 PM
GOLDENi

Manny's legs are crazy, the way he punches he uses all his body first from his legs. So his legs are top priority.

How much you selling wikedwun?

& I have to agree that Mayweather is a great boxer but sucks at entertaining, I watched his past few fights & shits so boring! Everyone who I was watching it with, which was like 20 people were all booing cause he would always run away. But that's how he fights & he won't change since he keeps winning. If I was undefeated by the way I fought shit I would keep doing it.
October 14, 2009 @ 09:19 PM
Dray

His attitude is the entertainment. His fights never cease to sell millions despite the fact that hes a "boring boxer" as you put it. Basically you and the guys that are agreeing with you rather watch a fight night round 4 brawl than true boxing which is an art.
October 14, 2009 @ 09:21 PM
lolwut

Manny's legs are crazy, the way he punches he uses all his body first from his legs. So his legs are top priority.

How much you selling wikedwun?

& I have to agree that Mayweather is a great boxer but sucks at entertaining, I watched his past few fights & shits so boring! Everyone who I was watching it with, which was like 20 people were all booing cause he would always run away. But that's how he fights & he won't change since he keeps winning. If I was undefeated by the way I fought shit I would keep doing it.

truth, but the whole point on being a top boxer is for entertainment. dunno if anyone saw the last vlad klitschko vs the mexican dude but even tho klitsh was winning he gave good entertainment. i can honestly say that outta all the fights ive seen(alot) mayweathers are always strictly about boxing and yes he does give boxing lessons but dude common, show some balls dont run away when you hit/ are getting hit. make it interesting. I only bought his last fight in hopes that his bitch ass was gonna lose. and yes ill admit i was dead wrong
October 14, 2009 @ 09:25 PM
lolwut

His attitude is the entertainment. His fights never cease to sell millions despite the fact that hes a "boring boxer" as you put it. Basically you and the guys that are agreeing with you rather watch a fight night round 4 brawl than true boxing which is an art.

his attitude is entertainment? being a douche/ ungrateful POS is some WWE shit not world class boxing . hes the kanye west of boxing, most of the people in the stands are always against him. cant wait for the day he loses. it'll be a great day. i agree true boxing is an art, but as u watch/ pay for a fight, you expect to get your moneys worth. Mayweather doesnt give it. its not that i wanna watch fight night in person, its just this dude needs to step it up and take risks
October 14, 2009 @ 10:21 PM
Dray

his attitude is entertainment? being a douche/ ungrateful POS is some WWE shit not world class boxing . hes the kanye west of boxing, most of the people in the stands are always against him. cant wait for the day he loses. it'll be a great day. i agree true boxing is an art, but as u watch/ pay for a fight, you expect to get your moneys worth. Mayweather doesnt give it. its not that i wanna watch fight night in person, its just this dude needs to step it up and take risks

Ali was cocky. It sells man whether you want to admit it or not, boxing would be boring as hell if it werent for the diversity of personalities. Mannys personality is boring to me but he is entitled to his humbleness. Two humble fighters is a boring fight though. You need a protagonist and antagonist.
October 14, 2009 @ 11:02 PM
lolwut

your right about antagonist and protaganist but ali was hella cocky AND put on a hell of a show
October 15, 2009 @ 12:26 AM
GOLDENi

Ali was cocky. It sells man whether you want to admit it or not, boxing would be boring as hell if it werent for the diversity of personalities. Mannys personality is boring to me but he is entitled to his humbleness. Two humble fighters is a boring fight though. You need a protagonist and antagonist.

I would have to disagree with this. Boxing is what happens IN THE RING, most people who watch these fights don't follow the boxer out of the ring so their personalities really doesn't matter. When the fighter steps in the ring, do you really think he's humble? His whole personality changes, the ring & outside the ring are two different places. When he's in the ring the fight personality & adrenaline comes in.

Yes being cocky sells but honestly if I never seen Mayweather fight before & saw his interviews & him being all cocky I would think he would want to go out there, beat the fuck out of the other guy, and just go at it 'til the end. But I would obviously be wrong. Most people who appreciate Mayweather are the boxing enthusiasts, the people who love watching THE SWEET SCIENCE instead of people just going at it.
October 15, 2009 @ 12:51 AM
Dray

I would have to disagree with this. Boxing is what happens IN THE RING, most people who watch these fights don't follow the boxer out of the ring so their personalities really doesn't matter. When the fighter steps in the ring, do you really think he's humble? His whole personality changes, the ring & outside the ring are two different places. When he's in the ring the fight personality & adrenaline comes in.

Yes being cocky sells but honestly if I never seen Mayweather fight before & saw his interviews & him being all cocky I would think he would want to go out there, beat the fuck out of the other guy, and just go at it 'til the end. But I would obviously be wrong. Most people who appreciate Mayweather are the boxing enthusiasts, the people who love watching THE SWEET SCIENCE instead of people just going at it.

Personalities meaning the interview and weigh in hype but I feel you.
October 15, 2009 @ 12:54 AM
lolwut

lol the weigh in shit is the gayest thing in boxing imo. all close n half naked.... nah braaah
October 15, 2009 @ 02:44 AM

I say Pac-man in 5.
Manny is waaaay to fast and quick for Cotto.

If Manny wins hopefully he fights Mayweather.
Mayweather is a counter-puncher and Pac-Man is a brawler.
If they fight it's gonna be a good fight regardless of all the talk about who's better.
When/If they fight, you'll see how they match up against eachother.
October 15, 2009 @ 08:55 AM
GOLDENi

Personalities meaning the interview and weigh in hype but I feel you.

Yeah, I understand that. But all in all it comes down to the style, not many people watch the interviews/weigh ins they usually just wait for the fights.

People come to watch what happens inside the ring, not outside.

Mayweather, he doesn't bring much excitement but whenever he throws a punch people are usually like OOOHH AHH since they know, even though he runs away & shit he still has the power to knock a guy out. Mayweather is one of a kind in this day & age of boxing.. I would love to see the 2 best fighters in the world join in the center of the ring.. I'm obviously talking about Pacquiao & Mayweather.

Please login first to reply.