FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
July 1, 2009 @ 12:12 AM
itZj0k3R

Well, I need some help fast because I have court on Thursday for a speeding ticket.
It's my first ticket and I'm 16, so I have to go to juvenile court.

I was clocked doing 88mph in a 65mph. When I was pulled over, there were 2 other people who were pulled over also. I only remember one of them was a red Cavalier specifically because I was driving behind him for a while until I realized he was going to fast and let off.

The officer told me I was clocked by a radar by air. I read this thing he gave me and it said that I was caught by a helicopter and then they called the officer on the ground to pull me over.

Here's the best story I can give which is pretty close to the truth, to be honest, I don't really remember what all happened.

I got on the highway and there was a red Cavalier in front of me. I kept constant with his speed for a bit until I realized he was going to fast because I passed up 2 cars pretty quick. So I let off and continue going about 68-70mph for the next 3 or so miles. That red Cavalier was gone. Then at the exit, I saw the Cavalier pulled over and another car. Then the officer pulls me over.

So, now my court date is on Thursday. I had a lawyer, but he bailed on me, now I'm really worried.

I told my friends that story that I'm going to tell the judge, but they all say that the judge will think I'm lying. And also, if the cop and pilot is there, they would say something. Will the cop AND the pilot be there? Or only the cop who pulled me over? All my friends tell me to plea no contest, but I really don't know what to do. I don't want to get my license suspended, that's all. All my friends who have gotten pulled over for speeding have gotten their license suspended. But worst of all, it's freaking summer. And I'm still trying to find a job. If I get my license suspended, it's gonna be tough.
Is it smart to try and fight the ticket even if it was a speed trap?

So, what should I say when court comes?
July 1, 2009 @ 12:17 AM
julian.

only one choice.
wear a supreme FUCK THE POLICE tee to trial.

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

July 1, 2009 @ 12:19 AM
Brooklyn_718

Say you had a friend that wanted to be a banker and was denied by 3 banks and so he decided to kill himself. You were trying to save your friend from killing himself so you were speeding to get to his apartment. Say it was his only dream to be a banker.
July 1, 2009 @ 12:25 AM
chargerfan

If your lucky the cop will not show up.
July 1, 2009 @ 02:01 AM
ImTired

Wear a fitted hat into the court and keep it on the whole time
July 1, 2009 @ 02:16 AM
zzzboy

the fuck are you talking about getting your license suspended? i did 22 over...not a big deal. you do traffic school and thats that. your story is so stupid...why the fuck does it matter if the car in front was going fast or not?

how old are you? are you sure your friends havent gotten multiple tickets?
July 1, 2009 @ 02:22 AM
noob_face

man up and tell it is how it is and just take the suspension and maybe if your lucky the judge will let you go that way...... lying will usually get you in more trouble especially if you suck at it. following the same footsteps as your friends?

or you could call those cops that can help you get away with it and get less punishment, it will cost you $$$ though obviously. Sometimes the cops don't even turn up to those things but if they got 2 other guys plus yourself, they might come cause it's 3 guys ffs.

anyways thats the my opinion advice.
July 1, 2009 @ 02:42 AM
DarianaGrande

ive got court for my first ticket coming up too....dont be so worried...your gunna get a fine and go to traffic school to clear that shit...and dont lie just keep it real

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

July 1, 2009 @ 02:45 AM
UghItsDave

There's a real easy to avoid this type of situation: Drive by the guidelines.

You put not only yourself, but other people in danger, you stupid fuck. You don't see all the commercials and videos of peoples brains coming out because of suckers like you?

I swear, the legal age of driving should be 21 because I know how easy it is to lure a dumb kid into doing anything dumb.

Since you wanted to drive like a "man" then take it like a man.

Co-sign. and wtf the cop pulled 3 of you guys over? Kudos to that motherfucker! Shame to the other two of you who got stopped. Cops win, plead no contest.
July 1, 2009 @ 02:51 AM
ice grillz

look up on craigslist.

i found a veteran cop of 15 years turned lawyer who knew ins and out of this kind of stuff, made a deal behind the courtroom, settled for defensive driving, paid $250 and did not get a point on my license. the ticket i got was $650+ for alleged 84/65 driving (JEEP WRANGLER with a fat friend in the car which killed the HP down to 140 @ 2 ton vehicle), pulling over to the left shoulder instead of right, failing to yield to row of emergency vehicle, and putting an officer in death situation because the car was pulled on the left instead of right.

like i said, you can find a lawyer, pay him some money, have him talk to the judge and work out a deal or contest it by asking to see the pilot's gun that was used to clock you and to see when it was calibrated and all the records of the radar gun.

TOP $$$ FOR - SUPREME ROSARY TEE/CREWNECK SIZE MED.

July 1, 2009 @ 09:10 AM
AntonyT

if the cop doesn't show up. which will probably happen, then the judge will throw out the ticket and tell u to gtfo
July 1, 2009 @ 10:34 AM
itZj0k3R

No it wasnt reckless, on my ticket it just says speeding and juvenile traffic.
i think its reckless when you go 25 over, i dunno.

i knew like 3 kids who were doing 15-20ish over their first ticket and they are like 16. they had their license suspended for 60-90 days.

and im telling you guys everything.
and it wasnt 1 cop who pulled all of us over. there was a van sittin with some satellite shit and when i got pulled over there were 2 other cops who pulled over the other 2 cars.
July 1, 2009 @ 11:07 AM
CONQ

If they ask your mom/dad/guardian, have them tell the judge that they have already punished you. Sometimes, that keeps them from giving you an actual punishment. Worked for me atleast
July 1, 2009 @ 11:59 AM
K BOOG

listen to my post. it is the most important. I just went to court yesterday, luckily mine was dismissed. and i hate 6 traffic violations last year.

dotn fight it, cops words weight more heavily on the judge than yours.

plead 'not responsible' and ask them to amend the citation to a 'non-moving violation'. what that means is they will ticket you for impeding/blockading and you will still have to pay the ticket, just no points.

It is a way for the court to still get the money but they give you a break by not getting the points.

They aren't going to suspend you license for a speeding violation. that only happens after multiple offenses or drunk driving/owi etc...
July 1, 2009 @ 12:01 PM
AntonyT

have someone hand deliver a large manilla envelope of pictures to the judge just outside of the courthouse 20 minutes before your hearing then leg it before he can be questioned....inside this mysterious envelope, he'll find pictures, pictures of his beloved children.

Be sure to include pictures of their school and pictures of them playing in an empty neighborhood playground unsupervised. bonus points if u can get close up shots of them sleeping in their beds....

...he'll get the fucking picture pretty fucking ricky tick if u get my meaning cool

this technique also works on job interviews, pie eating contests, at supreme, and before boxing matches when you need the odds in your favor...word niggga, niggga word cool

say word niggga, say word
July 1, 2009 @ 12:03 PM
rickqlo

Say you had a friend that wanted to be a banker and was denied by 3 banks and so he decided to kill himself. You were trying to save your friend from killing himself so you were speeding to get to his apartment. Say it was his only dream to be a banker.

Hahahahaha cool nice reference
July 1, 2009 @ 12:12 PM
Deemy

It doesn't matter if you say you were keeping up with the red Cavalier because you're still breaking the law. Just because he's doing it doesn't mean you can; going with the flow of traffic won't help you in court. People murder people but that doesn't mean you have to do it.
July 1, 2009 @ 01:28 PM
Podge

I've been caught doing a 50 in a 30.
Just request to meet a hearing officer, instead of actually wasting time in court(which would actually cost more because of court fees). Say you are a student(knocks about 5 or more dollars off the ticket). Then request probationary period, since you are 16 and, I hope this is your first moving violation, which will pretty much say that as long as you don't get another moving violation or anything like that to be an uncivilized citizen for a year, the ticket will not be on your record. Thats what my deal negotiation was when I went in.
High chance the cop and pilot won't be at the court if it gets called that far.
Good luck. Hope they lax on you as they were with me.
~Lefty
July 1, 2009 @ 02:57 PM
Soul Kitchen

you're trippin... dont get a lawyer. when i was 17 i got a ticket for 80 in a 35 and all that happens is your insurance flies up. they judge doesnt even ask you what happened, they just give you an option to go to traffic court. and at the time i had already one ticket a year ago when i got the second one.

unless you're charged with reckless driving or something you're fine.. they wont suspend your license.
July 1, 2009 @ 03:03 PM
Soul Kitchen

not sure. it was wack my mom had to drive down and pick me up and my car cause they wouldnt let me drive off, i had to sit on the side of the road with the motocycle cop for like 10 minutes, haha it was hella awkward. my ticket was huge cause once you go double the speed limit or whatever it spikes like 200 bucks.
July 1, 2009 @ 03:18 PM
Carl.

i see what u did there seinfeld lol

radda radda radda

July 1, 2009 @ 03:57 PM
southwest55

This.

Or if he does just take the plea deal and pay the ticket for no points on your license.
July 1, 2009 @ 04:11 PM
.emaN

i just got pulled over going 89 in a 55 back in April... nigggggggggggggggggggaaaaaaa I didn't even go to court. Just paid it at the front desk and they reduced it from 450 to 325.

Please login first to reply.