Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 13, 2009 @ 06:16 PM
Requiem

Seriously, think about it...that's a long time.

Think of all thats happened in the previous thousand years...its crazy

Think of all that COULD happen in the centuries to come.

I don't think we'll make it quite honestly, and we'll have no one to blame but ourselves.
June 13, 2009 @ 06:19 PM
koedog.

hell no. lol at this rate i'd be surprised if we get through the next 100 years.

in 1000 years things are gonna be veryyyyy different. highly advanced technology that some people will benefit the world in many ways, but then there are the bad people that will try and like blow shit up.

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

June 13, 2009 @ 06:19 PM
kiko

^^i think we could.... even with all this end of the world talk. from what i've heard through older generations is that people have been sayin the worlds gunna end since forever so what makes this generation so different? as far as advancing i think were just about at the peak of technological advancement and that nothing is going to radically change from here on out.
June 13, 2009 @ 06:28 PM
bonerpatrol

i dont give a fuck as long as its after i die
June 13, 2009 @ 06:31 PM
strangers

Naw, we're going to fuck up some how.
June 13, 2009 @ 06:36 PM
Requiem

Ya fuck North Korea
June 13, 2009 @ 08:00 PM

Inactive

There's so many feasible doomsday scenarios that will wipe us out before 3000. Barring some miraculous technological advances, we're going to either nuke ourselves to death, run out of natural resources, get hit by a meteor, or run out land to live on leading to either famine or competition (war) for land/resources. I'm glad me and my grandkids will be long gone before some of those guaranteed disasters hit.
June 13, 2009 @ 08:01 PM
clutchin.

Natural resources will be long gone. So, no.

Not to mention the ozone, natural disasters, etc.
June 13, 2009 @ 08:52 PM
EmitWohs

If we don't develop a efficient way to use solar energy then we're screwed. Ozone = effect from the greenhouse effect?
June 13, 2009 @ 09:01 PM
KALiKUSH

i dont give a fuck
June 13, 2009 @ 09:08 PM
Little2josh

June 13, 2009 @ 09:30 PM
Chewbakka

We DO have enough natural resources to last us a VERY long time, Geothermal Energy. But to develop a way to actualy extract the energy requires quite a bit of money, which we're wasting on digging for shitless oil, so fuck that. And I think life itself will continue to survive in the 1000 years, but humans will evolve in such a drastic manner that the future species cannot be classified as humans. Hypothetically, I'm talking about gray-ish/blue-ish skin, big heads, muscular bodies, body parts sized at different proportions in refrence to which are used the most/least, etc etc.

In conclusion, some crazy shit lol.
June 14, 2009 @ 02:41 AM
Ryon

Imma be dead before 100 years from now
so I really dont care

but it would be nice for us to live on that long
June 14, 2009 @ 02:54 AM
zyezye

futurama type shit.

but idgaf
June 14, 2009 @ 02:58 AM
Dorfmeister

no, we won't last 1000 years. why? because we're more likely to build technology that will destroy rather than technology that will do good. Unless a very radical change occurs, I don't see anything good for the fate of humanity.
June 14, 2009 @ 03:08 AM
saurier

everyone has exactly the sort of mentality that has fucked the planet up for our generation.

RAPE THE MOTHERFUCKING PLANET. IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE TO FOOT THE BILL.

http://saurierco.com ///////////////////// Molosser Rex

June 14, 2009 @ 04:09 AM
Homeless

I don't give a fuck, I'll be dead way before that.

thanks for the relevant input bro
June 14, 2009 @ 04:27 AM
Soul Kitchen

i dont give a fuck as long as its after i die

I don't give a fuck, I'll be dead way before that.

great philosophies, its thinking patterns like this that show why the human race won't last that long.

humans are smart, but not smart enough to give a fuck about anyone else. naturally everyone is extremely selfish and in the end only caters to their needs.

we're going to run out of food if we even last that long, we'll probably end up blowing each other up leaving hardly anyone left.
June 14, 2009 @ 05:56 AM
jvo

if you seriously think north korea will do anything...you are incredibly stupid
June 14, 2009 @ 06:16 AM
Beez

cryogenics anyone?

j/p

Instagram @brandohn San Francisco, CA findme.

June 14, 2009 @ 08:21 AM
Dorfmeister

if you seriously think north korea will do anything...you are incredibly stupid

north korea has nothing to lose so they do have the potential of doing something.
June 14, 2009 @ 01:36 PM

Inactive

Two words. Yes No
June 14, 2009 @ 01:51 PM
Logikal Accord

What's your idea?
June 14, 2009 @ 01:57 PM
[sK.]-calamity

studies have shown that the Y chromosome is slowly getting shorter and shorter....in roughly 5000 years, if theres anything left, there'll only be women on the planet

true story...
June 14, 2009 @ 02:07 PM
owensA

I'm sure we'll be around in 1,000 years. The major threat has been nukesbut the nuclear threat no longer hangs over us like it did in the Cold War. The only country crazy enough to actually consider using them would be North Korea and they're nuclear program is pretty shitty and doesn't have the capacity to wipe out South Korea, let alone the world. We've been around for like 200,000 years and the current political/military state that we're in doesn't point toward any kind of apocalyptic event approaching. Climate change is a bitch but it doesn't have the capacity to wipe our whole race out w/in 1,000 years. Then again, the world's unpredictable, 200 years ago you couldn't have predicted the dawn of the nuclear age but here we are.
June 14, 2009 @ 02:20 PM
Zach

our resources will probably be depleted before 1,000 years.
our forests are shrinking at an alarming rate in asia because they are trying to make farmlands. Those farmlands however can only be used for a certain time, then they must cut down more forest to make more land. Forests provide wood, oxygen, and much more beneficial things to us than we could think of.

oil is depleting too, and you can expect gas to have a bitchin price tag these coming years, as it will cost more for them to drill it out of the ground.

as for other forms of energy, we are beginning to utilize solar power, and wind power more. They are currently building the largest solar power plant in the world in the mojave desert, which will be able to power at least 300k+ homes by itself, which will save a ton of money. In Germany, entire neighborhoods have solar panels on their roofs. They cost them about 30k to install, but they are beneficial to the owners, as they can sell the excess energy back to the government. Don't be surprised if you start seeing these pop up on more people's homes.

Nuclear energy is a insanely way to getting vast amounts of energy out of small materials, but nuclear power plants are extremely expensive to build and maintain/run as they have to have the right metals, building materials, etc. People say these themselves are dangerous when they really aren't, but its the waste and how to dispose of it. As oil begins to significantly get cut down, these might start showing up more frequently as well...

its crazy but all of these things are SOMEhow connected to eachother, so if we fuck one thing up, its bound to have a profound effect on something else vital to us. So 1,000 years is a big stretch...
June 14, 2009 @ 04:00 PM
owensA

^^decreasing resources wouldn't necessarily trigger some sort of cataclysmic event that would end humanity. It might lead to increasing poverty and a smaller population but I don't think that in and of itself is a signal of the end. Ppl are pretty resourceful, I think we'll find alternative ways to make energy especially as only as of late have alternative energies started to show promise and gain proper funding in light of increasing fossil fuel prices. And btw, Germany's love for solar power is kind of shit for them. Germany is amongst the least sunny of all countries. I suspect their support of solar power is due to poorly planned gov't subsidies and a fairly strong environmentalist culture. It makes sense in places like the American Midwest as a supplementary source but solar power only works half the day, it's part of the solution but it can only provide so much energy. And ya nuclear energy's quite good, just pricey.
June 14, 2009 @ 04:03 PM
IamSean

Human ingenuity is nearly limitless. Technology will let humanity prosper for more than another 1000 years.
June 14, 2009 @ 04:12 PM
Little2josh

By the 1,000 years from now. The kings of Babylon will accomplish their goal of population goal (human population cant surpass 500,000)>sad
June 14, 2009 @ 04:15 PM
Zach

^^decreasing resources wouldn't necessarily trigger some sort of cataclysmic event that would end humanity. It might lead to increasing poverty and a smaller population but I don't think that in and of itself is a signal of the end. Ppl are pretty resourceful, I think we'll find alternative ways to make energy especially as only as of late have alternative energies started to show promise and gain proper funding in light of increasing fossil fuel prices. And btw, Germany's love for solar power is kind of shit for them. Germany is amongst the least sunny of all countries. I suspect their support of solar power is due to poorly planned gov't subsidies and a fairly strong environmentalist culture. It makes sense in places like the American Midwest as a supplementary source but solar power only works half the day, it's part of the solution but it can only provide so much energy. And ya nuclear energy's quite good, just pricey.

i know, Germany has them in places like Berlin where it's not very sunny, but they are still benefiting from the solar power they DO get, and which leaves a much less footprint on the environment then all the coal and oil we use here

Please login first to reply.