JayLovesPinays

hard enough that you can't be one
May 20, 2009 @ 05:03 PM
AntonyT

that bitch ass faggot nigar pussy licker dick taker SubPrime
May 20, 2009 @ 05:31 PM
SubPrime

there are 3 paths you have to take , i've only completed the 1st path

1st path: Completing your undergraduate degree with pre-med requirements(General chem/orgo/bio/physics/labs)

and taking the motherfuckin MCAT(should start studying for it right now if u plan to take it in a year or so).

then applying for medical school and matriculating.

Cumulative GPA needs to be 3.5 or above, and science GPA needs to be around the same.

I developed Telogen Effilivium worrying about whether I would be accepted. I'm back to normal now, but shit was nerve wrecking.

2nd path

Medical School. You have to study at least 5-6 hours or more each day. That's like the bare minimum. And even that you may just barely pass. It's not like the material is going to be super hard. It's the fact that there is so much fuckin material. You have to memorize, memorize, and memorize.

You also have to start studying to take your licence exams(USMLE 1, 2, and 3). They are called Step exams. You basically have to DO GOOD ON THESE EXAMS, because they dictate what kind of residency you will go into.

If you have a good USMLE exam score, you can get into the higher residencies(Radiology, dermatology, Shit taht pays more than your average family physician).

3rd path

Once you have all your Step scores and completed your M.D (4 years + previous 4 years of undergrad) you need to apply for residencies. This is nerve wrecking too, cause you gotta sit there and wait and see what hospital/practice you are going to.

You basically have to apply a lot of residencies, and hope that one of them wants you to work with them.

And whatever speciality you choose, there are might be prequisite time frames that you need to fulfill before you can actually enter that speciality.

For Example: Plastic Surgeon

This requires a general surgery internship for 5 years after medical school plus the remaining plastic surgery internship.

This means that you will be in your mid to late 30s, before offically becoming one of those 90210 plastic surgeons.

bottom line , shit is hard, you worry a lot, and it takes a lot of time outta your life
May 20, 2009 @ 05:38 PM
BruhMan

bottom line , shit is hard, you worry a lot, and it takes a lot of time outta your life

you always in the shoutbox fuckboi
May 20, 2009 @ 05:39 PM
SubPrime

you always in the shoutbox fuckboi

May 20, 2009 @ 06:03 PM
thepaintedbird

Dr.SubPrime lol
May 20, 2009 @ 06:05 PM
ley831

1st path: Completing your undergraduate degree with pre-med requirements(General chem/orgo/bio/physics/labs)

and taking the motherfuckin MCAT(should start studying for it right now if u plan to take it in a year or so).

Cumulative GPA needs to be 3.5 or above, and science GPA needs to be around the same.

I developed Telogen Effilivium worrying about whether I would be accepted. I'm back to normal now, but shit was nerve wrecking.

2nd path

Medical School. You have to study at least 5-6 hours or more each day. That's like the bare minimum. And even that you may just barely pass. It's not like the material is going to be super hard. It's the fact that there is so much fuckin material. You have to memorize, memorize, and memorize.

You also have to start studying to take your licence exams(USMLE 1, 2, and 3). They are called Step exams. You basically have to DO GOOD ON THESE EXAMS, because they dictate what kind of residency you will go into.

If you have a good USMLE exam score, you can get into the higher residencies(Radiology, dermatology, Shit taht pays more than your average family physician).

3rd path

Once you have all your Step scores and completed your M.D (4 years + previous 4 years of undergrad) you need to apply for residencies. This is nerve wrecking too, cause you gotta sit there and wait and see what hospital/practice you are going to.

You basically have to apply a lot of residencies, and hope that one of them wants you to work with them.

And whatever speciality you choose, there are might be prequisite time frames that you need to fulfill before you can actually enter that speciality.

This requires a general surgery internship for 5 years after medical school plus the remaining plastic surgery internship.

This means that you will be in your mid to late 30s, before offically becoming one of those 90210 plastic surgeons.

Yep. This is exactly right! My girl is about to take the step! Might as well lock this thread up.
May 20, 2009 @ 06:20 PM
st3p.

I dont wanna be a radiologist anymore :l
May 20, 2009 @ 06:34 PM
AntonyT

sub, hook me up with some penis pills. <3

bombaclot johnson won't stay erect
May 20, 2009 @ 07:02 PM
skaeggska

fuck that is alot of school. but I guess itllpay off. good luck subprime
May 20, 2009 @ 07:47 PM
!OhYesHeDid!

It sounds fun. I think I'm in
May 21, 2009 @ 12:05 AM
IamSean

I'm studying for the MCAT and I feel like hanging myself.
May 21, 2009 @ 12:06 AM
faggot

Dr. Cool right here.
May 21, 2009 @ 12:06 AM
SubPrime

@sean what subject u studying rite now?
May 21, 2009 @ 12:20 AM
IamSean

I switch up what I'm studying every day, but Bio has been a real bitch so far. I'm just really stressed about getting a good score. I really don't want to spend a year strengthening my app after I graduate so I'm thinking a need around 35 to have a good chance at an MD school on my first shot. I'm also taking a Princeton Review class which is complete shit and it's getting on my nerves.
May 21, 2009 @ 12:25 AM
SubPrime

yo honestly, those types of classes and Kaplan really are pretty general. I never took princeton review so I don't know. But i'm sure you're doing alright. 35 is a fucking high score and you talking about it leads me to believe that you're in that range already.

If you really want to master this shit read your chemistry and physics text book just to get the physical sciences section down 100%. And it will come easy like butta

Biology is pretty general(although they can throw shit at you you've never studied, so study everything i.e cell junctions etc) , but organic chemsitry you can review your textbook.

I find that each Kaplan/princeton/exam crackers review books have different info in them. So you can go to your book store and just read them to find out the extra info. But mainly most of the information you should get from your textbooks. Think about it like this, The outline of what you need to know on the MCAT is from those Kaplan/Princeton review books, and the information is in your textbooks.

also aamc has those practice tests you can download, also do like a lot of HARD PROBLEMS, THE HARDEST MCAT PROBLEMS THERE ARE so that when test day comes, you can basically pwn the shit outta everyhing

don't get strung up on studying. Relax. Don't take everything too seriously. This test doesn't dictate your future. Trust me, this is coming from one HB member to another. You can take the MCAT as many times as you want, and if u don't feel like u had a good score u can void it at the end of the test and admissions will never know u took it. So fuck it, and kick ass

oh yeah, remember to DO YOu. don't think about anyone else, your peers competing against you to get a seat into whatever school. Clear your mind, and just do you. Concentrate on you, and not what admissions wants. If you're too hung up on this, you may not be able to perform 100% in whatever you're doing.
May 21, 2009 @ 12:29 AM
clutchin.

lol

:3
May 21, 2009 @ 12:40 AM
unknown force.

you are you gonna be a doctor if you steal shit from a shitty store like urban outfitters
May 21, 2009 @ 12:57 AM
IamSean

I hear you Sub, but I'm definitely not in the 35 range yet and my science gpa is only 3.4 so I kind of need to do well on the MCAT. I have a friend who got a 36 and had a better gpa than me who didn't get in anywhere so it's kind of hard not to be stressed.

I've pretty much decided that if I don't get in anywhere in the US after 1 try I'm just going to go the Caribbean. The thought of going to the Caribbean sucks, but kind of comforting at the same time because it's pretty much a sure thing and because I know some overseas grads who are doing really well even by Physician standards. TBH I think I'll be happy no matter where I go so I'm not going to be too upset if I can't get in here.

Thanks for the tips my textbook is definitely necessary for O Chem. I'm really having trouble with my speed, but I've got a couple of months to work that out.
May 21, 2009 @ 01:21 AM
bokchoy`

interesting...

its pretty different to the canadian steps in going to med

http://instagram.com/eleong

May 21, 2009 @ 01:31 AM
Beez

SumPrime are you in the Bay Area? (noticing the Bubrub avy)

anyways, it's hard enough to be a doctor but the location = competition just makes it worse.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

May 21, 2009 @ 02:14 AM
kuli

im studying medicine in australia
our system is pretty different from the US
we have a mix of undergraduate and graduate courses
im currently in my 5th year of undergrad med
got 18 more months till ive finished
then after that i got 1 year of internship and a few years of residency before i apply for a training program
its definitely a career for the long haul and youre gonna be studying all the time
cos treatments are always changing
but it makes things interesting
May 21, 2009 @ 10:48 AM
SubPrime

I hear you Sub, but I'm definitely not in the 35 range yet and my science gpa is only 3.4 so I kind of need to do well on the MCAT. I have a friend who got a 36 and had a better gpa than me who didn't get in anywhere so it's kind of hard not to be stressed.

I've pretty much decided that if I don't get in anywhere in the US after 1 try I'm just going to go the Caribbean. The thought of going to the Caribbean sucks, but kind of comforting at the same time because it's pretty much a sure thing and because I know some overseas grads who are doing really well even by Physician standards. TBH I think I'll be happy no matter where I go so I'm not going to be too upset if I can't get in here.

Thanks for the tips my textbook is definitely necessary for O Chem. I'm really having trouble with my speed, but I've got a couple of months to work that out.

3.4 can definitely get you into a U.S medical school, do not sell yourself short at all. You can also go D.O route, or even Carribean route. All schools are good because they all teach the same material. Carribean you do 2 years there, and the last 2 clinical years in the U.S, so it's all good.

Yeah you'll do fine so don't worry.
May 21, 2009 @ 11:27 AM
AntonyT

gdamn, Sub is so supportive. hold me nigar
May 21, 2009 @ 11:40 AM
SubPrime

gdamn, Sub is so supportive. hold me nigar

May 21, 2009 @ 11:47 AM
Beez

reply back to me subprime, that's rude.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

May 21, 2009 @ 11:53 AM
SubPrime

reply back to me subprime, that's rude.

naw shun, i'm from MI, but i would like to go visit Bubb Rubb and lil sis one day
May 22, 2009 @ 09:46 PM
Guileless

2nd path

3rd path

Is it possible to get all that with just a G.E.D? Just wondering for myself.

Please login first to reply.