Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 24, 2009 @ 10:03 AM
TR.eat

fuck i cant even google anything

co sing
May 24, 2009 @ 10:11 AM
estoybien

when you guys refer to asia, you guys are talking about japan i'm pretty sure.

i've been to most major chinese cities, and the only people who GAF about fashion are the very wealthy you see walking down international shopping districts.
May 24, 2009 @ 12:03 PM
alex.

isnt korea even bigger in fashion than japan? I mean always when i see some "jap chicks" im like damn and and then im always told that they are from korea confused
May 24, 2009 @ 12:40 PM

Inactive

somone needs to go to korea or japan and start taking mad pics of girls.
razzrazz
May 24, 2009 @ 12:44 PM
AutoSwag

It just doesn't look right to me... i want women to look like women... not wearing the same shit as teenage boys.
May 24, 2009 @ 12:45 PM
alex.

It just doesn't look right to me... i want women to look like women... not wearing the same shit as teenage boys.

i agree but azn girls like very good in these streetwear/baggy/whatever clothes..girls with normal eyes not
May 24, 2009 @ 05:34 PM
Cboom

I have spent extensive time in East Asia and I live in an area populated by an Asian majority, be it HK immigrants or Japanese teenage Working Holidayers and I can tell you first hand that Asians, especially Japanese Tokyoites are without a doubt THE most shallow, trend-hopping, self-concious , materialistic people on the planet. Pop culture defines moderne Japanese culture, like it or not. There are hotlines in Japan that you can call that will tell you what it the hottest band, TV show, film, fashion trend etc. just so you can blend with the sheep. Asia is sheep culture.

We're talking about people that go to tanning booths with ski goggles and golfing gloves just so they can look like they are part of the/a scene. I shit you not.

ALL about image and projection.

Don't get me wrong, I love Japan more than my unborn child but if anyone says that they are in anyway trend-setters and 'don't give a shit what other people think of them' is completely out of touch, regardless of whether you have visited or not.

Also keep in mind, like someone said previously, the Japanese like everything American. Just like we think JDM cars are cool, USDM cars are the ultimate status symbol there. Same with denim. Here we all want 'Made in Japan', there they actually ship their denim to the US to have it 'handled' then shipped back to JP just so they can stamp 'made in the U.S.A.' on it.

They are a very peculier people.
May 24, 2009 @ 10:22 PM

Inactive

^well, my friend its trend setting for everyone in the world to follow.
someones gotta start it, and fortunately its the Japaneses we who tend to follow not the American Eagle and AB&F of America. razzrazzrazz
May 25, 2009 @ 01:32 AM
Ledger

Cboom: you speak the truth. Most young people there will never have their own house, all they do is blow their salary on clothes etc and live with their folks until they die, which their kids will do the same. Go to Tokyo and you see almost every person has some sort of designer good on them.

When ever something new comes out and there is a bit of hype, they all jump on it. Then they questions why their economy is fucked due to the recession, simply people don't have enough money to buy all the gear they want each month and as a result, local business' go under.

Quite sad really.
May 25, 2009 @ 01:52 AM
&y

why is there so much talk, and so little pictures?
May 25, 2009 @ 02:01 AM

Inactive

^cause its hella hard to find pictures these days.
May 25, 2009 @ 05:13 AM
Cairo

Cboom: you speak the truth. Most young people there will never have their own house, all they do is blow their salary on clothes etc and live with their folks until they die, which their kids will do the same. Go to Tokyo and you see almost every person has some sort of designer good on them.

When ever something new comes out and there is a bit of hype, they all jump on it. Then they questions why their economy is fucked due to the recession, simply people don't have enough money to buy all the gear they want each month and as a result, local business' go under.

Quite sad really.

There is def some truth to this. when I was in Japan the kids I was chilling with were broke 24/7, because even though they might work a part time job or their parents kicked them down some cash, they spent it within about 2 days.
May 25, 2009 @ 07:20 AM
HiSCR!

There is def some truth to this. when I was in Japan the kids I was chilling with were broke 24/7, because even though they might work a part time job or their parents kicked them down some cash, they spent it within about 2 days.

Yeah, I'm just starting to see the downside to this way of life, ha.
May 25, 2009 @ 07:24 AM
May 25, 2009 @ 10:44 AM
swagasfuck

May 25, 2009 @ 10:50 AM
alex.

wtf is that a female iss confused
May 25, 2009 @ 12:55 PM
TR.eat

wtf dude??
May 25, 2009 @ 01:05 PM
AutoSwag

I have spent extensive time in East Asia and I live in an area populated by an Asian majority, be it HK immigrants or Japanese teenage Working Holidayers and I can tell you first hand that Asians, especially Japanese Tokyoites are without a doubt THE most shallow, trend-hopping, self-concious , materialistic people on the planet. Pop culture defines moderne Japanese culture, like it or not. There are hotlines in Japan that you can call that will tell you what it the hottest band, TV show, film, fashion trend etc. just so you can blend with the sheep. Asia is sheep culture.

We're talking about people that go to tanning booths with ski goggles and golfing gloves just so they can look like they are part of the/a scene. I shit you not.

ALL about image and projection.

Don't get me wrong, I love Japan more than my unborn child but if anyone says that they are in anyway trend-setters and 'don't give a shit what other people think of them' is completely out of touch, regardless of whether you have visited or not.

Also keep in mind, like someone said previously, the Japanese like everything American. Just like we think JDM cars are cool, USDM cars are the ultimate status symbol there. Same with denim. Here we all want 'Made in Japan', there they actually ship their denim to the US to have it 'handled' then shipped back to JP just so they can stamp 'made in the U.S.A.' on it.

They are a very peculier people.

Stop telling people about the rebound effect , i haven't utilized it to my full economic potential yet.
May 25, 2009 @ 01:32 PM

Inactive

we are so off topic right now. . . .
but yeah. . .life, is still more legit over seas @ japan. razz
May 25, 2009 @ 02:20 PM
senormateoo

wtf dude??

do you dressss like a street wear chick?
May 25, 2009 @ 02:26 PM
TR.eat

do you dressss like a street wear chick?

I dress half of the time streetwere / half of the time classy or I don't know how you say in english
May 25, 2009 @ 02:34 PM
senormateoo

lol i think you said it perfectly in english

speaker of the french language?
May 25, 2009 @ 04:30 PM

Inactive

bonjour. . .[spelling] i wanna see some european street wear chicks. . .
the only one from the top of my head is Lady Soverighn[spelling on that too]
May 25, 2009 @ 04:33 PM
TR.eat

Lady Sovereign
May 25, 2009 @ 05:41 PM
alex.

she's fugly and looks like 12-year-old..not that i dont like me some jailbait &) but that's too much.
May 25, 2009 @ 05:46 PM
SimpleAsAbc

I dont know anybody over here (england) that classes Lady Sovereign as a streetwear girl , she's known as a chav.
Its probaby because of what she used to be like before she started wearing kid robot and stuff.

Then she changed he hair.

These might not be the most complimentative photos of her but yeah there she is.
For some reason ive always had a thing for her.
May 25, 2009 @ 07:22 PM
SimpleAsAbc

she's fugly man.
May 25, 2009 @ 07:25 PM
strangers

for the love of god why?
May 25, 2009 @ 10:00 PM
tspence

I think it's cool when girls mix streetwear into a more feminine look. Not down for girls dressing like guys though.
May 25, 2009 @ 11:27 PM
JuanBeesknees

the girl up there is a cutie

Please login first to reply.