Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 8, 2009 @ 05:22 PM
eastcoastchris

couple of goofy ass twins who look like every other streetwear kid in nyc, its ridiculous. i mean its the same way Basquiat got discovered, but at least he was actually creating something.

im cool with the heart and duck pins, but seriously, what they are charging for these things is insane. i guess you can charge whatever you want when power figures like kanye and marc jacobs are all on your nuts. not to mention how hard kidrobot is riding that shit out. they made a block out of legos, glued it to a scout belt and think they can charge $85 a pop? you know that might cost $5 tops for all supplies to make.

im gonna call this one more reason i cant stand the hype.
May 8, 2009 @ 05:24 PM
fast1

who are they? do you know a website that talks more about them?
May 8, 2009 @ 05:29 PM
K BOOG

funny thing is that I saw them on The Satorialist like they were really doing it. Shit is so 2007.
May 8, 2009 @ 05:29 PM
unknown force.

never heard of dem
May 8, 2009 @ 05:31 PM
10PIECE

the guys who make cool shit with legos and resell them for rediculous amounts of money, when in fact u could do it yourself.

http://cargocollective.com/BrancheC http://www.behance.net/BrancheC

May 8, 2009 @ 05:47 PM
C.Dante

lol they made the shit for kanye
May 8, 2009 @ 06:24 PM
LOCHNESS

This will probably still up a little argument but just for the sake of throwing both sides of the story out there.

I feel like you have to give some respect to two kids who instead of standing around in streetwear like any other kid in NYC took it upon themselves to insert themselves into the culture and beyond through a couple of great marketing steps. Those kids are what 21? And they have already done a collaboration with Marc Jacobs, Had Kanye West wearing their creation on the cover a national magazine, and appeared in numerous print publications themselves? And whether or not you are a fan of the Sartorialist, being featured on that blog makes a statement.

I can see why people would hate on the pins, I personally would probably make my own before buying one for $85 but I think it's missing the point if you ignore the fact that these are really young kids who have made some pretty big moves already at a young age.
May 8, 2009 @ 06:25 PM
DarianaGrande

The products are gay

but you cant knock their hustle

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

May 8, 2009 @ 06:50 PM
Blaz3r

my friend knows DEE lol

they really want to be famous though
May 8, 2009 @ 06:51 PM
May 8, 2009 @ 06:58 PM
Juki

I figure they better get money while they can. That lego heart/buckle got hot and everyone in fashion some musicians jumped on it. This trend will only last so long like much in the fashion industry. I don't see them being around a year from now unless they branch out to other things. Either way I can respect their hustle. They thought it up, created it, marketed it and capitalized off it pretty quickly. I just wouldnt buy their stuff of wear them.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

May 8, 2009 @ 07:40 PM
K BOOG

This will probably still up a little argument but just for the sake of throwing both sides of the story out there.

I feel like you have to give some respect to two kids who instead of standing around in streetwear like any other kid in NYC took it upon themselves to insert themselves into the culture and beyond through a couple of great marketing steps. Those kids are what 21? And they have already done a collaboration with Marc Jacobs, Had Kanye West wearing their creation on the cover a national magazine, and appeared in numerous print publications themselves? And whether or not you are a fan of the Sartorialist, being featured on that blog makes a statement.

I can see why people would hate on the pins, I personally would probably make my own before buying one for $85 but I think it's missing the point if you ignore the fact that these are really young kids who have made some pretty big moves already at a young age.

thats fine that they are on the satorilist, good for them. But it doesn't change the fact that they dress wack. And are doing things that were done in 2007. So the satorialist could have found better representations besides these two. Cause their style is a joke. Go to any kids myspace page from NYC in 200-2007 and they are exact copies.

May 8, 2009 @ 08:03 PM
e

I want that duffle but not for that price they charge...
May 9, 2009 @ 01:20 AM
method47

They dress wack? They are on thier own shit.
May 9, 2009 @ 01:36 AM
hypebea$t

cant forget the alife collabo
May 9, 2009 @ 01:45 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

couple of goofy ass twins who look like every other streetwear kid in nyc, its ridiculous. i mean its the same way Basquiat got discovered, but at least he was actually creating something.

im cool with the heart and duck pins, but seriously, what they are charging for these things is insane. i guess you can charge whatever you want when power figures like kanye and marc jacobs are all on your nuts. not to mention how hard kidrobot is riding that shit out. they made a block out of legos, glued it to a scout belt and think they can charge $85 a pop? you know that might cost $5 tops for all supplies to make.

im gonna call this one more reason i cant stand the hype.

You know what you should do? Do better. I mean, at least attempt.

But I do agree in part...i also dislike hype..but hey, if you can use it to your advantage, why not?
May 9, 2009 @ 02:11 AM
hypebea$t

^ reselling lol
May 9, 2009 @ 07:29 AM
southwest55

Wonder how long it will be before lego wants a piece of the pie
May 9, 2009 @ 07:35 AM
links305

why hate on them why not hate on the people that actually buy their products and support them.
Im glad they are out making their money I wish I could come up with a cheap product and build hype for it and charge stupid money for it.
May 9, 2009 @ 08:00 AM
richedesilien

thats fine that they are on the satorilist, good for them. But it doesn't change the fact that they dress wack. And are doing things that were done in 2007. So the satorialist could have found better representations besides these two. Cause their style is a joke. Go to any kids myspace page from NYC in 200-2007 and they are exact copies.

I don't think the point loch was trying to get across was that they don't dress that appealing. you probably would of liked them better if they wear wearing the typical hypebeast/forum uniform.

whats significant about them is the fact that they managed to make something of themselves threw a market that they were common consumers in. they have made some pretty big moves just out on they're own creativity and sure anybody could probably do it but.. you didn't and they did.
May 9, 2009 @ 08:10 AM
Drebrooklyn

majority of you came in here to hate on these dudes. don't you know you never hate on another man's hustle because you look like a bitch when you do. as long as they making money and doing it the way they want who really care huh? al you gotta do is do better and stop hating on the next man. i see nothing wrong with these guys. they hustled hard and got their names and faces out there. you think if they spent their time on hb hating they would be where they are at now?
May 9, 2009 @ 11:49 AM
doug.

the problem doesn't lie with dee and ricky, it lies with the dumbfucks that actually buy that shit
May 9, 2009 @ 02:53 PM
Jim Jardashian

I should make nachos with Doritos instead of tortilla chips and sell it for $15.63.
May 9, 2009 @ 02:54 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

I honestly don't know who dee and ricky are...

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

May 9, 2009 @ 03:44 PM
KUSH

Deez nuts
May 9, 2009 @ 04:28 PM
VADO-U.N.

they're some faggy twins who leave near me ...and they do have dick riders on SI,i personally think they're beyond trash but i RESPECT they hustle....
May 9, 2009 @ 11:24 PM
dhunda1

yo the funniest shit is, you mad!!!
May 10, 2009 @ 12:41 AM
VADO-U.N.

yo the funniest shit is, you mad!!!

who me? fuck outta here, didn't i say i respect their hustle u faggot
May 10, 2009 @ 01:22 AM
damnwitless2

suspended

insignificant.

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

Please login first to reply.