SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
April 14, 2009 @ 08:46 AM
IamSean

You would be able to get weed for less than $20 a gram if it was legalized. Ever been to Amsterdam? Maybe Portugal? Legal weed wouldn't necessarily be more expensive, idiots.
April 14, 2009 @ 10:21 AM
cmonsense

then dont smoke in your fucking car, champ...problem solved...jesus some of you kids have no common sense

and lets run down the process of copping a bag off a dealer vs having someone buy it for you

dealer: call >> buy

someone buys it for you: call >> wait a million years for them >> have them go to store cause they dont ALREADY have it like a dealer would and just drop it off to you >> obtain

i pick the former

i dont really think its that big of a deal..its like buying a dutch..im sure most of you on here had someone buy you one before and its really not that hard..just get someone outside the store get it for you.problem solved

You would be able to get weed for less than $20 a gram if it was legalized. Ever been to Amsterdam? Maybe Portugal? Legal weed wouldn't necessarily be more expensive, idiots.

theres a difference between Amseterdam and Portugal and america..america is a highly capitalist country..im pretty sure the price of legal weed would be higher then the price you pay now..at the end of the day i guess its like paying for the comfort of smoking weed without having to hide and shitt
April 14, 2009 @ 11:12 AM
IamSean

theres a difference between Amseterdam and Portugal and america..america is a highly capitalist country..im pretty sure the price of legal weed would be higher then the price you pay now..at the end of the day i guess its like paying for the comfort of smoking weed without having to hide and shitt

The Netherlands and Portugal are both capitalist. Both countries are about as expensive to live in as the US and yet weed is just as cheap if not cheaper in those two countries. Why would weed be more expensive if it were legalized? There is plenty of evidence to support the idea that price would go down if it were legalized.

Right now a politician in CA is proposing a $50 tax per ounce of weed which translates to a tax of about $1.75 per gram. Are you telling me that with all of the other forces that would drive the cost down as a consequence of legalization that the net price of weed will go up? Really?
April 14, 2009 @ 11:30 AM
cmonsense

The Netherlands and Portugal are both capitalist. Both countries are about as expensive to live in as the US and yet weed is just as cheap if not cheaper in those two countries. Why would weed be more expensive if it were legalized? There is plenty of evidence to support the idea that price would go down if it were legalized.

Right now a politician in CA is proposing a $50 tax per ounce of weed which translates to a tax of about $1.75 per gram. Are you telling me that with all of the other forces that would drive the cost down as a consequence of legalization that the net price of weed will go up? Really?

look at tobacco..ciggs are nearly 5$ where i live due to taxes..like all things in america theres gonna be times where the tax on it is high and times when its reasonable..dealers dont charge tax and for the most part a dimebag of some regular shit is gonna be 10$ no matter what
April 14, 2009 @ 11:48 AM
absinthepanda

ohh boy.. worst place to get unbiased answers.. hypebeast. haha.

as much as i love smoking weed, and would like for it to be legal, it would lead to awful repercussions.. maybe lower the crime rate over drug related issues. however, to society as a whole its effects would be really bad BUT to the economy it could be highly profitable. only problem is.. how does the government capitalize from such a highly profitable industry?

marijuana or "chronic" is no worse for you than tobacco or liquor, yet both of those are legal and regulated industries. its easy to regulate those two because you dont see anyone hustlin liquor on the street corner you feel me? ..funny story my buddy just started hustlin liquor if you need holla haha. but really, the gov't can capitalize off those two industries because they control the suppliers and distributors. marijuana is more of an "underground industry" that the gov't cant get into, and if they do it'll be far more expensive than all of our buddies that supply for us, so theres really no market for the gov't in marijuana lol. then theres the whole issue of, can the gov't control the THC amount in marijuana. i could go on and on but ill leave you with one funny thought...

often people think "oh shit, im out of money.. lets sell drugs!" ..right? so america is currently in the worst economic recession since the 30's. they have a few options of what can be done; increase government spending to raise aggregate expenditures, decrease the interest rate to increase borrowing and spending to increase output.. plus MANY more economic stabilizers. what did the government of california decide because they're out of money? ..lets legalize weed, lets sell drugs!

arnold schwartzenegger the new george jung? ..you decide.

now if you'll excuse me, ive got a popper waiting for me then a lot of studies to be done!

keep it real.
April 14, 2009 @ 01:15 PM
Flatland Funk

exactly. Im not sure how much tobacco is in a pack of cigs. But if you could buy a pack of pre-rolled weed cigarettes for the price of a pack of cigarettes im sure you'll be getting high for a while...
April 14, 2009 @ 01:30 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

exactly. Im not sure how much tobacco is in a pack of cigs. But if you could buy a pack of pre-rolled weed cigarettes for the price of a pack of cigarettes im sure you'll be getting high for a while...

yeh but they'd put all type of chemicals and preservatives and nasty shit in it. Fuck it, I smoke plenty weed while it's illegal, they don't gotta change nothing.

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

April 14, 2009 @ 02:39 PM
SubPrime

ohh boy.. worst place to get unbiased answers.. hypebeast. haha.

as much as i love smoking weed, and would like for it to be legal, it would lead to awful repercussions.. maybe lower the crime rate over drug related issues. however, to society as a whole its effects would be really bad BUT to the economy it could be highly profitable. only problem is.. how does the government capitalize from such a highly profitable industry?

marijuana or "chronic" is no worse for you than tobacco or liquor, yet both of those are legal and regulated industries. its easy to regulate those two because you dont see anyone hustlin liquor on the street corner you feel me? ..funny story my buddy just started hustlin liquor if you need holla haha. but really, the gov't can capitalize off those two industries because they control the suppliers and distributors. marijuana is more of an "underground industry" that the gov't cant get into, and if they do it'll be far more expensive than all of our buddies that supply for us, so theres really no market for the gov't in marijuana lol. then theres the whole issue of, can the gov't control the THC amount in marijuana. i could go on and on but ill leave you with one funny thought...

often people think "oh shit, im out of money.. lets sell drugs!" ..right? so america is currently in the worst economic recession since the 30's. they have a few options of what can be done; increase government spending to raise aggregate expenditures, decrease the interest rate to increase borrowing and spending to increase output.. plus MANY more economic stabilizers. what did the government of california decide because they're out of money? ..lets legalize weed, lets sell drugs!

arnold schwartzenegger the new george jung? ..you decide.

now if you'll excuse me, ive got a popper waiting for me then a lot of studies to be done!

keep it real.

legalizing weed would provide more tax revenue for the government. And the government doesn't have to "be involved" in the manufacturing process. They are involved in the legislature process. They set aside the rules to justify decorum.

That being said, legalizing weed would decrease the number of crime/drug related deaths in america. It would heavily decrease the prison population in felony drug convictions. By the way the government spends billions on housing inmates each year. It would also void present criminal records related to drug charges. This would provide more job opportunities for people going through a background check.

Also the manufacturing process would provide thousands of new jobs. More new jobs means more new spending on the economy. This will help stimulate and move market prices to a healthy level.
April 14, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
cmonsense

cigarette smokers could burn through a pack in a day so if you could get a pack of pre-rolled weed cigs for the same price of regular cigss shitt probably wouldnt last long..im pretty sure they wouldnt make it the same price though cuhh if a pack of 30 ciggs is like 10$ i doubt they could pack a dime worth into 30cigs unless they skimp on the amount in each individual cigarette
April 14, 2009 @ 04:02 PM
richedesilien

they might try to put taxes on that shit

do you support systematic white supremacy or nah?

April 14, 2009 @ 05:34 PM
Flatland Funk

cigarette smokers could burn through a pack in a day so if you could get a pack of pre-rolled weed cigs for the same price of regular cigss shitt probably wouldnt last long..im pretty sure they wouldnt make it the same price though cuhh if a pack of 30 ciggs is like 10$ i doubt they could pack a dime worth into 30cigs unless they skimp on the amount in each individual cigarette
Well i just looked it up and they say 2g of tobacco is in a cigarette. Idk who an smoke 40g of weed in one day... lol. Like that one dude said it would be around $1.75 per gram. Making a pack of 20 cost $35 which gets you 40 grams of smoke. 40g of weed would seriously paralyze you as opposed to 40g of tobacco haha. Hell 2 grams of weed would have you set for hoursssssss. Either way you're still getting your moneys worth and its way more convenient then copping a gram for $10-20. And the positives of legalizing it outweigh the "negatives" like "imma street pharmacist and everyday im hustlinnnnnnn e-everyday im hustlin". And you can still grow your own for fucking free. But who would seriously grow weed if you can just buy it for cheaper than it sells for now. No one grows tobacco in their backyard...

And to the people on some "z0mg dey gonna put preservatives an' chemicals in mah w33d". I'm sure they'll be natural companies selling pure product as some companies sell natural tobacco cigarettes..

Pre-rolled weed cigarettes would be much higher quality than your boy rolling a bunk ass joint that burns too quick/slow.

Anyway i have to go out and ill be back later to see what you guys say about my opinion/logic on the topic.
April 14, 2009 @ 06:02 PM
owensA

You must have flunked econ if you think legal weed is going to be higher priced. Dutch weed is better and cheaper and it's technically not even legal there (it's legal to sell in small quantities but the manufacture and wholesale selling is illegal). A weed plantation or greenhouse producing thousands of pounds of weed, selling it to a wholesaler, that sells it to the store is infinitely cheaper than the way weed is sold in the US in which fairly small time grow ops (which due to their size can't grow weed all that cheaply or efficiently) sell to major dealers who sell to slightly smaller dealers and so forth down the line (if it's comin from Canada then factor in smuggling prices). Every time weed changes hands b/w dealers the price increases. If you have cannabis growing as an actual industry, you cut out most of the middlemen and grow weed in massive quantities, which, according to economies of scale, means your weed is gonna be much cheaper and as it becomes a legit part of hte economy it'll be of higher quality b/c millions of dollars will actually be going into research and development which will lead to newer strains and new techniques of cultivation. Even if the gov't were to tax it at a massive level which they of course would (akin to alcohol or tobacco), a gram of great weed would be much cheaper than it is now...And Cali hasn't legalized weed, they've decriminalized it and legalized the medicinal aspect (this was before the economic crisis) but it still isn't a legit, controlled industry there like say wine production.

And to those that aren't 18, you don't vote and no one pushing for marijuana legalization is trying to provide this shit to kids anyway so that's not too relevant. Plus booze is easy as shit to get in high school, I doubt weed would be any harder (prolly easier if the weed age is 18 )

Oh yeah if you've ever been to Amsterdam, you know how nice it is to be able to grab a weed, hash, and brownie menu, pick your strain, grab a drink, and sit in a smoke filled cafe puffing on a spliff. That's what I look forward to if the US ever gets their shit right re: drug policy

lmfao for real, you have to fucking work hard or be completely ignorant about common sense to actually get caught smoking.

Shit happens, way back me and my boys got busted chilling in the park, cops said they came looking for some kids that were egging houses and found us lol. Hell you could be blazing in your car and get pulled over the second your tail light goes out and you're screwed, randomness can fuck you over.
April 14, 2009 @ 07:30 PM
Flatland Funk

^exactly. You can get pulled over for not signaling and the cop will search your shit[since cops can do WHATEVER they want] and your piece and stash of tree will be found and bam youre life is fucked. You can be as careful as you want but you always have to factor in the unknown, the what if..
April 14, 2009 @ 07:59 PM
KUSH

why would the governemnt charge anything lower than 20 a gram? people are already paying that price..
April 14, 2009 @ 08:02 PM
IamSean

^^^
Does the government sell alcohol? Cigarettes? Why would they sell weed if it were legalized?
April 14, 2009 @ 08:02 PM
Flatland Funk

the government doesnt charge anything... the cigarette companies charge their price and the government's taxes play a role in that price.
April 14, 2009 @ 08:03 PM
cmonsense

You must have flunked econ if you think legal weed is going to be higher priced. Dutch weed is better and cheaper and it's technically not even legal there (it's legal to sell in small quantities but the manufacture and wholesale selling is illegal). A weed plantation or greenhouse producing thousands of pounds of weed, selling it to a wholesaler, that sells it to the store is infinitely cheaper than the way weed is sold in the US in which fairly small time grow ops (which due to their size can't grow weed all that cheaply or efficiently) sell to major dealers who sell to slightly smaller dealers and so forth down the line (if it's comin from Canada then factor in smuggling prices). Every time weed changes hands b/w dealers the price increases. If you have cannabis growing as an actual industry, you cut out most of the middlemen and grow weed in massive quantities, which, according to economies of scale, means your weed is gonna be much cheaper and as it becomes a legit part of hte economy it'll be of higher quality b/c millions of dollars will actually be going into research and development which will lead to newer strains and new techniques of cultivation. Even if the gov't were to tax it at a massive level which they of course would (akin to alcohol or tobacco), a gram of great weed would be much cheaper than it is now...And Cali hasn't legalized weed, they've decriminalized it and legalized the medicinal aspect (this was before the economic crisis) but it still isn't a legit, controlled industry there like say wine production.

And to those that aren't 18, you don't vote and no one pushing for marijuana legalization is trying to provide this shit to kids anyway so that's not too relevant. Plus booze is easy as shit to get in high school, I doubt weed would be any harder (prolly easier if the weed age is 18 )

Oh yeah if you've ever been to Amsterdam, you know how nice it is to be able to grab a weed, hash, and brownie menu, pick your strain, grab a drink, and sit in a smoke filled cafe puffing on a spliff. That's what I look forward to if the US ever gets their shit right re: drug policy

Shit happens, way back me and my boys got busted chilling in the park, cops said they came looking for some kids that were egging houses and found us lol. Hell you could be blazing in your car and get pulled over the second your tail light goes out and you're screwed, randomness can fuck you over.

^^well said..i really never thought of it that way..but i still dont think you can use other countries when you try to compare weed prices and i'm not saying the actual cost of weed is gonna be higher im just talking about the tax..that was the whole point of me including cigarettes.
April 15, 2009 @ 05:03 AM
KUSH

well why would anyone not charge 20 a gram.

ya'll prolly arent from cali cause ive seen $90 eigths $500 ounces at clinics so legalizing it wouldnt lower prices
July 5, 2009 @ 02:47 AM
legal Forum

legalization of marijuana?
Since the late 1960s, Gallup has periodically asked Americans whether the use of marijuana should be made legal in the United States. Although a majority of Americans have consistently opposed the idea of legalizing marijuana, public support has slowly increased over the years. In 1969, just 12% of Americans supported making marijuana legal, but by 1977, roughly one in four endorsed it. Support edged up to 31% in 2000, and now, about a third of Americans say marijuana should be legal.
legal-advice-forum.com
July 5, 2009 @ 03:02 AM
tyler,

Decriminalized for medicinal and recreational use; retail on a small scale (not huge fucking farms); and growing your own is the only fucking way to go

taxation, regulation etc. and big companies growing and selling marijuana will be the fucking death of the entire culture.
July 5, 2009 @ 05:10 AM
chopstickthugz

WEED is a psychoactive substance which has been around since humans invented a wheel and has been used for 1,000s of years. (No one in the history of mankind has ever overdosed from THC) Less addictive than nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine. There's a huge difference between hard drugs (heroin, cocaine, and ecstasy.) & soft drugs (marijuana, shrooms, and peyotes) How can the government possibly outlaw NATURE???

The gateway drug theory is fuckin' ridiculous. Did drinking milk lead so many people into drinking beers? Marijuana gets blame only because in reality, marijuana is the easiest illegal substance to get

Does it really ruin people's live or will it be a spark of threat in this society? Like neglecting their own children to get high, sell their body for quick fix, or rob someone for drug money. No, it makes you hungry at worst and if u want to call it as a crime, it's a victimless crime.

In Netherlands, it's been legalized for quite sometimes and the government has successfully convinced the citizens that WEED AINT "HIP or COOL." The # of stoners have actually decreased since then including other drug users.

In fact, Dutch government has too many empty jail cells due to strikingly low crime rates that they let their prison facility to be used by other country like Belgium for money.

*Revenue from marijuana sales will help this country with right regulations (not allowing people under 18 to purchase it)
July 5, 2009 @ 07:58 AM
southwest55

This shouldn't even be a debate and marijuana should have never been criminalized. I whole idea of marijuana being illegal has racist undertones and nobody has had the balls to turn it around since it happened. Do you really think they government really gives a fuck if you get addicted to anything. If they did they wouldn't sell alcohol or cigarettes. The country cannot afford for marijuana to be illegal much longer. Especially California.
July 5, 2009 @ 12:08 PM
k3vin fr3sh

it should -_-

trappersgonnatrap.tumblr.com

July 5, 2009 @ 12:12 PM
deep

Who the fuck is voting no? This is Hypebeast, are there really people on here that don't smoke weed?

Please login first to reply.