Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
March 22, 2009 @ 09:19 PM
Cairo

I know that most of us nigs on here are like 15-22, with a few creepers like Citizen but who gives a fuck about them.

What are you all doing in college/high school and what are you working towards? Today I was writing a paper about international business dealings and I realized:

I would honestly rather die, than get in caught up in the rat race and live to work the rest of my life. Only 10 days of vacation a year, slaving away 9-5. I'm getting a Business Communications degree so I'd make good money, but it doesn't even seem worth it. I don't know, I think I'm waling down the wrong path.

What are all you doing?
March 22, 2009 @ 09:21 PM
Guapamole

Currently 17 right now in HS. Working on going on to a UC school either UCLA, UCSD or UCR. Then later Medical School and become a pediatrician.
March 22, 2009 @ 09:23 PM
Cairo

Currently 17 right now in HS. Working on going on to a UC school either UCLA, UCSD or UCR. Then later Medical School and become a pediatrician.

Nice man, that's gonna be a lonnnggg road but will totally be worth it.
March 22, 2009 @ 09:23 PM
Guapamole

Nice man, that's gonna be a lonnnggg road but will totally be worth it.

Yeah. I know it'll be hard for my lazy ass but in the long run will pay off.
March 22, 2009 @ 09:24 PM
Mobb Deep

22. In university in Business Admin.

I feel like dropping out and go live in the Fiji with a model chick. And grow enough weed to fill a farm barn full.
March 22, 2009 @ 09:25 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

I figure as long as I can make like at least 35-40 k a year doing something fun and creative I'll be goodie.

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

March 22, 2009 @ 09:26 PM
Clothes_addict

plastic surgeon. no joke. will take a long time though.
March 22, 2009 @ 09:26 PM
Joao.

I'm very pessimistic at this point in my life. I honestly have no idea, I love life, but I hate the thought of working till death. I don't feel this is what humans were meant too do. I am going back home too Portugal too the university of Lisbon, then not sure what else afterwords..
March 22, 2009 @ 09:27 PM
SubPrime

I know that most of us nigs on here are like 15-22, with a few creepers like Citizen but who gives a fuck about them.

What are you all doing in college/high school and what are you working towards? Today I was writing a paper about international business dealings and I realized:

I would honestly rather die, than get in caught up in the rat race and live to work the rest of my life. Only 10 days of vacation a year, slaving away 9-5. I'm getting a Business Communications degree so I'd make good money, but it doesn't even seem worth it. I don't know, I think I'm waling down the wrong path.

What are all you doing?

how do you know you're going to make good money?

Everybody majors in business/business communications. The only thing that's going to set you apart is the Name of your school or Who you know.

Who knows? you could be making 20k a yr or millions.

Do what you want to do. I don't think you want to major in business. So I suggest you drop out and pursue your real passions. But you're too much of a pussy so you will stay with your shit.
March 22, 2009 @ 09:27 PM
WojieWorldPeace

What are all you doing?

Stay up Cairo...lot's of people who major in business unless it's a specific field of business like Finance or Accounting...hate what they are doing lol.

In my eyes there are only a handful of companies or positions I'd actually enjoy working every day...but the beauty about Business is that it's such a braud field that hard work can get you to your dream job if you keep at it.

I'm a Business major @ UB and I got to call for a little phone interview thing for an Internship this summer with WKBW, channel 7 news. I know a guy who works there so I'm getting the hook up...

Graduate and to be honest it's all about who ya know now a days. Also got my Resume handed to a few people inside the Buffalo Bills organization waiting to hear back about that.

Also willing to gargle on Jeff's balls for an internship with that Peruvian bastard.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

March 22, 2009 @ 09:30 PM
SubPrime

plastic surgeon. no joke. will take a long time though.

I doubt it. Getting into medical school is close to impossible. You need at least a 3.5 science GPA(including organic chem etc) in college and an MCAT of 30+.

And then the next step is actually getting the plastic surgery residency is hard as fuck. You're competing for only a few spots in the entire U.S to be a plastic surgeon. Your USMLE scores have to be off the charts. Also Plastic Surgery is a sub-section of general surgery. You first have to be accepted into a General Surgery residency which is MINIMUM 5 years intership. Then after that you start your Plastic Surgery residency(3+ years). All this time is not included in your college and medical school(8years).

So you've got college(4 yrs)+ med school(4yrs) + general surgery res.(5 yrs)+ plastic surgery(3+years).

That is 16 years before you even get a respectable paycheck. While everybody else is at least making decent amount of money and saving/starting a 401k. You are in debt motherfucker. You will not be rich. You will be barely survivign and working 100+ hrs a week(YES 100+ hrs).

Good luckk you will most likely fail.
March 22, 2009 @ 09:31 PM
WojieWorldPeace

how do you know you're going to make good money?

Everybody majors in business/business communications. The only thing that's going to set you apart is the Name of your school or Who you know.

Who knows? you could be making 20k a yr or millions.

Do what you want to do. I don't think you want to major in business. So I suggest you drop out and pursue your real passions. But you're too much of a pussy so you will stay with your shit.

Sometimes someones real passion is necessarily practical...what is someone gonna do with an Art History major that's relevant to what they studied in college? Like probably less than 10% enter a job field that actually pertains to Art History. (This is just an example)

I was considering History and Education, but to be honest I've never been the type of person to enjoy teaching something to someone, I'd get frustrated and pissed off quite easily, but I do enjoy History. It's not practical.

My advice is if you truly don't like Business at all...and you can't see yourself finding a job you'd enjoy in the corporate field...then it's never too late to drop the major and go for something new.

Now listen up...good advice below.

Study what you want to do and when all is said and done, find a way to get paid for it. cool

March 22, 2009 @ 09:32 PM
riceispro

looks like im going to either uchicago or columbia for law school

prolly gonna study intellectual property, try to get a job as an in-house counsel and get that paper
March 22, 2009 @ 09:32 PM
thiefpoet

23 - Just graduated from UCSD with Structural Engineering but I can't find work right now so I'm working at a hot pot restaurant right now while sending out my resume ... major fail

Most likely I'll be sticking to engineering and I'm kind of psyched since it should pay pretty well in the long run .. but joining the rat race sucks ass and I'm trying to figure out what I love to do so I have some direction in the coming years
March 22, 2009 @ 09:33 PM
WojieWorldPeace

I doubt it. Getting into medical school is close to impossible. You need at least a 3.5 science GPA(including organic chem etc) in college and an MCAT of 30+.

And then the next step is actually getting the plastic surgery residency is hard as fuck. You're competing for only a few spots in the entire U.S to be a plastic surgeon. Your USMLE scores have to be off the charts. Also Plastic Surgery is a sub-section of general surgery. You first have to be accepted into a General Surgery residency which is MINIMUM 5 years intership. Then after that you start your Plastic Surgery residency(3+ years). All this time is not included in your college and medical school(8years).

So you've got college(4 yrs)+ med school(4yrs) + general surgery res.(5 yrs)+ plastic surgery(3+years).

Yup, you literally need to have no life.

Even pharmacy or denistry is tough....The UB school for Dentistry you literally need a 3.8 + to even get considered....same with Pharmacy.

Pharmacy is one of the better medical type fields because you only need 6 years of schooling...and you can walk into an Eckerd or Wallgreen's and get a 80K a year salary starting.

March 22, 2009 @ 09:33 PM
kvc06

I posted this in another thread but I'm going to University of Illinois at Chicago next year for
Industrial Engineering, in the past four years all of the graduates were offered immediate jobs with starting salary averages of 50,000 per year, so it'll be a challenege, but totally worth it.
March 22, 2009 @ 09:34 PM

Inactive

Graduate from Law school in two months, take the bar in 4.

Everything's looking up.

smilesmile
March 22, 2009 @ 09:34 PM
DAT CAT

well i wanted to be a pharmacist but 8 years of post high school - school is out of the question. my plan is to go to sfsu (state school) get a b.a. in chemistry or mathematics with a minor in physics/astronomy. join a program that let's me teach while getting certified, ideally a program in new york so i can teach there for 3 years while taking classes towards becoming certified. move back to the bay. start teaching / maybe get a master's in whatever i major in and one day teach community college or stick with highschool. YEAH!
March 22, 2009 @ 09:36 PM
SubPrime

I posted this in another thread but I'm going to University of Illinois at Chicago next year for
Industrial Engineering, in the past four years all of the graduates were offered immediate jobs with starting salary averages of 50,000 per year, so it'll be a challenege, but totally worth it.

I doubt you will make even close to 50k. Industrial engineering is the pussy side of engineering. It's like civil or materials engineering. Only Electrical or computer science sub engineering might make that starting years.
University of Illinois-Urbana Champagne is the one you need to go for a respectable engineering degree. You will most likely be starting in an entry level pay of 25k or no pay for an internship.
March 22, 2009 @ 09:36 PM
Clothes_addict

That is 16 years before you even get a respectable paycheck. While everybody else is at least making decent amount of money and saving/starting a 401k. You are in debt motherfucker. You will not be rich. You will be barely survivign and working 100+ hrs a week(YES 100+ hrs).

Doesnt matter how tough it is i will do it. I have good grades so far and dont mind working for it. Plus im pretty wealthy as it is at the age of 18, so the delay in pay isnt really a problem.

EDIT: im also pretty well connected with the medical world which will make things slightly easier for me.
March 22, 2009 @ 09:37 PM
kvc06

I doubt you will make even close to 50k. Industrial engineering is the pussy side of engineering. It's like civil or materials engineering. Only Electrical or computer science sub engineering might make that starting years.
University of Illinois-Urbana Champagne is the one you need to go for a respectable engineering degree. You will most likely be starting in an entry level pay of 25k or no pay for an internship.

I've done my research man these are facts from the school not something I read online.
March 22, 2009 @ 09:39 PM
hools

i'm still thinking about what i really wanna do but my back-up plan is taking IT classes after highschool for about 2 years and get my associates, then find a bigger IT school like ITT or Devry or something to get my Bachelors and get the
fuck out of the AV.

that's really just college, i'll work on thinking of a career path but i figure i could work with computers for a living
Clint Beastwood

mediocracy
20,currently finishing the community college bs trying to transfer to a CSU taking 18 units a semester, its ridiculous how bad counselors are out of high school and even worse in college, had to map out my own shit, Im going for my business administration bachelor's degree. Any advice on schools? to transfer to? i feel like i threw away a good experience by not going to a big school....mean time been working at costco getting paid for last two years just dont wanna get stuck at a job it pays great but not where i see myself in five years.

instagram @ j_repp VIP host in SD, HB fam hmu for hook up

Mobb Deep

SubPrime you know I like you cause you talk so much shit but you intrigue me, how do you feel about future career?
Yom

im long out of school, but I recently gave up my 10 year job and went and did a CELTA teaching qualification and Im now living in Japan with my wife and teach at a Junior High School

a couple of years ago i would have told u u were crazy if u said id be "living my dream" now, but if u really want something, and u work for it, itll happen smile

www.nagoyayom.com

March 22, 2009 @ 09:40 PM
WojieWorldPeace

Industrial Engineering, in the past four years all of the graduates were offered immediate jobs with starting salary averages of 50,000 per year, so it'll be a challenge, but totally worth it.

Don't fall into stats like that...who's to say that like Deron Williams didn't have an engineering major...and is now making millions in the NBA? Shit's skewed like that.

March 22, 2009 @ 09:40 PM
weed_dad69

I figure as long as I can make like at least 35-40 k a year doing something fun and creative I'll be goodie.

this
i honestly have no idea what i want to do though
nothing i want to do would pay well
but anything that pays well seems boring and shit
March 22, 2009 @ 09:41 PM
kvc06

Well that is true but I did do alot of research before i chose it, plus theres plenty of time to change my mind
March 22, 2009 @ 09:41 PM

Inactive

Damn, Subprime the dream crusher...the fuck son?
March 22, 2009 @ 09:43 PM
Studio Red

Feeling good. Attending Pharm school in Fall.

Please login first to reply.