HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
March 17, 2009 @ 04:49 PM
RyanF.Baby

there seems to be a lot of hate on kids who get gear from their parents/parents cash

ok i know these kids deny it to no end, but let's face it...if youre 14-16 years old and rocking 300 dollar kicks and shit like that, youre parents are helping you a bit

but i dont see whats so wrong about that...i mean, i worked since the age of 14 and my parents never really saw much value in gear...theyd cop me expensive shit like video game systems and whatnot and occasionally a nice winter north face but i always really had to fund my clothes on my own cause my mother was kinda broke and my stepdad had dough but he didnt see value in gear unless it was a jumpsuit or custom tailored italian suit cause he was a stereotypical brooklyn guinea

but i cant hate on another dude with nice gear just cause his parents did well for themselves and want their kids to stunt

(•_•). ( •_•)>⌐□-□. (⌐□_□)

March 17, 2009 @ 04:52 PM

Inactive

I remember I brought my parents to Melrose/Fairfax area, visited the whole strip..Nothing but $, shitting on the posers with skateboards outside each f-ing store.
March 17, 2009 @ 04:52 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I'm proud of you ryan....

*tears* they grow up so fast.
March 17, 2009 @ 04:58 PM

Inactive

So did you, you good ol' dick
estoybien

i'm 16 and i'll admit my parents buy most of my stuff and pay for everything when i go out. they'd rather pay for my stuff so i focus on school. a job is time consuming, especially during the school year.
MERCYSIDE102

i hate them because they front like they the shit and they balling with daddys money having not had to work for anything in his or her life
March 17, 2009 @ 05:00 PM

Inactive

i hate them because they front like they the shit and they balling with daddys money having not had to work for anything in his or her life

yeah, but their daddy has. Blood recognize blood.
March 17, 2009 @ 05:02 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

if they're humble it's cool...if they're faggy, ignore them. Can't punch them cuz they have good lawyers. sad
March 17, 2009 @ 05:04 PM
estoybien

lol you act as if all kids who are well off don't do anything but spend their parents money.
March 17, 2009 @ 05:11 PM

Inactive

lol, soo most of you who "hate" these kids are technically saying if your parents went up to you and gave you extra cash to go shopping youd down right refuse it?. . . .
March 17, 2009 @ 05:14 PM
RyanF.Baby

so you guys arent gonna keep your kids geared up?

i call bullshit, i know i will

March 17, 2009 @ 05:15 PM

Inactive

^damn right! mah baby be rockin heavy gear! !
March 17, 2009 @ 05:16 PM
RyanF.Baby

kop dem baby jawdenz

March 17, 2009 @ 05:42 PM
thepaintedbird

My Mom is usually pretty psyched when I want new clothes, and I let them buy me clothes to an extent but I saw this episode of True Life where this girl maxed out her Mom and Dad's CCs up $10,000. That shit is bad.
March 17, 2009 @ 05:44 PM
ricky tan

ever since i got a job my parents don't buy me anything

hung 10 never surfed

March 17, 2009 @ 05:46 PM
CONQ

Haaaaaterz..

shit im 21 and out of a job so i rely on my mom for everything :/ kinda sad, but its not like im goin out buyin crazy ass gear with her money
March 17, 2009 @ 05:49 PM
kdiddy

It's straight saltieness/jealousy. Shit, when I was that age, I bought some of my own shit(I started working at 15), but my parents still bought me a lot because I wasn't a complete fuck up, and they had the means. The best shit is free shit, I don't care what anyone says. I appreciate those times more now since I'm on my own paying for rent/bills/food/shit I don't really need.
March 17, 2009 @ 05:56 PM
FreshAddict

to be honest, i see kids whose parents buy them expensive gear as jus being spoiled rich kids and i don't have much respect for that...my parents havent bought me clothes since i was 12 and they were always the cheapest clearance rack shit so i don't have much sympathy for rich kids getting mad money spent on them for gear they haven't earned
March 17, 2009 @ 06:00 PM
randomgrandeur

It's straight saltieness/jealousy. Shit, when I was that age, I bought some of my own shit(I started working at 15), but my parents still bought me a lot because I wasn't a complete fuck up, and they had the means. The best shit is free shit, I don't care what anyone says. I appreciate those times more now since I'm on my own paying for rent/bills/food/shit I don't really need.

This.

Adults will try to cover up their bitterness with the "at least I worked hard for mine" to make themselves feel better. Then, they'll go rant about how it builds character. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who bought it. We're still consumers.

Not every kid who had their parents help pay for everything grows up to be a spoiled twat.

Get over yourselves.
March 17, 2009 @ 06:02 PM
kdiddy

Yeah I guess it depends. If some kid is trying to stunt and act like he's better than people because of the shit he has, that shit's lame. But I can't hate on someone if their partents can afford to buy them expensive shit, I mean I'd do the same for my kid. It's all about character though. If my kid started acting like a douche, I'd cut him off. If your down to earth, I don't care who buys your shit.
March 17, 2009 @ 06:05 PM
RyanF.Baby

if you're parents drop 100 on a t shirt then they are fucking dumb

kids buying visvims and shit...smh.

lol@them

um...what if your parents are on some 6 fig type shit?

some people's parents ARE doctors and lawyers

March 17, 2009 @ 06:08 PM
SubPrime

my parents bought me a 350z for high school graduation, and then i traded that for an evo 8 in college

March 17, 2009 @ 06:09 PM
Eaton

well the point of trying to find a high paying job is so you can afford to buy yourself and children the things you wanted as a child but couldnt afford. if your parents offer to buy me something im not gonna hesitate to say yes. so why would anyone get mad because some 14 year old had his parents buy him shit like that

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

March 17, 2009 @ 06:11 PM
estoybien

then they are fucking dumbasses for letting you cop a 150 dollar shirt thats been worn by 4 other guys.

doctors and lawyers letting kids run loose with credit cards....smh

becoming a doctor or lawyer isn't easy.
March 17, 2009 @ 06:12 PM
MERCYSIDE102

its not jealousy.example one out of many. i used to work at a gas station and all i would see on the summer time would be those fucking stuck up guido dicks that would drive their daddy's and mommy's bmw.mercedes,escalade, etc.mother fuckers where my age 16/17 just learning to drive and they'd look at you and clown like you were less then them.ive never been broke but my parents believed in making me learn real life early on and am thankful, but shit still pisses me off that they act the way they do.i guess you can say am mad but whatever.
March 17, 2009 @ 06:22 PM
owensA

No kid whose parents buy him $200 sneakers is gonna be humble or level headed. It's not so much the fact that they stunt in shit their parents buy them as much as what it does to their egos. When you're like 16 you should be working a job, making money, learning about responsibility, and priding yourself on that as opposed to burning your parents money and harboring a false sense of self worth. Buying your first car, be it an Acura or a junker, is a lot more empowering and respectable than whipping around some 3-series that you begged your dad yo buy you.

um...what if your parents are on some 6 fig type shit?

some people's parents ARE doctors and lawyers

If they knew what was best for their kid then it'd be making em work and become responsible. Nothing wrong with a bit of reward but cmon if I asked my dad to buy me a $40 t-shirt he'd laugh right in my face, and rightfully so. Rich parents (unless they're old money) prolly grew up humble and made they're way up, they oughtta know better. Hell kids back in your parents day prolly started working around 12 or 13.
March 17, 2009 @ 06:24 PM
randomgrandeur

No kid whose parents buy him $200 sneakers is gonna be humble or level headed. It's not so much the fact that they stunt in shit their parents buy them as much as what it does to their egos. When you're like 16 you should be working a job, making money, learning about responsibility, and priding yourself on that as opposed to burning your parents money and harboring a false sense of self worth. Buying your first car, be it an Acura or a junker, is a lot more empowering and respectable than whipping around some 3-series that you begged your dad yo buy you.

Really? So you've gathered accurate information on every kid whose parents supports them and have come to this conclusive and undeniable fact?
March 17, 2009 @ 06:25 PM
CONQ

Everyone in this thread has is wrong because everyones situation is different
March 17, 2009 @ 06:33 PM
JayLovesPinays

it all stems from jealousy. people who see kids with visvim galore don't give a shit about how old they are. they're more than likely pissed because their parents couldn't afford those clothes for them when they were that age, and they probably still can't afford it. i'm sure if they grew up wealthy, they'd be less judgemental of kids like mini logo, rickqlo, etc.
March 17, 2009 @ 06:36 PM
Joe_

chances are it will not give them a greater appreciation for things in life compared to someone who has had to work a shitty job

Please login first to reply.