Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
July 17, 2006 @ 10:22 AM
eternalist

As we speak I'm wearing my NYC pigeons that I bought last week. What do yall think about this? These are official pigeons and I paid quite a lot for them. Yes, I know they are the real thing. Should I have kept them deadstock? I'm getting another pair soon to keep deadstock so I figured I would wear them. I felt kinda bad wearing them though. Wearing 2 g's on my feet. They are my favorite Nike shoes ever. I am I an idiot? Do yall wear your really rare pieces or prefer to keep them deadstock?
July 17, 2006 @ 10:27 AM
Peter Suh

Moved to SB.

Just wear 'em. They're shoes..

Edit: Jeff Staple plays basketball in his Pigeons..
July 17, 2006 @ 10:38 AM
Quickstriker

Damn bro you say you spent 2gs!? They're dope shoes but they ain't that dope!
July 17, 2006 @ 10:43 AM
Peter Suh

Post pics! We wanna see!
July 17, 2006 @ 11:06 AM
eternalist

yeah, cool
I'll post pics when I get home. Thanks for the advice, I feel the same way, if you spend the money you should get to wear them. Its just that I like having a deadstock pair as a collectors item. I just wanted some opinions. I see so many fake pigeons being sold on ebay too, people pay in the hundreds for some fakes, in my opinion thats worse than paying alot for some real ones. Hey in the section where people buy and sell what does "bump" mean?smile
- Ben
July 17, 2006 @ 11:08 AM
Peter Suh

^If something doesn't sell.. it'll get pushed back to the 2nd page. People bump their threads up to get more views.

If you want to keep a DS pair for later, that's cool. You can sit on it for a couple more years and put a down payment on a car your your kid's education.
July 17, 2006 @ 11:10 AM
eternalist

What do you think about Pigeons
I feel that the pigeons are the best dunk out so far. Just my opinion. How do yall feel about them. Are they some of your favorites or not so much?
- Ben
July 17, 2006 @ 11:17 AM
Peter Suh

There was a poll a while ago here: LINK

People do like 'em.
July 17, 2006 @ 12:33 PM
Peter Suh

^I agree with the black medicoms.. I saw some black/denim customs by lazy on ebay a while back. very nice..
July 17, 2006 @ 12:46 PM
dunkmax

Def wear them. I don't understand buying shoes not to wear. Why have some sweet ass joints if you are going to let them sit in a closet and only pull them out to look at them once in a while. 2G's is a lot but if I could afford them I would rock them. Plus think of all the necks you'll be breaking w/ real pigeons.
July 17, 2006 @ 01:18 PM
Evillincoln

I'll bet most peeps think that they're fake anyway hahaha. j/p.
I'd rock em. They aren't my most favorite dunk ever but I'd DEFINATELY rock em.
My favorite joints to ever come out I'd prolly say are the Zoo Yorks. Those and the Medicom 3's. Shit is dope...
July 17, 2006 @ 02:27 PM
hollermcdollar

it's your money man, do whatever you want. if you have to ask other people what to do it makes you look like a tool.
July 17, 2006 @ 02:55 PM
eternalist

well fuck, take it easy, I was just getting some opinions. I didn't know asking for advice makes you look like a tool? I really asked because I thought maybe some other sneakerheads could relate and possibly had the same dilemma when they got a really sick and limited pair of new shoes. Maybe not, I'm sorry, I enjoy having deadstock shoes. Maybe thats weird, I don't know, and I'm totally new to collecting. Anyways, I had already made a decision when I posted I just thought it might be an intresting topic.
July 17, 2006 @ 04:15 PM
matth

i think i'd be debatin' that one myself. DS pigeons, i don't know if i could bring myself to rockin' em.
July 17, 2006 @ 04:32 PM

Inactive

dont wear them

they're just another shoe, they arent more comfortable, and they arent gonna make you look really good to 90% of the people in the world

keep them DS and you have your grail plus can actually make (good!) money off it in a few years if you decide you're not into the hobby anymore

"shoes are meant to be worn" is a notion for people who've never spent THAT much on a pair of shoes, or are so rich that they dont care ;[
July 17, 2006 @ 09:39 PM

Inactive

so from what i gathered you bought some shoes hella late, for way too much, and you want us to compliment you???????
July 17, 2006 @ 09:52 PM
Diamond

This is the dude that just bought mine for $1500.
He is def getting a new pair soon. Ill be shipping them tmrw.

Word
July 17, 2006 @ 09:56 PM
SOLE

jesus christ. two pairs of pigeons in under a month?

PICTURES PLEASE.
July 17, 2006 @ 11:42 PM
Peter Suh

Where the pics at? I want a pic of you wearing them on concrete..
July 18, 2006 @ 05:42 AM
ackbar

LMAO @ $2K
July 18, 2006 @ 10:34 AM
eternalist

how do I
post pics here. I have them on my camera but I don't know how to post them here without having a website to host them with. ARe there some free image hosting sites? Or is there another way to do it? Trust me I gots those pics I just need a way to show them, let me know. And by the way, whoever was saying I wanted compliments for my shoes that I bought hella late is totally wrong. I could care less about compliments recieved from a internet chat board. Like I said, I posted this because I thought that some people here might have had a similiar dilemma. I remeber watching that show on espn with bobbito hosting it a few months back. I was never into shoe collecting back then. I bought air max's because I liked the style but I was never into actually collecting them and knowing about the different colorways, realease dates, and all that stuff. ON this show, I saw some guy with a pair of pigeons and I was thinking , I like that shoe. I really like that shoe. I would have bought the pigeons if nike had put them in every store in America because I genuinely like them. I could care less how rare they are or whether people think I'm cool cause I got a pair. Anyways, people, help me out with the pictures!
- Ben

- Ben
July 18, 2006 @ 10:37 AM
Peter Suh

Go to tinypic.com
Upload the image for free
Then copy the contents of the [IMG] box in your reply here..
July 18, 2006 @ 10:38 AM
eternalist

Thanks Broke
okay, I'm at school right now, I get out at 12:20. I'll post them when I get home. Later.
- Ben
July 18, 2006 @ 10:40 AM
Quickstriker

Go to photobucket and upload them there. Then cut and paste the URL into the box that pops up after you click on the insert image icon here on hypebeast. Simple really.
July 18, 2006 @ 10:58 AM
eternalist

Thanks quickstriker
yeah, Photobucket is the one I've heard of. Yesterday, I tried going to some site called image -something, and it was total garbage. I'm trying remember the name, damnit. Anyways, it wasn't an actual image hosting site it was just a help page that advertised other image hosting and web space providers. Thanks again mayne.
- Ben
July 18, 2006 @ 11:56 AM

Inactive

okay, I'm at school right now, I get out at 12:20. I'll post them when I get home. Later.
- Ben

YOU DROPPED 2G's on shoes and your still in school!? i hope your in college getting your PhD, and not high school spending your parents moneysuprised
July 18, 2006 @ 01:49 PM
eternalist

PICs
Okay check it out, and yes I'm in college

July 18, 2006 @ 02:19 PM
SOLE

omg bro...i feel bad for you...those are fake

so are the ones you just bought from diamond!!! omg! now just hand them over to me...razz
July 18, 2006 @ 02:35 PM
Peter Suh

July 18, 2006 @ 03:07 PM
Quickstriker

I just finished reading the article on these kicks in Sneaker Freaker. Sounds like it was a crazy scene in NYC for these. Were these actually being sold for $300 on the day of release?

Please login first to reply.