Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
August 9, 2008 @ 07:31 PM
J.D.B.

has anyone ever gotten an appointment? can someone explain the process? and how much do the shoes cost?
August 10, 2008 @ 04:23 AM
soupreme

Yeah...went last xmas on a trip to NYC. I called a few weeks before and scheduled an appointment. Basically its no big deal...you get there they give you bottled water you go into a room with a few Macs hooked up to lcds mounted to the wall and you are assigned someone from the store. They have a bunch of samples out you can look at in detail and then you get about 40 minutes to design as many sneakers as you want to buy. For every sneaker you design (and buy) they print a card with the shoes' pic on it the size of a credit card. So here's the thing...you DO get to design items that are not available on the ID web site currently, however they may be available on the Nike Members Only web site as an ID. Also I guarantee that if they aren't available via web site today, more than likely it will be a future release. So that was a major disappointment. Its not really exclusive and you aren't going to get any exotic colors or materials to work with. The second thing that really didn't excite me too much is that YOU can't use the app. yourself to design the shoe. You tell the rep what you want and he uses the app. for you. The app. is basically the same Flash application on the web site. This was hella annoying since yes, I had a vague idea of the style and colors I was looking for, but I wanted to play around, mix and match on my own. This is difficult when you are telling the rep hey, change this, and change that. At the same time he is trying to be helpful by suggesting shit and it makes it even more annoying especially since you don't have that much time, not to mention that you are a sneaker junkie and you don't need advice anyway. For me the experience was disappointing overall maybe because I was expecting something different.
August 10, 2008 @ 05:22 AM
Langox510x

^^Can anybody make the appointment or do u have to be invited??
August 10, 2008 @ 07:23 AM
Kingkoor

Not sure whats going on now cause 255 closed down and they moved it to Niketown and appointments can be easily made now. At 255 it was much more difficult and there were many more options, the Nike id in the Niketown is kinda shitty, but I was told that it is moving back down to 255 this year.
August 10, 2008 @ 10:13 AM
J.D.B.

does it cost money to make an appt. or do u just make one, go in, and buy the shoe?

also, why doesnt the niketown in LA have a NikeiD?
August 10, 2008 @ 11:22 AM
soupreme

Naw...doesn't cost a thing. Not really exclusive, although I don't think you can just walk in. I called and made an appointment no questions asked, no credit card, just a name and a time.

I do hope it goes back to 255 because the ids I saw coming from there were nice.
August 10, 2008 @ 12:08 PM
J.D.B.

hey soupreme, if its not to much to ask, can u give me a list of some of the colors that arent on nike.com so i can think about what i want to do?

and how much do the shoes cost?
August 10, 2008 @ 01:18 PM
ryanv1978

I was there a month ago in the middle of July. The new studio is on the 5th floor of Niketown. My wife and I both went and made air max 90's and it was a cool experience. The shoes just came in the other day and I posted them in the ID thread.

You just have to call to make an appointment, just call Niketown NYC in advance.. The process looks the same as the ones you would use online but the materials you have available to you are way better than those available online. If you have the money and are anywhere near NYC i would highly suggest going in vs doing it online. The design consultant was cool and the process wasn't anywhere near as bad as homey above makes it sound, though everybody is different.

A pair of airmax 90's were $150.

I hope this helps.
August 10, 2008 @ 01:19 PM
ryanv1978

hey soupreme, if its not to much to ask, can u give me a list of some of the colors that arent on nike.com so i can think about what i want to do?

Dude it's not much the colors, it's more the materials. AM 90's had all these sick leather's available that I have never seen before. It was in like 6 different colors, none available online.

They have way better shit in the studio, but it is always switching up. I believe it has already switched since i was in there during July.
August 10, 2008 @ 01:22 PM
J.D.B.

ya i want to make some AM90s too. my dad is goin out to NY next week but i cant go. he said if i gave him some ideas he'd make an appt and go. can u give me some of the colors and materials that arent available online?
August 10, 2008 @ 02:47 PM
J.D.B.

can u post a pic of the 2 pairs u made so i can see an example of the different materials?
August 10, 2008 @ 03:08 PM
matth

^^^^
i had a friend who went all the time and he called and told the girls working that i would be coming thru. i was allowed to use a laptop without assistance but i wasnt allowed to use all of the materials. i was basically told that only vip's could use all the extra shit. the only extra material i think i was allowed to use was the buffalo suede (i think thats what it was) but this was before the 25anniversary so we got to id all of the maxes. its an awesome experience dont get me wrong but you'll probably be disappointed because you expect much more. i went to 255 tho not niketown
August 10, 2008 @ 03:10 PM
matth

when you id a shoe they also give you a print out of your shoe. the main colors you use and a black leather folder...like you just bought a car. which i thought was dope
August 10, 2008 @ 10:22 PM
soupreme

^^^^
the only extra material i think i was allowed to use was the buffalo suede

Yeah that's what 255 had. Niketown doesn't have any of that. I would have loved to be able to get stuff like that...

The design consultant was cool and the process wasn't anywhere near as bad as homey above makes it sound, though everybody is different

It wasn't really the design consultants fault my experience was bad and not necessarily the process either...I mean you don't pay for the appointment so you can't complain about something that is free (although the kicks are a little bit more), it's just that as a person who has over 70+ pairs of Nikes, you are looking forward to something very special.

The colors and materials change constantly as well as the styles they offer from how I understand it...but below is the AM 90 I had done. I think it was like $135 plus shipping. If you notice it had textured leather and contrast stitching. One thing for sure no matter what is that they won't have multiple shades of the same colors (which really makes a sneaker pop) nor will you be able to customize any part of the shoe they don't allow on the regular ID web site, if that makes sense.

August 10, 2008 @ 10:49 PM
soupreme

Funny...at members only web site they are offering the same AM 90 again right now. I think however there are some different materials available...this is the EX VI I think mine was the V or something...

August 11, 2008 @ 02:37 PM
outlawzsm

do they do 180's?
August 11, 2008 @ 03:00 PM
matth

they did 180's when i went...but this was 2-2 1/2 years ago
August 11, 2008 @ 05:34 PM
sygyzy

What exactly is the "members only" Nike ID site?
August 11, 2008 @ 07:30 PM
ryanv1978

what they have is always changing both model wise and material wise, the only way to know for sure is to make an appt and go.
August 12, 2008 @ 02:47 AM
soupreme

they did 180's when i went...but this was 2-2 1/2 years ago

do they do 180's?

I wish they still did 180's. Love them joints for some reason those are my favorite IDs, look so sick when customized.

What exactly is the "members only" Nike ID site?

If you troll around on the Nike store web site you will see an obscure little like to "members only". If you register you can get access to buy a few quickstrike releases and every once in awhile they will feature a special ID you can do. Try here:

www.nike.com/index.jhtml?sitesrc=USLP#l=nikestore
August 12, 2008 @ 06:22 PM
sygyzy

soupreme - Thanks for being so friendly and helpful!
August 12, 2008 @ 07:00 PM
J.D.B.

If you troll around on the Nike store web site you will see an obscure little like to "members only". If you register you can get access to buy a few quickstrike releases and every once in awhile they will feature a special ID you can do. Try here:

www.nike.com/index.jhtml?sitesrc=USLP#l=nikestore

is it possible to just get those blue/orange/grey AM 90s in the quickstrike section?
August 12, 2008 @ 09:28 PM
soupreme

is it possible to just get those blue/orange/grey AM 90s in the quickstrike section?

I think they sold out of those...you used to be able to click on that and select your size...it's usually limited amounts.
August 14, 2008 @ 07:09 AM
ryanv1978

the members only air amx 90 options are pretty much what i had available to me in the ID studio about a month ago. The studio has since switched over...the dude I had at the store said it was going more classic materials and colors.

Please login first to reply.